Kid

By Writer-brooke

'Does anybody know where he is? I can't find him... I can't find him anywhere...' Kid, a mute nameless little... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
Help required!!!
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
Epilogue
Announcement

101

111 13 2
By Writer-brooke

Kid was quickly placed into a room, it was certainly more luxurious than the room at the Travellers she had been left in. The room was bigger, as Kid walked around in it she stepped over some older looking toys. She soon at on the end of the bed that was provided for her. It was way bigger than the bunk beds she remembered, this one was bigger than a Queen's mattress, when she laid down on it her body couldn't even cover a quarter of it. The gold blankets were so airy that Kid sank into them slightly.

She stood up and continued to explore her room. It was generally rounded, and there was a make-up table across from her with a magnificent mirror that was taller and wider than Kid. But even this mirror was confused about her image, as all Kid got when she looked at it was a great blur.

It was almost like a glitch to look at. She was a blur the whole time, but she would change in height and even the blurry colours that you saw changed; white, black, tall, short and so on.

Kid abandoned attempting to see what she looked like and turned to a wall that led to a veranda. Pushing opened the doors she walked forwards until she got to the edge of the veranda. Looking out, she felt like she was seeing the whole world. To the left there was water, and to the right there was forest, and in between appeared a pathway that led to human civilisation.

It was cold up this high in the clouds that passed by.

"You should change if you're cold," someone said.

Kid gasped as she turned to see Ariella leaning beside the door. Kid didn't know whether to be scared or not. Brushing her hair back, Kid backed herself so much she was sitting on what kept people from falling off. Ariella smiled as she approached, "There's no need to be hostile, Kid. I'm not meaning to cause harm, just merely a need to understand," she informed. Her wings draped on the ground behind her as she walked and soon kneeled in front of Kid. "How are you liking it here so far?"

Kid gulped as she looked around again, was it a bad thing if she said she liked it?

It was a very beautiful place.

Ariella smiled at her silence as she looked around. "Kid, like the Travellers, us Angels thrive on knowledge also. We simply love it, to understand the world and use every advantage it has." Kid felt like she had heard this speech before, "One being you."

Kid looked to Ariella and hugged her arms. Ariella said she would take care of Kid when she found her with the Nekos, and while Kid did feel safe, it felt weird being with the Angels, almost like she was betraying the Travellers by being here.

Ariella tilted her head. "We're not going to do anything if you don't want us to, but we would like to learn more about you, and the Travellers are such cheapskates when it comes to this." She was smiling, "We believe you have a higher purpose, and we believe you know this as well, or a part of you does. And all we want to do is help."

Kid nearly gasped as she lifted her head and looked to the Angel. She's bluffing my little panda. She doesn't know what she's talking about. She's not a part of this.

Kid took Live's word for it as she gave a polite smile to the Angel. Remember Dominick's warning about people changing our game.

Ariella seemed to stand up.

But let's see where this goes. I want some fun.

Ariella turned to Kid as she walked through the doorway. "Get changed and come out when you're ready. There are some people who are dying to meet you."

Kid didn't know whether to take her words literal or not as she closed the door.

Kid hopped off the ledge and walked back inside to the room. She looked around for where they'd keep clothes. She looked in the footlockers, under the bed, on some chairs and soon stood before what was meant to be a closet, but it looked so fancy and elegant, Kid didn't actually know it was a closet until she opened it.

Inside there were several dresses and tunics, each one a shade of a creamy white.

While pretty and elegant, Kid wondered if there was anything simpler she could wear.

She pulled out the plainest dress she could find, which was still laced in lace, beads and silly patterns. Kid quickly switched her scratched out clothes for the white dress and looked herself over, while her actual body wasn't exactly available for her to see, the dress was.

And it looked absolutely ridiculous.

Kid started ripping off the excess lace, peeling the beads off one by one and stripped the whole dress bare of fancy attachments until only on layer of dress remained. All that remained was the one with the silly patterns on it. The pattern looked much better on its own then they did with all that odd décor.

Kid kneeled down to some shoes and saw her old ones had magically disappeared and were now replaced with a pair of some white slip on shoes. Kid did indeed slip them on, her hair giving her some grief as it constantly fell in front of her face.

She hoped they found her ribbon and they knew where she was.

Ariella told her to come out when she was ready.

So Kid decided she wasn't... quite ready yet.

When Ariella had left Kid, it had been a half hour. She decided to go check on Kid. When she opened the door, she saw Kid in the middle of the room having a tea party with some dolls she had found.

Kid found them an ugly monstrosity that scared her when she found one staring at her in the footlocker, but she wanted to stall for as long as possible, and what was better than a little girl having a tea party?

Ariella raised an eye brow when she saw this. "Kid, come along. You've changed, now let's go."

Kid looked to her, looked to the imaginary tea falling out of the cup. She mimicked a look of annoyance, and eventually she looked outside, it was still bright.

She slowly got to her feet and walked over to Ariella, constantly looking back to the veranda as if hoping to see Kimberly flying around or even Neon climb onto the veranda and into the room armed with his silly little gun. But they started walking down the hallway, the two seemed to come to a dining hall of some sort. "You must be hungry," she informed as she led the Representative to the table.

This felt like this has happened before, the Travellers offered food as well, didn't they?

