Why Me? (Student-Teacher)

By hanbanana15

Leigha Clark is a senior in high school. Luke Smith is about to start his first year of teaching. Leigha's ha... More

Why Me? (Student-Teacher)
Chapter 1-The Past
Chapter 3-The Plan
Chapter 4- They Win
Chapter 5- The Waiting Game
Chapter 6-Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 7-YOLO Moments
Chapter 8- She's a Badass
Chapter 9-Surprises and Princess Names
Chapter 10- Falling
Chapter 11- Did that just happen?
Chapter 12-Following the Plan
Chapter 13- Forbidden Love?
Chapter 14-Taylor Swift songs
Chapter 15- You don't lie about food
Chapter 16-Just Freaking Peachy
Chapter 17-I'll Always Care
Chapter 18- Date Night Ends At Police Station
Chapter 20- Hangovers and Drama
Chapter 21-Three Paper Bags as Presents
Chapter 22- Time Lapse
Chapter 23- This Love Is Ours
Chapter 24- This is Goodbye. Peace Out!
Chapter 25- Cops, Last Day of School and Marriage
Chapter 26-Happy Ever After
Chapter 27-The End!
20k reads? What?
Hey Readers!
Thanks! 90.1K!!!!

Chapter 2-First Days Always Suck

27.5K 544 199
By hanbanana15

Luke's POV:

It is four in the morning and I am sneaking into Leigha's room. I wrote her another note. I hope she's not in any of my classes. Then again I hope she is. I hope to see her cute face. I didn't want to check the class list I had gotten months ago. I want to be surprised. Ed knows how I like Leigha and he almost didn't give me the job because of it. Then again he shouldn't judge because my sister was his teaching assistant and they dated. Ed is an amazing brother in-law. He is almost another best friend, but Toby and Ben are great friends. Toby is super smart and always surprises me. Ben, well he is Ben. Ben is so protective of Lee and Tasha. He was pissed when Lee was dating that dork in Spain. He was so mad because none of us would let him go fly out so he can intimidate the kid.I can't imagine if we didn't move next to the Clark's. My life would be completely different.

I wasn't the best in school. I acted out and didn't give a shit. I'm so nervous to teach. I'm just gonna do my best. Hopefully my best is enough. I roll over in bed and stare out the window to see Leigha on her balcony. The way the moon light hits her, it should be a crime to be that beautiful. She doesn't see it, but she is very pretty. Her straight brown hair goes almost past her boobs. Her baby blues are so pretty. She is chunky, but the skinniest I've ever seen her. Her skin is so perfect. She's grown up since her freshman year. She's no longer such a dork. She sits with her legs one between a post of the balcony, headphones in her ears and my note in her hands. Oh shit my note. I close the blinds and sleeps comes to me.

Leigha's POV:

I couldn't sleep. I had to read the note. I debate my options. Fuck options. I grab the note and my iphone. I quietly open the door to my beloved balcony. I missed it while I was in Spain. I sit there and dangle my feet over the edge. I put my headphones in and tear open the envelope. It was that manly scrawl I love.

"Dear Leigha,

Another Note. Hi. I just wanna say good luck later today. You will kick ass baby doll. Senior year is suppose to be awesome, so make it. If you need it, i'll supply the booze. That might not be a good thing to tell Ed or Ben. Especially Ben. "Hey Benny. Yeah your best friend my math teacher.He's supplying me with booze and just thought you should know since you are a cop and all." No! Anyway I won't embarrass you. I love you too much for that. If those bitches bully you this year I swear to god baby doll, I will kick ass. My brother in-law can fire me and my best friend can arrest me as long as you are happy. I promised Ed I wouldn't and I quote "Tell you my true feelings, screw with your heart and then break it" So this note is mainly just to say have a great day and year baby doll.

Love,

Lucas Ethan Smith

P.S you might want my autograph so you can say you loved me before everyone else at school <3"

I look at his house and see his blinds shutting. Gosh what a stalker. I roll my eyes. Suddenly I feel sleepy.

I wake up to someone sitting on me. "Benny get off me!" I yell not bothering to open my eyes.

"Damn sis. I guess I need to lay off the junk food," Tashy says laughing.

"Aw Tashy babe. I'm sorry. Forgive me?"

