the heiress || harry potter f...

Af GEMOfTheNight

When GEMMALYNN was younger, her grandfather told her everything he knew, but when she got older, he left her... Mere

⚡️The Sorcerer's Stone⚡️
i. the heiress and the boy who lived
ii. the gryffindor and the house of gryffindor
iii. the seeker and the school of magic
iv. the protector and the mirror of erised
v. the friend and the sorcerer's stone
vi. the witch and the house cup
⚡️The Chamber of Secrets⚡️
vii. the favorite and the weasley family
viii. the sane and the insane professor
ix. the suspect and the quidditch game
xi. the lioness and the doubts
xii. the best friend and the spiders
xiii. the heir and the chamber of secrets
xiv. the true gryffindor and the truth
⚡The Prisoner of Azkaban⚡
xv. the special one and the dangers
xvi. the brave one and the friendship
xvii. the open heart and the break in
xviii. the soft spot and the marauders map
xix. the valentine and the patronus
xx. the godchild and the prisoner of azkaban
xxi. the brilliant one and the time turner
xxii. the time traveler and the firebolt
⚡The Goblet of Fire⚡
xxiii. the quiddtich fan and the tournament
xxiv. the champion and the misunderstanding
xxv. the mediator and the first task
xxvi. the date and the yule ball
xxvii. the treasure and the second task
xxviii. the winner and the dark lord
⚡Order of the Phoenix⚡
xxix. the wanderer and the safe place
xxx. the brokenhearted and the twins
xxxi. the defender and the thestrals
xxxii. the founder and the d.a.
xxxiii. the girl and the mistletoe

x. the parselmouth and the rising problems

2.2K 85 50
Af GEMOfTheNight

⚡⚡⚡

Inside the Hospital Wing, Ron was grinning maniacally as he watched Draco looking dazed. Madam Pomfrey quickly entered the room with a bottle of Skele-Gro and glanced at Draco, lying on a bed. Pansy, Goyle, Crabbe and Flint surrounding the overreacting Draco.

"Oh, Mr. Malfoy, stop making such a fuss. You can go." Madam Pomfrey said as she hurried over to Harry, who was surrounded by a group of Gryffindors. "Out of my way."

Gemmalynn sat up on her bed, which was beside Harry's, while Hermione and Ron stood in between hers and Harry's beds. She watched as Madam Pomfrey poured out a steaming beakerful of liquid from a bottle of Skele-Gro.

"He should have been brought straight to me!" Madam Pomfrey said loudly then sharply turned to Gemmalynn, who quickly looked away. "And, you! You shouldn't have left without me knowing! You still need to rest!" she turned back to Harry. "I can mend bones in a heartbeat but growing them back---"

"But, you will be able to, won't you, Madam Pomfrey?" Gemmalynn asked, worriedly.

Madam Pomfrey nodded to Gemmalynn. "I'll be able to, certainly." she assured and glanced at Harry. "But, it will be painful. Regrowing bones is nasty business. You and Gemmalynn are in for a rough night, Potter."

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other as Madam Pomfrey looked at Gemmalynn, pointing the steaming cup of Skele-Gro to her. "You resting the whole night." she said and turned back to Harry as she handed him the steaming cup. "And, you regrowing your bones."

Harry took the steaming cup and drank it, but he quickly spit it out and grimaced in disgust. Gemmalynn watched him as she stifled a laugh.

"Well, what did you expect? Pumpkin juice?"

Then, a flash of light made Gemmalynn and Harry blinked. They saw Colin standing in between their beds, holding his camera.

"That was brilliant today, Gemmalynn, Harry! Brilliant!"

Gemmalynn and Harry frowned slightly at the enthusiastic boy.

"Out! All of you! This boy's got thirty-three bones to regrow, and this girl needs all the rest she can get!" Madam Pomfrey scolded Gemmalynn and Harry's visitors, and led them out.

Hermione and Ron smiled and waved goodbye to Gemmalynn and Harry and hurried off with the others as Madam Pomfrey closed the hospital doors behind her. As Gemmalynn laid back on her bed and made herself comfortable, Harry turned to her.

"I'm really grateful for what you did, Gem. For stopping the bludger, I mean." Harry said, gratefully.

Gemmalynn turned her head to the side to look at Harry and smiled happily. "It was nothing, Harry. I just don't understand why there was a rogue bludger in the game earlier." she said in wonder.

