Faceoff

By cal_fromthehood

"It's my job, I can't just drop everything for you." Jonathan scuffed, throwing clothes in his bag. He glance... More

Chapter 1- Game Day
Chapter 2- I'm Not a Hawks Fan!
Chapter 3- The Game
Chapter 4- The Blues
Chapter 5- I Hate Schwartz
Chapter 6- Showtime
Chapter 7- Playoffs Baby
Chapter- First Date?
Chapter 9 -Wild Game 1
Chapter 10- Double Trouble
Chapter 11-Partayyy
Chapter 13 -Who is that?
Chapter 14- Teenagers
Chapter 15 -Deke
Not an update
Chapter 16 -What Is Love?
Chapter 17- Familia
Chapter 18- California
Chapter 19- War
Chapter 20 -Artists
Chapter 21- Bennie
Chapter 22 -Galaxy
Chapter 23- Go Cubs Go
Chapter 24 -We Are The Champions
Chapter 25 -Wuthering Heights
Chapter 26 -It's Vegas Baby
Chapter 27 -Waking Up In Vegas
Chapter 28 -Wedding Bells
Chapter 29 -Kiddos
Chapter 30 -I Love You
Chapter 31 -Winnipeg
Chapter 32 -Soulmates
Chapter 33 -Mr. And Mrs. Oshie
Chapter 34 -The Goodbye
Chapter 35 -Dallas Baby
Chapter 36 -New Beginnings
Chapter 37 -Welcome Home
Chapter 38 -Bear Down
Chapter 39 -Falling
Chapter 40 -DC
Chapter 41 -The News
Chapter 42- Bootiful
Chapter 43- I Love You
Chapter 44 -Epilogue Part 1
Chapter 45- Epilogue Part 2

Chapter 12- Life's a Beach

513 7 1
By cal_fromthehood

"Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for it." -Katharine Whitehorn

Natalie's P.O.V

All I could hear was Patrick screaming. My eyes flung open and Jonathan's face was inches from mine. He didn't seemed fazed by all the noise though. His eyes were still peacefully screwed shut and his arm was slung loosely over me. I managed to wiggle out of his grasp and made my way down their hallway. Patrick stood at the end with a huge smirk covering his face.

"What's wrong with you." I asked, attempting to find a mug for the coffee he brewed.

"You and Jonny totally hooked up!" He shouted, pulling me in for a hug.

"No we didn't! You assholes wouldn't shut up last night so I came here."

"Sure you did." He winked. "Wanna make me eggs?" I nodded, pulling out everything I needed. I made bagels, bacon and sausage as well. Patrick was shoveling the food in his mouth by the time Jonny actually got out of bed. His hair was sticking up in every direction and his eyes were still puffy from sleep.

"Looking cute, babe." I laughed, handing him

"Shut up." He leaned in for a kiss, but I dodged it, earning a glare from him.

"Your breath smells. But anyway, I've got to go home." I gathered my clothes from the night before and quickly cleaned up the dishes. Jonny grabbed my wrist before I could leave.

"Where are you going? I thought we could hang out before I left."

"I've just got an interview. I'll stop by before you leave." He released my arm and leaned against the door frame.

"Okay, bye I'll see you later." He smiled, pressed his lips lightly to mine.

"Bye, babe."

*****

I glanced at myself in the mirror, thinking I looked pretty good. I was wearing a pretty basic gray dress with a black blazer and little black heels. My blonde hair was curled loosely and for the first time in months, I wore lip stick. The meeting was pretty casual and to be completely honest, I didn't want the job that bad. It was at a pretty big company in the heart of the city. But it was a marketing job. I majored in Business and Communications. I actually had a job with the Blues a while ago doing community activities and I would love to have that again.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kyle." A man, or should I say boy, greeted me. He looked no more than 2 or 3 years older than me. "I'm just gonna ask you a couple questions about your resume. I see you worked for the Blues organization. What made you look into this type of work?"

"Well to be completely honest, there's not as many opportunities for me in Chicago."

"I'm not going to lie to Natalie," Kyle stated. "You're way too qualified for this job. But since you have a background in sports, I may be able to help you out. I'm friends with the coach of the Cubs and I know the franchise is looking for someone to help with charity events. I could get you an interview if you'd like."

"Thank would mean a lot to me. Thank you."

"I'll have them give you a call. Have a nice day."

I jumped back in my Lexus with a huge smile on my face. Growing up in the Midwest I was pretty much forced to love baseball. Unlike everyone in St.Louis, I was a huge Cubs fan. It didn't make much sense growing up since the Cubs were awful, but they were actually doing alright now. If I could get a job with them I would probably die. I changed into running shorts and a tee shirt, running towards the boys house.

"Kane guess what." I shouted, knowing he was a huge Cubs fan. "I got an interview with fucking Joe Maddon."

"What! How? I can barely get a meeting with him!" He yelled, punching my arm. I winced because let's be real, I was weak. Jonny walked in giving both of us the stink eye.

"Why are you guys always screaming around each other?"

"Because Kaner and I like to party." We both cheered, high fiving and then erupting in a heap of giggles.