"Ah nope!" She says running out of my room laughing.

"Bitch you better forgive me or you can walk your ass to school!" I yell jokingly.

"Leigha Nicole Clark watch your fucking mouth!" Benny yells from behind me.

"Leigha I forgive you! You fucking bitch!" Tashy yells. Benny looked at me and I looked at him shocked our baby sister just swore.

"Tasha Elizabeth Clark watch your fucking mouth!" Benny yells trying to control his laughter.

"Fuck you!" She replies. We all burst out laughing.

"What the heck is going on out here?" Mom asks emerging from her room.

"Tashy here swore at her big siblings. Mommy she hurt my feelings," I say with a fake pout.

"Good. Now go get dressed my little sailor mouthed bitches!" She says laughing.

An hour later, I'm driving to school jamming to the radio with my baby sister. Tashy turns down the radio. "Lele, can you call me Tasha at school? Please!" She begs.

"Ugh. Fine, but you have to call me Lee or Leigha." I reply smiling.

"Kay. I'm scared. Honestly, I am." She says almost whispering.

"You have nothing to worry about I promise. You know me, Jenny, Cody and hell you even know Luke."

"I hope I don't get Luke as a teacher," she says with a laugh.

"Me too," I agree as we pulled into the parking lot.

I spot Jenny standing near the doorway that led to our hallway. I haven't seen her since my going away party. Her hair is darker and she has another piercing in her ear. She stands holding hands with Cody. I silently awe. "Jenny!" I yell as I climb out of the car.

"Ah Senorita! I missed you!" She yells running toward me.

"Missed you too Jenny. And I missed you too Cody. I see you two are dating. Finally!"

"Tashy!Oh my fuck. You are a freshie. Ahh!" Jenny is overly excited. 

"Jenny, she's in high school now she doesn't want to be called Tashy," I wipe away a fake tear.

"Awe really. Our Tashy is growing up and shit." Jenny says laughing.

"Shut up you too. I'm going to find Sara. She was getting a ride with Luke.Have a good day see you later," Tasha says walking, well running away from us.

"Bye Tasha. I love you baby sis. Have a great day beautiful!" I yell after her.

"Fuck you Leigha!" She yells with a smirk.

"Well if it isn't Leigha Clark. Looks like summer treated you well. You lost some weight, but you are still a fat ass," Nikki says with a smile.

"Bet she's still a virgin," Nikki's side kick Claire says with a smirk.

"Well if it isn't Nikki Simpson and Claire Spencer. I see you didn't mature any over the summer," Jenny spoke. Her brown eyes sparkle with evil.

"Jenny is that another piercing?" Claire questions.

"Nikki is that another nose job?" I ask smiling and high fiving Jenny.

"Claire look it speaks now! Holy shit!" Nikki says laughing.

"Come one Leigha. Let's go get our schedules," Jenny say grabbing my arm.

"And like always they walk away," Nikki yells with a smirk in her voice.

"Listen bitch. I'm not putting up with your shit like I have since middle school. Grow the fuck up!" I yell back. Jenny giggles as we ran to the office.

I look at my schedule:

1. Spanish 1-T.A Sims

2.A.P English Smith-Richards

3. Calculus-Smith

4. Environmental Science-Smith

5. Current Events-Richards

6.Algebra 1 T.A-Smith

Jenny and I have 2,3,4,5 together. "Are you shitting me? I have Luke for 3 fucking hours," I whisper.

"Haha." Jenny replies sticking her tongue out.

"Hi Leigha. Is it alright I gave you 2 T.A positions?" My councilor Mrs. Say questions.

"Yes ma'am. Thank you!" I reply smiling.

"You will be a great Teachers Aid," she replies.

"Can I see the class list for those hours? Please!" I ask with a smile.

"Yes you can. Step into my office. Jenny you can come too. Are you good with your classes Jenny?"

"Yes ma'am. Thank you for following my request."

"What was you request?" I ask confused.

"For us to have as many classes together as possible," she states grinning at me. I just shook my head and smile.

"Nikki is in first hour. So is Sara, awe and Tasha. Claire is in sixth hour, along with Sara and Tasha. Yes! Thank you Mrs. Say," I tell her as we walk out of her office. She knows that they have bullied me for a long time. I turned to tell Jenny something and walk right into someone.

