Unknown Colours (Destiel/Sabr...

By Gabriels_Wings

Highschool/Soulmates AU The Novak's and Winchester's live in a world where everything is grey, up until you m... More

1 - How About a Cliché Start?
2 - Dean and Cas are Forgetful Idiots
3 - Charlie Plotting and Rainbow Glitter
4 - The Trickster Gets Pranked
5 - Lying Never Helps
6 - Gabe and Cas Aren't Idiots
7 - Pranks and Totally Not a Date
8 - No Colours and More Colours
9 - From Notes to an Introduction
11 - Dean Can't English to Castiel
12 - The Beginning of Feels
13 - Yay for Cliché Carnivals
14 - A Few Feels
15 - Mall of Ships
16 - Pranks and Sabriel
17 - Sam's A Tease...So Is Gabe
18 - I Felt Bad For John
19 - Not Exactly Sleep Walking
20 - Suspicious
21 - Grey?
22 - You Promised You'd Always Be There
23 - Memories
24 - Brothers Will Always Be There
25 - A Single Man Tear
26 - Reenactment
27 - I Miss You
28 - Road to Recovery
29 - Author Feels Awkward
30 - Soulmates
31 - Under the Glow of Fairy Lights
32 - Shipping
33 - School's Out
34 - Snow Day
35 - Goodbye My Innocence
36 - These Unknown Colours
37 - Written in the Stars
38 - Memory Trip
39 - Once Again With The Fairy Lights
40 - Together
Epilogue
Author's Note

10 - The Beginning of Relationships

21.4K 1.2K 3.1K
By Gabriels_Wings

"Oh come on Sam, be a little fun," Gabriel said. Sam glared at him.

"I have pink hair," he said slowly.

"And how many people can actually see it?"

"That's not the point." Gabriel looked at Sam questioningly. "Look can you please just give me the soap to get it out?"

Gabriel sighed. "Fine."

Sam didn't mention that it was becoming a reminder that he could see colours, which just made him more confused and a bit irritated.

"Come over after school, it's stashed somewhere in my room."

Sam nodded and they went back to art class. Yet again, working on the canvas. That Gabriel had no ideas for. Sam could see out of the corner of his eye Gabriel just staring down at a blank page in his sketchbook.

"Hey Gabriel can I borrow a pencil?" Sam said suddenly.

"What? Yeah sure." He passed his pencil to Sam.

Sam set up his prank quickly, having done it many times to Dean. He passed it back to Gabriel, who took it without even looking up. And then froze when he couldn't let go of it. He looked down at the pencil and then up at Sam.

"You...seriously?"

Sam smirked and went back to his drawing, with his own pencil. Gabriel just kept looking between him and the pencil in shock. Now that Gabriel looked at it he could see the superglue on it.

Suddenly Gabe got marker out and wrote something in his sketchbook. Sam ignored it, thinking he probably just finally got an idea for their art assignment. And then he became too caught up in sketching that he noticed Gabriel go and get sticky tape.

At the end of the class Gabriel stood up quickly, patting Sam on the back in a friendly sort of way. "See you later." And then he was gone.

Sam packed up his stuff, looking down at the finished sketch. He did have a lot of ideas for the project, but had decided on the picture of golden wings. No idea why though. He just liked the colour gold.

As Sam walked through the halls, he heard people snickering and whispering around him. He looked at them and saw them all avoid his glance.

Eventually he got to where Dean was waiting. Castiel was standing with Dean and they were talking. When Sam walked up to them Cas gave him a look of confusion.

"Sam you appear to have a piece of paper attached to your back," he said.

Sam reached around to find that Castiel was right, there was a sheet of paper attached to his back. He pulled it off and read it. 'Do not touch or frighten the moose. If lost, please return to Gabriel Novak.'

Sam swore under his breath and Dean grabbed the paper from him, laughing as he read it.

"What is it with you and this guy? What did you ever do to him?" Dean asked, smiling.

"I blew up a science experiment in his face," Sam said abruptly before getting in the backseat of the Impala. Dean gave him a confused look before he got in the drivers seat, and Sam wasn't even surprised when Cas got in the car too. "Oh can you drop me off at the Novak's? Gabriel needs to give me something."

"Seriously? Since when are you two even..." Dean turned to look at Sam with a completely straight face. "Might we expect a happy announcement by the end of the week?"

