the heiress || harry potter f...

By GEMOfTheNight

When GEMMALYNN was younger, her grandfather told her everything he knew, but when she got older, he left her... More

⚡️The Sorcerer's Stone⚡️
ii. the gryffindor and the house of gryffindor
iii. the seeker and the school of magic
iv. the protector and the mirror of erised
v. the friend and the sorcerer's stone
vi. the witch and the house cup
⚡️The Chamber of Secrets⚡️
vii. the favorite and the weasley family
viii. the sane and the insane professor
ix. the suspect and the quidditch game
x. the parselmouth and the rising problems
xi. the lioness and the doubts
xii. the best friend and the spiders
xiii. the heir and the chamber of secrets
xiv. the true gryffindor and the truth
⚡The Prisoner of Azkaban⚡
xv. the special one and the dangers
xvi. the brave one and the friendship
xvii. the open heart and the break in
xviii. the soft spot and the marauders map
xix. the valentine and the patronus
xx. the godchild and the prisoner of azkaban
xxi. the brilliant one and the time turner
xxii. the time traveler and the firebolt
⚡The Goblet of Fire⚡
xxiii. the quiddtich fan and the tournament
xxiv. the champion and the misunderstanding
xxv. the mediator and the first task
xxvi. the date and the yule ball
xxvii. the treasure and the second task
xxviii. the winner and the dark lord
⚡Order of the Phoenix⚡
xxix. the wanderer and the safe place
xxx. the brokenhearted and the twins
xxxi. the defender and the thestrals
xxxii. the founder and the d.a.
xxxiii. the girl and the mistletoe

i. the heiress and the boy who lived

6.9K 223 56
By GEMOfTheNight

When separated, shall always reunite,

When everything is in the right.

⚡⚡⚡

Hogwarts Headmaster Albus Dumbledore hummed a gentle tune as he casually walked through the busy streets of Diagon Alley. He took a quick glance behind him and smiled fondly.

"Keep up now."

Following slowly behind him while curiously gazing at everything she saw, was a young girl with fiery red hair and calming green eyes.

"Happy 11th Birthday, Little Gem."

Gemmalynn Vell Peer Dumbledore-Gryffindor was his beloved granddaughter left in his care by his adopted daughter, Emma Vell Peer-Dumbledore and her husband, Griffin Gryffindor.

Dumbledore guided Gemmalynn to a shabby looking building with peeling gold letters hanging over the door saying: Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C.

"Ah,here we are. This is where you'll obtain your wand, Little Gem. Go on, then."

Gemmalynn smiled happily at her grandfather, who gently pushed her inside the shop. She gasped in awe as she looked around the dusty shop. Thousands of narrow boxes, containing wands were piled right up to the ceiling in every corner.

"I wondered when I'd be seeing you, Ms. Gemmalynn Gryffindor."

Gemmalynn flinched in surprise and turned around to find an elderly man was standing before her behind the counter, his wide, pale eyes shining like moons through the gloom of the shop.

"Mr. Ollivander, I'm finally getting my wand today."

Garrick Ollivander smiled fondly at the young girl. "Ah yes! It seems only yesterday that your parents were here buying their first wands too." he said, picking out a box and handing the wand inside to Gemmalynn. "Here, 11" long, made of holly wood, and possessed a dragon heartstring core."

As soon as Gemmalynn held the wand, her eyes widen in awe as her whole body was covered in bright light and felt warm. Just as she was about to give the wand a wave, the light on her disappeared as a vase broke nearby and the shelves from behind Mr. Ollivander shot out.

"Oh no! I'm sorry!" Gemmalynn said apologetically and quickly placed the wand on the counter.

Mr. Ollivander chuckled lightly. "Oh, not to fret. It happens all the time, but this wand wasn't the one for you, Ms. Gryffindor." he said and stared quietly at Gemmalynn. "I wonder."

Mr. Ollivander hurriedly went to the back of the shop and grabbed an ornate metal box, quite different from the other boxes containing wands. He placed the box in front of Gemmalynn, who stared curiously at it.

"What's that, Mr. Ollivander? It seems different from the others." Gemmalynn asked and stared closely at the ornate metal box.

"Why don't you open it for yourself, Ms. Gryffindor?" Mr. Ollivander said and pushed the ornate metal box closer to her.

Without hesitation, Gemmalynn nodded and opened the metal ornate box. She grabbed the wand and her whole body was covered in bright light once again, as well as the warm feeling she felt before, but more powerful. She waved the wand and the broken vase nearby was magically fixed, as well as the shelves behind Mr. Ollivander magically returned to their rightful places. She looked down at the wand and smiled happily.

