The Goddess Test ◊ L.H.

By 5sosoup

Every girl who has taken the test has died. Now it's Quinn's turn ◊ Luke Hemmings A.U. ◊ More

The Goddess Test ◊
alpha
beta
gamma
delta
epsilon
stigma
zeta
eta
theta
iota
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
kappa
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
lambda
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
omega || epilogue
SURPRISE SURPRISE
SEQUELLLLLL

seventeen

776 31 3
By 5sosoup

Quinn Jackson ◊

Funerals.

I always despised the idea of them. Many people mourned the passing of their friend, relative or lover but I felt as if funerals should celebrate the person.

Celebrate their accomplishments in life, celebrate how each and every day they made the world just a little bit better, or even just celebrate how much of a difference they made in someones life.

That was exactly what my mother wanted, so when Luke offered to have a funeral service for her, I accepted. Luke provided everything I needed during the few short days I had between the last time I was in the hospital to now.

He provided each and every detail I asked, no matter how small and he provided constant reassurance and comfort to me, something not many were able to do. As of now, I was sitting at the front of the room, staring at the black casket in front of me.

Everyone had insisted on a closed casket, saying that it would protect me. It would allow me to remember my mother the way she was before the sickness took over her life.

There was a beautiful portrait above the casket, showcasing a time when my mother looked as young and as healthy as she was. It was when we were back in the city, a time where she and I were as happy as we could be.

"She was beautiful," Luke murmured, his presence startling me as he sat beside me, and adjusted his pants as he looked at me.

"She was in every sense of the word." I said, and he nodded as he placed his hand over mine, squeezing it gently and I sighed.

"Why is it that she had to pass away?" I asked, a question that I knew Luke did not know the answer to but I asked anyways, "Why is it that Death always takes away?"

"Quinn," He started, and I waved my hand as I shook my head.

"I know, Luke. It's all according to fate." I said, and he nodded with a solemn expression on his face but kissed my cheek softly.

"Once I'm immortal, I can visit her as often as I'd like?" I asked and he nodded once more, remaining quiet as we continued to sit there.

"Okay, I'm ready." I whispered, and he gave me a gentle squeeze once more as helped me stand, and we said goodbye to the casket.

***

"I admire how strong you are, Quinn. I honestly do. You have proven how strong you truly are, and that will make you into a fantastic queen one day." He murmured, linking our hands together as we walked through the grounds.

"This entire time, you have put everyone else ahead of your own needs. Many others would be grieving or wallowing in their pity, but you have proven some on the council wrong."

"Thanks Luke. It doesn't feel like it's already been two weeks if I'm honest." I mumbled, and he nodded as he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

"That is because you have been busying yourself. You have become exceptional at helping me with decisions on souls," He said, and I nodded, "You are working through the pain."

"Quinn, Luke." A voice called from across the garden and I looked to see Arnold standing there with his arms crossed over his chest and I grumbled a bit at the sight of him.

Luke squeezed my hand gently as he pulled me towards him, butterflies in my stomach as whenever Arnold was around, that meant things were not going to go in the way I wanted.

"I need to speak with Quinn," He said, and Luke nodded as he continued with me but Arnold shot him a look as he stopped him, "alone."

Luke nodded, clearly irritated but squeezed my hand tightly once more before releasing and I followed Arnold into the manor, up into one of the rooms.

I hadn't been in this room as much as the others, but I could tell that it was Arnold's room, by the decor and by how the room overlooked everything the place had to offer.

It suited him.

"Quinn, have a seat." He said, and while it was a suggestion it sounded more like a command.

"What is it Arnold?" I asked, trying to figure out why I was here and he cleared his throat slightly as he sat across from me.

"I have some questions for you," He said and I nodded as he looked around before his eyes fell on me once more. His eyes were grey, almost as if they were reflecting the way the sky looked outside currently.

They were storming, an unreadable emotion in them as he cracked his fingers and sighed as he leaned back in the chair.

"I am not going to beat around the bush Quinn, I want you to answer all of my questions." He said, and I nodded as I tried to calm myself.

"Your mother," He started, and I tensed at the words that fell from his mouth, "you loved her immensely correct?"

I felt almost insulted by his question, but nodded.

"Would you have risked anything for her?" Once again, I nodded.

"Even your future title as Queen of the Underworld?" I was more hesitant this time, unsure of what he wanted me to say.