Harry shrugged. "I don't understand either. How's your head?" he asked, worriedly.

Gemmalynn touched her head, which was wrapped with bandage. "It's still hurting, but it's bearable unlike before. I'm just glad you're safe." she said and gave Harry a big close-eyed smile.

Harry blinked as he stared at her earnestly as if trying to figure out something. "I'm glad you're safe too, Gem." he said and smiled in relief.

"Madam Pomfrey's right when she said, the two of us are in for a rough night, especially you." Gemmalynn said and gestured her head towards Harry's arm.

Harry glanced down at his arm and looked back to her. "Eh, I'll be fine, I guess."

Gemmalynn sighed in exasperation. "Lockhart is an absolute idiot. He doesn't know what he was doing. I doubt his entire being." she complained as Harry laughed in amusement.

"Setting aside Lockhart, you know Malfoy was being weird earlier in the game." Harry told her with a weird look on his face.

Gemmalynn stared at him, funnily. "Weird? Weird how?" she asked, confused.

Harry shrugged. "He asked about you, like how you were doing. Sounds to me, he was worried about you."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in surprise. "What? Draco really asked about me? He was worried?" she asked, eagerly and Harry nodded. "That doesn't sound like Draco we know."

⚡️⚡️⚡️

That night, Gemmalynn was sleeping peacefully on her bed while Harry fidgeted in the darkness, half asleep.

"Kill....."

Harry's eyelids fluttered slowly open.

"Kill....."

Gemmalynn grunted and slowly woke up with a start. "Harry?"

Harry quickly sat up from his bed and turned to Gemmalynn, who also sat up from her bed.

"Gem?"

Gemmalynn turned to Harry. "I heard the voice. I thought I was dreaming." she told him.

Harry nodded. "Me too."

"Time to kill....."

Hearing the voice again, Harry took his glasses from his and Gemmalynn's shared bedside table and quickly wore it, while Gemmalynn's eyes widen and quickly grabbed her wand, which was underneath her pillow.

The two sensed something. A presence. They both glanced at each other. Suddenly five bandaged fingers appeared out of Harry's bed. Gemmalynn gasped in shock as Harry bolted upright and found the house elf, Dobby staring at them.

"Hello."

Gemmalynn stared at Dobby, confused. "The house elf. Dobby, is it?"

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked in confusion.

"Gemmalynn Gryffindor and Harry Potter came back to school. Dobby warned Harry Potter. Gemmalyn Gryffindor and Harry Potter should have listened to Dobby. Gemmalyn Gryffindor and Harry Potter should have gone back home when they missed the train."

"This is my home, Dobby." Gemmalynn said and sighed heavily before realizing something and looked down at Dobby. "Hang on! Dobby, it was you!"

"You stopped the barrier from letting Gem, Ron and me through!" Harry said.

"Indeed. Yes, milady, sir." Dobby admitted and Gemmalynn stared at him in disbelief. "Dobby hid and watched for both Gemmalynn Gryffindor and Harry Potter and sealed the gateway."

"You nearly got me, Gem and Ron expelled!" Harry told Dobby.

"Dobby, how could you?" Gemmalynn asked in disbelief.

"At least you two would be away from here. Gemmalynn Gryffindor and Harry Potter must go home!"

Gemmalynn let out a exasperated sigh. "Like I said, Dobby. This is my home!"

"Dobby thought his bludger would be enough to make both Gemmalynn Gryffindor and Harry Potter to see."

Gemmalynn gasped in horror. "Your bludger?!" she exclaimed, angrily.

"Your bludger?! You made that bludger chase after me and Gem?!" Harry said, fuming with anger at the thought of Dobby being the reason why the redhead heiress was injured. "You almost got Gem killed because of that bludger!"

"Dobby feels most aggrieved, milady, sir. Dobby had to iron his hands." Dobby said as he showed his bandaged fingers and Gemmalynn looked at him with pity.

"You'd better clear off and stop doing things that might get Gem endanger again before my bones come back, or I might strangle you!" Harry threatened Dobby as he leaned forward towards the house elf.

Gemmalynn quickly stood up from her bed and pulled Harry away from Dobby. "Okay, Harry, relax, will you? And, do you really have to threaten Dobby?" she asked in disbelief.

Harry turned to her with a frown on his face. "You almost got killed because of his doing, Gem. You're asking me to relax, and why do I have to threaten him?"

