Beauty is a Beast

By writer_gone_wild

Kat Howlett is a vigilante. She has had her powers for a long as she can remember, which isn't a very long ti... More

Chapter 1: Bank Robbers and New Teachers
Chapter 2: A Game of Kat and Mouse
Chapter 3: Shawarma Anyone?
Chapter 4: Luna the Huntress
Chapter 5: SHIELD and the Avengers Initiative
Chapter 6: At Avengers Tower
Chapter 7: Gwen's Bright Idea
Chapter 8: Talks of Redemption
Chapter 9: Hidden Island
Chapter 10: Training and Parties
Chapter 11: Mjolnir and Worth
Chapter 12: Drugged
Chapter 13: A Hero's First Day
Chapter 14: The Gum on Gwen's Shoe
Chapter 15: Ghost of the Past
Chapter 16: The Nightclub Blues
Chapter 17: A Lesson in Lying101
Chapter 18: Can't Be Caged
Chapter 19: Hallucinations
Chapter 20: Chit-Chat
Chapter 21: On The Loose
Chapter 23: The Hulk Isn't the Only Green One Around
Chapter 24: Jail Break
Chapter 25: The Asgardian King
Chapter 26: The Asgardian Queen
Chapter 27: Taylor's Message
Chapter 28: Warrior Wolf
Chapter 29: Asgardians vs Varulv
Chapter 30: Four Words That Kill
Chapter 31: Avoidance and Love Affairs
Chapter 32: The Pact
Filler Chapter: Trip to the Grocery Store

Chapter 22: One and the Same

4.8K 246 51
By writer_gone_wild

*3rd Person's POV*

After Kat went slack in Loki's arms, he wrapped one of his arms under her legs and kept the other firm on her back. Loki turned to Logan.

"Did you hear her?" he asked.

"I'll drive the bike back." Logan responded after nodding to Loki.

Logan drove behind the van on the bike, like he said he would, while everyone was piled in the huge contraption. Loki held Kat in his lap, no room to lay her on the seats. Everyone was thinking about today's events and what the Beast had said while Loki just thought about the kiss.

He hadn't done anything, he just stood there as the Beast kissed him forcefully until the pressure softened when Kat took over again. It wasn't the first time they had to kiss, the first time being at the club. But did it count as a second? It wasn't even Kat. The first time was because she had to in order not to get caught.

This girl confused him and he felt like she would be the end of him.

***************

Kat was standing, but she didn't know how to explain where she was. The only thing that came to her mind was white. Everything was white, as if she had been trapped inside a blank sheet of paper. She turn in a circle, trying to see if everything was the same. When she had turned 360 degrees, she came face to face with a wolf.

It had a fluffy white and grey, almost silver, coat of fur and bright blue eyes. Kat had never seen this wolf but she had immediately put a name to it.

"Beast." Kat had said, almost in a polite greeting.

If Kat didn't know better, she would have said that the wolf had grinned. The story of Little Red Riding Hood had popped into her mind. As if on cue, the white around them being replaced with a forest scene, corresponding with Kat's thoughts.

Interesting.

Kat stopped studying the forest to turn back to the Beast. Did her mouth move?

No.

How was she communicating with Kat without talking?

I can still hear your thoughts and you can hear mine.

"How fun," Kat replied sarcastically before throwing her arms around her. "Where are we?"

Your head.

"How? Why?"

It's like dreaming, but you're aware of it. Plus, we need to talk on common ground and without the others interrupting.

"What about?" Kat was oddly calm about this as she sat on the forest floor, the grass as soft as she had imagined it.

Everything.

Kat watched as the Beast walked forward and sat infront of her. This was her chance to gain a better understanding of the Beast, herself, and everything that had been happening lately.

"Okay, first of all, what was with the whole taking my body for a joy ride?"

It was the only way I could make you see that I'm not as horrible and awful as you think.

"So you took my body for a spin around the city?"

You act like I committed a crime.

"Not a crime, but invasion of privacy."

You want to talk about privacy? I'm inside your head.

"Can you get out?" Kat asked sincerely, actually curious about it.

It's not that simple. I'm not just in your head, I'm a part of you. Like your conscious, but I have my own opinions.

"What about the wall? What happened with that?"

It obviously didn't work. It actually triggered something. Do you remember those hallucinations you had after you woke up at the X Mansion?

"Yeah, what about them?"

Those weren't hallucinations, they were memories.

"I've never see those people or that place in my entire life." Kat argued.

