Chapter 2 (Edited)

Hey there,
Happy reading :*

Love

Lillyalbela,

---------#####-------

Next morning I woke up to the blaring sirens of police.

How precisely on time, Snickering, I shook my head.

It was seven and I had half an hour to get ready and another half hour to reach school.

Quickly climbing out of my bed I picked up the remote control and switched off the air conditioner. I went to the bathroom and sighed content with the sudden warmness of it. Stripping out of my clothes, I used the toilet and then took a quick shower. After that, I wrapped a towel around me and came out.
Thankfully, my bathroom was attached to my room, otherwise, it would have been so difficult for me to come out in a towel, with Ruqaiya; our 25 years old maid, roaming around the house . I changed into light green Shalwar Kameez quickly. Taking the matching dupatta and throwing it over my shoulder, I picked up my bag and hanging it over my shoulder exited my room. As soon as I was out of my room the event of last night came into my mind and my heart skipped a beat when I remembered him.

Smiling mischievously I went down the stairs and instantly 2 things hit me.

One was the aroma of freshly made parathas made in butter and Omelets and the 2nd thing was the worried eyes of my father that was glued to the T.V. He didn't even acknowledge me as I sat on the dining table. He was listening to the news reporter on the T.V that was actually just outside Mrs. Danish's house, reporting.
She was using wild gestures and trying very hard in making it sensational news. I picked up a slice from the bread-basket and smeared some jam on it, wondering if dad really wanted to see this he could just look at the scene live from his window, so why was he intent on watching it on T.V.
Maybe , watching the news on T.V made it less real.

My mom came out of the kitchen holding two cups of tea and one cup of warm milk on a tray which she placed on the table before sighing and sitting beside Dad. I greeted her and she smiled but the concern was written all over her face. Everyone in this town was worried about their homes and their gold now, as it was the 4th robbery in our town and the thieves were still not chased. That was quite strange if I thought about it, as the robbers were not that smart. I mean like come on now... If I had wanted to, they could have been long behind the bars.

Mom kept the milk in front of me and I enjoyed my breakfast.

"Poor Mrs. Danish, she had saved that treasure of hers for years." Mom said taking a bite of her paratha.

"Damn! It's the fourth time and the police are doing exactly nothing. They just sneak in under our noses and after taking our life-long saved treasure, they just vanish! And then it's always the same. The police in the morning, the media and the concern; the fake concern, actually! They could have saved this if they were more alarmed." Dad fumed and I looked at my breakfast not daring to look at him as if I was scared that the moment our eyes met, he will know the truth that his daughter is the live witness of this robbery, for the second time, and that she has done nothing but drooled over the robber.

As soon as I could, I sipped on the warm milk and got up. I said my byes to my worried parents and waving them off, I was off to school.

I was the only child of my parents and my father was a much-respected architect in the city. We were a medium class family with a normal lifestyle. I did not agree with robbers' philosophy of robbing people, in fact, I discouraged it a lot. Stealing a penny was as sinful as robbing gold was, but I could not muster up the courage to tell anyone just because I couldn't imagine not seeing him forever. I didn't know what it was, where it would lead me, all I knew was since last 2 months I had not been able to find rest in anything I did, or anywhere I went. I was restless but after last night... I had my answers.

I was in love with a robber.

It was a fifteen-minute walk to my school but today it took me twenty-five minutes to reach school as I had strolled to the school today, too busy fantasizing about that robber, who not only robbed gold but had also robbed my heart. Hell, I was such a mess; I didn't even know his name. He didn't even know that I existed. He was a famous robber of our town and everyone cursed him, except me, of course. As soon as I entered school my friend Aisha came running towards me, greeting me with a bright smile. I put all my thoughts of last night aside and greeted her back as we headed towards our first class.

-------######-----

Don't leave without voting and commenting...

thanks :*