The Goddess Test ◊ L.H.

By 5sosoup

Every girl who has taken the test has died. Now it's Quinn's turn ◊ Luke Hemmings A.U. ◊ More

The Goddess Test ◊
alpha
beta
gamma
delta
epsilon
stigma
zeta
eta
theta
iota
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
lambda
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
omega || epilogue
SURPRISE SURPRISE
SEQUELLLLLL

kappa

857 31 3
By 5sosoup

Luke Hemmings ◊

Quinn Jackson.

The woman who had already captured my heart, the one who I was pretty sure I was already in love with, and the woman I wanted to be my Queen.

I have known her since she was born, and I have been able to see her grow into the amazing woman that she is today and see the love and care she has for everyone. And finally, she would be able to know the truth.

The only problem is, would she be upset with me once she finds out or will she still be as happy and carefree with me as she usually is.

It was quiet now in the library, and for once I was able to get some rest from how chaotic the manor had become since Quinns' arrival, and I was going to take full advantage of it. Cerberus was sitting beside me on the ground, when suddenly he growled as footsteps grew close.

I stood, only to see Arnold throw open the door with anger evident on his face, before I saw who he had in his grip. He was holding onto Quinn, and she was crying quietly as she looked at me.

"Arnold, what do you think you are doing? Release her this instant." I snarled, moving towards him but he held a hand up at me as he shook his head. My body coursed with anger at the sight before me, and I clenched my hands as Arnold opened his mouth.

"Luke, your girl here is dishonorable. Do you know where I found her this morning?" He snarled, gripping her arm harshly and I tensed as I stared him down, glancing at Quinn only to see tears streaming down her face.

"Let go of her, she does not deserve to be treated like that." I snapped, and he roughly shoved her away before scowling at me with his finger pointed at her.

"She was in bed with another man this morning, like some whore!" Arnold yelled, and my whole body shook with anger as she winced at his voice.

"Do not speak of her like that." I snarled, moving towards him and pointing my finger in his chest, "You have no right to speak of anyone and their activities. You do not even know what happened."

"I know that I saw her this morning in her bed with Michael, the two of them lying together. His arm was around her and they were too cozy. You really expect me to believe that everything is just fine?" He yelled, and I gasped quietly as I looked at Quinn who was now sobbing as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Luke, it isn't like that at all. Michael and I are just friends, nothing happened." She sobbed, and my heart clenched as she looked so distraught but Arnold just rolled his eyes and looked at me.

"She has failed the test," He said, but I held a hand up to silence him as I glared at him.

"Do not speak another word until Quinn has calmed down, or so help me brother, I will fight you." I snarled, and while he looked upset with me, he remained silent.

"Quinn, it is alright." I murmured, and she sniffled quietly. I opened my arms up but she remained standing where she was, crying quietly and I glared at Arnold as I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"What happened?" I asked, and she did the little soft sniffle hiccup thing that she so often does when she is extremely upset, and I wanted to smile at it but knew this was not the right time.

"Michael was upset last night, and he came into my room and we talked then he fell asleep but Luke, nothing happened. I swear." She cried, hugging me tightly and I rubbed her back as her body continued shaking.

"Why was he upset?" Arnold snapped from behind us, and I turned to glare at him once more and he scowled as he threw his hands up and rolled his eyes.

"Luke, she is so obviously lying. She's a liar and a whore, great pick." He snapped, and his words infuriated me, especially when Quinn sobbed once more.

"Quinn, leave the room," I said, but she shook her head as she pulled away.

"No." She stated, and I frowned as she wiped at her eyes but interlaced our fingers together.

"Oh, don't fall for that puppy dog crap. She's lying." Arnold said, crossing his arms over his chest and I clenched my free hand as I took a deep breath.

"Brother, if it was not for Quinn, I would have kicked your ass already, but since she is staying with me here, you are lucky." I snapped, and he scoffed as he pulled out a chair and sat down in it.

"She's telling the truth." A voice said from the doorway, and I turned to see Michael standing there with a sheepish expression on his face, with Calum behind him.

"Nothing happened." Michael said, walking into the room and standing beside Quinn, and she simply smiled up at him as he looked at Arnold.

"Of course you'd lie as well," Arnold snapped, and Calum even rolled his eyes as he walked into the room and leaned against the wall, "How long has this affair been going on?"

"There isn't an affair Arnold." Quinn yelled, running a hand through her hair and Arnold scoffed once more as he looked at her from his spot, "There couldn't be an affair."

"What do you mean, there couldn't be an affair?" Arnold said, and Quinn's eyes widened as she looked between Calum and Michael, the three sharing a knowing glance before Michael sighed and looked at Arnold.

"There couldn't be an affair, because I'm not interested in women right now." He admitted, looking to Calum and I was confused as Quinn simply smiled at him, and squeezed his hand gently.

"What?" Arnold snapped, and Calum rolled his eyes again as he looked at Arnold and then at me.

"Michael and I are together, but last night we had a fight. Michael and Quinn have been close since the beginning, and she's the only one who knows about us. We didn't want to tell anyone." Calum said, crossing his arms over his chest.

I simply nodded at the two, happy that they were together as it was none of my business who was attracted to who, as long as they are good together then it does not bother me.

Arnold simply shook with anger before he was gone, and Michael sighed as he looked between Quinn and I.

"I'm sorry about all of that, I knew Arnold would overreact so I grabbed Calum before coming down here," He said, and I nodded as the two looked at each other and back at me, "and could you please not tell anyone else?"

"Of course not Michael. I hope you know that I support you and will help you guys no matter what, especially as you two help Quinn." I said, and he chuckled as he nodded, and Michael and Quinn continued to walk out of the room, leaving Calum and I behind.

