The Red Necklace

By lillyalbela

It's not any "normal" love story. No, not at all. It's about disloyalty, it's about lying; lying to the who... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 (Edited)
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 15

164 19 7
By lillyalbela

I was at home by 1:15 pm and frowned at the main gate when I saw a black car parked outside. Thinking who's car it could be I entered home. Before I could open the main entrance door; that lead to the main hall, the door was opened by a stranger, grinning. He looked like he was in his early twenties, with a fair complexion and brown eyes. He was approximately 5'8 and broad shouldered. I stared at him confused. Whoever he was, he was blocking my way to the entrance and that irritated me a lot.

" Excuse me." I said and he jerked away as if coming out of a trance.

" I'm so sorry, please come in. " I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Who exactly was this man, welcoming me to my own home.

" Who are you?" I said as I threw my school bag on the sofa and turned to look at him.

" You don't remember me? Ouch I'm hurt now." He said feigning hurt. I stared at him back not in a mood to play " Guess-who-is-this -stranger" right now.

" I'm sorry but I don't..." and then it him. We were expecting guests on Friday. And today was Friday. This man standing next to me was my childhood friend, Shahbaz.

" Oh... you're Shahbaz." I exclaimed pointing my index finger at him.

"And we have a winner." Shahbaz said clapping his hands together loudly, grinning from ear to ear. He looked really nice smiling like that, I had to admit that. He had grown into a real heartthrob and it wouldn't be a surprise if I saw girls swooning over him. but he was really not my type. He was nothing like Salman. My Salman was different. Different from the whole world.But in a good sense, of course.

" You have grown." I said and then realized how stupid that sounded. I saw Shahbaz smirk and blushed at how stupid I could get at times.

" I mean you have changed a lot." I added quickly.

" Hmm... is that a compliment? " Shahbaz asked.

" Yeah, you could call it a compliment." I said smiling. It was so strange to look at your childhood friend as a complete stranger. I knew nothing about him anymore. He had changed a lot, that much I could tell for sure.

" Well, I must say that you have grown to be more beautiful." I smiled at his complement, unaffected. It did nothing to my heartbeat. It didn't make me blush. It was just a compliment from a friend. Whereas if Salman had said this, I would have melted right there and then like a wax.

" Thanks Shahbaz." I said giving a full smile.

" Honey, you are home already? Come here , Aunt Maria have been asking for you for so long. " Mom said coming out of the kitchen.

" Salam Aunty Maria! " I greeted Aunt Maria and she stood up from the kitchen stool she was seated on, to hug me. I hugged her back and memories of my childhood came back when I used to visit her house and she used it to make pancakes for Shahbaz and me as well as for our toys. Although Shahbaz was three years elder than me, he never complained about playing with a girl three years younger than him. In fact he always looked forward to it and insisted on my mother to send me to their home..

" Just look at my girl. She have grown to be a very smart and beautiful young lady. " Aunty Maria gushed looking at my mother as if she was holding a piece of a very valuable item. I looked over at the kitchen's door and saw Shahbaz standing there, smiling at me affectionately. He was 22 years old now but he manged to look like a playboy teenager. Just not my type, I thought smiling.

By the time we were done with the dinner at night I had learned that Shahbaz had done MBA with shining marks and was now employed in a very well known company in America as Assistant Manager. Aunty Maria could just not stop talking about her only son that made Shahbaz roll his eye every now and then and shout " Mom!" to stop her from telling us some of the embarrassing things he have done.

It had been 2 days since I had last seen Salman and just because of that promise I had made him , I couldn't go and visit him. It was a Sunday night and we had just taken dinner and everyone was off to their room.

I laid there restless turning in my bed. I was wearing an old worn out t-shirt that I loved too much to give away. The shirt had a deep cut in the neck and gave a way too clear view of my cleavage so I just wore it in my room. Not finding peace anywhere I decided t read a book.

Getting up from my bed I went over the chest of drawers and opened the last drawer that was filled with unread novels. I took out Remembrance from Daniel Steel and took it to my bed for reading. I was on 4th chapter when I heard footsteps on the side of my balcony. Blinking, I waited to hear it again. I looked up and saw a man standing there, in black denim jeans and a royal blue t-shirt. He was 6'1 inches tall , slightly tanned, just the way I liked it.

It was Salman.

I gasped as I kept the book aside and jumped out of my bed. Instead of running towards him and kissing him like crazy, I went to check up on my door. It was locked. I turned to look at him and he was standing just there, looking at me.