Your entire life that you've spent on Earth.

That just confused Kat more, but she wanted to get to the bottom of this.

"Explain."

Your earliest memory is when you were saved by Logan, but that's just your first 'human' memory. You're not human Kat, or just a mutant. You're an alien, a Varulv to be exact. It translates exactly to-

"Werewolf." Kat cut her off, having learned Norwegian, it was the easiest language that came to her.

That place was your home and those people were your parents. We were attacked by the Dark Elves when you were young. You were sent away to be safe and keep the Tesseract out of the hands of the Dark Elves. But when you landed on Earth you had been injured, that's when Project X found you. You already had your powers so they assumed that you were a mutant. You already had your claws and bones made out of adamantuim. They then made Logan like you since you were stronger.

Kat had a hard time digesting this. She had parents. Two people who loved her. They loved her, right? Of course they did. She must have been what they were talking about when the woman- her mother was crying. They sent her away, but what happened to them?

They died. Everyone did that day. You're the last Varulv left. That's why the Dark Elves want you. They want to finish the job now that they have the Tesseract.

"So that's it? They kill my people for a- an element and they still want me dead?!"

Being the daughter of the Varulv king and queen is intimidating to them. You have no idea what your parents were capable of. They were war heroes, threatening to anyone in their way. You are part of the greatest, most frightening species out there.

"Do Loki and Thor know? About the Varulv? About me?"

That's another thing. Odin and your father were allies. They wanted to make their kingdoms stronger and by doing that they had to combine them.

"So?"

You and Loki were suppose to get married .

Excuse me?

You were both the closest in age and you had taken a liken to each other when you two met when you were very young. That was the condition that your mother and Frigga made. You two had to at least like each other, but your fathers couldn't have cared less. They just wanted to keep their wives happy.

"So is that why your adamant about me loving him? Because of an arranged marriage?"

That's not it. He's your soulmate. Varulv can have one, but its very rare.

"That's just fan-freaking-tastic! I was going to be married to someone without my consent but its okay, because we're soulmates!" By this time Kat was on her feet and pacing. "Who does that? Looks to two kids to unite two kingdoms. No pressure there."

Why are you really angry, Kat?

Kat wasn't sure how much she liked that the Beast could call her bluff. She had spent so much of her life hating her and now, here she was, explaining all of this.

"My parents should have just let me die with them," Kat had finally said what she wanted to. "It would have save everyone trouble. Logan would be safe at the X Mansion where so many people need him, Loki and the Avengers wouldn't have to deal with all of this! Oliver would be alive!"

Do you really think that? Logan loves you like his own. You're basically the reason that he got out of Project X, you were his motivation. Loki and the Avengers would have to deal with the Dark Elves stealing the Tesseract with Taylor anyway. And Oliver wouldn't have lived as long without you.

"What do you mean?"

Just because you were out of it most of the time in Project X HQ doesn't mean I was. They found Oliver while he was dying. They pumped your blood into his body and he woke up. He was alive and well, then he got out of there with you and Logan.

Kat was silent where she stood.

And what about all of those people you saved with your powers? All of those robberies and bad guys you've stopped? That was all you.

"You helped."

Did I? Or did I sit in the back of your head?

Kat changed the subject, "What now?"

Now you return back to the land of the living and tell everyone the truth. Tell them who you are, where you come from, and tell Loki that you love him. But most of all, be an Avenger and hit the Dark Elves, but faster and harder. Make them sorry they even thought about messing with your people.

What she said was exactly what Kat had been thinking. Now she knows why. It's because they are one and the same.

*****************

Kat left the forest behind for the safety of the Tower. When she woke up she was laying on a bed in the medical ward, her catsuit replaced with her favorite sweat pants and a tank top. She made a mental note to thank Loki later, but right now she needed to gather everyone around to tell them what was going on and the new plan she had.

Dr. Banner walked through the door, taking note of her sitting up in the bed. He opened his mouth to speak but Kat beat him to it.

"We need an emergency Avengers meeting." She stated, already standing up and throwing on the flannel that was placed at the end of her bed.

"What for?" Dr. Banner asked.

"I know everything now."

******************

*Kat's POV*

An hour later, here I was explaining to my team what the Beast had told me. It was taking so long because the first 10 minutes of everyone hugging me and asking if I was okay. The next 25 was taken up by me trying to explain that the Beast was actually good and trying to help me. Now, I was just about finished.

