Chapter 31

At 9:30 pm we were standing in front of the said restaurant itself. If anything the restaurant looked to be ancient. Old and ancient.

Ali had insisted we go and find something to eat. It was Fahad's bright idea to eat in the restaurant we were going to takeover. So here we were. The restaurant was alive and you could actually tell that there were people inside laughing and eating and talking. But what confused me was the fact that there were very few number of cars parked at the back of the restaurant. We walked in towards the front door and frowned when we found a sign board hung that said closed . We looked at each other and Ali groaned.

" Now it's an hour's drive down the alley to any other restaurant. " He complained.

" Why is it closed so early? " Fahad asked no one in particular.

" I don't think it's actually closed. " I said.

" What do you mean? " Ali asked at the same time Fahad said ," Read the sign board Salman."

" That's something for you to do, I have seen those cars parked at the back and know this restaurant is not closed." I said trying to peek through the glass window but they were covered with thick curtains.

" Now what? Let's just go back. " Ali said. I nodded and had just turned when we heard a door open at the back. We heard some shuffling and decided to counter whoever there was to let us in. We hurried towards the back and saw a man who looked like he was in his early forties, had a pot belly and a friendly face staring at us.

" Who are you? " He asked in an alarmed tone.

" Umm ... actually we are new here. We came to this restaurant and it's locked. Is it really closed? " Fahad asked and we all realized how stupid he sounded. The man gave us a strange look before nodding,

" Yes ji, the restaurant was closed early as there was a family ceremony held in here. Only the close family was invited ji. Oh Allah I thought we had some thugs with us tonight to intrude in our sister's engagement. " The man said and we all stared at him awkwardly at his accuracy. Although he didn't seem to notice that and continued " But ji we never let our customers go back with empty stomach and you won't believe it ji, my sister herself had prepared the meal for tonight's event. Do come in and enjoy the meal. " The man said and we were taken to a small room that lead tot he main hall of the restaurant.

Ali was happy because now he wouldn't have to drive another hour to find some restaurant. Fahad was visibly happy to get a chance to find someone who he could bang tonight. Whereas I, I was just plain happy because I was in a cozier place, safe from the deathly cold glares of Jalajit Hill Station that it was sending me.

Really , since I had entered this place it was like everything, the nonliving things I mean, were being extra harsh to me, like I was not welcomed here. Like they loathed me. Like they knew what exactly I had done in the past to a girl who had to elope because of me. As if. But this place, it just made me take a sigh of relief. It was warm and welcoming. Just like home.

The man took us to the small room and told us to sit down. I could hear the chattering somewhere not too far, the clanking of dishes and the laughter. I really felt bad for intruding in some stranger's engagement for food. Ali and Fahad sat down on the chairs as the man who had brought us in went in the main hall but not before promising us to come back in a minute. I strolled around Ali and Fahad as they looked at the restaurant with greedy eyes.

" What do you think Salman, how much do they earn with this ancient piece of history? " Fahad asked.

" Pretty enough to close the restaurant at 9:30 pm. I mean that is the most busy hour of any restaurant, and especially on a weekend. " I said stuffing my hands in my pocket.