Faceoff

By cal_fromthehood

"It's my job, I can't just drop everything for you." Jonathan scuffed, throwing clothes in his bag. He glance... More

Chapter 1- Game Day
Chapter 2- I'm Not a Hawks Fan!
Chapter 3- The Game
Chapter 4- The Blues
Chapter 5- I Hate Schwartz
Chapter 6- Showtime
Chapter 7- Playoffs Baby
Chapter- First Date?
Chapter 9 -Wild Game 1
Chapter 10- Double Trouble
Chapter 11-Partayyy
Chapter 12- Life's a Beach
Chapter 13 -Who is that?
Chapter 14- Teenagers
Chapter 15 -Deke
Not an update
Chapter 16 -What Is Love?
Chapter 17- Familia
Chapter 18- California
Chapter 19- War
Chapter 20 -Artists
Chapter 21- Bennie
Chapter 22 -Galaxy
Chapter 24 -We Are The Champions
Chapter 25 -Wuthering Heights
Chapter 26 -It's Vegas Baby
Chapter 27 -Waking Up In Vegas
Chapter 28 -Wedding Bells
Chapter 29 -Kiddos
Chapter 30 -I Love You
Chapter 31 -Winnipeg
Chapter 32 -Soulmates
Chapter 33 -Mr. And Mrs. Oshie
Chapter 34 -The Goodbye
Chapter 35 -Dallas Baby
Chapter 36 -New Beginnings
Chapter 37 -Welcome Home
Chapter 38 -Bear Down
Chapter 39 -Falling
Chapter 40 -DC
Chapter 41 -The News
Chapter 42- Bootiful
Chapter 43- I Love You
Chapter 44 -Epilogue Part 1
Chapter 45- Epilogue Part 2

Chapter 23- Go Cubs Go

381 6 5
By cal_fromthehood

"Go where you are celebrated-not tolerated. If they can't see the real value of you, it's time for a new start." -Unknown

Natalie's P.O.V

"And tell Chaunette I love her. And my little pups too. And tell Deke his favorite uncle misses him. Oh and I miss and love you too." Andrew rambled on, flashing me puppy dogs eyes. My heart ached at the sight of him.

"Love you." I pouted, wanting my best friend home. "You better kick some ass for me tonight."

I hung up the phone, glancing back to my computer. Even though it was only my first day, I already had stacks of work to do. The boys I'd met so far were beyond sweet and welcomed me with open arms. Literally. The minute I stepped into my office this morning, Rizzo pulled me into a bone crushing hug. According to my boss, he loved having new faces around. He's even invited me to get drinks with him after tonight's game, but I just really wanted to see my baby play. I was informed that the staff room was broadcasting the game tonight, so I guess I would be hanging in there.

"Natalie?" An unrecognizable deep voice asked. I looked up at the figure standing in my door frame and was met with the most piercing blue eyes I'd ever seen. The man adjacent to me was absolutely breathtaking. "I'm Kris Bryant and I just wanted to say welcome on behalf of the team."

"Oh Anthony already welcomed me, but thank you so much." I started typing again, expecting him to leave to get ready for his game. But instead he sat down in the chair across for my desk.

"I just want to let you know if you need any help getting around Chicago, I'm here for you. I heard you're new here and so am I, but I can figure it out for the both of us." He game me a wide smile. His teeth were brighter than a fresh blanket of snow in the winter.

"Yeah my boyfriend has been here a long time so I'd probably turn to him, no offence."

"Jonathan right? My girlfriend is practically in love with him."

"I guess your girlfriend and I have something in common then." He let out a deep chuckle and said a quick good-bye. The game was starting soon so he had to get ready. I desperately wanted to finish all of this work. Jon was gonna be home in the morning and I wanted him all to myself while I could.

The Cubs game started shortly after and somehow I managed to finish all my paperwork. My inner Cubs fan was living for the chance to watch a game. I'd only been to Wrigley Field once before and had only seen the Cubs play three times before. Yet somehow they'd always been a favorite of mine. I was a huge fan of Jake Arrieta and luckily for me he was starting tonight. But I didn't really care.

The truth was, I couldn't get my mind off Jonny's game tonight. I desperately wanted them to win. If he did, there was only one more win to the cup. I could see him win at home. Both my family and his would rush down the ice, I would engulf him in a hug and probably cry and little bit. He would tell me he loved me and we would go home straight to bed, too high on adrenaline to sleep. Then we'd talk about our summer since he was finally free to do whatever he wanted. Maybe I wanted this win tonight more than the players.

*****

"Bennie you'll do fine so being nervous."

"I'm hurt Natalie, but I can't tell my coach that. He'll pull me. I just want to win for my team."

"I would wish you good luck, but not gonna lie, I'm rooting for my boyfriend tonight." Ben chuckled on the line. As much as I love him, I couldn't not root for the Hawks. Ben was the only connection I had with Tampa while the list of friendships on the Hawks was gigantic.

"You're such a fucking traitor." I heard a muffled conversation through my phone's speaker. "Nat I've got to go, looks like your boyfriend finally showed up so we can warm-up. Love you!"

