Chapter 9

Hey everone,
I hope you enjoy reading, don't forget to vote and comment;
Happy Reading:)
Love,
Lillyalbela:*

------#####-------

I had spend the whole night reminiscing about the moments I had spend with Salman and it was already 6:00 am in the morning.

 I came out of the trance I was in and realized that although they had made it quietly out and no one knew that there had been a robbery in our house, so if I wanted to , I could just go on not telling anyone about it. But the thing was today or tomorrow my parents would be asking me about the necklace and I could just not say that I lost it. It was too precious to get lost. So the only option I had was to make it look like there have been a robbery in our home. 

Quickly getting up from my bed I opened my drawer and threw it's content on the floor. Then opening all the drawers of the chest I threw some of it's content on the floor as well. Moving towards my wardrobe I threw some of my out-dated jewelry from last Eid on floor along with some clothes. Opening the balcony door and unlocking my room's door, I was almost done.

Satisfied with the scene in front of me , I heaved a sigh of relief. And just then I heard the door of my room opening and a gasp.

" What the hell happened here?!" Dad cried.

I jumped out of my skin and turned to look at my father's horrified expression. They were back early as it was only 6:15 am.

" A Robbery." I stated, trying not to look guilty.

-------------------------------------------------

" What time was it? Were you awake?" Dad was asking.

" No Maqsood , she was sleeping." Mom was trying to ease Dad and he was hyperventilating.

" Did they hurt you?" It was Mom this time, concern and worry written all over her face.

" Of course they didn't , otherwise she would have waken up. " Dad answered for Mom.

I sat on my bed looking like a pussy cat. They were both asking questions and then answering it their selves. If I had been in any other condition, I would have definitely laughed. But not right now. Dad was strolling in my room like a crazy person and I feared that any given moment he will be pulling his hair. Mom stood by the door trying to console Dad , at the same time bombarding me with dozens of questions. They had still didn't ask about the things that were robbed.

Mom had send the maid home not telling her anything because Dad wanted this to be kept quiet. As he so firmly believed that the police did nothing but give false confirmations and promises.

Also, We lived in a society that was highly stereotyped as being perfect and pure. It had something to do with the religion as well that the unmarried girls and women were considered to be safe and pure under their parents or guardians custody only.

If our society was told that a girl was at home all alone by herself and the house was robbed. It was simply like putting the pureness of that girl into question because there was no way the people were going to believe that the house was robbed and the girl was left untouched. It all just lead to bad publicity about the girl and apparently the girl was not be considered to be pure any more and no gentleman would want her anymore.

And that was the kind of bad publicity Dad was afraid of. Therefore they had not told anything to Ruqaiya and they were adamant on staying quiet.

" When did you wake up? " Mom asked.
" She was awake when I came in." I opened my mouth to answer but Dad topped that.
" I can't believe you were able to sleep through all this." It was Mom again, looking at the mess my room was in.

" Now you know good enough to listen to your parents , if you had come with us, none of this would have happened." Mom said. I silently thanked my lucky stars that I didn't go.

" Have you checked your belongings yet... What did they take with them?" It was Mom again.

My heart , I thought.

" I'm... I'm afraid they took The Red Necklace with them. It was in my drawer and it's not there anymore. " I said managing to look sad and gloomy. Mom and Dad looked at me as if they were expecting this to come. Their eyes were sad and it had a look of resignation in them. After a minute of silence Dad left the room without saying anything. Mom came to me and sat beside me looking into my eyes. Her question caught me off guard.
" Neha Maqsood Shah, what actually happened here?" She looked into my eyes with a stern look that said she wanted no nonsense. I gulped before looking into her eyes, silently hoping this would all be over soon and that she would believe all my lies.

"After you left, I was in my room the whole time. The maid came and asked me for dinner but I didn't feel like eating then, so I told her that and sent her away. After that I was laying on my bed and I don't remember when I fell asleep. I woke up in the morning and saw the mess my room was in. First I didn't understand what was going on but when I saw the empty drawer of the bed-side table , I knew it instantly, I was robbed. " I finished with a defeated sigh. I saw Mom had believed my story to some extent but she didn't look too convinced.

" As far as I know you, after all you are my daughter, you are not a heavy sleeper. How come you didn't wake up when they were making it so loud by throwing everything here and there?" Mom asked incredulously. She was adamant on finding more but I had nothing else to tell her. Or nothing that I could tell her, actually.

" I don't know Mom! I just didn't! Why do you think I'm lying to you?" I asked seemingly irritated.

" It's just hard to believe. It's not like I don't believe you, honey! I don't know. It just doesn't settle right." Mom said messaging her temples and I felt so ruthless at that time. What kind of a kid would do that to their parents, I thought.

I felt guilty for pranking their feelings like this but I had no other way of doing what I had to do.
" Anyways we are glad that you are safe and at the end I think that's the only thing that matters." Mom said and I smiled.

See, I knew it! They only wanted the best for me although they didn't know what was actually best for me.

Mom went out telling me to tidy my room before the maid came. I picked up my drawers contents that were scattered on the floor including a nail filer , a bottle of pain killers, some used papers, a phone diary, some ball pens , hair clips , hair brush , hairbands , jewelry and some of my clothes. They were in their places as fast as they were thrown.

----#####----

So what do you think ? Is Neha right in doind what she is doing to get Salman's love? 

You, over there.Yes you. The one reading this right now. Stop being a silent reader and puhlease vote and comment... make yourself noticed (lol).

Thanks:*