"Yes Arnold, I would have. My mother was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would have sacrificed anything for her." I said, and he nodded as he drummed his fingers along the table.

"Would you have even sacrificed Luke?" He asked, and the question rang in my ears as I sighed, but nodded once more.

"Interesting," He murmured before he shifted in his seat so he was facing me more.

"Do you love Luke?" He asked, and I blushed but shook my head, "No? Interesting."

"I don't love him, it has been too soon. I have feelings for him yes, but love is not there yet."

"So the possibility for love is there. Do you see yourself succeeding in the tests? You have to pass five out of seven Quinn, remember that."

"I hope so Arnold, I really do. I have grown to adore each and every member of this council, and I especially have grown to adore Luke."

"I believe that he is the rightful King of the Underworld, and while I may not know much, I know that he is the best fit for it. He has ruled for this long, and deserves to rule for all eternity." I breathed out, and he nodded once again.

"Would you sacrifice yourself for Luke?" He asked, and I immediately nodded.

"I am mortal, I don't have much in my life that is as important as his. This is his last chance, I don't want to waste it." I said, and he seemed surprised by my answer.

"Interesting," He said, and I wanted to roll my eyes at the amount of times he's said interesting so far, "One last question."

"How do you feel about me?" He asked, stroking his beard as he leaned forward on the desk and I bit my lip as I thought about how to phrase it.

"I'm not going to lie to you Arnold, you are rude and arrogant, but you are also in charge so I respect you." I said, and he narrowed his eyes but nodded.

"Thank you for your honesty." He mumbled, and waved his hand as if to shoo me out. I refrained from rolling my eyes at him but was glad this little questionnaire was over.

Luke was standing outside of the door with his hands in his pockets as was leaning against the wall.

"How did it go?" He asked, and I snorted as I kissed his cheek and pulled him down the stairs with me.

"Arnold asked me some questions that I thought were pointless." I said, shrugging my shoulders until I realized how dumb I was.

"Oh my god that was a test wasn't it?" I whispered, and he chuckled as he held my hand once more, the comforting feeling back as we descended down the stairs.

"Yes, it was my dear. However I know you, and I am going to assume you passed."

"Luke, you have such blind faith in me." I murmured, and he shrugged his shoulders as he led me back into the garden. He looked impressed with how the garden appeared, but it could be so much better.

I could hear my mothers laugh if she were to see this. She wouldn't be disappointed, she would just tease me as she fixed it.

"Do you ever get memories that flash through because of one minor thing?" I asked, and he furrowed his brows but nodded.

"Your mother?" He asked, and I nodded quietly. His lips pressed into a thin line but quickly turned themselves into a smile, "tell me."

"She would laugh at how horrendous this garden is," I said and he chuckled as he rubbed my back, "and she would just tease me but then she would help."

"She was always willing to help, no matter what was going on with herself. She always put me first,"

"And she is where you learned from. You have each and every single time put someone else before you or your own needs. Quinn, that is an exceptional trait to have." He murmured, pressing his lips gently to my cheek.

"I know you are still mourning, but I was wondering if you would like to accompany me-"

"Luke, are you asking me on a date?" I interrupted, and his cheeks flashed red but nodded.

"I would love to." I said, and he grinned as he cupped my face and looked into my eyes. He had a look of pure adoration on his face, and he kissed my forehead quickly before lacing our fingers together and pulling me back towards the manor.

"Mira will help you choose the attire for the night. She knows what we are going to do but I told her to keep it a secret. Though, we all know she favors you over me." He said, and I smiled as we stopped at my door and he sighed as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You are beautiful Quinn," He murmured, leaning forward to kiss me. His lips tasted of mint, and there was a small urgency to his kiss. He pulled away, giving me a smile once more before leaving me alone.

He was still a mystery to me, and one that I was determined to figure out.

***
UPDATEEEE aye what's up?
I'm finally home from work & have three weeks until I move back into college so expect more updates!! let me know how y'all like it :-)

becca

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.4K 953 71
Just 5SOS Preferences NOT OWNED BY ME ALL FROM TUMBLR ALL RIGHTS TO THEM! But they are awesome!!! Read
LEILA By KATIE

Fanfiction

26K 712 23
「LRH Student / Teacher AU」 I do not own 5sos but I own the storyline. Thank you for reading. Kate ; @1-800-CALUM ©2016
2.7K 52 15
Imagines about 5sos and all that stuff Requests are open!