"Someone explain why I choose to hang out with you guys." He laughed, throwing his bag over his shoulder. "How was your interview."

"Amazing! I'm getting an interview with the Cubs!"

"Congrats babe." He smiled, kissing me. "Peaks we've got to go."

"Nat you should just come to Minnesota." Patrick joked. I responded with a plain laugh, making my way to the door.

"Wait really you should! Chaunette, Amanda and I think TJ are all going. I'll buy you a ticket!"

"No, I'm not gonna go, sorry. You'll be home in like four days." He sighed, wrapping his arms around my waist. He rested his forehead against mine.

"I should probably get going then."

"Just win these so you can have a break. Okay?"

"Anything for you." We smiled for a brief second, connecting our lips before he ran out the door. I made my way back to Nana's house. Mark was perched on a bar stool in the kitchen eating some of the food Nana left us. She'd been Arizona for the past week visiting her friends.

"Hey, how was the interview?"

"It was great." I gushed. "Can we go to the beach? I've never been and it's super hot out."

"Sure just get dressed, I'll meet you down here in 5." I jogged upstairs and searched through my bathing suits, picking out a plain black one. I pulled a plain dress over myself and slipped my feet into flip flops. My hair was thrown in a sloppy ponytail and I pulled on my Ray Bans. Mark and I hopped into my car and we drove towards the beach. We found a spot near the back since families tended to be closer to the water.

"I'm gonna go buy some water, want one?" He asked and I nodded. I peeled off my dress and started applying sunscreen. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a guy around my age staring at me. Purely from instinct, I dialed my most recent contact. Which happened to be Corey.

"Hey Nat what's up?"

"Sorry to call you, there's just this creepy guy at the beach and I wanted to make it look like I was busy."

"We're about to take off. Do you want to talk to Jonny?"

"No, sorry to bother you. I'm probably just over reacting." I hung up and attempted to find Mark in the crowd. Why the hell were there so many people here on a Monday afternoon. The guy made a beeline for me, a creepy smirk covering his face.

"Hey baby, what are you doing here all alone. I can keep you company." A couple months ago, I might've found this guy attractive. He had blonde hair and adorable green eyes. His body wasn't too bad either, but he was the opposite of good looking right now. I mean, I had the most handsome boyfriend I could ever imagine.

"I've got a boyfriend."

"That won't stop me." He smirked. Out of no where came another guy. They looked like they could be friends. But they clearly weren't when the new guy shoved the perv out of no where.

"Dude she clearly isn't into you. Get out of here." The perv scurried away, clearly not used to be rejected. "I'm Jake, sorry about that guy. You don't deserve that."

"Thank you so much. I'm Nat by the way."

"Could I get your number by any chance?"

"I've got a boyfriend." I snapped. I rarely got hit on by guys, yet this was the second time today.

"No no, not like that! I just moved here so I don't really know many people here."

"Well, then yeah I guess. All of my friends are in Minnesota so when they get back I could introduce you if you'd want."

"You honestly don't know how much that means to me. Chicago is nothing like Dallas." So that's what his accent was.

"I get you. I just moved from St. Louis."

"You bandwagoned that quickly?" He asked, gesturing to the hawks hat I'd bought earlier that week. Jonny had pretty much begged me to get something to prove I was a "fan".There was no way I was spending money on a jersey when Mark and Jonny's were perfectly fine.

"No not really. My boyfriend is sorta a player on the team."

"Shut the fuck up, no he isn't." When I didn't budge his face lit up. "Who is it?"

"Mr Captain Serious. Look whose bandwagoning now." I smirked, knowing he a Star's fan due to the shirt he was wearing. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Everyone likes the Blackhawks. It's just a thing. It's like hating the Leafs or Penguins."

"I don't like them!" I threw my hands up in mock defense.

"Well you're just weird then. Wanna get a drink tomorrow and watch the game?"

"Yeah, that sounds like a great plan." I smiled. For the first time since coming to Chicago, I might've actually made a normal friend. And the idea couldn't be more exciting.

So in the past 2 days I've discovered 2 really weird things about myself. First off, I'm very very attracted to goalies. But not just a few goalie, like everyone. But only if they're in their gear and stuff. Second (which is terrifying) is that I don't hate the Bruins as much as I thought I did. Not saying I like them, but I don't despise them like I thought I did.

Q: Are you from the city, suburbs or a different state?

A:Suburbs, about an hour outside of the city.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 749 51
Jonathan isn't ready for his life to change. He hates where he is at right now but he doesn't know how to make it better either. Ariana's life chang...
111K 1.7K 32
Alice: 5'4", medium length brown hair, light gray eyes, petite build. Alice was shy, kept to herself, and she liked it that way. Patrick was a supe...
8.5K 198 20
At the age of six my life changed Most parts of it rearranged Red hair and hazel eyes I found myself raised by two guys That acted like I was their...
148K 2.4K 70
Sometimes things don't work out the way they were supposed to be. Just ask Alexis Martin, a 24 year old girl who has been left to fight for her life...