"I know you are in love with her already." Calum said, and I turned to face him, nodding in agreement as I licked my lips quickly and sighed.

"I can tell. You look at her as if she is the moon in the night sky. And yes, I mean the moon because people always say the sun but I always see people squint at it and make ugly faces. Plus the moon is much more beautiful." He said, and I rolled my eyes but enjoyed his comment.

"Thank you Calum, you are a great and true friend." I said, and he smiled at me as he nodded.

"She's a great girl mate, she'll make a beautiful queen and a beautiful wife." He said, clasping my back and walking away, allowing me to take Quinn away from Michael and I noticed that her sobs had now dissolved into just sniffles and I kissed her forehead.

"I am so sorry for Arnold and his behavior Quinn," I started, but she simply nodded as she wiped at her eyes and looked up at me.

"It's fine Luke,"

"No it is not fine, it is not fine at all. His words were wrong and said because he was upset, and that still does not excuse his behavior for being, well a dick." I said, and she giggled as she looked up at me and nodded.

"He is a dick." She said, and I chuckled as I pulled her close to me and tilted her chin, and quickly kissed her.

"What do you have planned for the day?" I murmured, kissing below her neck and I felt her blush as I smiled at her and she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you do, my King." She whispered, and I chuckled as we walked up the stairs and into her room, collapsing on her bed together.

"I hope you know that I would never cheat on you, not ever in my life." She whispered, all traces of kidding gone and I nodded as I turned on my side to face her.

"I know Quinn, you are a whole-hearted person, and I am the same way. That is what makes us so great together." I said, and she smiled as she traced along my jaw, scratching the scruff and nodded.

"I would like to show you something, well someone. I hope that you are not angry at me." I murmured, kissing her quickly and felt guilty as confusion became clear on her face.

"Never," She assured me, and allowed me to take her to where Demeter was waiting for her. I did not know how Quinn would react, but she is a calm and knowledgeable person, who also looks at me as if I could do no wrong.

"You may be confused, but I can explain it all or she can." I said, positioning her in front of a door and she furrowed her brows in confusion and I sighed as I looked down at her.

I pushed the doors open, to reveal Demeter standing there dressed in her traditional outfit, which was a beautiful emerald green dress with bits and pieces of nature all on her.

"Mom?" Quinn whispered, her hands flying to cover her mouth as she gasped while Demeter simply smiled at her and nodded. She looked confused as she looked up at me until she was running towards her mother.

"Mom, I've missed you so much." She cried, tears streaming down her face but they were all happy tears. I felt guilty hiding the truth from her, but the rest of the council had come to the decision that it was better for her not to know.

"My beautiful Q, I have heard how well you have been doing." She whispered, and I shut the door behind me as I stood against it, allowing her to have her moment.

"What? I don't understand?" Quinn said, pulling away slightly only to hug her once again.

"Q, do you remember learning about the goddess Demeter?" She asked, and Quinn nodded slightly as she stared at her mother in awe.

"You're Demeter?" Quinn asked, and Demeter now nodded and Quinn was surprised to say the least, "What?"

"Quinn, I had you because Luke has become more than close to me. He was running out of time and I couldn't just see him fade away to nothing,"

"I had you in hopes that one day you would grow to take the tests as well, and to one day become his Queen."

"So I was only born to potentially become Luke's wife?" Quinn asked, and I frowned as she looked upset.

"Originally, yes. But I have loved you just the same. You captured my heart just the way you do so easily. Quinn, you have been destined for this from the beginning."

"Why did you hide all of this from me? I just don't understand." Quinn whispered, and she backed away from her mother as she looked at her.

"It was not my decision Q. I wanted to tell you everything but I was not allowed."

"So Persephone is my sister?" She asked, anger laced in her tone and Demeter nodded as she looked at Quinn, "Great."

"So you are the goddess of agriculture?" She asked, and Demeter nodded once again.

"Yes, I am the goddess of that but I also love all things that have to do with nature."

"And that is why we always had a garden." Quinn mumbled, and I fought the smile that was coming to my lips as she looked grumpy now.

"I love you Q," Demeter said, and Quinn sighed as she nodded and hugged her mother once more.

"And I love you too." She whispered, and I smiled as she squeezed tightly before she was coming back over to me, wiping at her tears and she nodded as she looked up at me.

We walked in silence over to the backyard, where Cerberus was running freely and she sat down on the steps while I sat beside her.

"How long have you known?" She asked, and I frowned as I interlaced our fingers, kissing her head quickly before speaking.

"Since before you were born. Your mother and I, well she is the longest friend I have had on the council. Even when I was hated before, she was still too kind to me." I answered, and she sighed as she ran her hands through her hair.

"I have seen you grow into the woman that you are today, which is odd but it has also been good because I know your heart and where it lies and where it will always lie," I said, and she smiled as she leaned against me.

"Why did you suddenly decide to tell me now?" She asked, and I shrugged my shoulders as I brought our interlaced hands up and kissed the back of hers gently as I looked at her.

"I feel that there should be no secrets between us Quinn. As of now, I want to be an open book for you. I shall answer any questions you have." I answered, and she cocked a brow as she looked at me.

"I want to know about the other girls."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 3.5K 15
When a girl who doesn't believe in love and a boy who wants to fall in love, meet.
259K 7.2K 46
𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧. 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙮, 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 ?
280K 8.9K 26
when a good girl teaches a bad boy how to fake innocence
134K 6.4K 59
DaymMalumAF has added you as a friend! DaymMalumAF How do you feel about 5sos? Me I don't listen to them? DaymMalumAF So do you ship Malum? --- Cov...