Mr. Ollivander stared at her with curious eyes. "Curious. Very curious." he mumbled loud enough for Gemmalynn to hear.

Gemmalynn looked at him. "Curious? What's curious, Mr. Ollivander?" she asked and placed the wand back inside its box.

"The wand is 12" long, made of Yew wood, and possesses a phoenix feather core. I remember every wand that I've sold Ms. Gryffindor, every one. It so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather resides in your wand gave another two feathers. Just two other. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you a curse, and the other, a scar."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen and looked down sadly. "The Heiress Who Lived. The Boy Who Lived." she mumbled quietly and looked at Mr. Ollivander. "Who owned the other wand, Mr. Ollivander? Is it Harry Potter?"

"I don't know. The wand chooses the wizard or witch, Ms. Gryffindor. It is not always clear why." Mr. Ollivander said as he and Gemmalynn looked down at the ornate metal box. "But, I think it is clear that you and whoever will have the other wand, we can expect great things from you both."

⚡⚡⚡

After Gemmalynn obtained her wand, Dumbledore personally trained and taught her everything she needed to know. As young as she was, she adapted quite quickly. When she learned Harry Potter was turning eleven and the Dursleys, the family he was living with intercepted all his Hogwart Letters, she begged her grandfather to accompany Rubeus Hagrid, her half-giant friend, with his task of finding and reintroducing Harry to the wizarding world.

Gemmalynn and Hagrid found out the Dursleys moved away in a hut on a rock surrounded by the sea in the middle of nowhere, hoping to escape the letters from Hogwarts. Just before midnight on Harry's birthday, they arrived at the hut on the rock.

The redheaded witch stood behind Hagrid as he loudly knocked on the front door of the hut, making sure Harry's uncle and aunt, Vernon and Petunia Dursley woke up, as well as his cousin, Dudley Dursley.

Gemmalynn and Hagrid heard Vernon Dursley's frightened voice from the other side of the door. Hagrid banged the door once again and accidentally destroyed its hinges.

"Sorry 'bout that." Hagrid said apologetically as he lifted the door.

Gemmalynn walked inside the hut as Hagrid lifted the door and shut it behind them. Petunia almost fainted on the spot when she saw Gemmalynn and thought she was someone else, having the same red hair and green eyes.

"I demand that you two leave at once. Both of you are breaking and entering." Vernon told the fiery redheaded witch and the half-giant as he lifted his shotgun and aimed it towards them.

"Dry up Dursley, you great prune." Hagrid mocked him as he and Gemmalynn walked over to the Dursleys.

"You don't stand a chance against us." Gemmalynn said calmly as she whipped her wand out while Hagrid bent the end of the shotgun up and it blew a hole in the roof.

"Expelliarmus!"

With the wave of her wand, Gemmalynn knocked the shotgun in Vernon's hand to the side as the man himself was thrown off his feet. A frightened Vernon scrambled to his feet and tried to run for his shotgun, but Gemmalynn smirked in amusement.

"Too slow. Accio gun!"

The shotgun flew towards Gemmalynn, but Hagrid grabbed it and easily crushed it with his bare hands. Gemmalyn chuckled in amusement seeing Vernon's horrified and frightened face.

"Good job, Little Gem!" Hagrid complimented Gemmalynn as he gently patted her small head before turning to Dudley and walked over to him.

"Well, I haven't seen you since you were a baby, Harry. But, you're a bit more along then I would have expected, particularly around the middle." Hagrid said to Dudley, thinking Dudley was Harry.

Gemmalynn stared at them in confusion. "He doesn't look like a Harry." she mumbled and looked around the room before stopping on a frightened boy hiding in a corner and noticed something on his forehead covered by his hair. "But, he looks like one."

"I'm not, I'm not Harry."

"Oh!"

Gemmalynn smiled as she walked over to The Boy Who Lived. "Harry?"

Startled, Harry looked up, and saw a pretty girl with fiery red hair and beautiful green eyes standing in front of him with a warm smile on her face.

"That's me. I'm Harry."

Hagrid turned to Harry and smiled happily. "My bad! Of course you are!" he said and walked over to him and Gemmalynn.

A box appeared in front of Gemmalynn and took it before handing it to Harry. "Hi Harry."

A surprised Harry stared at the half-giant in front of him before looking back at Gemmalynn with a shy smile.

"Hi."

"We got something for you. We made it ourselves." Gemmalynn said excitedly as Harry took the box from her.

