Loving My Best Friend

By a_bose04

Two best friends... Aiden and Enid. Aiden was the star football player and co-captain of the team and Enid wa... More

Chapter: 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter: 1

14.3K 285 86
By a_bose04

Enid's POV:

"Aiden, Aiden, Aiden,..." The whole stadium was shouting and clapping. Everybody was cheering for their beloved Aiden. He was playing against Worrier High on their home ground, Blue Hills High.

Suddenly, the stadium got silent as Aiden passed the football to Rick and Rick ran as fast as he could. The other team's players were behind him. At the eleventh moment, he passed the ball to Aiden and he scored. Just one swift moment and the ball went into the net.

GOAL!!!

The stadium burst out. Everybody started to run towards the field. I shook out of my stupor when someone's leg made contact with my side. It was like a sea of people. I squeezed through them and there in front of me was Aiden. He smiled and hugged me.

"Congratulations, bro," I finally said after his tight hug.

"Thanks, dude." He patted my back and we left the crowd which was still cheering for our captain, Rick.

No matter what he did, he was the God of the task or so people thought.

"Okay, go hit the engine. I'll meet you at the parking lot in a minute with my stuff."

I just nodded. Not a big talkative person. Only when I'm with my friends and family, that's the only comfort zone for me.

Anyway, I went to my Jeep and waited for my friends. I liked my Jeep. It was big and spacious enough which could fill my friends perfectly.

I waited patiently in my car. After 30-35 minutes Aiden came into my view with Rick. I never knew why, but I didn't like him. His deep blue eyes and dirty blond hair were so much like Aiden's. I always got nervous around him. I noticed my beloved idiotic friends were coming behind him.

My friends were Sam short for Samantha. Her boyfriend William known as 'Beast' was also a football player. Another couple Jake and Izzy as in Izabella. Jake was not a football player. But still, we all fell into the category of popular.

Izzy was in the drama team. Every year our school's team won the best drama team in the state. It was getting kinda boring.

The two couple knew their seating position in my jeep too well, so they popped into my jeep. Some 'Hi' and 'Hello's were completed when Aiden hopped in the passenger's seat.

Suddenly Rick came to my side of the car and said, "I'll see you on Sunday, Aiden. Bye."

I was shocked at the sudden voice, I snapped my head to my right side and saw Rick staring at me. His deep blue ice-like eyes made my palms sweaty. My body froze.

Rick smirked and started to walk backwards still looking at me. He stopped at his car and smiled at me before opening his Porche's door which was right across mine.

"Let's go. I'm tired." Aiden said in a sleepy voice.

"Yeah," I started the engine and drove off the parking lot.

"Guys, no party tonight. Let's make it tomorrow. Tomorrow is Saturday and we'll spend all day together," Izzy said.

It was Blue Hill's first game of the season to qualify to play in the main game. They had to play five more games to win the championship this year. So they wanted a party, but Aiden was tired and it was an hour's drive to reach our houses. So Izzy canceled the plan for today.

An hour later I dropped everyone at their respective houses and drove toward Aiden's.

"Hey, Enid, thanks for driving me home," Aiden said sleepily.

"Are you drunk?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Aiden faced me with a 'What the hell' look on his face.

I knew Aiden didn't drink much. But seriously? After fifteen years?

"Why the formality? You know that we're friends for fifteen years, right?" I asked him. "This'll be matured after three years. Our friendship'll be matured and you never can." I stated like a wise man.

"Haha, it's so funny that my sense of humor got jealous," Aiden said leaning away from me. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Yeah, way to go, Enid. Too much maturity. I'm learning from you, bro." Aiden laughed and said.

After that, I didn't say anything knowing that Aiden was tired. Anyone would think I took too much care of Aiden, but our friendship is just like that.

We were friends the first time my father moved from his hometown to here. We were only two years old.

We cared too much for each other that I didn't want Aiden to try out for the football team that he might get injured. But after months of arguing Aiden won.

Aiden always won. I never became sad or got jealous, because of his smile. Whenever he smiled, I melted. My heart filled with happiness when I saw him smiling.

It had been ever since we met in the elementary school. Maybe we didn't know what friendship meant back then, but now we knew.