Gemmalynn sighed and smiled warmly at him. "Thank you for worrying about me, but don't be so hard on Dobby. Calm down and take it easy." she said, softly.

"Dobby is used to death threats, milady. Dobby gets them five times a day at home." Dobby told her.

Gemmalynn smiled sadly at Dobby then turned back to Harry gave him a scolding look. Harry, giving in, sighed as he and Gemmalynn looked back at Dobby.

"I don't suppose you could tell us why you're trying to kill us?" Harry asked, curiously.

"Not kill you, milady, sir. Never kill you! Dobby remembers how it was before Gemmalynn Gryffindor and Harry Potter triumphed over He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. We house elves were treated like vermin, milady, sir. Of course, Dobby is still treated like vermin." Dobby said and cried as he honked his nose on his filthy pillowcase clothing.

Gemmalynn looked sympathetically at Dobby. "Oh, Dobby. You poor thing."

"Why do you wear that thing, Dobby?" Harry asked, referring to Dobby's clothing.

"This, sir? This is a mark of the house elf's enslavement. Dobby can only be freed if his master presents him with clothes. The family is careful not to pass Dobby so much as a sock, sir, for then he would be free to leave their house forever." Dobby explained.

Gemmalynn stared at Dobby and took note of what Dobby has said. Dobby's ears quivered, detecting footsteps, and jumped on Harry's bed.

"Listen. Listen!" Dobby whispered and beckoned Gemmalynn and Harry to move closer. "Terrible things are about to happen at Hogwarts. Gemmalynn Gryffindor and Harry Potter must not stay here, now that history is to repeat itself."

"Terrible things are about to happen in Hogwarts?" Gemmalynn asked in confusion then looked Dobby in shock. "Wait, hang on, did you just say history is to repeat itself?"

"You mean, this has happened before?" Harry asked in disbelief.

Gemmalynn frowned. "But, I never knew that." she mumbled.

"And, you shouldn't have!" Dobby said and gasped in shock, realizing what he said. "I shouldn't have said that." he seized the Skele-Gro from the bedside table and repeatedly beat himself. "Bad Dobby! Bad!"

Gemmalynn's eyes widen. "Dobby! Dobby! Stop that! Stop it!" she said as she frantically grabbed the Skele-Gro from Dobby and put it away from his reach.

Harry grabbed a fistful of Dobby's filthy clothing. "Tell me, Dobby, when did this happen before? Who's doing it now?" he asked.

"Dobby cannot say, sir. Dobby only wants Gemmalynn Gryffindor and Harry Potter to be safe." Dobby told him.

"No, Dobby! Tell us. Who is it?"

With a snap of his fingers, Dobby was gone. The two Gryffindors heard footsteps and saw shadows approaching the room. Gemmalynn and Harry quickly went back to lay on their beds and pretend to sleep as they peered through a slit in the curtains that covered both their beds. They saw Dumbledore, in a nightcap, and McGonagall, in a tartan robe, heave a small statue onto an empty bed.

Madam Pomfrey bustled in the Hospital Wing. "What's happened?" she asked, worriedly.

"There's been another attack." Dumbledore told her.

Madam Pomfrey gasped as Gemmalyn and Harry saw that it wasn't a statue lying on the hospital bed across from them. It was Colin with his camera still clutched to his eye. Gemmalynn and Harry exchanged a look of shock.

"Another attack?" Gemmalynn mouthed to Harry, who nodded.

"Look, perhaps he managed to get a picture of his attacker."

Dumbledore took Colin's camera and opened it as a jet of steam hissed forth.

"What does this mean, Albus?"

"It means our students are in great danger, Minerva."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in horror and quickly covered her mouth with her hand and looked at Harry.

"Mr. Creevey was fortunate. If not for this." Dumbledore said, holding up the camera in his hand. "He would surely be dead."

"What should I tell the staff, Albus?"

"Tell them the truth. Tell them, Hogwarts is no longer safe. Tell them it's as we feared. The Chamber of Secrets is indeed open again." Dumbledore said then glanced at Gemmalynn and Harry's beds, which was both covered with a curtain. "I fear, one or more of the secrets we are hiding from Gemmalynn will be revealed to her, whether we continue hiding it or not."

McGonagall nodded slowly. "I suppose."

