Degrassi: Bitter Love

By Chrissi_B

Original Television Production of Season 12 of Degrassi. Drama like you've never seen it before! More

Promo 1
Promo 2
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Final Episode: Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Final Episode: Episode 24

Episode 8

67 0 0
By Chrissi_B

Episode 8 : TWO-FACED

               Holly J. Sinclair was busy at her laptop in the middle of the night. She was tapping away so furiously one would say she looked possessed as the luminescence of the monitor intensified her face. She was obviously tired and yawned every other minute, but she was determined. She had to do anything to avoid going to sleep with a broken heart. Something she had been trying desperately not to do for over the last couple of days. And it wasn't very easy. She had really loved Sav. Perhaps to marry him one day and now he was going to get married to someone else. How unfair could life be?

"I'm finished," she said shocked to no one in particular. She shook her head and tried searching frantically for anything else she could possibly do, "What now?"

She turned off the laptop and turned around on her bed and she looked up at her ceiling. She then turned and looked at a photo of her and Sav on the wall. She smiled sincerely and then she got up and took off the picture. She looked at it for quite a long time, "Why can't I get over you?" She became immediately sad, "Maybe if I could just see you one more time, then I could give you one last tongue-whipping," she quirked. 

At that precise moment she heard the doorbell ring and she became immediately worried. Who would be calling at eleven o'clock at night. She put on her bedroom slippers and she exited her room. "Alright, I'm coming," she said annoyed. She looked through the peephole and then she froze for a minute before she finally flew open the door.

"Why are you doing here?" There was a distinctive menace in her voice as she said so.

"I'm fighting for our love," was the only response Sav could give. He looked sincere and poetic as he stood outside in the pouring rain, holding nothing but a single red rose. He handed it to her to which she just simply stared. 

"You're engaged, remember?" she said matter-of-factly.

Sav shook his head, "I'm here - freezing and wet. I tried to stop thinking about you but I just can't. I'm fighting for you - you, Holly J."

Holly J. took the rose and smiled beside herself. He looked so pathetic she couldn't help herself. 

"Why am I such a sucker for romance?" she smiled and tugged on his shirt collar and pulled him into one big liplock, not minding that she was getting wet as well. "So the Indian wife is definitely out of the picture?"

"Absolutely," Sav said and then he realised he was still wearing his wedding band and he took it off and swiftly placed it in his pants pocket without being so obvious about it. He knew he was doing the right thing, but now he was trying his best not to slip up. He looked up at her with a goofy grin, "No Indian wife. Just you."

Holly J. nodded appreciatively. Who knew how one minute you could be filled with so much disgust and then the next you're giddy with love? 

[theme song]

                "What do you mean she almost saw it?" questioned Drew annoyed. He was sitting in his bedroom and was having a web-chat with Sav.

"But, she didn't, and that's what counts," Sav assured.

"You're walking on thin ice, pal. Had she seen that ring, you'd be gone in a hurry," Drew reminded him, "You have a wife who's waiting for you to come home."

"A wife that I have no real emotional connection to," bribed Sav.

"A wife, nonetheless," argued Drew, "You have to tell Holly J. the truth."

"I was so close to doing just that, but then I told her I was getting married, when in fact I was already married for two whole months." whined Sav, "I've been thinking it through for the last week. I can't give up Holly J. and divorce does not exist when you're Muslim either."

"I guess love isn't exactly on our either of sides," commented Drew, "Your sister found out about me and Jenna."

"And how did she react?" Sav became immediately worried. He knew that his sister was going through a very intense ordeal; finding out that the boy who she blames for putting her in that position in the first place is now dating her close friend was probably going to send over the edge, no matter how much she pretended to be happy and carefree.

"Well, let's just say, Jenna and her are not on speaking terms. She pushed her down."

"Alli?" He could not believe that Alli could do such a thing, but then again, she wasn't exactly stable at the moment.

Drew nodded, "I hate to say it but your sister has lost her mind. Jenna was already hurt when she pushed her down."

