Chapter 12

I don't need you to make promises for me to keep this bond intact... I've got everything I need. I've got you...

Happy reading:)
Love,
Lillyalbela:*

-----#######-----

The street was busy with people hurrying here and there. Nobody noticed a stranger in the street and carried on with whatever they were doing.

 A man in the tire shop was sitting on a plastic chair outside the shop, smoking. A woman was hurrying down the road carrying two bags of groceries in her hand too busy in her thoughts to notice me looking at her. 

I was standing behind the tree effectively hiding myself from the red bricked house. Now that I knew where Salman lived I thought of heading back to the mall before it got too late. Just as I came in view one of the robber, the one with the emerald eyes saw me and froze, instantly reorganization coming on his face. I heard him gasp before he signaled the bald man and he too recognized me, instantly. 

And all I could think of doing at that moment was to smile. I smiled to let them know that I meant no harm. They didn't seem to get the message I tried sending them through my smile as the next thing I noticed was they were reaching in to their pockets, probably to take out guns. I heard the door opening and saw Salman coming out of the house, shirtless, holding a white t-shirt in his hand. The bald man took out his gun and aimed at me, discreetly so that no body in the busy street noticed. 

The other man with emerald eyes turned to Salman and made a strange gesture that looked too much like he was trying to tell him there was danger. Salman was immediately alarmed but when he noticed me his expression changed from alarmed to shocked. To say Salman was shocked to see me in front of his residence was an understatement. And just like the alarmed expression had gone, the shocked expression also vanished and there was sudden anger on his face. He stood there shirtless on the porch of the red bricked house,one hand in the pocket maybe to withdraw the gun. 

The urge to forget that people were around us and to kiss him senselessly was overpowering and all I was able to do was stand there and blush while three men stood in front of me one of them aiming a gun at me while the other 2 were in the process of taking the gun out. 

Salman looked at the bald man and signaled him to keep the gun down. The bald man looked confused but kept the gun down anyways. Salman opened the small door of the fence and walked towards me, his eyes looked like an icily cold stone that held no emotion. He grabbed my arms and jerking them angrily , he growled in a low voice,

 " What the hell are you doing here? Who the fucking hell told you about my address? " Salman was seething in anger. I tried to look unaffected but my arms were in so much pain and I wanted nothing but to cry over the pain. Yet I didn't dare opening my mouth.

" Answer me, damn it!" Salman said pressing my arms with more pressure. Unable to withhold, I gave a small cry before saying, " You're hurting me, Salman." As if coming out of a trance, Salman instantly let go of my arms and sighed loudly brushing a hand through his hair that were damp. I suppose he had taken a shower. I looked at him and noticed his perfect abdomen with abs and a perfectly wide chest. When I noticed he was looking at me I instantly looked away, blushing.

" Neha, how did you come here?" This time he had composed himself and he tried to sound normal, although the situation was anything but normal.

" I followed you. " I said looking into his eyes. 

" Of course you did." Salman said angrily. " You're going to regret coming here. You're going to wish you never came here. What do you think this all is, huh? A school's play and you're the actor in it? Is that what you think this all is Neha? Because let me tell you something, this is not a game. Not a play. This is reality. Have you ever thought what would happen if your father finds out that you were in the red street? Have you? No , you didn't. " My Heart stopped beating for a second. This was the red street? The forbidden red street where honorable people were not supposed to go. It was the street of thugs and slums. I panicked inside but I tried my best to hide it.