"Afraid I sat on it, but I imagine it'll taste fine just the same." Hagrid said and smiled happily. "Baked it ourselves, words and all."

Harry smiled gratefully yet shyly as he opened the box to reveal a birthday cake. His very first birthday cake. His shy smile turned to a happy grin.

"Thank you!" he exclaimed excitedly.

Gemmalynn smiled warmly seeing Harry's happy face. "That's the best present we can give you on your 11th birthday." she told him.

"Right. It's not everyday you young man turns 11 now, is it?" Hagrid added and sat on a dusty couch in front of the fireplace.

Gemmalynn nodded in agreement as she followed after him and stood in front of the fireplace. She pointed her wand towards it as small fireballs shot out from the tip of her wand into the grate of the hut. Harry and the Dursleys eyes widen at what she did.

"Excuse me, but who are you two?" Harry asked Gemmalynn and Hagrid as he placed his cake down on a nearby table.

"My name's Gemmalynn Vyell Peer Dumbledore-Gryffindor." Gemmalynn introduced herself and smiled happily. "But, I prefer to be called Gem. My name's too long."

Harry smiled back. "Hi, Gem!"

"Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts." Hagrid introduced himself and turned to Harry. "Of course, you know all about Hogwarts."

Gemmalynn sighed heavily. "Hagrid, you of all people would know that he knows nothing of our world." she reminded him.

Confused, Harry glanced between Gemmalynn and Hagrid. "Sorry, no."

"No? Blimey, Harry didn't you ever wonder how your mum and dad learned it all?" Hagrid asked in disbelief.

"Learned what?" Harry asked back, completely lost in the conversation.

Gemmalynn sighed again as she looked at Harry and smiled at him. "You're a wizard, Harry."

Harry's eyes widen in shock. "I'm a what?" he asked in disbelief.

"A wizard." Gemmalynn repeated.

"And, a thumpin' good one I'd wager once Little Gem here, trained you up a bit." Hagrid added.

"No, you've made a mistake. I mean I can't be a wizard. I mean I'm Harry, just Harry."

Gemmalynn chuckled in amusement. "Well, Just Harry did you ever make anything happen? Anything you couldn't explain, when you were angry or perhaps scared?" she asked curiously.

As Harry looked thoughtful, Gemmalynn and Hagrid exchanged knowing looks.

Gemmalynn walked over to Harry and stood in front of him. "Oh! I almost forgot. Here. Now, you can read it without interruption." she said and handed him a letter before pointing her wand at the frightened Dursleys, threatening them not to do anything. "Don't interfere. I have enough of you taking Harry's letters from him!"

Harry looked at her then to his letter and opened it. "Dear Mr. Potter, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." he read as Gemmalynn smiled happily.

"He will not be going! We swore when we took him in that we would put a stop to all of this rubbish!" Vernon yelled angrily.

Harry looked at him. "You knew? You knew all along and you never told me?" he asked in disbelief.

"Of course we knew. How could you not be? My perfect sister being who she was. Oh, my mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter. We have a witch in the family. Isn't it wonderful? I was the only one who saw her for what she was. A freak!" Petunia spat angrily and glared at Gemmalynn. "And, she met your equally perfect mother!"

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in surprise. "My mother? She and Harry's mum were best friends. She did nothing wrong to you and your equally abnormal personality!" she said angrily.

Petunia looked back at Harry. "Then she met that Potter, and then she had you and I knew you would be the same just as strange just as abnormal. And then, if you please, she got herself blown up, and we got landed with you." she added.

"Blown up?! You told me my parents died in a car crash!"

"A car crash? A car crash killed Lily and James Potter?" Hagrid asked in disbelief and glanced at Gemmalynn.

Gemmalynn raised an eyebrow at Petunia in amusement. "A car crash? Really?"

"We had to say something!" Petunia argued.

"It's an outrage. It's a scandal."

"He will not be going." Vernon announced loudly.

"Oh, and I suppose a lowly Muggle like yourself is gonna stop him? I think not." Gemmalynn mocked.

"Muggle?" Harry asked and looked at her, confused.

Gemmalynn looked back at him. "Non-magic folk." she told him.

"This boy's had his name down since he were born." Hagrid told the Dursleys.

"He's going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world. And, he'll be under the finest headmaster that Hogwarts has ever seen, Albus Dumbledore." Gemmalynn said, proudly.

"Right, he is!" Hagrid agreed.

"I will not pay to have some crack pot old fool teach him magic tricks!" Vernon insulted Gemmalynn's grandfather.

Instantly, both Gemmalynn and Hagrid pointed their wands threateningly at him.