I hung up the phone, turning my attention back to the baseball game in front of me. Currently, I was in the dugout sitting next to Kris and Pedro. They staff had invited me down since it was my first day. It was an offer I couldn't refuse. I'd already let them know I was leaving as soon as 7 o'clock rolled by. Kris nudged me, forcing my attention to Jake's pitching.

"Who's Ben?" He asked.

"Huh? Oh Ben Bishop, the Tampa goalie."

"How do you know so many famous people." He groaned, throwing his head on my shoulder. "I play a professional sport and you still know more people than I do."

"He used to play in St. Louis and I worked for the Blue's so we became friends." I smiled at the memory of Ben and I a couple years ago. I definitely needed to spend some time in Florida with him this summer. That was a major perk of this new job. Since I was planning events, I could do it wherever I wanted. If I wanted, I could pick up and go to Africa and do my job, although my traveling was probably going to be limited to Canada, St. Louis and now maybe Florida.

"Well you should bring some of your friends to a game in their off season."

"Will do Kris, will do."

*****
"Mr. Captain how does it feel to get the win tonight?" I asked, faking being a reporter. We were FaceTiming right now, but our conversation couldn't be too long. I'd promised Kris and Anthony I would go out with them in 5 minutes, but I wanted to congratulate Jon before I left.

"Well I didn't get to kiss my beautiful girlfriend so I don't know much of a win today was." He smirked, pulling a hat on to cover his still wet hair. His flight was in a few minutes so I would get to see him tonight.

"Oh don't you worry baby, you'll be getting more than a kiss tonight." His jaw dropped and he quickly tried to recover his emotions. Luckily for himself, he was away from the team. Knowing them, they wouldn't shut up about his whipped demeanor.

"You're giving me fucking blue balls, Natalie." He hissed, making sure no one could hear him.

"Well I've got to go. Hurry home, okay? I love you."

"I love you too. Be safe." I hung up the phone, grabbing my purse and making my way down towards the locker room. Kris and Anthony were waiting for me, both of them looking casual yet handsome. I looked pretty boring in my jeans and Hawks sweatshirt. But who cares, we were just getting a few beers and pizza. I drove with Anthony, mindlessly chatting about the game and singing whatever country song was on the radio. The pizza place was small but made the best veggie pizza I'd ever had. The other boys split a meat lovers topped with every edible animal out there. They claimed it was also good. At this point, I was onto my third beer and was feeling a bit tipsy.

"I think I'm gonna head out boys."

"Let me give you a ride home." Kris offered, throwing money down on the table. We said a quick goodbye to Anthony who followed us out anyway. I jumped in Kris' car and made our way back to Jonny's place.

"Thanks for the ride. I'll see you Monday." He reached across the seat to give me a hug. Jonny was meant to be home in an hour or so, so I decided to bring Deke to play with Molly for a bit. They bonded quickly, but it was time to go. I could see Jonny and Peaks unloading their things into the house.

"Welcome home all-stars." Both of their heads whipped around and I was instantly tackled to the ground. Not by my amazing boyfriend, but by my annoying best friend. "Peaks I love you, but I really want to kiss Jonny."

Patrick rolled off of me, muttering that we were a gross couple. I tuned him out, running full forcing into Jon's awaiting arms. Our lips smashed together and before I knew it we were full on making out. Peaks had already gone into his room, meaning Jon and I could do whatever we wanted.

I'd always hated the term 'made love'. I preferred the fact that people just had sex. It was plain and simple with no glamorization. But that night, for the first time ever, I understood what it meant to make love. And it was the best feeling in the world.

Don't kill me, but I'm become less and less of a Hawks fan as the days pass. No lie, my favorites last season were Saad, Raanta, Oduya, Nordstrom, Kane and Steeger. I've never been a huge Toews fan (I like him but he wasn't a fav) and I never really cheered for Hossa and Keith even though they're amazing. So the fact that all of my favorites got traded and Kane might not come back, it's just not really worth it to me anymore. The only people left on the team that I care about are Hammer, Tevs and Crow. Idk, maybe I'll fall in love with Marko Dano or some newcomer this year like I have in the past, but I'm not sure that's gonna happen again. Well I guess this is a sign that I actually sign to move to Canada and be a Candiens fan.

Also I think I'll only be updating twice a week from now on, sorry!

Q: Where do you want to go to college/ move to?

A: University of Toronto for the W

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 41 22
As her brother gets drafted to another team and another city, Kaitlyn Gabriella Burish trades spots with him. As he leaves to go to Texas, she goes t...
31K 559 21
Love that we can not have is the one that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest, and feels the strongest -Unknown Jonathan Toews was never the one to...
93.4K 1.8K 38
*book two of the Counting On Hockey series. Read Just Another Goal prior to this book* Meredith and Cole are going into their Senior year of high sch...
234K 4.2K 65
Delilah has always had a dream of becoming a photographer. So how can she say no to the Blackhawks' job offer? She meets the one and only Patrick Kan...