"Hi Leigha!" Luke said smiling.

"Good morning Luke, err Mr.Smith," I say with an awkward laugh.

"So what's your schedule?" He questions overly eager.

"I have Mrs. Sims, Janey, You for two hours, Ed and then you again, but I'm a T.A in that class," I say rolling my eyes.

"Well I'm excited then. Jenny, are you in any of my classes?" He asks winking at me. He's so weird.

"Yes sir. Two hours with Lee," she says smirking.

"Well I have to go get ready for my classes. Have a great day you two."

"You too Luke err. Mr.Smith."

I walk into my first class early. "Hola Senora."

"Ah Leigha. How was Spain?"She asks in english which surprised me.

"It was really fun. I graduated top of the summer classes," I reply.

"Perfecto. I always knew you'd be amazing at spanish. Is Tasha your sister?"

"Yes ma'am and Sara Smith is like my sister too," I reply as Nikki walked into the room.

"Awe. Leigha, I would of expected you to be in like a.p spanish or something," Nikki says with a smirk.

"Sorry to ruin your fun, but I'm a t.a for this class. We don't have a.p spanish," I turn around with a smile. As the class began I sit at Mrs.Sims desk. She introduces me and asks me in spanish how my trip was and I reply perfectly. She tells me to talk about myself. I stand up in front of the class. "Ok so I'm Leigha. I'm 17 almost 18. I'm a senior. I love spanish as nerdy as it seems. I spent all of the summer is Madrid studying abroad. There I graduated at the top of the summer class. I have an older brother, but sometimes it feels like I have 3 because of my brother's best friends. I also have a little sister. My little Tashy, I mean Tasha is in this class. Sara Smith here is like another little sister because she's been my neighbor for years. So that's about it any questions," I explain.

"Are your brother's friends hot?" Nikki asks. She bothers me.

"Yeah they are." I explain about studying abroad and show pictures from my trip. The last picture I show is a family picture from graduation. "Whoops this wasn't suppose to be in here, but this is my family and Sara's."

"Ew Lee that picture is so bad!" Tasha says from her seat.

"Is that Mr.Richards?" Nikki questions

"Yup he's married to Sara's sister. This is Sara's brother he's a teacher here now," I explain.

"Really Lee. Did you have to mention that? Ugh I already hate being related to the principal and two teachers here!" She says rolling her eyes.

"Who else is she related too?" A boy who is in my grade questions.

"Her older sister and Mr. Richard's wife is an english teacher."

The next hour I sat down in Janey's class. I noticed she had the same family picture on her desk. "Mrs. Richards I love that picture," I say as the rest of the class walked in.

"Me too Leigha," she replies. She tells us about what we will learn and collects our summer work. Thankfully I was excused from summer work because of studying abroad. Class flew by and I found myself in Luke's class.

"How's your morning been baby doll?" He asks.

"Mr.Smith I don't think you should call me that in school," I reply harshly.

"Fine Ms.Clark. How was your morning?" He questions annoyed.

"Boring as ever. It's the first day nothing fun happens," I tell him.

"I can't promise you my class will be much better," he replies.

"Good morning class. My name is Lucas Smith. I will be your calculus teacher for the year. Please bear with me this is my first year teaching. I will be here after school for a half hour everyday if you feel the need to get help. I expect every assignment to be slid under my door before first hour everyday. That will mean that you actually try and aren't trying to get it done before class or in class. Now we will go around and you will tell me your name, one thing you did this summer and one thing you enjoy. Also you can ask me one question. "

To say the least, I don't learn much about him. Jenny goes before me. "My name is Jennifer Anne Till. I spent the summer without my best friend and I enjoy causing trouble. My question for you is what did you do this summer?" I mentally laugh. This will be good.

"I spent the summer without one of my best friends too. I spent most of the summer in a bar trying to forget this girl I love. Which I don't recommend," he says locking eyes with me. I look away first.

"My name is Leigha Nicole Clark. I spent the summer away from my family and friends studying abroad in Madrid. I enjoy spending time on my balcony reading or listening to music. I don't have a question for you," I say with a smirk.

"Are you sure Ms. Clark?" He questions locking eyes with me again.