"Never. I repeat, never ever insult my grandfather, Albus Dumbledore in front of us. Especially, in front of me!" Gemmalynn yelled in anger as her wand glowed red and pig's tail grew out of Vernon's rear end.

Vernon's eyes widen in horror and accidentally let out a pig's cry. Hagrid spotted Dudley eating Harry's cake and pointed the end of his pink umbrella wand at him. Suddenly, Dudley has a pig's tail growing out of his rear end just like his father. The Dursleys screamed in fright and ran upstairs as Gemmalynn, Harry and Hagrid laughed in amusement.

"We'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone at Hogwarts about that." Hagrid told Harry.

Gemmalynn nodded in agreement as she put her wand away and looked at Harry. "Right. Strictly speaking we're not supposed to do magic in this world." she explained

Harry nodded and smiled happily. "I won't."

Gemmalynn looked outside. "Hagrid we must get going. We got lots to do."

Hagrid looked outside and nodded in agreement. "Oh yes, of course! We're a bit behind schedule. Best be off." he said as he and Gemmalynn walked towards the door.

Gemmalynn turned back to Harry, who was just standing still on his spot since earlier as he looked at her. "Unless you'd rather stay, of course." she teased him.

Harry's eyes widen and grinned happily as he followed Gemmalynn out of the hut.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Gemmalynn, Harry and Hagrid walked together through the streets of London as Harry looked at his school supply list.

"All students must be equipped with a one standard size two pewter cauldron, and may bring, if they desire, either an owl, a cat, or a toad." he said and looked at Gemmalynn. "Can we find all this in London?"

Gemmalynn turned to him and smiled. "Yes, if you know where to go." she answered.

Hagrid nodded in agreement as he and Gemmalynn walked towards the shop, The Leaky Cauldron. The three entered the dimly lit tavern, and as soon as they did, the bartender, Tom noticed Hagrid.

"Ah, Hagrid the usual I presume."

Hagrid shook his head. "No thanks, Tom, I'm on official Hogwarts business with Gemmalynn. We're helping young Harry buy his school supplies." he said and glanced behind him.

The bartender looked behind him to find Gemmalynn and Harry standing close to each other. "Bless my soul, it's Gemmalyn Dumbledore-Gryffindor and Harry Potter!"

The chattering came to a halt as the customers of The Leaky Cauldron turned to the two famous children.

"Finally, Miss Gryffindor, it's an honor to personally meet you."

"Welcome back, Mr. Potter, welcome back."

"Doris Crockford, Mr. Potter, Miss Dumbledore-Gryffindor. I can't believe I'm meeting you two at last."

Professor Quirrell, Hogwarts' Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, approached the two. "Harry P-p-potter. C-can't tell you how p-pleased I am to meet you." he stuttered.

"Hello, professor I didn't see you there. Harry, Professor Quirrell will be your, together with Gemmalynn, Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." Hagrid said and looked down at Harry.

Gemmalyn smiled warily at Professor Quirrell. "Hello, professor." she politely greeted him.

When she first met the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, Quirinus Quirrell, she instantly felt dread. She tried being friendly with him, but he was obvious about avoiding her. One time she accidentally bumped into him and he quickly scrambled away from her as if he was terrified of her. From then on, she was suspicious of him.

Harry smiled politely. "Oh, nice to meet you." he said and held out his hand, but Quirrell avoided taking it and only looked at him.

Gemmalyn narrowed her eyes suspiciously at Hogwarts' DADA professor, but remained silent.

"A fearfully fascinating subject. N-not that you need it, eh, P-potter? Especially you, L-ittle L-little Dumbledore." Quirrell stuttered as he only looked at Harry, avoiding Gemmalynn's suspicious eyes.

"Yes, well must be going now. Lots to buy." Hagrid told Quirrell as he guided Gemmalynn and Harry towards the exit.

"Goodbye." Gemmalynn and Harry said to Quirrell and walked away with Hagrid.

Gemmalynn, Harry and Hagrid walked out of The Leaky Cauldron and into an alley just behind it.

"See, Harry? You're famous." Gemmalynn teased.

Harry looked at her, confused. "But, why am I famous?" he asked. "You too, Gem. All those people back there, how is it they know who we are?"

"I'm not exactly sure I'm the right person to tell you that, Harry." Hagrid said and glanced at Gemmalynn.

Gemmalyn smiled warmly at Harry. "Don't worry about that, alright? You'll understand in time, but first your introduction to our world." she said as Hagrid pulled out his pink umbrella and tapped a few bricks on the wall.