"Alli's going through something," Sav became quiet, "She didn't go back to school to face you - she went back there to have her real friends back."

"By attacking them? What happened between me and her was ages ago."

Sav sighed heavily, "Look, I have to go. I have a really big decision to make and this isn't exactly making matters any better." He looked up at Drew with anxious, earnest eyes, "Please, give Alli some space, OK. You think you can do that for me, if nothing else?"

Drew shook his head, "I guess I could try." He turned off the web-chat and then he mumbled to himself, "For now."

!-0_0-!

               "I hate him," steamed Connor from the bench. He was outside next to Dave and Adam, who were courteous to sit on the seat rather than atop. "How could she like him at all!" He continued in disgust. He did not like the idea that Wesley and Angie were talking and laughing so openly with one another and they were actually holding hands and looking into each other's eyes. It made him sick. That was suppose to be him. 

"Easy," Adam tried to calm his friend, noticing just how fired up he was, "She made her decision."

"Just get over it," Dave said easily, "Like I did with Alli."

"Because Sadie came along," Connor huffed. He gave his friend one, fiery look which looked even more menacing behind his thick glasses.

"At least I just didn't just had a breakup," commented Dave sharply.

"You don't know why I broke up with Clare," he replied intensely.

"Because she's beginning to become friendly with her ex," Dave continued, "The whole school's been talking. Jealousy's a pain in the butt."

"I'm not jealous."

"Of course you're not," Dave responded sarcastically.

Adam got up from his seat, "Sitting down staring at people is not my favourite pastime." He took up his backpack but stopped in his tracks when he noticed his pals' eyes boring through him, "What?"

"Why does your voice sound like that?" asked Connor perplexed.

"Higher and more feminine," added Dave.

Adam merely smiled at them earnestly and continued speaking in the strange voice, "This is how I really sound."

The boys watched him curiously.

"But I thought you-" but Connor was interrupted as Adam continued.

"Not anymore. I'm just being Adam until next month, and then...."

"And then...." begged Dave.

"You guys will see the real me," Adam turned and walked away leaving the two boys baffled.

[ads]

           "Now was that so hard to do," cheered Adam as he watched his best friend on the computer who was busy tapping in the last bit of info for his profile on the school's Valentine's Day match-up.

"What's the point of this again?" Eli asked solemnly, he closed off the webpage, "It's not going to get me Clare."

"It will be fun," pleaded Adam, "And besides, now you've entered I'm sure there'll be a great girl out there waiting for you at the party."

"Yeah. Right." He was not so sure about that outcome, "Thanks for helping me fill it out anyways."

"No, problem." Adam said excitedly as he huddled closer, "That's what friends are for, right?"

"You sound suddenly different," commented Eli with wide-opened eyes. He was more scoffing than shocked.

"I'm glad you noticed," Adam's voice became softer now and he was staring into the eyes of his best friend longingly.

"OK, then." Eli said becoming immediately worried and he knew something was definitely going on that wasn't quite right but he preferred not to find out, "I've got to go." He took up his backpack that laid carelessly on the table next to the computer, however he was stopped by Adam's hand on his who had begged him to stop. He decided not to get up and became more relaxed in his seat. Why was he such a good friend? He wasn't really interested in his best friend's dilemma, whatever it may be at the present moment. He had too much on his own plate at the moment.

"What would you say if I wanted to be Gracie now?"

"I would hope so if you're going to be walking around talking like that," teased Eli. He was basically giggling at his own joke, "I don't care. As long as we're friends, right? But, it is kinda strange that all of a sudden..." His sentence was lost as he found himself caught off-guard by a passionate kiss. Strangely, though, he was actually enjoying himself.

Bianca was walking past and happened to come just in time to see the very strange sight going on in the computer class. She stood there looking very perplexed and disgusted, "Ugh." She stomped off down the hall to which Eli suddenly came to his senses and he pushed Adam off of him and he got to his feet. He was frantically wiping off his mouth and coughing as though he had just tasted something disgusted, "What's wrong with you?" He was exasperated now. 

