The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me

By Slim_Shady

Reece smirked, "Trust me Chloe, the good girl always falls for the bad boy." Chloe Armel is a good girl. She... More

The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 2 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 3 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 4 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 5 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 6 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 7 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 8 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 9 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 10 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 12 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 13 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 14 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 15 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 16 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 17 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 18 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 19 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 20 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 21 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 22 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 23 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 24 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 25 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 26 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 27 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 28 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 29 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 30 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 31 ]
The Bad Boy Cupid & Me [ 32 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 33 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ Epilogue ]
Allie & Dennis' Date ♡

The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 11 ]

2.1M 65.6K 29.9K
By Slim_Shady

“Hello?” I cheerfully answered my phone.

“Sup, it’s Charlie.”

“CHARLES! Whatcha doing?”

Charlie sighed. “Chloe. You seriously need to stop calling me that.”

I did an exaggerated evil laugh. “NEVER!”

“Fine, do you wanna watch a movie tonight?”

My homework was done and my room was spotless, I glanced at the clock hanging off my wall…perfect, I could definitely make it.

Oh wait. What about Allie? I promised her I’d make them get together…

And I intended to make it happen.

I think…

“Yeah sure! Just the two of us?” Please say no, please say no…

“Like always, why? Is there a problem?”

“No, but do you mind if Allie comes too?” Quick think of a reason why...  “She’s asked me heaps of times to do something with her but I’ve been way too busy…”

Charlie hesitated, “Err, yeah sure, did you want to call her?”

“No, actually my mum just called me – I think she needs help in the kitchen – do you mind calling her?”

Why did I immediately say the kitchen? I’ve always been against sexist jokes about women in the kitchen…why did I say the kitchen?!

 “Yeah okay, sure, the movie starts at six-thirty, do you want me to pick you up at six for dinner?”

Imagine; Allie getting a call from Charlie and being invited by him to dinner and the movies. She’d probably hyperventilate or something.

“Yes, thanks Charles, see you soon.”

“Don’t call me Char—“

I hung up before he could finish what he was obviously about to complain about and instead, began replying to my e-mails and texts.

Dear Cupid’s Assistant,

I’m a hopeless romantic, but I’m very cynical about love.

It’s a risk to love; what if it doesn’t work out?

The sender didn’t care to mention their name – some didn’t like to. They intended to keep their privacy and I was more than understanding about that matter.

Dear Anon,

I don’t blame you for being cynical about love – we don’t see it much in real life as we do in movies.

In regards to your statement & question:

It’s a risk to love; what if it doesn’t work out?

Ahh, but what if it does?

Xoxo

CA

I scrolled down and answered eighteen of ninety-six messages. I decided to do the rest after I came back from the movies.

I got up, logged off and turned on the speakers as I put my ipod in.
I chose any random song that matched my feeling and began dancing while I got ready.

I turned the volume up higher as I walked into my wardrobe to select what to wear. Finally, I decided to go with black ripped-jeans and a white top with the Eiffel tower printed on it – yes, French Pride. I never go out without heels so I grabbed my stilettos and my black leather jacket. My hair was managing with me so I left it alone but I applied a little mascara and a natural shade of lipstick.

Suddenly, the chorus of the song came on and I got a little excited.

I grabbed my hairbrush and used it as a microphone and sang my heart out whilst dancing to the beat, then, when the solo came on, I threw my ‘microphone’ on my bed and used my air guitar until the music ended.

Because I’m cool like that.

“And here I was thinking the only song you’d be aggressively fist-pumping to is the seven news theme music.”

Oh God.

No.

It couldn’t be.

Slowly, slowly, I turned around towards my bedroom window.

“NO! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! THAT’S SO EMBARRASSING!” I screamed to myself as I dropped my head into my hands. Reece had been watching me humiliate myself for God knows how long. Life is so unfair. Why me? Why him?!

Reece chuckled, “Hey, it’s okay, unlike some girls, you don’t dance like you’re having a seizure.”

“Gee, thanks.” I acknowledged while getting my necklace out of my jewelry box. It was a little diamond heart attached to a delicate chain and…it was currently pissing me off.

I kept trying to clasp it on but the stupid, irritating lobster-claw-looking-piece-of-metal was not cooperating with me!

“Need some help little nerd?”

“Yes ple-NERD? LITTLE NERD?”

I was beginning to understand what Charlie felt like.

Reece swung from the branch and swiftly jumped into my room with no effort at all. I tried not to be too affected by that fact.

Well, I tried…

“Yeah, every time I look out my window you’re always studying or reading or-”

“I’m not a nerd! See,” I pointed towards the outfit I was wearing, “I’m going out tonight - nerds don’t go out… I have a social life!”

He put his hands up in surrender mode, “Alright, chill,” he took the necklace out of my hands “Here, turn around.”

As I did, I pulled my long hair to the side. I felt Reece move a little nearer as he brought the necklace in front of me and tried to clasp it on. It mustn’t have worked the first time because I heard him swear under his breath and position himself even closer than before. Something about the extremely small distance between us was making me feel nervous… in a good way, a very, very good way.

And it was only when the diamond felt like ice against my bare skin I realized I was warm from blushing. Wait, blushing? I never blush!

Unless on occasions where I feel like I’m dying from embarrassment. Which seemed to be a lot lately…

“There, all done.”

I hadn’t even noticed he’d done it so fast, hastily, I turned around to thank him but…I kind of bumped into him…and fell on my table... and knocked my lamp onto the floor.

Don’t ask how I managed to do that – it just happened, okay?

No big deal.

“Come on now, Chloe, be smarter than the table.” Reece chuckled.

Oh God, I’m such a loser.

“You should leave before you witness anything else I do which is humiliating.” I remarked as I gently pushed him towards the window.

He got out with no trouble and began swinging on the branch.

“So, does your date know about your flaws?” Reece smirked cheekily. A bit of his dark hair fell across his eyes – making him look both adorable and sexy as his green eyes flashed with amusement.

“My flaws? What flaws? I don’t have flaws!” I scowled at him. I gave him my best death glare but he looked nowhere near terrified – only tremendously entertained.

“But you have a date?”

I opened my mouth to laugh and say no, but then Charlie’s car swerved into my driveway and caught my attention – making me think twice about my response.

“Maybe.” I replied with a wink the moment Charlie beeped twice – signaling me to come down. I grabbed my purse and waved a goodbye to Reece before heading downstairs and out the entrance.

I opened the door to Charlie’s car, but before I got in, I took another glance at Reece’s window and managed to see him looking directly at me with a mixture of confusion and anger before he closed the curtains; shutting me out.

I got in Charlie’s car with a playful smirk playing on my lips.

Rule Number 13 : Test him to see if he gets jealous.

~*~

It's my birthday today! Yaay I'm officially sixteen! :D
I know my uploading squedule has been nothing more than shocking, sorry babes!
This chapter is dedicated to londonbabyxoxo for making the new amazing cover for this story -  thank you so much! xxx

Anyway, I went to Enrique Iglesias’ concert last Wednesday, it was AMAZINGGG!

Oh and I also went to the zoo and saw two male lions humping each other :|
AHAH Just thought I'd clear a few things - there will be some action coming up very, very soon. 

Two words: Ashton DeVille ;) 

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 78.5K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
218K 7.8K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...
1.4M 52.3K 112
I anticipated every breath, and every word. Each day, you could only take an uneducated guess at what he would say. What he would do. My heart tremor...
524K 8.1K 52
Cove Bentley. River Smith. Two complete opposites. While Cove has lots of friends, a great personality and an innocent aurora; River is cold, reserve...