I walked towards him and stood in front of him. He looked at me before his eyes moved downwards and I realized what he was looking at. Blushing instantly I turned around to take my dupatta when Salman grabbed me by my arm. I didn't dare look at him so I looked at his chest, my whole body on fire. Salman kept a finger under my chin and lifted my face up, forcing me to look at him. What I saw in those eyes was something that lighted the candle of need with in me. I saw how badly he wanted me.It was then that I realized how badly I wanted him as well. I wanted him to love me. To make love with me. Not able to stand back, I hugged him and felt Salman sigh before he hugged me back.

Salman took my face in his hands and bit my shivering lips. I moaned and opened them. Salman licked my lips before kissing me full on my mouth.

" Oh Neha, what have you done to me ! " Salman was whispering along the kisses, repeatedly.

He savored my mouth, his tongue moving in my mouth freely.He moved his hands from my face to my waist and massaged it. Salman broke the kiss and pushed me to the wall. Keeping his hands on either side of me he came closer to me. I looked into his eyes and saw how much he wanted me.  We kissed again and then again and I wanted nothing more than to take out his clothes and mine and make love with him on my bed. 

Salman was 8 years elder than me and was not a virgin. But I was. And I couldn't imagine myself loosing my virginity for someone else. If it wasn't for Salman, it would be for no one.

How I was able to stand with this jittery legs was beyond me.

Suddenly we both jumped and broke the kiss as there was a knock on the door. My heartbeat fastened and I paled. Salman looked at me before brushing a hand in my hair,

" It's okay. I'll go in the balcony. Open the door." Salman whispered and I nodded. Salman went into the balcony that lead from my bedroom and I went to open the door at the same time trying to clam my ragged breathing and my aching body.

I opened the door and saw Shahbaz standing there. I looked at him confused as to why was he here.

" I need to talk to you. " Shahbaz said. I gulped. What could it be? I thought but opened the door anyways. He came in and I closed the door behind us. Turning on the light I sat on my bed. Shahbaz sat on the chair and when he looked at me he instantly looked away, blushing. 

I was confused as to why was he blushing when I remembered the shirt I was wearing and I didn't have my dupatta. Now it was my turn to blush. Quickly getting up I brought a dupatta from my wardrobe and threw it over my shoulder.

" I'm sorry I came here at this hour. "Shahbaz said. 

" It's okay, is everything okay? Do you need anything? " I asked still blushing like a tomato, embarrassed at what he had seen.

" Actually, I just couldn't sleep. So I though I'd come here and see if you are sleep already." He said looking guilty for disturbing me at night. I had school in the morning and he knew that.

"Oh..." That was all I was able to say. He had disturbed the most precious moment of my life just because he couldn't sleep! I felt bad at the same time as no matter what , he was my friend. I was supposed to be there whenever he needed me. But then again, lately I had not been fulfilling any responsibilities, whether it's being a friend or a daughter, I was lying, cheating on everyone. Everyone except one. And I just wished with my selfish heart that Salman would never cheat on me. That he would always love me.

" Neha..." Shahbaz said in a low voice.

" Yes?" I asked. He was looking at me like he wanted to tell me something but he was scared. He stood and sat next to me on the bed. I didn't like this proximity but I ignored it.

" How do you like me? " Shahbaz whispered. I looked at him and then blinked. How did I like him?

" Shahbaz... what..." He cut me off.

" Just tell me Neha, do you like me? " Shahbaz said and I could tell he was in pain, he was trying to give me some type of hint but I was in oblivion. I refused to understand what he meant. My heart was killing me to look at him like this but I couldn't say something that will boost his expectations. So I decided to tell him the truth.

" Yes Shahbaz I like you. I like you very much. In fact I've liked you from my childhood. You are a very nice man, any girl would be lucky to have you. You are a very special man, Shahbaz." Shahbaz was suddenly smiling and then he hugged me. He didn't even give a time to react and he let go off me.

" Thank you Neha, I knew it. I just knew it. " He said before he sprang from my bed and walked out of my room closing the door behind him, happily.

 I stared at him dumbfounded , thinking what exactly happened. I was going to tell him that I liked him but as a friend and he walked out all jumping and giddy without even listening to me. I thought of explaining everything in the morning to Shahbaz as it was way too late for me to roaming around the house.

Shaking my head I got up and locked the door. Quickly going in the balcony I looked for Salman but he wasn't there.

He was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39 6 3
Sameeha Malik, a muslim girl who couldn't get Islamic education, falls for a guy who likes to spend his most of the time by worshipping his creator...
25.5K 747 23
A girl of 12 years, unaware of world's relations. Yet, is tied in a knot with a 20 year old boy. The boy being an educated individual and mesmerized...
80 6 9
A story of two souls destined together by the grace of our beloved Allah SWT.
222K 13.7K 48
Most impressive ranking till date, #1 in spiritual out of 26.7k stories Date: 7/01/2021 ---- A muslim love story- "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐...