I Hate You . . . I Think

By 95shells

First book of The Beaumont Boys Trilogy. Low Riley is your typical girl next door. She has amazing parents an... More

Turquoise and Orange
Coffee and Lizzard
Witches and Dr. Pepper
Engines and Lyrics
Parties and Complications
Sobs and Blame
Love and Hate
Crushed Bananas and Chili
Distraction and Seduction
Six Packs and S'mores
Hugs and Jealousy
Homecoming and a Wrench
Kisses and Trees
Confessions and Romeo
Politeness and Cup Cakes
Princesses and Bacon Cheeseburgers
City Lights and Interruptions
Flashing Lights and Lions
Murder and PDA
Pictures and a Bed
Shells and Threats
Sweetheart and Hickeys
Punches and Laundry
Tears and Cookie Dough
Chinese Food and Die Hard
Testosterone and Girl Talk
Mexican Cornbread and Stupid Jocks
Apologies and Ice Cream
Whipped and Proud
Special Moments and a Tent
The Interrogator and The Deadbeat
Peas and Betsy's Return
Stitches and the Jaws of Life
Horror and Paralyzed
Hours and Days
Scratchy Pillows and Favors
Notes and a Blushing Beauty
Sparkles and Red Lace
Graduation and Falling Hats
Honey Facials and a Small Apartment
ATTENTION

Makeups and Breakups

6.5K 191 17
By 95shells

Hey guys! Thank you so much for getting me to over six hundred reads!! I was so happy so thank you! Here’s the next chapter. The song for it is I am Yours by Churchill. 

So here’s the thing. I’m looking for a complete makeover for my book, so if anyone wants to make me a cover or a trailer I will dedicate a chapter of my book to you. Feel free to use whoever you want for the cast. I want to see who everyone sees as the characters. If I like your list, I may even change my own. Just post a link on my profile if you do decide to make one. Thanks so much everybody! Enjoy!  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Chapter 29: Makeups and Breakups

Seth

The swaying motion of my truck as it comes to a stop wakes me up. My body feels as though it weighs about a thousand pounds from exhaustion. My eyes open and focus on the blonde and turquoise hair in my face. What the heck?

I move my face back and my my pulse speeds up when I see Low’s sleeping face right next to mine. Her lips are slightly parted and her eyebrows are scrunched together slightly. I know I shouldn’t, but I can’t help it when my hand reaches up and brushes a little piece of hair out of her face.

“Hey cupid boy,” I turn my attention up to the front seat. Both of the idiots are grinning and Tuckett is taking pictures of us with his phone. Man they’re creepers. “Stop staring and get out of the car,” Vi says.

Both Vi and Tuckett hop out of the truck, grab all of the bags, and run up the porch stairs without another word.

“Low,” I whisper. When she doesn’t stir, I gently shake her arm. She mumbles something, but still does not wake up. Carefully, I ease my body away from hers and open the car door. When I’m out, I turn around and slide my arms behind her knees and around her back. I lift her out of the car bridal style and start to walk up the sidewalk and into the house. In her sleep, Low wraps both of her arms around me and nuzzles the top of her head into the crook of my neck. My heart is practically beating out of my chest right now. This is the first time I have been this close to her in a week and I finally feel relaxed.

I push the door open with my foot and go through the opening. I walk up the stairs to the girls room and pull the covers back before placing Low on her bed. Carefully so I don’t wake her up, I pull the chucks and socks off of her feet and place them on the floor. Once I pull the blankets over her, I head out the door and down stairs.

Vi and Tuckett are in the kitchen, fighting over what to have for dinner when I walk in.

“I want to go to Chuck’s for dinner, they have awesome food,” Tuckett says.

“Okay, but we’re by the beach idiot, so shouldn’t we go out for sea food instead of burgers which we have at home?” 

The arguing goes back and forth for about twenty minutes. Both of them are continuously telling the other to shove it in places I would rather not say because it is awkward enough that one of them is my cousin.

“Guys!” All three of us turn to the doorway to see Low glaring at us with her hair sticking up and a blanket around her shoulders. “Will you shut the hell up and just order pizza?!”

Vi and Tuckett both look at each other and then move around the kitchen to try and find the phone book. Man, I should have tried that a while ago. 

Low comes over to the kitchen table and collapses on the seat next to me. She crosses her arms and lays her head down, turning her head to face me. Her makeup is smeared under her eyes and I’m pretty sure her hair is not meant to be sticking up the way it is, but she still looks beautiful. 

“I’m assuming that my mom knows that you kidnapped me. If she doesn’t, I’m blaming you for when she wants to ground me,” she mumbles.

“Yeah, she knows.”

“I can’t believe she would let you take me away with you for the whole weekend. Well . . . Lizard has always been her favorite, so I can kind of understand.”

