Chapter 16

Readers, If you don't start voting, I'll start crying now.

Please vote and comment.

love,

lillyalbela.

That night I couldn't sleep. I laid in my bed wide awake going over and over again at the moment Salman and I shared. Half of my heart wanted Salman to come back and finish what we started and the other half of me wanted him to stand in front of me and explain why he left, when he said he'll wait for me in the balcony.

I was also worried about what Shahbaz had meant. I was telling myself again and again that I'll go and talk to him in the morning and tell him that I liked him just as a friend. The thought of him liking me as more than a friend was too depressing and I didn't wanted to think about it. If it turned out that Shahbaz had feelings for me, it would be a disaster. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I laid the whole night praying that it wasn't what I was dreading the most, that Shahbaz loved me.

It was 7:00 am when I jumped out of my bed, deciding to take a shower before I went to talk to Shahbaz. I took a quick shower and wore lilac Shalwer and Kameez. I combed my hair not bothering to dry them and throwing the dupatta over my shoulder, I exited the room. Shahbaz and Aunty Maria were both staying in the guest rooms downstairs adjacent to Dad's study room. Dad was still in his room sleeping. I knocked on Shahbaz's door and waited patiently for him to open the door. I rehearsed what I had to tell him in my head, repeatedly. After five minutes of knocking I realized he was not in his room. I turned the door's knob slightly and sure enough, it was unlocked and Shahbaz was not inside.

 Groaning I went back into my room and decided to talk to him after school and with that I started getting ready for the school.

 I came back home tired and sweaty at 1:25 pm. When I entered the main gate I saw Shahbaz standing in the lawn talking on the phone, he seemed so happy about something. When he saw me he said something over the phone and ended the call. He walked towards me , smirking.

 " Hey princess, I'm glad you came. " I raised my eyebrows at the princess and said,

" What's there to be happy about? I come home everyday." I said like a matter of fact. 

" Yes but today everyone awaits you." Shahbaz said like I was supposed to know something. I gave him a questioning look before saying, 

"Shahbaz I need to talk to you about last night." I said.

" Even I need to talk to you, Neha about so many things. But hell, who has the time..." Shahbaz was saying and he was cut off by the door opening and Mom's voice saying,

" Honey? What are you doing outside, come on in. We have a surprise for you." I turned around and saw that she was not in her casual clothes. She was wearing silk's shalwer kameez and had a good amount of makeup on. I was so confused that I blurted out, 

" What the hell is going on here?" I heard Shahbaz chuckle beside me and I turned to glare at him.

 " Shahbaz, I need you to tell me what's going on!" I said in a stern voice. What Shahbaz did next took me off guard. He kept a hand on the small of my back and pulled me to him whispering, 

" Just exactly what we wanted. We are getting engage, Neha." Shahbaz whispered huskily and all I wanted to do was puke on his face. 

" What are you talking about." I said trying to myself from his deathly grip. He let go of me and smirked, 

" Let's go inside Neha, our family awaits for us there." He said before taking my hand and leading me to the entrance.My mind was all blurred from what he had said and they were going round and round in my head and I felt dizzy.