"Fine. What's the most romantic thing you have ever done?" I ask.

"Ok. That's a good question. I was 12. The girl I like was arguing with her mom. Her mom said something and the girl ran away mad. The floor was wet and she slipped. I was caught her and told her she owed me a date. She ran away and told me she hated me. She still hasn't gone on a date with me and it's been 10 years at least," he says smiling. There was a chorus of awes. I got red and looked down. 

"Why haven't you gone on a date with her yet?" A nerdy boy named Joey asks..

"I haven't found the right time. I made a promise to her brother also that I have to respect because he is my best friend. He punched me when I said I liked his little sister. It was worth it," he says smiling at the memory. Jenny kicks me under the table.

"Is she pretty?"Joey asks.

"The most beautiful girl ever, but she wouldn't believe me if I told her," he replies. I feel Jenny staring at me as I blush.

"Do you still talk?" A girl named Liz asks.

"Yeah. Today she starts school, so I snuck into her bedroom last night and left a note on her pillow telling her to have a great day," he tell the class. There is a chorus of awes again. Jenny sends me a look and I pass her the note from last night. I kept it in my pocket to help me through this day.

"Ms. Clark, don't pass notes in my class or I'll read them," he says locking eyes with me.

"Read it if you want Mr. Smith," I say as he grinned grabbing it. His face turned red.

"Leigha, I promised you and your brother, hell even my mom that I wouldn't embarrass you," he whispers.

"Go ahead Mr.Smith," I whisper back.

"What is your favorite memory from this summer?" A girl name Keely asks.

"Hmm. The girl I love went on a huge trip and the night before she left, I got the guts to kiss her finally. It was amazing," he says. His voice takes me back to that night. I smile as the bell rang.

Luke's POV:

I watch as my third hour students filed in. I can't take my eyes off of Lee. She looks upset, which broke my heart. "Alright guys take a seat. I am Lucas Smith. You better call me Mr.Smith. Unless you would like to go visit my brother in-law Mr. Richards. I'm trying to make each introduction a bit different because many of you I have more than once. So let's see. I'm single, but a girl has my heart. I'm 22. I have 4 sisters. Only two are blood, the other two are my best friend's little sisters. But one isn't really like a sister because she has a huge crush on me. I have 2 brothers, but actually they are my best friends. My mom has been a single mother forever now. My sister and our principal gave me the gift of a beautiful little niece.I want each of you to say one thing you did this summer, one thing you enjoy and your name. Also, you can ask me a question. If you were in my other class please try and use different things," I say smiling.

A girl spoke up, "My name is Nikki Simpson. I spent the summer happily since some nerds left town. I enjoy partying. Whose the girl that has your heart?" She asks. Lee rolled her eyes.

"I can't say because she doesn't quite know my feelings yet, but she's beautiful inside and out," I say locking eyes with Leigha. Her face flushes and she looks down at her chipped nail polish.

The girl next to Nikki spoke, "My name is Claire Spencer. I spent the summer tanning, partying and having a great time. I enjoy hanging out with my best friend Nikki. Would you ever date a student?"

"No it's not worth my job," I tell my class. I watch as Jenny kicked Leigha under the desk again. A couple more kids went and ask lame questions.

Jenny spoke, "My name is Jennifer Anne Till. I spent the summer mainly with my boyfriend because my best friend was in Spain. I enjoy hanging out pool side at my best friend's house. My question is if you could be anywhere where you be?"

I watch as Nikki and her friend roll their eyes."Hmm.. Well anywhere, but school. This day has been too long already," I say smiling. I pulled my phone out and sent Leigha a quick text.

Me: The true answer would be anywhere with you baby doolll:*

I watched her pull out her phone and blush.

Leigha:Stahp making me blush. you asshole :*

I almost giggle and then I remembered I'm in class. Finally, Leigha went.

"I'm Leigha Nicole Clark. I spent the last three days of summer sleeping and hiding from my older brother and his dumb friends. I enjoy being around my family more than anything. My question for you would be who is your favorite singer?" She asks rolling her eyes. She knows the answer already.

"Alright laugh if you want, but I have a poster of T.Swizzle and Ed Sheeran in my room. I freaking love them. No lie. I swear to god," I said laughing. My phone buzzed and Our Song by Taylor Swift started playing. I swear  I'll kill her. Well maybe not, but revenge needs to happen. The whole class burst out laughing.