Harry's eyes widen in shock and turned to Gemmalynn, who couldn't believe her grandfather and McGonagall hid secrets from her, not just one but more. She always believed her grandfather told her everything, but that wasn't the case now.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

The next day, very early in the morning, not yet dawn, while Harry was sleeping peacefully on his bed, Gemmalynn was fully awake and was thinking of the petrified Colin, who was across from her and Harry's beds, lying unmoving on his hospital bed.

"Oh, poor Colin."

Suddenly, a shadow entered the room and stopped in front of Gemmalynn's bed. Gemmalyn's eyes widen as the shadow pushed the curtain away. She gasped softly when she saw the last person she expected to visit her. Draco stared at Gemmalynn, surprised that the girl was awake, he expected she wasn't.

"Draco? What are you doing here?" Gemmalynn asked him in confusion.

Draco looked away, embarrassed. Gemmalynn frowned at him in confusion before noticing his hands were behind his back, hiding something.

"Don't get the wrong idea!" Draco said, defensively.

Gemmalynn furrowed her eyebrows at him. "I wasn't, not until you brought it up. I am getting the wrong idea now, Draco." she said as Draco turned his head away, hiding his blushing cheeks. "You're awake, walked from the Slytherin Dungeon to the Hospital Wing very early in the morning, not even dawn yet and standing in front of me. What do you suppose I should think?"

Draco got even more embarrassed as he groaned in annoyance with the redhead heiress. "I'm just here to return something to you. Okay?!" he said as got even more defensive.

Gemmalynn was even more confused as Draco walked closer to her side and placed her Gryffindor bracelet around her wrist.

"My bracelet!" Gemmalynn exclaimed, happily. "How did you---"

"I found it lying on the ground when you were brought here."

Gemmalynn smiled happily at him. "Thank you, Draco, really. I wouldn't know what would happen if I lost this again. I already lost this last year, but luckily grandpa found it." she explained.

An adorable, genuine smile appeared on Draco's face, forgetting the blush on his face. Gemmalynn stared at him, remembering the past where she and Draco were still close.

"You know, Draco, if you weren't a jerk to Harry, Ron and Hermione and, possibly, everyone, we could be friends, like the old times." Gemmalynn admitted and looked down sadly. "We used to be so close."

Draco blinked madly as his eyes widen before running off with his redden cheeks, while Gemmalynn tilted her head to the side, confused at his odd behaviour.

"And, here I thought we could mend our friendship. Did I hope too soon?"

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Later that day, inside the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey checked on Harry's condition and smiled happily.

"You're good to go, Potter."

Harry smiled gratefully at Madam Pomfrey and nodded as he climbed out of his bed.
Madam Pomfrey turned to Gemmalynn and gently unwrapped the bandage around her head before replacing it with a clean one.

"And, you my dear, just one more day. You still have to rest, I don't trust you to be careful with that head of yours. It's better to be sure than regret it later."

Gemmalynn sighed sadly. "Yes, Madam Pomfrey."

Madam Pomfrey smiled at Gemmalynn and walked away, leaving the redhead heiress with Harry.

"Madam Pomfrey's right. It's better to be sure." Harry said and smiled comfortingly at Gemmalynn.

Gemmalynn rolled her eyes. "I don't think I have so much of a choice here." she said, sarcastically.

Harry chuckled in amusement. "It's for your own good, Gem. Don't worry, I'll visit with Hermione and Ron later after class." he assured her.

Gemmalynn nodded smiled happily just as the doors of the Hospital Wing burst open and the Weasley twins rushed inside towards the redhead heiress.

"Gem!"

"Gryffindor Heiress!"

Gemmalynn and Harry turned and saw the Weasley twins rushing towards them. The redhead heiress smiled happily seeing the two.

"Fred! George!"

The twins grinned happily at Gemmalynn before looking at Harry.

"We'll take it from here, Harry."

"Yeah, it's our turn to take care of Gem."

Gemmalynn raised an eyebrow in amusement, while Harry slightly frowned. The two glanced at each other and shrugged.

Fred and George kept Gemmalynn company the whole day she was still confined in the Hospital Wing. Whatever she needed or wanted, the twins were quick to offer it to her, which earned teasing and fond gazes of the people around them. She was visited by Oliver and her teammates and wished her quick recovery. She was also visited by Harry, Ron and Hermione after classes and promised that they would come and get her early in the morning.

That night, as she tried to fall asleep, but her thoughts wandered to her grandfather and the unknown secrets he was keeping from her.

'Is grandpa keeping me in the dark?'

The next morning, as promised Harry, Ron and Hermione came to the Hospital Wing for Gemmalynn.