Sam rolled his eyes at the Sherlock reference and Cas smiled happily.

"I understand that reference," he said happily. Dean smiled at him and Sam rolled his eyes again.

Dean dropped Sam off at Gabriel's house, and he walked in casually. He'd talked to the rest of the siblings when he burst into their house on Saturday, and they liked him due to the prank war stuff.

"Hey Sam," Becky said, smiling brightly as she saw him. "Here to prank Gabriel?"

"No, he's supposed to give me the soap for this dye," Sam said.

"Really? That's weird."

"Why?"

"He took it to school."

There was a moment of silence as Sam thought about this. Gabriel had purposely not told Sam that he had it so Sam would come over. Why?

"Heya Samsquatch."

Sam turned to see Gabriel standing in the hallway, leaning against the door. Gabe turned and ran back up the stairs, leaving Sam to follow him.

"Sam," Becky said as he started to walk off. "Don't pass off this thing you have with Gabriel as nothing. Because neither of you may know it, but it means a lot to him." She turned and left the room, leaving Sam in confusion.

Sam walked up the stairs to see a hallway of bedrooms. There was a name on each door. Castiel's door was plain, while Anna's was painted with intricate patterns. Lucifer's was black and red and looked a bit like death while Michael's was just plain white. Samandriel's was covered in pictures from different fandoms, and Balthazar's had a picture from the Titanic ripped into pieces and then there was Gabriel's. It wasn't anything like what Sam had expected. It wasn't bright or happy. Instead it was a painting of a broken house. Weird.

The door was open so Sam walked into Gabriel's room. The inside was moor like what he expected, bright colours on the walls and...He watches Doctor Who. Sam saw the pop vinyl figures and pretty much just fangirled. Which Gabriel saw.

"Nerd," he said, smiling.

"Says the person who actually has the pop vinyl Tardis," Sam replied.

"Closet nerd," Gabriel said, shrugging.

"So is Dean," Sam said.

"Wait seriously? Dean's a nerd? I thought he was into football and stuff."

"No not really. He's probably forcing Castiel to watch Doctor Who right now."

"I have a suspicion they're getting quite close," Gabriel said, almost cautiously. Sam narrowed his eyes at him.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, since Cas found out Dean had a soulmate and everything..." Gabriel said, letting his sentence trail off for Sam to make his own assumptions.

Sam, being the genius, figured out exactly what Gabriel was trying to indirectly say. "Is Castiel Dean's soulmate?"

Gabriel shrugged innocently, and Sam thought about it for a few moments. It did make sense, they only started hanging out after the party, probably having met from Castiel looking for his soulmate. And of course Cas wouldn't tell Dean with the way Dean talked about soulmates.

Gabriel went to where his bag was, pulling out a bottle and throwing it to Sam. Sam caught it expertly and inspected it. Then he poured a bit out.

"No," Sam said. "You're not going to dye my hair blue."

"Aww but Sammy," Gabriel whined.

"Don't call me Sammy," Sam said. "Sammy is a chubby 12 year old."

"You're no fun," Gabriel muttered. "How'd you know it was blue?"

Sam shrugged. "It's a dark shade. Most likely blue or something similar."

Gabriel glared and pulled a second bottle from his bag. Sam checked this one but there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Sam put the bottle in his bag and made a move to leave the room but Gabriel reached out and grabbed his arm. But didn't say anything, instead looking like he was surprised at what he just did.

"What?" Sam asked.

"Uh...would you maybe like to stay a bit longer?" Gabriel said awkwardly, letting go of Sam's arm. "I don't normally get many people over...so maybe we could do something fun?"

"How do I know you're not going to prank the hell out of me?" Sam asked.

"Because. We'll be too busy pranking my siblings." Gabriel did his signature eyebrow waggle and Sam couldn't help but smile back.

~~

"So why exactly am I here today?" Castiel asked Dean. Dean had asked him to come over with what seemed like urgency.

"Because I'm going to help you with the soulmate situation," Dean replied. He sat crosslegged on the couch facing Cas. "We are going to figure out how to make this guy want you. Maybe a little less straight forward considering the circumstances."

"So then what?"

"Judging by how you normally act, I'm guessing you're not going to make the first move," Dean said. "So you're going to make him want to."