The bricks magically began to move, forming an opening to a walk through as Harry's eyes widen in shock

Gemmalyn chuckled seeing his reaction. "Welcome, Harry, to Diagon Alley."

The three walked through the crowd, and they were an unusual group. A half-giant walking together with two small children.

Hagrid pointed towards Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop. "That's where you get your quills and ink. Over there, all your bits and bobs for doing wizardry."

The three passed by a broom shop with the new Nimbus 2000 in the window and heard the children nearby talking about the new Nimbus.

"It's a world class racing broom."

"Wow! Look at it the new Nimbus 2000! It's the fastest model yet!"

Harry looked at Gemmalynn with worry in his eyes. "But, Gem, how am I to pay for all this? I haven't any money."

Gemmalynn looked at him and smiled. "Oh, you have money. Over there." she assured him and pointed at a building up ahead.

Hagrid nodded. "That's right! Gringotts, the wizard bank! Ain't no safer place, not one! 'Cept perhaps Hogwarts." he added and Gemmalyn nodded in agreement.

Gemmalynn grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him towards Gringotts, while Hagrid chuckled as he followed after the two.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

At Gringotts, Gemmalynn, Hagrid and Harry walked along the main corridor, the goblins on either side of them were working.

Harry stared at the goblins. "What exactly are these things?" he asked in confusion.

"They're not things, Harry. They're goblins." Gemmalynn told him.

"Clever as they come the goblins." Hagrid said to Harry, who looked at him. "But, not the most friendly of beasts. Best stay close to us."

Hagrid, Harry and Gemmalynn reached the main desk where Griphook, the Head Goblin sat.

"Mr. Harry Potter wishes to make a withdrawal."

Griphook sets his quill down and looked at the three. "And, does Mr. Harry Potter have his key?" he asked.

Hagrid rummaged his pocket. "Wait a minute. Got it here somewhere. Ha! There's the little devil."

Gemmalynn looked at the Griphook. "There's something else as well. My grandfather, Albus Dumbledore gave me this." she said and handed him a piece of paper in her hands.

"It's about You-Know-What in a vault you know which." Hagrid added.

Griphook looked carefully at Gemmalynn. "Very well."

⚡️⚡️⚡️

"Vault 687."

Gemmalynn, Harry, Hagrid, and Griphook arrived at Harry's vault. Griphook climbed out of the cart and faced Hagrid.

"Lamp, please." he said and Hagrid handed him the lamp.

As Griphook walked off, Harry, Gemmalynn and Hagrid climbed off the cart and followed after the goblin.

"Key, please."

Hagrid handed Griphook the key and the goblin opened the vault to find mounds of gold coins, columns of silver, and heaps of little bronze knuts. Harry stared at it in shock to find out how much money he has while Gemmalynn chuckled as she and Hagrid looked at him.

"Didn't think your mom and dad would leave you with nothing now, did you?"

⚡️⚡️⚡

"Vault 713."

Gemmalynn stood in front of the vault while Harry and Hagrid stood behind her.

Harry turned to Hagrid. "What's in there?" he asked.

Gemmalynn turned to Harry and smiled apologetically. "Sorry, Harry, but neither Hagrid or I can't tell you." she told him.

"Hogwarts business. Very secret. We're suppose to keep it hidden." Hagrid added.

"Stand back." Griphook said as he ran his finger along the outside of the vault, which unlocked all the locks on the inside.

The vault door opened and Gemmalynn stepped inside. She gently picked up a small package that sat alone on the floor and gave it to Hagrid before turning to Harry.

"It's best not to mention this to anyone, Harry."

"Not at least one." Hagrid added.

Harry saw how serious the two were and could only nod.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Gemmalynn, Hagrig and Harry were walking along the throng of people in Diagon Alley as Harry was checking his school supply list again.

"I still need a wand."

"A wand? Well, you want Ollivander's. There ain't no place better." Hagrid said and turned to Gemmalyn, who nodded in agreement.

"Why don't you accompany Harry, Little Gem? I got one more thing to do. Won't be long."

Gemmalyn smiled and nodded. "Okay." she said and turned to Harry. "Let's go to Ollivander's."

Harry nodded and Gemmalynn guided him towards Ollivander's.

"Have you gotten your wand, Gem?" Harry asked curiously.

Gemmalynn turned Harry and nodded. "I've had my wand since last year, even before meeting you. I also got it at Ollivander's." she said and smiled proudly at him. "That's right, I'm older than you."

Harry frowned. "You're already eleven?"