Adam got to his feet and was suddenly frantic, "I shouldn't have done that, but I can't help myself." He was trying to explain himself but he was talking so fast, "That was foolish of me. I'm sorry. Don't hate me."

Eli rested the backpack on his shoulders and was eyeing him evilly and shook his head. He was almost out the door when he stopped as Adam spoke. He dared not turn around.

"I know you felt something," Adam was sincere and his deep, manly voice  now spoke, "Can't we just talk-"

Before he got any further in his speech, Eli was out the door, leaving him feeling both embarrassed and devastated. He had tried for the last two weeks to fight his feelings but convincing his best friend to sign up for the Valentine's Day party was more than enough ammunition to fuel his desirous plans and the emotions of what could be on that day were erupting. Now that they kissed and he was sure that they had a real connection, he was even more infatuated more now than ever. And he wasn't going to give up on him, but was he was willing to face the consequences? He wasn't so sure he was.

!-0_0-!

               Despite the excitement and the hustling and bustling of the airport, Sav felt like the only person in the world. He was standing outside of the waiting lounge as he was very unsettled both mentally and physically. He couldn't stand sitting down any longer because he was forced to see the big-screen monitor displaying flights travelling to India and that made him think of his wife. And now, even though he thought he was finally cured, he still found himself thinking about his newly-wed. He took out the ring out of his pants pocket and stared at it with frightened eyes. He hadn't dared look at it since last night. And just when he thought he was sure he was doing absolutely the wrong thing, Holly J. suddenly appeared. He clutched the simple, golden band in his right hand and hid it behind his back.

"I shouldn't be here, I get that," greeted Holly J. as she walked up to him.

Sav nodded, "I only signed up to stay for a few days, I wasn't sure how things would have played out." He was obviously very nervous as he said so. He almost couldn't look her in the eyes. Why was she here? He was begging for her to just go away.

"It must have been hard knocking on my door on your last night here." She was careful with her words as she took his hands, "I'm glad you chose me. But, the reality is, you can't keep evading it. You're going have to get married one day - and it wouldn't be me." They were looking at one another now, feelings of regret building up inside of them, "We should've just ended things when we were suppose to."

Sav was in total agreement there. When Holly J. had decided that Yale was her dream and he nor anyone else was going to stop her from living it. He was adamant about her not going and had made several crude remarks about it really being about her going back to her ex, Declan, who through the powers of fate was accepted to the same college. He was left feeling bitter and alone and when his parents sat him down realising just how heart-broken he had suddenly become, they had offered a great piece of insight. And before he knew it, he was waiting anxiously to greet his Indian wife at his very traditional wedding.

He had developed feelings for Farrah when she had suddenly popped into his life at prom, but then he was with Anya and he was fighting for Anya. A week after the wedding he had received a life-changing phone call and he had then made the decision to continue a long-distance relationship with Holly J. He had even promised her before realising that he was coming out to visit her and then he thought that that would have been a great time to finally tell her the truth; face to face. He really wanted to say the words "I'm married" but it was just too hard to do, but he hadn't expected to be whimpering after her either. He thought he had hardened his heart for the occasion but he was wrong. And now, now he was fighting for Holly J. Only this time around, Farrah had already won. Or did she?

"I don't suppose you're willing to become a complete outcast from your family just for me," continued Holly J. when she realised she was not getting a response, "And it would be great to just run away with you, but-" She was searching his eyes and she clasped her hands tightly over his, "Maybe, it would be easy, if we just let this go. It's for the best."

Sav became serious now and it showed, "I risked so much to be with you. Declan, my parents...I can't let go of you, Holly J. I've tried so hard."

"Well, you're going to have to try harder," she begged, "We'll only be living a lie."

Sav looked at her sincerely. She was right. That was Holly J. She brought the truth to the table every time, no matter how much it hurt. "So I stood in the pouring rain for nothing." His answer was very sarcastic.

