Never Let Go - Danisnotonfire...

De phangirlingweirdo

- won first place in the summer 2015 x reader fanfiction awards - You feel like your life is one big existent... Mais

a/n: disclaimer
Introducing You...
Landlord Peasant
And So It Begins...
Don't Stalk Me!
Hello Internet!
Too Many Innuendos...
Twenty Questions
"My Rambling is... Cucumber?"
The Interview
"What is my life?!"
Abused... Bruised... Alone?
The Aftermath
Diagnosis and a Tour
Pizza and a Close Call
Annoying Cashier
Advice with Dan
Skyping Feels
Youtube...?
Spaghetti and Damp Clothes
Stay with me...
Soggy Cereal
Artistic Attempts
Heart-to-Hearts in a Cupboard
Hangover
Awkward... >.<
Llamaaaa :3
Guitar Hero
Danosaurs be craaazzzyyy
"A winky friendship is a good friendship."
Pancakes
Sherlock is Bae
Movie Marathon
Advice with Phil *cue jingle*
Shiz happens.
"You're ruining my liveshow!"
Waffles and Horror Movies
Awkward Experiences
Cooking and Arguments
Friends Again...?
Phan... Sorta.
The Inner Badass
Twister and Ice Cream
The Deep, Dark World of Tumblr
Visitors
GULLIBLE.
The Fairground
Looking for the Lion
The Postman ruins Everything.
Announcements and Turnips
Gertrude...
Third Video!
Mario Kart and Liveshows
a/n: omg!
Shopping and Cereal
Stirfry and Complete Failures
Zoe's Party - Part One
Zoe's Party - Part Two
The Worst Party Ever?!
Twitter Troubles
CACTUS ASSAULT
Making Up and Strange Dreams
Treeee!
Minty
Phil's Date
Piggy Backs
Salted Caramel Brownies
a/n: 2k?!
The London Eye and Games
Phangirls and Embarrassing Phil
Anxious Thoughts...
Nostalgia and Vegetable Pie
Coincidence? I think not...
a/n: 3k! omw 0-0
Search and Find
Sudden Realisations
Morning Breath Kisses
Hiccups and Phone Conversations
Midnight Magic
Nightmares and Lucky Charms
a/n: 5k! :D
Cards Against Humanity and Codes
Decoding and Panicking
Sickness and Cuddling
Noodles and Theories!
The Big Reveal...
Cookies and Queries
Teasing ^v^
Decorating and Christmas!
Brighton Beach
Never Let Me Go
Bonus Chapter - Minty's Real Name
Answers to the Character Ask

Alpacalypse.

11K 492 1K
De phangirlingweirdo

You groan and turn over in the bed, trying to get more comfortable. Dan's snoring softly next to you. You find a more comfortable way to lie.

You're about to close your eyes again when you spot light coming through the crack under your door. Someone must have left the landing light on.

You sigh and lift Dan's arm off your waist, setting it back down gently on the duvet, so you don't wake him up. You pad across the bedroom floor in your bare feet, towards the door.

You yawn and grab the doorknob, only to burn your hand. You pull it back hurriedly and inspect it for burn marks. There are none, but it still stings.

You look at the door, puzzled. You grab a dressing gown and put it over your hand to protect yourself from the hot doorknob, and turn it, opening the door.

A bright orange light sears your eyelids, and heat rushes into the room. A sour smell hangs in the air - smoke.

You bring your hand up to your face and run back into the room. You shake Dan's shoulders urgently.

"Dan!" You choke out, coughing from all the smoke. "There's a fire - wake up!"

He groans and sits up slowly, rubbing his eyes. "W-What?"

"There's a fire! Get out of bed!" you repeat, shouting over the noise of the flames.

His eyes widen and he throws the duvet off him quickly, looking out the bedroom door, where the flames crackle and flicker menacingly.

You hear an ear-splitting cracking, crunching sound. You walk cautiously over to the door of your bedroom, and see that the stairs have collapsed due to the heat. Now there's no way to get to the front door - no way to escape.

You give Dan a look of pure terror. "Dan... we're going to die..."

Tears prick at the corners of your eyes, and your vision goes blurry. Dan puts his arms around you, and gives you a quick, tight hug.

"Y/n, we are not dying tonight. There has to be another way to get out... How high is the window from the ground?" he asks.

You wipe your eyes and cough again. "We're on the third floor, we can't jump from here!"

He runs a hand through his hair. "Is your phone still working?"

You look over to the bedside table, where your phone is sitting. You run over and grab it. You look back at the flames anxiously. They're spreading quickly across the carpet, completely destroying it.

You chuck the phone to Dan, who catches it and starts dialling for the ambulance (999, because this is set in England).

There's a sudden pain in your foot, making you yelp in pain. Your foot is being attacked by the flames. The stinging is so intense, tears start streaming from your eyes. You run over to Dan again, limping.

He gives you a worried look. "Yes," he says into the phone. "Please hurry!" He sets it down and looks at your foot. "Holy f***, Y/n!"

"Is it bad?" you manage to ask, wincing.

