The Goddess Test ◊ L.H.

By 5sosoup

Every girl who has taken the test has died. Now it's Quinn's turn ◊ Luke Hemmings A.U. ◊ More

The Goddess Test ◊
alpha
beta
gamma
delta
epsilon
stigma
zeta
eta
iota
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
kappa
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
lambda
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
omega || epilogue
SURPRISE SURPRISE
SEQUELLLLLL

theta

1.1K 37 2
By 5sosoup

Quinn Jackson ◊

"Quinn, just remember to breath." Luke whispered, and I nodded as I took a deep breath and smiled, and he squeezed my hand as we stood there.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for coming out to this tonight. I appreciate all of you taking the time to be here, as well as catch up with everything that has been going on. But please, go back to partying." He said, nodding his head as he finished talking and everyone raised their glasses to him and I smiled as I looked at him.

He was so relaxed speaking in front of everyone, and smiled down at me as he gestured for to walk with him, and we immediately found Mira and Ashton, who were talking with someone I did not recognize.

He was an older man, with white hair and a white beard, and nodded at me as we approached.

"Quinn, this is Aeolus, God of the Winds." Luke said, and I smiled at him as I held my hand out and he shook it, his grip rough but he had a kind smile.

"It's lovely to meet you," I said, and he chuckled as nodded, but Luke was soon pulling me away to someone else. This time it was a woman, with a dress that looked like fire and her hair in a beautiful updo.

She had a feeling of warmth and comfort radiating from her, and Luke smiled as he looked at her, embracing her in a hug while I stood off to the side.

"She's beautiful Hades," She said, and gave an apologetic smile as she looked at him, "Luke, I'm sorry. I don't think I'll ever be used to your modern name."

"It is alright. Quinn, meet Hestia. Hestia has been one of my closest friends for as long as I can remember." He said, and Hestia smiled as she looked back at me.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find Mira." She said, kissing Luke's cheek before she was walking away, and I smiled as I looked at Luke.

"She's nice." I said, and he nodded as we stood there, and he held me slightly as he looked down at me.

"Are you comfortable? Or is all of this overwhelming?" He asked, and I shook my head as I glanced around.

"There are a lot of people, but I feel comfortable by your side Luke. I will meet whoever you want me to meet," I said and he smiled as he kissed my forehead quickly, "as long as we also take time and talk to them."

"Of course Quinn, we can do that." He murmured, and he turned so he was facing the people, but still had one of his arms around my waist, and I truly felt comfortable in his arms.

"If you feel uncomfortable at any moment Quinn, do not hesitate to let me know." He said, and I nodded as he started walking towards more people.

Introduction after introduction happened, and I tried so desperately to remember everyone's names as well as what they were the god or goddess of. Near the end of the dinner, I was exhausted and ready for bed.

"I am going to go and talk to everyone." Luke murmured in my ear, and I nodded as I watched him go stand in front of everyone, and command the attention to him.

"Again, I just want to say thank you all for coming tonight. It always does good to see all of us in one room together, especially now. Tonight was a big night, as many of you know, and I cannot thank you enough for being active in this,"

His voice had such authority to it, I could see why no one would ever go against him. He spoke with genuine emotion as well, that he was actually happy to see everyone at this dinner tonight.

"I also want to thank someone else for being here tonight. In the past couple of weeks, she has made me immensely happy and she has given up her time to be active and involved with me as well. So thank you Quinn, for everything so far." He said, raising his glass to me and I blushed as everyone awe'd and looked at me.

I raised my glass, smiling up at him and he nodded as he looked around, before he smiled at everyone and dismissed them. Many people vanished instantly, while some lingered around but Luke quickly made his way to me.

"Thank you, Luke." I breathed out, and he smiled at me as he nodded. He offered his hand out to me and I gladly took it, and smiled as he interlaced our fingers together.

"So what exactly are we?" He asked, and I frowned as I turned to face him, and he blushed as he looked down at me.

"We do not need a label if you do not want to, but I was just wondering." He murmured, and I shook my head quickly as he looked hurt.

"No, I do, just I was surprised that is all. I'm not exactly sure what the label would be if we did." I said, and he chuckled as he nodded, kissing my forehead and he pulled away.

"Okay, then no label. How did you do tonight?" He asked, and I shrugged my shoulders as we walked upstairs and he stopped in front of my room. I kicked my shoes off and threw them inside, and he simply smiled at me as I did so.

"Alright, I guess. It was somewhat overwhelming learning all of the names and trying to put their powers along with the names." I said, and he nodded but looked back at me once again, "I hope they all liked me."

"I am sure they did Quinn, you are a beautiful person with a kind soul, and I am sure all of them saw that tonight." He said, and I blushed as I looked down at my now bare feet.