We could live for each other. We could die for each other. We'd never be separated and everybody knew that.

They, specially Dri, Aiden's ex, tried to separate us and failed miserably. That was another story.

But we never let another person ruin our friendship. Not even Miss K. She was the Maths teacher in middle school. She was the most beautiful and smart woman I had ever seen. She was the reason we got interested in Maths so much.

We never knew why Dri tried to break us apart, but I could care less. At the end of the day, it never mattered. We were always together and we always would be.

In the middle of these things, he just broke up with Dri and never got together with any of the girls. I hoped he'd be able to trust someone again that much soon.

I drove to the driveway of Aiden's house. His parents were rich, and so were the students in our school. Aiden was asleep by then. I opened my door and went to his side.

Some evil plans were playing on my mind, though his sleeping peaceful face stopped me from doing anything. I opened the door very slowly and held his head with my hand from falling suddenly and unbuckled him. I picked him up in bridal style. Though he was a football player, he was not very heavy.

Mrs. O'hara was at the door. She always knew when we came home. I carried him up the few front stairs. She smiled at me.

"Hey, there you are," Mrs. O'hara said smiling at me.

She was the housekeeper of the house from Aiden's nappy days.

In response, I only replied with a smile.

"Oh! Dear lord. Come in. Come in." She offered holding the door open and I got into the house.

It had a warm welcome than my house. I had always felt it. Maybe be because it's not very big as my house or not half as empty as mine but fancier.

Mrs. O'hara opened his room door and giving me a small smile, she left the room. Placing him on the bed, I adjusted him on his pillow. Placed every pillow on the bed as he liked, and dropped two pillows on the floor.

Looking at him reminded me of the very small child I met when we were little and we moved here first. Man, it's been fifteen fucking years. His innocence was the first thing that drew me to him.

I removed the hair that was covering his eyes.

"Good night," I said turning off his bedside lamp. A very faint glow filled the room from the night bulb.

I was down the stairs in no time, bid good night to Mrs. O'hara who was going to bed. I went out and to my car.

"Good night, dear. Come to Sunday's brunch. Your parents got invited, too, a week ago. Hopefully, they did tell you." She demanded in a sweet voice.

"They told me." I gave her a sweet smile and opened the door. "I'll definitely be here." She smiled and waved at me. I drove to my house which was two houses away.

My house was two-storied. I opened the door of my garage parking my car. Since my parents are out late and very busy, me and my twin brother had our keys to the house.

"Well, well, dropped your boyfriend?" My brother asked as soon as I entered.

We had the same blond hair and grey eyes as our dad. Same height. Same build. Just grades are very different. He was a little slow than me.

"Bro, I told you he's not my boyfriend."

"Tell me, Enid, what'll it take to confess that you love him?"

"God! My brother's dumber than I thought."

"I'm not dumb." Ethan snorted.

"Right, E. Good night. I'm tired. You're coming to tomorrow's brunch?"

"Tomorrow?" Ethan frowned.

"Yeah. It's past twelve. That's why." I laughed.

Ethan smiled. Maybe because thinking that I was stupid. Anyway, I liked this kind of brotherly conversation with him where we didn't want to kill each other.

"Yeah, have to. Dad's furious about my Economics test. The coach told Dad I was slow in the last race. So, he was on my ass this whole week. Hopefully, you saw." I nodded. "Yeap, so can't screw this up." He sighed. "Good night." He waved at me and went to the kitchen for his midnight snack.

I went upstairs, opened my door, kicked my boots and clothes were off my body in no time. I plopped onto the bed with blankets on top of me. Everything was cut off from me as soon as I closed my eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.3K 1.7K 36
It's senior year. Darren and Eric are happier than they've ever been. No more drama or secrets threatening to tear them apart and getting ready to g...
24.8K 1.5K 5
A young wizard has been sentenced to prison for a crime he has somewhat, yet unintentionally, commited. He thinks he deserves it.
63.8K 818 21
This is an X Reader book obviously. Requests are closed and will not be opened again. The order is the following: 1. Izuru Kamukura x Reader 2. Maste...
415K 13.7K 37
Zeek and Austen have been best friends since they were kids. They were inseparable. They told each other everything...except the fact that they were...