Chapter 7

Hey dearies; ( I made that up; sue me)

How's everyone?
Hope good :D
After you're done reading, just touch the star-shaped icon and see the magic... Lol... 'Lilly's pathetic attempts to make people vote'

Anyways if you do like the chapter please then don't leave without voting and commenting...

Happy reading:)
Love,
Lillyalbela:*

----#####----

Wahab Wasiq was the famous journalist/critics from a well known news channel, Voice. His articles were not published only in Voice's newspaper but also in other famous newspapers and magazines. He was a respected writer and earned a good fortune from writing. Whether it's a politician giving a charity to a school or whether it's a small talk in the town, he wrote all about it.

And I was sure that a hunter like him, who was always hunting for news like a prey dog , would never miss something that was presented to him in a dish with a cherry on top.

Laying in my bed I thought I was the Master of it all. Everything was so much according to my plan , even much better. I closed my eyes and fell asleep dreaming of him.

The much awaited Sunday had arrived and everything was going smoothly. The party was arranged in the hall downstairs and we were expecting almost 30-40 people. Mom had bought a red gown for me to wear that was not too revealing. It was a modest dress that yet managed to make me look different, in a good sense.
Fatima arrived at 2:00 pm , cursing the locals and the traffic. I didn't mind her coming late as far as I was ready on time. And she managed to do that just perfectly. She straightened my hair and made a beautiful hairstyle. Then she applied makeup on me and I was ready by 5:00 pm. We still had an hour for the party so we decided to just sit and gossip.

We gossiped for half an hour before I asked her," Uncle Wahab is coming, right?" She was sitting on the sofa carelessly her foot on the bed.
" Yeah... When I told him about you topping he got into that parenting mood and started lecturing me about how you are getting a scholarship and I'm hardly passing." I nodded before saying," Well I think he could enjoy the party at the same time as get information for his new article." I suggested.

Fatima looked confused, frowning ,she asked, " What does that mean?"

" Well you know how he is, right. Always looking for news to write an article..." Fatima cut me off.

" Well yeah, but there should be a topic that will concern the readers, I'm sure a student getting a second rank in first year of school isn't the most interesting topic." She said still confused.

" Well yes, but the same girl getting The Red Necklace from her Dad as a present would be an interesting topic attracting readers, wouldn't it be? " I asked goofily.

She stared at me blankly before shrieking, "Hell no! OMG! Are you serious? Are you seriously kidding me now? Oh my Gosh Uncle Maqsood is gifting you ancient Red Necklace from the Queen Maryam? " She was panting by now and I started laughing at her reaction.

"Hell yes!" I said proudly.

" I guess Dad won't be getting a better topic than this for the rest of the month.He is definitely going to grab this opportunity. " She exclaimed.

Perfect. Just perfect, I thought.

The party went smoothly, with the guests chattering in groups here and there. I was mostly with Fatima and Aisha , anxiously waiting for Dad to present me the gift.

At last the most awaited moment came and my father called me. I went towards him and when he saw me he broke into a huge grin. Kissing on my forehead he said, " Don't you want your gift? I've been waiting for you to come and ask me about it." Dad said.

With a wild heartbeat, I managed to utter, " I've been waiting for you to call me and hand me over my gift." I said blushing.

Gently pushing me aside Dad cleared his throat before interacting with the crowd," Brothers and sisters, may I have your attention please. As you all know that today we are celebrating our daughter's success. I know that you all have come to give her good wishes and celebrate this success with us. On this occasion, I could have given my daughter anything that she wanted, but when I asked her , her answer amazed me. Neha asked me to buy her an ancient piece that although keeps a very high monetary value, seemed useless to me for her. But then it hit me, that what she was asking for was her love for culture and our history." I looked at Dad baffled. From where he got this ideas was beyond me but I went with the flow thinking, whatever rides his boat.

" ... Thanks her enough. The gift that she wanted was The Red Necklace. " There were gasps heard among the crowd. Mom passed a royal blue box to Dad, grinning from ear to ear.I looked at it greedily. It looked so expensive , the shining fabric of the box and on the top corner were written GB in some fancy writing.
I oozed a breath from shuddering lips. Dad opened the box and more gasps were heard, this time it included my gasp as well. The necklace was not an ordinary necklace ,even I could tell that much. It looked something of prestige and value. Immediately I fell in love with it. Not only because it was beautiful but because it was something that will make me meet him.

Picking up the necklace Dad put it on my neck. The guest erupted into a roar of clapping and cheering.

Mission successful, I thought proudly as I looked over at the applauding crowd and saw Uncle Wahab looking at the Necklace carefully as if gathering the tiniest information that would be required to write an impressive article.

-----####----

#impressedcritics , #cheekyNeha and # overwhelmedparents...

Thanks:*