"Thank you." I said, and he brushed my knuckles softly as we stood there, the two of us in a comfortable silence until Mira came up the stairs with Ashton on her heels, and looked at us.

"No." She said, glaring at Luke as he nodded with a scowl on his face.

"I know." He snapped, and Mira rolled her eyes as her and Ashton continued walking down the hall and into her own room, and I frowned as I looked at Luke.

"What was that about?" I asked, but Luke shook his head as he looked down at me. He chuckled as I yawned, and glanced at his wrist.

"Someone is not a night owl." He said, showing me his wrist and I laughed as it was only midnight, and I nodded.

"I enjoy my sleep Luke, I'm surprised you haven't realized that yet." I said, and he chuckled as he nodded and leaned against the door.

"Well, good night Quinn. I shall see you in the morning." He said, turning on his heel but I reached out and stopped him before he could turn completely.

"Wait, would you be comfortable being in my room?" I asked, my eyes scanning his face for a reaction but he simply blushed and nodded.

"Okay, good. Because I've gotten kind of lonely since Cerberus likes Michael and Calum more than me." I said, and he chuckled as he pushed the door opened and I immediately went into my bathroom and got out of the dress, and put on shorts and an oversized sweatshirt instead.

Luke was sitting on the edge of my bed as I left the bathroom, and he looked a bit awkward as he stood with his back straight and his fingers drumming on his thigh.

I laid on my bed, and he shifted slightly so he was facing me and I tapped the spot beside me and he licked his lips before he was lying down beside me, and I was looking into his blue eyes.

"You have the prettiest eyes I've seen." I whispered, and he smiled as he brought his hand up to my face and dragged his finger down my face and around my jaw.

"You are a beautiful soul, Quinn Jackson." He murmured, leaning forward and kissing my forehead as we laid there, and I picked up his arm and put it around me, nuzzling into his chest and he chuckled as he rubbed my back slightly.

"Tell me more about you." I instructed him, and he nodded as he dragged his finger down my back and I shivered slightly.

"I have an immense love for the fine arts; listening to music, playing instruments or admiring paintings, but I also love math which is unique." He said, pausing to look down at me and smile,

"My favorite color is blue, and not just a certain blue. I love the dark blue in the morning just before the sun rises, but I also love the light blue when the sky is not cloudy." He murmured, his voice making me sleepy but I wanted to continue learning about him.

"I lose things way too often, whether it is a book I was reading or the television remote, I will lose it." He said, and I laughed as he shook his head.

"I also care for people more than what is healthy for me, and strive to make sure everything is absolutely and utterly perfect for them, just so I know that they are happy."

"But that is one of my flaws. My first Queen, do you remember her name?" He asked, and I nodded as I thought back to the stories I had read about the first Queen and wife Luke had.

"Persephone." I whispered, and he nodded. I saw the hurt in his eyes, and I knew that he still loved her, I could see it.

"I was always trying to make her happy, buying her anything she wanted and loving her too much. As I loved her, she stopped loving me. I was not focused on the two of us as a couple, I was focused on her." He said, and I frowned as he looked hurt still, "and then one day after one of our many fights, she said she could not take it anymore. She wanted to be a mortal."

"And I loved her so much so that I listened to her, not even bothering to fight for her and I think that what I did was the final thing for her to stop loving me. Now she has her own place in Elysium, I could never let her in with just the ordinary people, not when she was once a Queen." He said, and he blinked slowly before looking at me.

"I am sorry, I should not be talking about Persephone. I got distracted and I did not think as to how you would feel." He murmured, and I shook my head as he looked upset.

"Don't apologize, I love learning more about you." I whispered, tracing the outline of his jaw with my finger and he pulled the lip ring into his mouth and played with the piercing in his lip.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked, and he quickly nodded. I leaned forward and connected our lips, and cupped his face in my hands. He reacted slow at first, but soon the kiss was more intense and his hand was gripping at my waist before he pulled away and I frowned.

"Wow." He breathed out, and I smiled as I looked up at him and shook my head, kissing him quickly once again.

"You're wow," I said and he snorted as he kissed my forehead once again before he was pulling away and standing by the post on my bed.

"Good night Quinn, I shall see you tomorrow." He said, nodding his head as he shut the door behind him and I laid in bed, thinking of how I was starting to grow feelings for the King of the Underworld.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 318 27
When a girl falls in love with a boy that she doesn't mean to fall in love with
16K 803 22
It's as if they were never meant to like each other. But who knows? They're both just falling into the fate that someone created for them. ~250...
849K 34.6K 34
❝Your blue eyes, they just pull me in.❞ © cthood 2014
25.5K 598 43
❝I want to get back to where we started.❞ in which the boy meets the girl, but things don't go as planned. they never do, do they? © 2018 by leawrit...