"So, basically, I'm an orphaned, alien princess born with metal bones and a wolf in my head that helps me with life. I was also friends with the other two aliens in this room and betrothed to one. Any questions?"

Tony raised his hands.

"Yes?"

"Yeah, what about this makes sense?"

"Well," I ran a hand through my hair. "It explains why I can't remember anything before Weapon X and the Beast's purpose."

"No, the part where you practically grew up with these two," he gestured to Thor and Loki. "And you and Reindeer Games suppose to be married by now."

"What is so bad about being married to me, Anthony?" Loki growled.

"Well-"

"Stark," I warned, my voice stern. "Zip it before I zip it for you."

"Ooh, protective over your husband. I hear he likes that kind of thing."

I narrowed my eyes at him, just waiting for him to start squirming under my glare. Once he started feeling uncomfortable I started talking again.

"I didn't have to tell you all this, but I figured that if I didn't then someone else might. I could have kept it between us aliens." It was my turn to gesture to the brothers.

"Why Thor, too?" Natasha asked.

"I figured that he would have known about it anyway," I turned to the brothers. "Did you two know about this whole ordeal? Did Odin and Frigga tell you?"

"Mother told us after the attack on the Varulv." Thor answered.

"They were attacked hundreds of years ago," Loki stated, changing the topic. "When did you come to Earth?"

"I'm not sure. Before I was 10 because that's the earliest I remember being at Project X."

You were sent to this time period to be safe. This is when people like you were starting to be considered normal among the public.

"Is there anyway I could have time traveled?" I asked no one in particular. "Maybe, when I was sent with the Tesseract it got lost years before Cap made an appearance. Red Skull found it, then it was in the ocean, then everything else happened and here we are. The Tesseract was left behind back then while I skipped everything and showed up in the 21st century."

"That is possible," Loki commented. "What do we do next?"

"I have a few ideas but you guys might not like it." I sighed.

"We didn't like the Beast possessing you. Try us." Loki put in for everyone.

"Okay, well, it involves going to Asgard," I started. "I want to talk to Odin and Frigga, find out what they know and anyone else old enough to remember what happened back then."

Loki and Thor shared a look. It was one of those looks that siblings shared when they were thinking the same thing.

"What?" I questioned, wanting to know what the problem was now.

"Odin would not let you in Asgard." Thor stated.

"At least, not without proving that you are the lost princess." Loki finished.

"The lost princess?"

"There is this story called the Myth. It's about a Varulv princess that escaped the war. In the Myth, she is suppose to return, grown into a women, ready to avenge her kingdom's downfall and claim her only loved one left." Thor explained.

I practically jumped out of my seat, "Loved one? Is there someone from the battle left? My relative?"

Thor looked away from me and I knew that wasn't the loved one he was talking about.

"Loved one," Loki spoke up. "As in her betrothed."

I nodded, settling back in my seat when something else occurred to me.

"Will your parents make me and Loki get married?"

"There is no way of knowing." Thor answered.

"There's no reason for them to. There are no two kingdom to unite, which is all Odin would care about." Loki pointed out.

My heart clenched when he had said no two kingdoms. There's only one left of the two allies, no need for an arranged marriage.

"What about Frigga?" Steve asked.

"Mother only cares that we are happy." Thor looked at Loki when his eyes had drifted.

"How do I prove that I'm the lost princess?" Saying the words even felt ridiculous.

"You meet them," Logan answered, probably for the first time since I started talking. "You're all the proof they need. You said that the Varulv had claws like yours."

"Yeah, but so do you."

"There must be another way for them to know." Clint said hopefully.

"There just might be," I turned to Loki as the idea formed. "Can you project images from my mind for others to see?"

Everyone watched Loki expectantly, waiting for the answer.

"I suppose so."

"What are you going to do?" Natasha questioned.

"Like Logan said, I'm all the proof they need. Even memories that I don't remember having."

***************

PLOT TWIST! Bet you guys didn't see that coming!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146 0 15
Katrina Ivanova Richards also know as Kate lives alone in the big city, New York! She has amasters degree in computer science and has a black belt in...
10.8K 353 35
Y/N was a 22 year old woman who just moved to New York City, and trying to live a normal life as a nurse in a hospital, despite being born with stran...
11.9K 533 31
Sophie Adams has a quick temper, hardly disguising the attribute when she gets annoyed easily at times. But who doesn't? However, that temper worsene...
5.2K 59 25
Natasha Romanoff has a little sister no one knew about until the avengers initiative. she has many powers, she was considered dangerous until taken i...