"Now, take care of your head, Gemmalynn." Madam Pomfrey reminded the redhead heiress.

Gemmalynn nodded obediently as Harry and Ron helped her out of her bed, while Hermione grabbed her broomstick.

Madam Pomfrey glanced at Harry, Ron and Hermione. "Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, and Ms. Granger, kindly look after Gemmalynn, understood?" she told three and narrowed her eyes at Gemmalynn. "Given on experience, she's as stubborn as a mule."

Gemmalynn scratched the nape of her neck as she looked away, guilty, as her friends smiled at Madam Pomfrey and nodded.

"We will, Madam Pomfrey."

"Don't worry, Madam Pomfrey."

"We'll make sure Gem is looked after, Madam Pomfrey."

Madam Pomfrey smiled at the three Gryffindors. "Good. Now, off you go."

Gemmalynn, Harry, Ron and Hermione smiled at each other before walking out of the Hospital Wing as Madam Pomfrey stared at Gemmalynn and Harry's retreating figures with a fond smile on her face.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Gemmalynn, Harry, Ron and Hermione and were in the first floor girl's lavatory. It was a gloomy place with cracked mirrors, chipped sinks and guttering candles. Harry and Ron huddled over a small, bubbling cauldron as Gemmalynn and Hermione added the strange ingredients inside the cauldron.

"Again? You mean, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione asked, curiously.

Gemmalynn nodded. "Yes, it has. History is to repeat itself." she answered and Harry nodded in agreement.

"Of course! Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here, and now he's told Draco how to do it." Ron told them.

"Maybe." Hermione mumbled.

Gemmalynn sighed heavily. "We're not sure yet. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." she told her friends and looked away, deep in thought. 'But, I am pretty sure Lucius must be behind all this.'

Ron groaned softly as he glanced around the girl's lavatory. "Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?"

Gemmalynn and Hermione glanced at each other and frowned at him.

"We won't."

"That's right. No one ever comes in here."

Ron and Harry exchange looks of confusion. "Why?"

Hermione lifted two fingers. "Two words."

"Moaning Myrtle." Gemmalynn told the two boys.

Ron furrowed his eyebrows. "Who?"

"Moaning Myrtle." Gemmalynn repeated.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked in confusion.

Gemmalynn pointed at the wall as a loud, piercing screeched echoed throughout the lavatory and a ghost of a young girl came racing out of the wall towards Ron.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle."

Moaning Myrtle flew up above the four Gryffindors. "I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about fat, ugly, miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle?" she said, sobbed loudly before diving head first into the toilet.

Gemmalynn looked at Ron, who was shocked and confused at the same time. "She's a little sensitive."

⚡️⚡️⚡️

A golden stage has been erected inside the Great Hall for the Duelling Club. Lockhart stood atop the stage as Gemmalynn, Harry, Ron, Hermione and a good number of other students watched.

"Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent." Lockhart said loudly and glanced around the room. "In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club."

Gemmalynn furrowed her eyebrows at Lockhart and leaned closer to Harry, out of Hermione's earshot. "How could grandpa grant him such permission?" she whispered, sarcastically.

Harry shrugged. "Maybe, it's a good thing." he whispered back.

"Clearly not." Gemmalynn muttered.

"To train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions."

Gemmalynn rolled her eyes in annoyance, knowing what comes next.

"For full details, see my published works." Lockhart said and smiled, making the redhead heiress frown.

The boy next to Harry, Justin-Finch Fletchley, turns to him and Gemmalynn. "That Lockhart's something, isn't he? Awfully brave chap."

Gemmalynn turned to Justin as he offered his hand towards her and Harry, who shook his hand first then Gemmalynn's.

"If you say so." Gemmalynn said politely and gave him a strained smile.

"Justin Finch-Fletchley. Hufflepuff."

Gemmalynn smiled at him in acknowledgment. "Nice to meet you. I'm--"

"I know who you two are. We all do. Even us muggle-borns." Justin said and grinned agreeably.

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other and shrugged before looking back at the stage, where Snape has joined Lockhart.

"Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear." Lockhart said and winked at the students.

"Actually, it's quite the opposite. Just take out the worry part." Gemmalynn muttered.

Hearing her, Harry smiled at her in amusement.

Lockhart and Snape faced each other and bowed. They turned away and walked ten paces then spun around as they poised their wands like swords.

"As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course."

