Chapter 3

Hello lovelies,

Plump yourself on the most comfy recliner with a mug of coffee/tea ( whatever rides your boat) and read :D
Happy reading and

Good day :*

Lillyalbela.

-------######-------

Depression- no matter what's your story behind you being depressed, depression is always the same.

It's that gnawing feeling of helplessness. Being traped in a place you don't want to be. Or where you least want to be. And you can't help to get out of it...

▪▪▪▪ Author unknown.

It had been six months since I had last seen him or six months since Mrs. Danish was robbed. All the gossips in the town had faded and the police's visits were also reduced to almost none.

Media had long forgotten about the robbery that took place 6 months prior and the police and securities pretended that everything was in control. All the police had done was exactly nothing. The proof being , they were still not able to chase down the thieves. But there point of view was that if there had been no robbery since then it's because they had made their security systems effective.

I had spend every night waiting for him to show up but they never did. Maybe they were done with this street and now they were looking for a new street and a new prey. I had finished my first year's classes and was now preparing for the exams that were next month. I hated myself for doing this to me but I could just not focus on anything anymore. My studies were a disaster and I was a mess. My mother had noticed the change in me and had asked me several times about it but what could I say. I couldn't tell her the truth so I stayed quiet.

It was a Sunday morning and I was still in my bed, with the air conditioner on full blast, mourning over the fact that another night had passed and he didn't come. I was so exasperated that I started crying. I felt so sorry for myself. He was a thieve, no matter how much I loved him , I could never get him.

Hell , I couldn't even meet him under normal conditions. I started crying more and screaming on my pillow. I felt so hopeless.

There was a knock on my door and I dreaded opening it, not for me but for the person who was knocking it, because really, I was a terrible sight to see. Wiping away the tears with my hands I managed a crooked, " Yes?"

" Honey are you awake already? The breakfast is ready!" I heard my mom's worried voice and felt how hard she was trying to sound cheerful. I sighed and made a messy bun of my tangled hair and climbed out of my bed.

" Yeah I'm coming." I shouted over the door as I headed to the bathroom. I heard my mom say something in the back but I tuned her out as I closed the door. I didn't dare to look in the mirror, so I stood there in front of the mirror, looking at the tap of water, stupidly. Opening the tap I splashed cold water on my tears stricken face and sighed again. This felt so good. I continued to splash water for almost 5 minutes and then I knew I had to stop. I brushed my hair and teeth,used the toilet and came out of the bathroom.
Not bothering to make up my bed or turn off the air conditioner, I opened the door and went downstairs.

Mom was seated on the dining table with her mug of tea in front of her. When she looked at me she smiled and greeted me. I tried smiling and to some extent I succeeded but I didn't dare to look in her eyes as I knew Mom would notice the bags under my eyes due to the lack of sleep.
" Where's Dad?" I asked her picking up an apple and slicing it.

" He just left for work. His client wanted to meet him on Sunday as they were leaving the country today. " Mom said, glad that I started any conversation. I nodded. Dad's working on Sunday was not something new for us. His clients usually held meeting with him on weekend as it was a day off from their work.

" How's your studies going?" Mom asked. Taking a bite from the apple.

 I shrugged.

" It's good." I replied.

" Hmmm... Your father was so worried about your exams. Although he is really excited about your result that he promised to buy you anything you want if you top." My mom gushed excitedly. Even I wanted to look excited but then once again failed miserably.

" That's great." I said taking a sip from the juice.

" What is it, Neha? You don't look too excited about this?" Mom asked on the verge of being mad at me.

 If you know what I mean.

" Should I really be, mom? I mean , I'm not a kid anymore. I have everything I want! I don't need prizes on topping in my studies." I tried to make an excuse for my lack of enthusiasm. I mean, all I wanted was that sexy robber, full stop. Nothing else.

Ignoring my mom's glare on me I drank my juice. Mom shook her head and went to the kitchen. Sighing, I looked around the table carelessly when I noticed my dad's newspaper in front of his seat.

It was not the newspaper that caught my attention. It was something in it. Keeping the glass down I picked up the newspaper and stared at it for a whole minute before the things started registering in my head. It was a regular advertisement from one of the most popular gold's brand; Georgina Black. They were advertising for a necklace that was an ancient gold necklace with pure rubies studded in it.It was something that looked of too much value. The price was not disclosed in the magazine. The necklace was named as The Red Necklace , From Queen Maryam.

-----#####-----

So, how're you likin'it so far? Please
leave your opinion and votes for me...
thanks :*