“Plus she loves me,” I say with a smirk.

Low nods her head, causing me to chuckle.

“You’re just lucky my dad is not home.”

I cringe at the thought of asking her father if I could spend the whole weekend overnight with his daughter and she giggles in response. I don’t see anything funny about that thought. I think the guy would wring my neck. Her eyes flutter close and her body slumps against the table. I don’t know why, but I raise my hand up and start rubbing her shoulders and the back of her neck. Her body tenses up and I immediately stop, but I can’t make myself take my hand off her skin. After a couple seconds, her body relaxes and once again I massage her back. We stay like that, in silence, but it’s not awkward. It’s peaceful. A little part of me is smiling because the silence gives me hope that we can be normal again. 

Thirty minutes later, the doorbell rings. Tuckett comes back a minute later with three large pizzas in his arms. The smell of it makes my mouth water. I was so busy calling parents and getting everyone’s stuff during lunch that I forgot to eat. Now I feel like eating a fucking horse, or maybe two.

I get up from the table and load my plate with four pieces of pepperoni while I get two pieces of cheese for Low. Once i grab to cans of coke I place the plate in front of her and sit down beside her. 

“Thanks,” Low says. She rubs her eyes and picks up a slice.

“Are you feeling okay?” I ask her. She looks as if she is about to drop at any second.

“Yeah, I just haven’t slept that well this week,” she says and takes a bite.

“Me too,” I whisper. I didn’t mean for her to hear me, but from the way that she freezes while chewing her pizza, I can tell that she did. I turn my gaze away from her and focus on my plate in front of me. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Low staring sadly at me.

Damn it, I shouldn’t have said that. We were getting along fine and now I probably pushed her too far. 

Low then scoots her chair over, but not away from me like I was expecting. She moves so that her left arm is pressed up against my right one. Electricity shoots across my skin and I can’t help but stare at the girl’s face. 

“What?” she asks and takes another bite.

“Nothing,” I say. I shake my head and feel a small smile form on my face. Before I say something else completely stupid, I shove a piece of pizza into my mouth.

Once dinner is over, all of us go outside. Vi shoves Tuckett for some reason and he starts chasing her down the beach, yelling about how she needs to grow up. Yeah, he’s yelling at her for pushing her, yet he is the one chasing after her.

God those two are idiots. 

Low tosses down a blanket onto the sand and lies down on her back. I stand to the side awkwardly, not sure whether I should sit down with her or save being embarrassed and just go back inside.

“Are you going to sit, or just stand there and stare at me?”

I hesitate for a second before carefully sitting down next to Low.

“Lie down,” she says.

I slowly ease my way onto my back.

“You know, if you want to try and work things out, you need to stop walking on eggshells around me,” she whispers.

“I- I just am not sure what to say other than I’m sorry.”

Low turns her head and I turn mine to look at her. Something touches my hand. I look down and see her fingertips touching the my clenched fist. Her fingers sneak in between my finger and palm, pulling them apart. She lightly grasps my hand in hers and squeezes it lightly.

“Did you mean what you said?”

I look back up at her eyes.

“Did I mean what I said about what?”

“That you loved me.”

She bites on her lip nervously as her eyes search back and forth on my face. I reach up with my free hand and pull her lip away from her teeth with my thumb. Her breath rushes out in a gasp. That gasp alone assures me of everything that I have been questioning. She is still attracted to me after all the shit I did to her . . . and I have never been more grateful in my life.

“Yeah, I meant it.”

A slight smile crosses her face. She leans forward and barely presses her lips against mine. I’m so shocked that I have no idea what to do. I stay frozen next to her until she pulls away.

“So, does this mean you forgive me?” I ask her.

“Yeah,” she says. “But don’t do something so stupid again okay?”

I nod me head. She smiles and moves closer to me. One arm wraps around my waist and she rests her head on my chest. I hold her with both arms and for the first time in a week I am able to relax.

“I missed you,” she whispers.

“I missed you too.”

She didn’t say that she loved me, but I’m okay with that right now. She’s mine again and that is the best thing that I could ask for. I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that this girl will eventually fall for me as much as I have for her.

We spend the rest of the night like that until the light from the sun is gone and the wind chill from the water starts making Low shiver. I wrap the blanket around her as we walk back up to the house. Once we are inside Low walks into the kitchen.

“I’m freezing! Do you want some hot chocolate to warm up?” she calls out to me from over her shoulder.

“Sure.” 

I follow her into the kitchen where she starts to heat up some milk on the stove. I come up behind her at the stove and wrap my arms around her waist. She lets out a relaxed sigh and allows her head to fall back onto my shoulder. I trace my nose against her cheek and settle it in the curve of her neck. I move my head up and kiss it lightly. She sucks in a breath of air.