"I wouldn't bet on that." Harry whispered to Gemmalynn, who nodded in agreement.

""One. Two. Three."

"Expelliarmus!"

A dazzling flash of scarlet light burst forth from Snape's wand and blasted Lockhart off his feet and into the wall behind him. Hermione looked worried, while Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron didn't care even the slightest bit.

"Do you think he's all right?" Hermione asked in concern.

With amused faces, Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron glanced at each other. "Who cares?"

Lockhart rose unsteadily to his feet. "Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you see, I've lost my wand." he said and glanced around as Hermione, who found his want, quickly handed it back to him. "Ah, thank you, Miss Granger."

Hermione smiled dreamily at him, while Gemmalynn grimaced in disgust.

Lockhart approached Snape. "Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy."

Gemmalynn quirked an eyebrow in amusement at Lockhart. "Oh really?" she mumbled.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." Snape suggested.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape." Lockhart said and turned away from him as he glanced at the students. "Let's have some volunteers."

Lockhart looked around and spotted Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron. "Gryffindor, Potter, Weasley. Which is which?"

Gemmalynn looked worriedly at Harry , who smiled reassuringly at her before walking towards the stage.

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells." Snape said and looked at Gemmalynn, blankly. "Miss Gryffindor is still recovering from her head injury, and Madam Pomfrey had forbidden her to do anything that might harm her."

Gemmalynn frowned and crossed her arms. "Now, that's unfair." she complained and Harry smiled at her in amusement.

Snape looked at Lockhart. "We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house. Malfoy, perhaps?" he said and Draco walked up the stage, his eyes never leaving Harry.

Gemmalynn stood beside Hermione and Justin as she stared at Harry, worriedly. "Harry, please be careful." she mumbled and glanced at Draco.

As Lockhart walked past Harry, he looked at him worriedly. "Good luck, Potter."

"Thank you, sir." Harry said, not taking his eyes off of Draco.

Draco and Harry eyed each other malevolently as they took their places onstage. Grudgingly, they bowed to each other.

"Wands at the ready." Lockhart said.

"Scared, Potter?"

"You wish."

Harry and Draco turned away from each other and walked ten paces then turned around with their wands poised as the two glared at each other.

"When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent. Only to disarm. We don't want any more accidents." Lockhart said.

Gemmalynn looked away from Harry towards Lockhart and raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you one already?" she muttered.

"One. Two---"

"Everte Statum!"

Draco fired a second early, knocking Harry off his feet with a blast of white light.

Gemmalynn gasped in horror. "Harry!"

The Gryffindors stared at Harry worriedly while the Slytherins laughed as Draco smirked smugly at him.

Harry jumped up and pointed his wand. "Rictusempra!"

A jet of silver light hits Malfoy dead in the stomach. He doubled up, wheezing.

"I said, disarm only!" Lockhart said loudly as the two duelling enemies ignored him.

"Serpensortia!"

To Gemmalynn and Harry's horror, the tip of Draco's wand exploded and a long black snake slithered forth.

Snape smiled with amusement. "Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you."

"Allow me, Professor Snape." Lockhart said and approached the snake in a safe distance.

"Alarte Ascendare!"

Lockhart brandished his wand at the snake and there was a loud sound. The snake, instead of vanishing, flew ten feet into the air and fell back to the stage with a loud smack. The snake hissed in rage, and slithered straight towards Gemmalynn and Justin Finch-Fletchley. The snake rose, its fangs exposed and poised to strike the two. As students screamed, Harry calmly approached the snake, while Gemmalynn, as if in a trance, pushed Justin behind her and stared at the snake.

"Sya- hasi- heth"

Snape stared at the two Gryffindors, bewildered. The snake turned to Harry and stared into his eyes before looking at Gemmalynn.

"Sya- hasi- heth!"

The snake hovered at Gemmalynn for a moment before miraculously slumping to the floor. Coming out of her trance, Gemmalynn eyes widen in horror, realizing what she just did.

'Did I just spoke in Parseltongue?' she thought to herself.

Snape, becoming horrified at the new discovery that both Gemmalynn and Harry could speak Parseltongue, pointed his wand at the snake.

"Vipera Evenesca!"

Snape waved his wand and the snake vanished in a puff of black smoke. Harry blinked at the snake, confused with what he did as Justin stared at him and Gemmalynn in horror.

"What are you two playing at?" Justin asked, terrified as he backed away from two.