"Leigha, can you stay after I want to talk to you."

"Yes sir," she says still laughing. Once the rest of the class had left, I closed the door.

"I hate you Leigha Nicole Clark!"

"I hate you too Lucas Ethan Smith!" She replies.

"I want to kiss you so bad. Fuck I said that out loud," I whisper.

"Ah Romeo. I'd love to, but Ed would kill you and I have to get to lunch. Text me?" She says with a smart ass smile.

"I'll walk you to lunch. I have lunch duty." She grabs her backpack.

"Hey Mr. Smith. Ew Fat ass." She says looking at Lee.

"Nikki, I'd prefer you didn't talk to her like that at all or at least not in front of me," I say as I notice Leigha walking away.

"Ms.Clark wait up!" I yell as I run after her.

"What Mr.Smith?" She says sounding mad.

"Are you okay?" I ask I grab her forearm.

"Yeah. It's been the same way since 6th grade. I'm fine." She pulls her arm away from my grasp. It was then that I noticed a scar on her forearm.

"Leigha, you're beautiful and I've always thought so. Come to lunch."

"I will in a minute," She says walking away.

Leigha didn't show up for lunch. It is finally 6th hour. She walks in and I know something is wrong. "Ms.Clark are you ok?"

"Yes sir," she replies.

I give my speech to my class. I let Leigha give a speech. She sits at my desk, "I'm Leigha Clark. I'm 17 and a senior. I have a big brother and a baby sister. My baby sister is in this class. Sorry not sorry Tasha. My other baby sister is in this class, Sara Smith. She also is Mr.Smith's sister. I spent the summer studying abroad. Yup any questions?"

"Wait, so you know Mr.Smith outside school?" Claire asks.

"Only when he comes to see my brother or get his little sister," she lies smoothly.

"I saved her life once. Isn't that right Leigha?" 

"Not really sir. I would of fallen on my ass on the wood floor. It's not that major," Leigha says quietly.

"Ms.Clark watch your mouth. And whatever young lady," I reply. Lee looked to Tashy and they burst out laughing. "Anything you care to explain?"

"No sir. It was a 'had to be there' moment," Tashy says still laughing. 

"I don't like being left out of the loop."

"Lukey, I don't even know. So shh," Sara tells me.

"Sara don't make me say your nickname!" I threaten giggling. The whole class is silent.

"Do it! I'll tell Janey or Ed or hell even mom that you were harassing me!" Sara yells back.

"Sara-boo calm down," Leigha says smiling.

"Lele watch yourself," I say laughing. "Sorry class. We won't be like this again I promise." Or I sure hope not. Leigha goes to the back where her bag is. Some girls are chatting with me.

"Fat ass," Claire whispers as Leigha walks by.

"Claire, go to Mr. Richards' office. I won't tolerate bullying in my classroom," I say annoyed. My phone buzzed.

Leigha: Thanks you probably just made it worse..

My heart broke reading that.

Me: Leigha, you can't go through that.

Leigha:Watch me. Just pretend you don't see like the rest of the teachers in this damn school.

My heart shatters.

Me:You're beautiful hun. You're smart and you're an amazing girl. Don't you forget it :)

Leigha:Thanks but im not beautiful im fat and ugly. Im only smart because I love learning and im far from amazing.

 I want to kiss her, but I'd probably lose my job, disappoint my brother in-law and lose my best friend.

Me: Stop it Leigha. Just stop. 

The bell rings and she make a point to be the first person out.

~Edited by Han~ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 149 21
~ Featured @StoriesUndiscovered ~ What happens when the school's popular yet bad boy gets paired up with the school's outcast. The girl who's father...
101 80 40
Three girls, two years of high school, one long story of friendship... Cassidy, Lina and Valerie are about to learn all about growing up together...
18.7K 691 36
Meet Emily Hayes. Pretty, kind of popular - and totally smitten by Jake. Meet Jake Williams. Badass, captain of the football team- and he barely ackn...
Stuck By platyypus

Short Story

24 0 8
High school is not easy. What with strict teachers, overbearing parents, and judgemental teenagers, it's a wonder Jade's made it this far. It's her s...