Gemmalynn nodded. "I'm turning 12 this October. I'm months older than you, Harry." she said as she and Harry walked inside the shop

"Mr. Ollivander!"

Ollivander came into Gemmalynn and Harry's view on a ladder. "I wondered when I'd be seeing you, Mr. Potter. As expected with no other than Miss Gryffindor."

Gemmalynn smiled happily. "Hello, Mr. Ollivander. I'm accompanying Harry to buy his wand." she told him.

Mr. Ollivander smiled widely and looked at Harry. "Ah yes! It seems only yesterday that your parents were in here buying their first wands." he said and picked out a box and took out the wand inside before handing it to Harry.

Harry held the wand in his hand and stared at Mr. Ollivander.

"Well, give it a wave." Mr. Ollivander instructed him as Gemmalynn chuckled in amusement.

Harry gave the wand a wave and several shelves shot out of a cabinet. He quickly sets the wand down and looked helplessly at Gemmalynn, who smiled comfortingly at him.

"Apparently not. Perhaps this." Mr. Ollivander picked another wand and handed it to Harry.

Harry gave the wand a wave and a vase nearby exploded. He quickly placed the wand down and looked at Gemmalynn again with worry in his eyes.

Gemmalyn continued to smile comfortingly at him before looking at Mr. Ollivander with a knowing glint in her eyes. "What about that wand, Mr. Ollivander?"

Mr. Ollivander's eyes widen as he looked at Gemmalynn before hurriedly pulling out a box. "I wonder." he mumbled and handed the wand to Harry.

Gemmalynn looked expectantly at Harry, who held the wand tightly in his hand and he was suddenly surrounded by a yellowish light.

Gemmalynn's eyes widen and smiled happily. "I knew it." she mumbled softly and jumped excitedly. "Congratulations, Harry! You found your wand!"

Harry turned to her and chuckled as Mr. Ollivander took the wand back from him. He glanced between Gemmalynn and Harry then to the wand in his hand. "Curious. Very curious, yet again." he said as he began to box up the wand.

Hearing him, Harry looked at him in confusion. "Sorry, but what's curious?"

Mr. Ollivander glanced between him and Gemmalynn. "I remember every wand that I've sold Mr. Potter, every one. It so happens that the phoenix whose tail feather resides in your wand and in Ms. Gryffindor's gave another feather. Just one other. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand and Ms. Gryffindor with hers when their brother gave you that scar and Ms. Gryffindor's curse."

Harry looked worriedly at Gemmalynn, who looked back at him. "Curse?"

Gemmalynn nodded. "Everyone who knew of our world knew of a curse that was given to me, yet no one knew what it is. Nor I, even grandpa." she explained.

Harry looked back at Mr. Ollivander, who was looking at Gemmalynn. "And, who owned that wand?" he asked.

"We do not speak his name." Mr. Ollivander answered and looked at Harry's wand again. "The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. It is not always clear why. But, I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you two."

Harry looked back at Gemmalynn, who smiled at him.

"After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes, but great." Mr. Ollivander added.

"Little Gem! Harry!"

Gemmalynn and Harry turned to look outside and saw Hagrid through the window holding up a cage with a snowy owl in it.

"Harry, Harry! Happy Birthday!"

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Gemmalynn, Harry and Hagrid were at The Leaky Cauldron having dinner after buying everything Harry needed in his school supply list.

"Are you alright, Harry? You seem very quiet." Hagrid asked curiously.

Gemmalynn looked at Harry. "Is something bothering you? Perhaps what Mr. Ollivander told you?" she asked worriedly.

Harry looked at her and nodded. "He killed my parents, didn't he? The one who gave me this." he said, touching his scar and glanced between Gemmalynn and Hagrid. "You know Gem, Hagrid. I know you both do."

Gemmalynn sighed heavily and nodded slowly. "Yes, He did. He didn't just killed yours, but he killed mine as well, Harry. He didn't just killed them, He left His mark on us." she said and slightly lowered her shirt to show him her curse mark.

Just where her heart was, a mark. A symbol of a snake wrapped around the head of a lion.

Harry's eyes widen at it with worry as he unconsciously touched his lightning bolt scar. "Does it hurt?" he asked.

Gemmalynn shrugged. "It does sometimes. But, it doesn't hurt that much, it just stings as if I was burned." she explained and covered her mark.

"First and understand this, Harry, because it's very important. Not all wizards are good. Some of them go bad." Hagrid told Harry, who looked back at him.

Gemmalynn nodded in agreement. "A few years ago one of them went as bad as you can go."

"His name was V---"

"Maybe if you wrote it down?" Harry suggested.