"How?" Castiel asked. Dean thought for a moment.

"Try flirting with him. Just small things like over exaggerated movements or going out of your way for him to see you more often. This'll probably get his attention at least."

"I..um.." Castiel coughed awkwardly. "I don't know how to flirt."

"Seriously?" Dean asked. "Wow you're like a baby in a trench coat." Yeah but he's my baby in a trenchcoat—I mean wait what, brain you're doing it again. I mean come on, you're talking to him about his soulmate right now.

"I never had the occasion," Castiel said, shrugging. Dean sighed.

"Well I feel like you wouldn't get the concept of it anyway," Dean said. "You could also try just asking him out, not on a date but just friends going out someplace." Isn't that what you did to him last week? Oh shut up brain.

"I guess that could work," Castiel muttered, thinking about something.

"Also, if you go over to his place, try getting in one of those awkward situations," Dean said. "Like when you're being strangely close or you accidentally fall onto him or something."

"How would I do that?" Castiel asked. "It'd be obvious it was on purpose."

"You just have to be subtle," Dean said, smiling. "Like this." He leapt forwards and started tickling Cas, who yelled in protest and tried to shove Dean off. But Dean grabbed his wrists and pressed them to the back of the couch, having already moved so that he was basically straddling Cas while he was tickling him.

"See," Dean said. "Subtle."

"Not really," Castiel said. He pushed suddenly against Dean's grip, which Dean wasn't prepared for. Dean fell backwards off the couch but he was still holding Castiel's wrist so they both fell to the floor. Although Castiel seemed prepared for it, so he landed safely on his knees and hands.

On top of Dean.

"Subtle is making it seem like an accident," Castiel said, smirking slightly at Dean.

"Wait you..." Dean's eyes widened. "Woah maybe you should teach me." Castiel laughed a bit.

Neither of them noticed John walk into the room at this moment. John just looked at them once, chuckled to himself and left the room.

About half a minute passed with neither Cas or Dean saying anything. They seemingly got caught up in each other's eye colour again.

His eyes are blue, Dean's brain told him.

Yeah no shit brain.

Don't you get it, blue. The only memory from that night was blue. And it's the same damn blue.

Meanwhile, a sudden switch to Castiel's thoughts. Holy shit I'm pretty much lying on top of Dean what am I doing what was I thinking why has he not pushed me off I'm still here and he hasn't said anything he's just staring at me why is he staring at me should I do something what should I do.

And back to Dean. Wait why hasn't he moved?

"So..." Dean said awkwardly. "We just going to hang out on the floor all day?"

Castiel immediately jumped off Dean, sitting back on the couch awkwardly. "Sorry," he said.

"Don't be, it was practice," Dean said. "Do that to your guy and something will almost definitely happen." Castiel didn't say anything, deep in thought yet again. "Hey I was wondering, how did you meet your soulmate?"

"Oh it was just a normal high school meeting," Castiel replied. "Nothing special."

"How long ago was it?" Dean asked.

"Maybe a couple of weeks?" Castiel asked.

Dean nodded slowly but wasn't convinced. Castiel didn't seem like the type of guy who wouldn't know that sort of thing down to the exact minute. So that means he was avoiding the topic.

"How'd you meet your soulmate?" Castiel asked suddenly.

"I was drunk at a party," Dean said. "I don't remember them."

Castiel just gave him a sympathetic and an almost sad look. Why does he look sad? Dean thought. It's not like...he...oh god it's him it's Cas.

"Cas," Dean said slowly and cautiously. "Am I...am I your soulmate?"

~~

And that's a great way to end the chapter :D

So this is now almost at 400 reads. That's like an extra 100 since the last chapter. Woah. Readers, you guys are awesome :D

Yeah so I literally couldn't keep Dean and Cas from finding out. I swear my writing has a mind of its own. But its really hard to keep them talking about soulmates and not find out about the other. But...that doesn't mean everything's going to be okay just yet...

Random thought, do you think they'll bring Chuck back in season 11 of Supernatural? Coz that would be awesome :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

720K 22.4K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
618K 37.7K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
42.7K 1.5K 20
The Golden Trio have returned for their eighth year at Hogwarts in order to make up for the seventh year lost to the war. Old grudges are being reas...
105K 2.5K 84
Malec stories That's all I have to say And you probably don't want to read them Cause they're crappy