“That tickles.”

I do it again and this time her breathing becomes even heavier.

“That’s not nice.”

“I thought that we established a long time ago that I’m not very nice,” I whisper and kiss her again. This time she lets out a small moan. I flip her around to face me and move to the side so that her body avoids the hot stove and hits the counter tile instead. I press my lips against hers and she meets them eagerly. Her arms lift and go around my neck, surrounding me in a cocoon made up of the blanket that we were using of the beach earlier. My arms lace around her waist and pull her close to me so that her front is touching mine. I can feel myself get a little excited downstairs and worry that it might freak her out, but I don’t think she really cares. Her lips move with the same enthusiasm as mine.

The door of the porch slamming open causes Low to screech and bump her spine against the counter edge.

“Ow!” she moans and rubs her back.

“You okay?” I ask.

She nods. I move my hand to the spot where hers is and lightly rub it.

She grimaces, but it quickly turns into laughter.

I turn around and see both my cousin and best friend stomping across the tile to the stairs, sopping wet. I laugh at both of the idiots, causing them to shoot me the middle finger at the same time. 

“God, those two are practically made for each other,” Low says and shakes her head. She stops quickly and turns to look at me with a worried look on her face.

“Don’t worry about it. I already know that Tuckett likes Vi,” I say.

“How did you- wait, Tuckett likes Vi?!” she exclaims.

“What?! I thought you knew!” 

“No, I knew that they kissed but-”

“THEY KISSED!” I yell.

I turn around to go upstairs and beat my best friend’s ass but before I can take a step, I am tackled to the ground by a certain blonde and blue haired chick. She sits on my chest with one leg on either side of me, trying to keep me on the floor. 

Okay, if I wasn’t hard before, I’m definitely hard now.

“Will you calm down! Yes they kissed, but only one time. It was at the party last weekend and nothing has happened since . . . well except they are avoiding and torturing each other, but that’s not the point!” She says and moves her hands frantically in the air. “Let them work it out. Okay?”

I growl, but say nothing else. 

“Good,” she says in a peppy tone. Low leans over so her chest is pressed against mine. “Now, how about some hot chocolate?” she whispers. 

“I’m not that cold anymore,” I say.

She giggles and starts kissing my lips. 

Yep definitely not cold.

Tuckett

As soon as I catch up to Vi on the beach she tries to change directions and run the other way, but I grab her before she is able to get two feet away from me. 

“Let go of me! This is sexual harassment!” she shouts.

“Oh shut up!” I say and roll my eyes.

“Fuck you Tuckett!” she screams.

“Now Vi, that’s not very appropriate, don’t you think? I think we need to wash your mouth out.”

“What are you- Tuckett stop. NO!” she yells as I throw her in the air and she lands in the ocean. She pops up seconds later, sputtering and wiping water off her face.

“What the hell?!”

By this point I am laughing so hard that I have to bend over to make my stomach stop hurting. I guess that I should have expected her to push me in the water, but I was laughing too hard and not paying attention. I go headfirst and my whole body is practically numb from how cold the water is. I look over at Vi who is glaring at me.

“You are evil, do you know that?”

She sticks her tongue out at me and stomps her way back up to the beach house. I go after her and we enter the house together. I notice Low and Seth break apart from their make out session to laugh at us, so I shoot them the bird before heading upstairs.

“This is all your fault you know,” Vi grumbles.

“What?!” I exclaim. “You were the one who pushed me!”

“You kissed me!” she shrieks. 

We both stop and stare at each other.

“You kissed me and screwed everything up,” she whispers. A tear runs down her cheek and drops onto the wood floor.

My heart feels like it’s breaking right now. After all these years I have had feelings for this amazing girl standing in front of me, and now she tells me that she does not want me. How else am I supposed to feel?

“I’m sorry I screwed everything up,” I say.

Before I do something that I know I’ll regret later, I turn away from her and go to my room. I slam the door behind me and stand in the middle of the room, trying to control my breathing. I clench my fists and eyes close, trying not to give into the want to break something. Once I feel like I have enough control, I strip off my clothes until I am in my boxers and throw myself on my bed. 

I know that I came here for Seth so he could win Low back, but right now there is nothing that I want to do more than get in the truck and get the fuck out of here. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 125 66
Seventeen-year-old Rylee Evans just moved back to her hometown of Charlottesville, VA, with her dad and sister after being gone for three years. She'...
619 17 7
Rylie Cameron is a smart girl. She doesn't bother with romance because she doesn't believe it's worth the risks. She was collateral damage when her...
615 60 22
Scarlett St James is a nerd. The good girl. She keeps her distance from everyone at school apart from her two best friends Keira and Odin. But she's...