She smiled, "It wasn't for nothing...kissing in the rain was quite something..." Her voice was soft and gentle and she was drawing nearer to Sav. She withdrew her tight hold on his hand spread out her right hand to intertwine with his left and she was searching to do the same with the other but something was stopping her. His hand was clasped very tightly.

Sav who was more interested in the expected encounter and staring hungrily in her eyes was not quite certain exactly when his right hand withdrew from behind his back. The moment he realised this it was much too late. She had managed to unravel his fist and had discovered the ring.

She looked up at him with confused eyes, "What's this?"

"Umm," Sav started. He was caught red-handed. He sighed heavily and lowered his head and his voice became soft as he knew he had to explain everything, "I am so sorry. I should have told you-"

"You're proposing to me?" asked Holly J. with excited eyes as she looked at the golden band. It was so simple it could have easily been a unisex ring and why else would Sav be walking around with it. He was planning on leaving his family, for her! "Are you sure? I mean- your family - college intuition - your morals?" 

Sav stood there looking at her with some kind of relief but now he was desperately in a thicket. Propose to her or tell her in all her excitement that he was already married and he had no intention of being ousted out of the Bandhari clan. His family meant everything to him, especially with what his little sister was going through, he couldn't bare not ever seeing them again. But, if he chose to marry outside of the faith, that would mean just that. He knew now what he was to do; things would work themselves out.  

"You mean so much more to me," he said boldly and was smiling now as she smiled back. He placed the ring on her marriage finger.

She squealed with delight and hugged him proudly, "Really?"

"Really!"

They kissed in the middle of the entire airport, not caring who saw them.

[ads]

               The auditorium was packed to its fullest since the principal had called an assembly. The students were busy chatting and gossiping. Was the ambulance prank finally coming with its repercussion ?

"Thank you all for joining me this afternoon," greeted Principal Simpson excitedly from the stage at the top of the room. He looked boyish and giddy as he spoke into the microphone, "I have a big gift for you guys."

He watched the students anxiously as though expecting applause but they remained silent. "Right," he continued when he realised none was coming, "After the ambulance prank at the Christmas party-"

The congregation moaned and booed. 

"I thought I would never allow another party ever," he continued despite the boos and sometimes the flinging of unidentified objects, "But, thanks to Mr. Torres, as you all know, we are having a Valentine's Day ball." By the mention of 'ball' the excitement died down and they sat listening with desperation etched in their faces. Was it now called off?

"You have been busy filling out your profiles online and I know you're looking forward till the fourteenth." He said excitedly, this time the children cheered.

"Well, I've been thinking...wi-fi has been in this school for quite a while and when I allowed it temporarily, I wasn't so sure, but...no one misused it to go game-hunting or to download videos, so that's why..." His eyes opened wide with glee, "We now have wi-fi back. Permanently." 

The school cheered and hooted with approval.

"And that's not all," continued Mr. Simpson, "I think you guys have earned your reward and I hope there will be no more pranks. But, the dress code...gone!"

The entire school seemed to have leapt to their feet when he announced this. The cheering was ear-splitting and there was no way of stopping it. Mr. Simpson caught the eye of Drew amidst the crowd and nodded approvingly to which Drew returned a respectful nod. The lockdown was finally going to be over. The students could not wait till Valentine's Day, there was so much more to celebrate now.

Music for this episode : Two-Faced - Chrissi B*  

Tune in Next Week: Final Episode:  

Episode 9: The return of Gracie; Drew's plan to permanently disconnect K.C. and Jenna might have gone too far   

*original title

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 45.1K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
1.1K 91 42
"You are the love that came without warning you had my heart before I could say no".
9.1K 189 20
Eli and Clare Goldsworthy are happily married now but what happen's when Eli has a one night stand with Imogen Moreno the girl that helped Eli make C...
8.6K 44 4
(sept 2020 - as you can see in the first few chapters, this story is being rewritten. It will be completely redone as soon as possible. Thank you for...