"No, I can't spell it." Hagrid told him.

Gemmalynn sighed heavily and leaned closer to Harry's ear. "Voldemort. His name is Voldemort." she whispered.

Harry turned to her in shock. "Voldemort?" he asked, slightly loud.

"Shh!"

Harry looked around if anyone heard what he said and then looked back at Hagrid.

"It was dark times, Harry, dark times. Voldemort started to gather some followers. Brought them over to the Dark Side."

Gemmalynn looked sadly at Harry. "Anyone who stood up to him ended up dead. Your parents and mine fought against him."

"Nobody lived once he decided to kill them. Nobody, not one. Except, you and Little Gem." Hagrid added.

Harry glanced between Gemmalynn and Hagrid in disbelief. "Me and Gem? Voldemort tried to kill us? Me?"

Hagrid nodded. "Yes. That ain't no ordinary cut on your forehead Harry and the mark on Gem. A mark like yours both that only comes from being touched by a curse, an evil curse at that."

"What happened to To You-Know-Who?"

"Well, some say he died. Codswallop in my opinion. Nope, I reckon he's out there still too tired to carry on. But one thing's absolutely certain. Something about you two stumped him that night. That's why you two are famous. That's why everybody knows your names. You're The Boy Who Lived, and Little Gem is The Heiress Who Lived."

"Heiress?" Harry asked in confusion and looked at Gemmalynn.

Gemmalynn turned to him and smiled. "Don't get too curious now, you'll find out eventually." she said as they two smiled at each other not noticing the happy smile Hagrid was giving them.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

The next morning at London Train Station, Gemmalynn, Hagrid and Harry walked along an airbridge toward the trains. They make an odd group, as Hagrid stood 3 times taller than Gemmalynn and Harry. The muggles around them looked at the group with curious and judgemental eyes.

Hagrid looked at a staring muggle. "What are you looking at?" he asked and the muggle scurried away before looking at his watch. "Blimey is that time? Sorry Harry, but I'm gonna have to leave you with Little Gem. Dumbledore would be wanting his---"

Gemmalynn glared at him, stopping at whatever he was going to say. "Hagrid!"

Hagrid flinched and nodded in understanding. "Well, he'd be wanting to see me. Now, your train leaves in 10 minutes. Here's your ticket." he said and handed a ticket to Harry. "Stick to it Harry, that's very important. Stick to your ticket. Little Gem here would be your guide."

Harry looked down at his ticket. "Platform 9 ¾? But, Hagrid, there must be a mistake. This says Platform 9 ¾. There's no such thing. Is there?" he asked as looked up to find Hagrid was gone, leaving him and Gemmalynn.

"He's gone." Gemmalynn said with a shrug. "And, there is Platform 9 ¾. Come on, follow me."

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Gemmalynn guided Harry towards Platform 9¾. They stood in front of a brick wall with Harry's trolley beside him.

"Are you sure, Gem?" Harry asked, uncertain.

Gemmalynn turned to him and frowned. "You need to trust me more. We're more alike than you think." she told Harry, who smiled sheepishly at her.

"Little Gem, dear, is that you?!"

Gemmalynn slightly jumped to the sound of her name being called. She turned and saw the Weasley family excluding the head of the family and the two eldest Weasleys. She grinned happily as Molly Weasley rushed towards her and embraced her tightly.

"Mrs. Weasley!" Gemmalynn greeted the mother figure in her life.

"Look how thin you are, are you eating well?" Mrs. Weasley asked worriedly as she squeezed her cheeks.

Gemmalynn could only smile and nod as she looked behind Mrs. Weasley and saw the twins, Fred and George Weasley looking expectantly at her, waiting for their turn with the redheaded heiress.

"Mum, let Gem go!"

"Yeah, let us hug her too!"

Mrs. Weasley turned to her twins and rolled her eyes. "Oh, you two." she mumbled and released Gemmalynn.

However as soon as she did, the twins engulfed Gemmalynn in a tight hug.

"Gem!"

"We missed you!"

"I missed you too, but we saw eachother a week ago. I was at The Burrow, have you both forgotten?" Gemmalynn told the twins as they hugged her tighter.

"Let her breath!"

Gemmalynn felt the twins were pried off of her and saw Percy Ignatius Weasley glaring at his younger twin brothers.

"That was uncalled for!"

"That was unnecessary!"

Percy rolled his eyes at the twins before looking at Gemmalynn and smiled at her. "Hi, Gemmalynn. Sorry about them. Scolding them isn't enough. Are you okay?" he asked worriedly.