He gulps and nods slowly. "I've decided what we can do. Help me push the mattress out of the window!"

You nod and bite your lip in pain as you stub your toe on the edge of the bed.

Way to go, Y/n.

You lift one end of the mattress, and Dan lifts the other one. Together, you manage to squash it out of your (luckily) big window and drop it onto the grass below. Dan grabs the duvet and all the plushies he can carry, throwing them onto the mattress too.

You look back towards the door. The flames are now only halfway across the room, slowly advancing towards you both.

"What about Mum?" you splutter, coughing as more of the thick smoke enters your lungs.

Dan looks back towards the door. "She's clever, she'll get out."

You nod slowly, the smoke stinging your eyes. He smiles and picks you up gently. He sets you on the windowsill, and climbs up beside you.

Your stomach lurches as you look towards the ground. You take deep breaths, and look towards Dan, who seems to be as anxious as you.

He looks up and catches your eye. "Get ready to jump off."

"Okay," you reply, shuffling forward to the edge of the windowsill.

"Scared?" he asks you, grasping your hand firmly.

You nod and grimace.

"Me too," he replies, giving you a small smile and launching you both off the windowsill.

The last thing you hear are the sirens wailing.

*le time skip*

Dan's POV:

I blink in the blinding white light. My throat feels raw and dry. I look at my body, and see a hospital gown. I catch sight of a nurse on the other side of the room.

"N-Nurse-" I choke out, gasping in pain.

She looks up and runs over to the side of my hospital bed. "Don't talk, it'll hurt your throat."

Yeah, I know.

I look round the room. Y/n - where's Y/n? I struggle in the bed and call out her name urgently. I sit up, and almost pass out. My head pounds, and I clutch it, scrunching my eyes shut.

I feel a hand on my chest gently pushing me back down into a lying position. I struggle against it.

"Where is she?! Y/n, Y/n!"

"You need to calm down. Lie back on the bed, please," the nurse commands.

I shake my head and try to get out of the bed. The nurse presses a button, and several other nurses come running through the door. They grab me and put me back on the bed.

"No, I need to see her!" I cry out, shaking the nurses off.

I feel a prick in my arm, then I pass out.

Nurse Emily's POV:

I watch the young man slump back onto his pillows, his eyes closing. I absolutely hate drugging people, but sometimes it's necessary to do so for their safety, and the safety of others.

My colleagues step back from the hospital bed, panting slightly.

"What was he so worked up about?" I ask my friend, Jenni.

She shrugs. "He was talking about someone called Y/n. Probably his girlfriend."

"Oh..." I say, trailing off. "Why's he here in the first place?"

"There was a house fire, and he jumped out of a third-story window onto a mattress, which didn't cushion his fall very well. He's badly bruised, and has a few cuts. He inhaled a lot of smoke, too," she replies, sighing. "He's kinda hot, don't you think?"

I hum in agreement. Jenni and I make our way out of the room he's in and go to the cafeteria to get a cup of coffee. I only just started doing night shifts, and it's hard to get used to. Coffee is my saviour.

We sit down with our paper cups of coffee and chat, mainly gossiping.

The buzzer on my belt goes off, meaning someone wants help with something. I check the screen - it says Ward 22. I roll my eyes and dump my coffee in the bin as I exit the cafeteria.

Once I get to Ward 22, I see an old woman beckoning me over. Her name's Maggie, and she has a broken knee, from falling down the stairs or something.

I make my way over to her, and she clasps my arm.

"Could you get me a cuppa, love?" she asks me.

I smile and nod, going out of the room and down the corridor to the cafeteria.

"Make way!" I hear someone shout from behind me.

I look over my shoulder and see a hospital bed being rushed towards me, being pushed by several paramedics and some of my fellow nurses. I flatten myself against the wall so the people can get past.

Out of curiosity, I look at the person on the bed. It's a young female, who's very pretty, I must admit. She's crying out and screaming, probably because of her leg, which looks severely burned.

She brushes my hand as the people rush the hospital bed.

"Find Dan," she whispers weakly.

A/N: This is a little bit short, sorry :/ I just felt like this was a good place to end the chapter xD

In case you haven't guessed, the girl on the hospital bed is you >:3

Bye!

P.S. I'm sorry if I gave you a heart attack :P

P.P.S. Do you want the mum to live or die? I'm gonna let you guys decide!

Continue lendo

VocĂȘ tambĂ©m vai gostar

750K 21.7K 32
Moving to London, finally. New people, new home, new life. You can forget all of your problems back in North America, with the help of someone specia...
267 13 13
These are the entries I wrote about a guy who broke my heart, and he hasn't read a single word. "You won the breakup," I tell him. "Congratulations...
7.7K 262 20
This is a Dan x Reader fanfic (mostly for girls, sorry guys xD) You enter a contest to meet Dan and Phil but the only problem is it's for Uk people o...
163K 5.8K 19
I'll try to write a Dan x reader fanfiction. it was inspired by: @BoringStar's story - Waking up married to Dan (Danisnotonfire x reader) (AmazingPhi...