Gemmalynn and Harry, who looked both confused, glanced around the faces around them. Draco stared at them, shocked, while everyone else stared at them in fear.

"Let's get out of here."

"Come on, you two!"

Ron grabbed Harry's arm while Hermione grabbed Gemmalynn's as they quickly ran away from the Great Hall as the students stared at their retreating figures with judgemental eyes.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Ron and Hermione ushered Gemmalynn and Harry inside the Gryffindor Tower.

"You two are Parselmouths. Why didn't you tell us?" Ron asked in disbelief.

Harry looked absolutely confused. "We're a what?"

Gemmalyn frowned at the thought of being a Parselmouth. She didn't even know that she can talk to snakes. "Is this one of those secrets grandpa was talking about?" she thought, slightly terrified.

"You and Gem can talk to snakes." Hermione told Harry.

"I know. I mean, I accidentally set a python on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once. But, so what? I bet loads of people here can do it." Harry said with a shrug.

Gemmalynn turned to him and shook her head. "No, they can't. It's not a very common gift, Harry. Not anyone even grandpa, who understands Parseltongue yet can't speak Parseltongue." she explained, worriedly.

Hermione looked worriedly to her two. "This is bad."

Gemmalynn nodded. "Very bad."

Harry looked even more confused. "What's bad? If Gem and I hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin---"

"Oh, that's what you two said to it." Ron exclaimed in surprise.

Harry turned to him. "You were there! You heard me!"

"Harry, listen to me." Gemmalynn said as Harry turned to her. "Ron and Hermione, like everyone back there heard us speaking, but in Parseltongue. Snake language. They don't understand that. Only we understood what we said."

"I spoke a different language?" Harry asked in shock as Ron and Hermione nodded. "But, I didn't realize how can I speak a language without knowing I can?"

Hermione glanced at Gemmalynn, who didn't even know the answer. "I don't know, Harry. But, it sounded like you and Gem were egging the snake on or something. It was creepy." she said, truthfully.

Ron's blue eyes met Gemmalynn's green ones and his eyes widen in shock when he realized something. "I don't understand many things, but there is one thing that's not making sense to me." he said.

Hermione turned to him. "What is?"

Ron pointed at Gemmalynn. "Gem." he said as he, Harry and Hermione turned to her. "Gemmalynn Vell Peer Dumbledore-Gryffindor, known as The Heiress Who Lived, Godric Gryffindor's descendant and Heir of Gryffindor. How come you know Parseltongue? No one from the line of Godric Gryffindor could speak Parseltongue, well not until you spoke it earlier."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen. "I don't know either. I didn't know I could speak such a language." she said and looked at her friends, frightened. "Ron's right. No one in the line of Godric could speak snake language."

Ignoring the anxiousness building up inside her, Gemmalynn turned to Harry.

"Harry, listen to me. There's a reason the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent. Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth. He could talk to snakes too." Gemmalynn explained as Hermione nodded .

"Exactly. Now, the whole school's going to think you two are his great-great-great grandson and granddaughter or something." Ron added.

"But, I'm not. I can't be." Harry said and glanced at Gemmalynn.

Gemmalynn nodded. "That's right. Especially me, I can't be Salazar's great-great-great granddaughter, even worse, his heir when everyone knows, I mean every single person in our world knows that I'm a direct descendant of Godric Gryffindor and I'm Godric's Heir." she explained and turned around when she heard the entrance of the Gryffindor Tower opened.

The Gryffindors walked in, and eyed Gemmalynn and Harry warily. Without a word, they walked past them towards their dormitories.

"Yes, everyone can doubt Gem's the Heir of Slytherin, for already being the Heir of Gryffindor, and the only thing that needed to be explained is why Gem knows Parseltongue." Hermione said as she and Gemmalynn looked Harry worriedly. "But, Harry, Salazar Slytherin lived a thousand years ago, for all we know, you could be his great-great-great grandson."

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

305K 8.7K 35
~ Year one ~ Warning: this is a journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, over and done with, I don't believe this is fo...
38.7K 1.5K 49
╔ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╗ ║ Book Two ║ ║ of ║ ║ Four ║ ╚ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Entering darker times with a mass murderer o...
171K 6.2K 69
~ Year five ~ Warning: This is the fifth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, o...
46K 1K 44
"If you think I'm letting you out of my sight again, you're wrong. I lost you once, I won't loose you again Alora. Put on the damn mask." {18+} Matth...