"Hello, Percy. Thank you, but it was fine. You know how the twins are." Gemmalynn assured him.

Percy frowned. "Stop defending them. That's why they're always clinging to you." he scolded her and leaned closer to her ear. "If I'm not mistaken, I think they fancy you."

"Gem!"

Gemmalynn and Percy stepped back as the youngest Weasley, Ginerva Molly Weasley excitedly pushed past her older brothers towards Gemmalynn, who quickly noticed her and smiled happily.

"Ginny!"

The two happily embraced each other. Gemmalynn's parents were close to the Weasley Family even before she was born. When her parents died, they became her second family, and happily opened their arms and home to her.

"On your way to Hogwarts as well, Gem?"

Gemmalynn pulled away from Ginny and saw Ronald Bilius Weasley smiling at her.

Gemmalynn smiled back at him. "Yes, you too, Ron?" she asked and he nodded in response.

"All right. Time to go, Percy you first." Mrs. Weasley said and looked at Percy.

Percy nodded and ran through the wall between platforms 9 and 10 and disappeared. Mrs. Weasley turned to the twins, who stood too close beside Gemmalyn. She shook her head in disbelief at how the twins were obvious with their feelings.

"Fred, you next."

"He's not Fred, I am!"

Gemmalynn glanced between them and sighed heavily. She could perfectly tell the twins apart. George has a mole on the right side of his neck, while Fred doesn't, and Fred has a slightly deeper voice than George.

"Honestly, woman you call yourself our mother!"

Mrs. Weasley looked at the twins apologetically. "I'm sorry, George."

"Only joking! I am Fred." Fred said as he ran through the barrier with George following behind him.

"Wow!"

Gemmalynn and the remaining Weasleys turned to Harry, who smiled shyly when he noticed they were all staring at him. Gemmalynn smiled as she walked towards him with Mrs. Weasley, Ginny and Ron.

"Could you tell me how to---"

"How to get on to the platform?" Mrs. Weasley said and smiled warmly at Harry. "Yes, not to worry dear, it's Ron's first time to Hogwarts as well."

Harry looked at Ron, who smiled awkwardly at him as Gemmalynn chuckled at them.

"Now, all you have to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a run if you're nervous." Mrs. Weasley told Harry.

"I can run with you." Gemmalynn offered.

Harry looked at her with relief and smiled happily. "Thank you!"

Gemmalynn smiled at him as she stood beside Harry and held on to his trolley.

Ginny smiled at them. "Good luck!"

Gemmalynn turned to Harry. "Ready?"

"Ready!"

"To Hogwarts Express!" Gemmalynn said loudly as she and Harry ran through the barrier.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Inside the Hogwarts Express, Gemmalynn and Harry were sitting in one of the cabins on the train. Gemmalynn has her hand under her chin as she stared at the scenery outside the window while Harry, who was sitting across from her looked at her.

"Thanks for running with me through the barrier, Gem."

Gemmalynn turned her attention away from the window and smiled warmly at Harry. "Of course, Harry. I'll be here if you need me. We're friends now."

Harry looked away awkwardly as he fidgeted with his fingers on his lap. "Can you tell me more about yourself?" he asked shyly and looked back at her. "I never had friends before, and you're the first."

Gemmalynn smiled happily and nodded. "Of course. My full name is Gemmalynn Vell Peer Dumbledore-Gryffindor. As you know, I was born in October of the year 1979 on the thir--" she paused, not wanting to remember that fateful day. "Like you, I also lost both my parents, Griffin Gryffindor and Emma Vell Peer-Dumbledore, when I was two years old to You-Know-Who. The Weasley Family, the family you met earlier who were all redheads like me, became my second family. My grandfather, Albus Dumbledore, the current Headmaster of Hogwarts, the school we will be attending, is the one currently taking care of me. My grandfather and I aren't blood related. He adopted my mother when she was little."

"Why are you called The Heiress Who Lived?"

"I am the direct descendant of one of the four founders of Hogwarts. Godric Gryffindor."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 92 29
What if Tom Riddle had a heir that was taken? What if she is the daughter of the vampire queen? What if she was put with the Potter's? What happens w...
2.4M 49.7K 92
𝙎𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙡𝙮, 𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙥𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙥𝙚 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝. "𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙀𝙣𝙯𝙤, 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙘�...
1K 47 46
Haunted by her second year and now with a murderer on the loose, Gwenevere Everill finds herself facing more battles that she does not think she can...
80.6K 1.6K 73
Y/n Lupin became a werewolf at a young age from Fenrir Greyback. She kept this secret from everyone apart from her parents, older brother and a selec...