Kid looked around at the table, people were already there, but these ones seemed much more sophisticated then the quirky agents of the Travellers. These men and women had wings that dripped off their seats and they sat with straight backs and poised movements to whatever they ate on the table. Kid sat there and watched as they all ate delicate little bites as opposed to the wolfing down she had seen with Nicky.

Ariella sat down next to her and placed some food on Kid's plate for her.

Kid eyed what was being put on her plate, and soon a red drink was being poured into a golden cup she had been given. Looking around the room, it looked like some sort of castle interior. The walls dripped with old tapestries and stain glass windows reflected rainbow colours into the room.

Looking to the ceiling, you could see an odd image made up of different coloured bricks.

Looked like Angels and demons in a fight of sorts.

Kid's attention went back to the bottle that the liquid was being poured from. Was that wine?

Kid didn't like wine.

Ariella passed it to Kid. Kid took hold of it, but placed it gently on the table.

Ariella smirked at Kid's thoughts, "It isn't wine. Its cordial."

Kid still didn't drink it straight away, or eat straight away for that matter either.

After a moment, the Angels started asking Kid questions about her life along with personal questions like favourite colour and foods. Kid didn't know if she was allowed to answer half their questions, and remained silent for most of the conversation. She could sense the Angels were growing annoyed with her silence, and could feel them trying to tap into her head, only to be blocked.

"So who else was on that island with you, Kid?" Ariella asked.

Kid pondered this for a moment, and allowed there to be an answer as she mimicked Mary. "My friend Dominick."

"Oh. And who might that be?"

"He's my friend," Kid replied simply.

Ariella nodded as she twirled what was on her plate. "What kind of powers do you possess, Kid?" she asked.

Kid looked from one Angel to the next. Let's show them.

Is that wise, Live?

It can be fun.

But Dominick-

Dominick isn't here.

What about the Travellers then?

... They aren't here either.

Kid sighed as she slouched in her chair. The Angels watched as the dress Kid wore changed colour from white to black and back again. The hair colour of another Angel went from blonde to a blood red. The shadows on the ground quivered and shook what they were attached to, giving the whole room a sense of eerie winds and movement.

The Angels looked around and watched the things move and change colour, the bricks in the walls trembled with the effort to try and stay still.

Kid eventually stopped everything, it wasn't the best she could do, but she wasn't going to be playing that piece just yet.

Kid reached for her golden cup as the Ariella looked to the other Angels, "what did I tell you?"

The other Angels were muttering to one another before one replied. "A lot of supernatural creatures can do that, what makes you think she's the Representative though, she's just a kid."

Ariella nodded, "true. But have any of you been able to tap into her mind yet?"

They all remained silent.

Kid glanced at all of them as she sipped her drink, it was bitterly sweet.

Ariella turned to Kid, "I'll be happy to show you all. We'll be able to unlock her secrets, even more than what the Travellers have ever told us."

Kid suddenly felt sick.

"But she won't even answer our questions," the Angel informed.

Kid felt herself begin to sway and her vision begin to betray her, like her ears did also as all words became slower and twisted.

"So we'll have to just force her to answer them," Ariella replied standing. She kneeled next to the dizzy Kid and gently tilted her head back and pressed the cup to her lips. The contents started sliding from the cup and in Kid's mouth.

Kid could feel this, and at first swallowed it, but it made her sicker, made her dizzier. She stopped and attempted to cough it up and sit up. Ariella wouldn't let her as she covered her mouth and pushed her head back. Kid struggled under the Angel grip as she gagged and coughed under her hand until she was forced to swallow and Ariella grip loosened and released her.

Kid coughed and attempted to throw up as she tried to get away from the Angels by falling off the chair and crawling away. Ariella snickered at her attempt as she followed Kid and quickly picked her up. Kid didn't have the energy to get out of the Angel's weak grip as she was lifted off the ground and hung there like a doll. Ariella rolled her over in her arms and pressed her thumb against her forehead.

With a soft sigh, Ariella closed her eyes and the area around her thumb flowed softly, as did her own hair as she tried to push through the barriers of the weak Kid.

Kid could feel it, nudging against her head and barriers. Her arms were weak and her mind was going blurry, but she refused to give in.

Scaring Ariella slightly, Kid launched upwards and snatched at her hand, giving it a great squeeze that last less than two seconds, before falling back over. Her eyes darted around trying to move, but slowly they too succumbed to the exhaustion her body was undergoing.

"She's stubborn," Ariella grumbled as she picked Kid up completely and turned back to the other Angels, who now seemed intrigued, "But I believe if we push hard enough we'll crack the surface."

A/N

Just remember to vote and comment telling me what you think.

There is another story I made called On One Grey Day with Half a Dozen Roses, I need constructive criticism on that, it would really help. Thanks :D.

READ ON WATTPADDERS!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 3.4K 31
[Completed] ManxBoy ~ What if you have died but gotten a Second Chance? This is a story of an orphan boy who has been tossed around, used and br...
320 13 16
***"Scream if you find anything" He says "I have my- "I begin to say realizing my gun was no longer with me. "Yeah I took your gun when we came here"...
2.6K 417 105
*⚠️SEXUAL STORY THAT CONTAINS PROFANITY⚠️* Cover by @OnaylieAcosta Weeeeeeeell....here we are. Book number 4. This story has escalated beyond my othe...
33.7K 571 64
I drew this! ^ with one of those crappy 6 in 1 multicolor pens. Dream x reader (SHE/HER PRONOUNS!!) Y/n finds herself in a interesting situation. She...