Ghost Whisperer (Teen Wolf)

By _world_of_fandoms_

Anita Lockett was sent to Eichen House at a young age after claiming seeing her older sisters corpse along wi... More

~Faceclaims~
Prologue
Chapter 1: Beacon Hills High
Chapter 2: Derek
Chapter 3: The Past Still Haunts Me
Chapter 4: Just Lab Things
Chapter 5: Putting Pieces Together
Chapter 6: Giant Gecko
Chapter 7: Thank You
Chapter 8: Simon
Chapter 9: Don't Drink the Kool-Aid
Chapter 10: Crimson
Chapter 11: Hospital Blues
Chapter 12: It's a Date
Chapter 13: Growth
Chapter 14: Jealousy
Chapter 15: Likes & Dislikes
Chapter 16: In the Summertime
Chapter 17: Forgivness
Chapter 18: Camping
Chapter 19: Keep it a Secret
Chapter 20: No Surprises
Chapter 21: Never Felt so Low
Chapter 22: Linger
Chapter 23: I Will Rescue You
Chapter 24: Tomorrow
Chapter 25: Hotel California
Chapter 26: Black Friday
Chapter 27: Stars Will Fall
Chapter 28: Medicine
Chapter 30: Your Fault
Chapter 31: Someone to Stay
Chapter 32: In Cold Light

Chapter 29: Power

760 40 1
By _world_of_fandoms_

"I like to say I believe in ghosts so I don't get haunted by one"

"Is she getting worse? Anita asked Peter, watching him dab a wet rag on Cora's forehead. Peter simply ignored her comment and turned towards the chaotic hallway.

"Hey! Anyone want to tell me when they're getting my nice out of here?" Peter asked.

"Sorry, but she wasn't. Uh-you're supposed to be dead". Melissa stopped in the doorway.

"I get that a lot actually". Peter said with no amusement.

"You two know each other?" Anita pointed between the two.

"Long story". Peter sighed.

Cora suddenly shot forward, throwing black liquid up onto the ground.

"I think that just answered my question". Anita looked at the puddle.

"We're going to have to transfer Cora to another hospital with this storm.  Just hang on".  Melissa told the two, exiting the room.  Anita followed after her.

"Do you need help?  I feel like I should help."  Anita offered to Melissa.

"Honey, all you can do is just be there for your friend, alright?"  Melissa reassured her before rushing to help others.

Anita looked back into the room seeing two other nurses help dress Cora, getting ready to move her.  Anita looked to Peter who was on the phone.

"Are we moving her right away?"  Anita asked the nurses.

"Not quite.  When we get another ambulance open, we will". 

Anita groaned.  That was going to take forever.  Anita leaned on her heels before heading back out.

"Where are you going?"  Peter looked over to her.

"I'm trying to speed things up for Cora".  She said, not bothering to look at him.

The hospital was so chaotic that the staff didn't even realize she was behind the counter going through papers and even making a few phone calls.

"Oh.  Who is this?"  She asked on the phone.  "Ummm.  Ms. McCall".  She answered with a smile.  She was so smart.

Her smile then dropped.

"My ID number?  Oh, yes it's-"  She immediately hung up.  "Dammit". 

Anita watched as more nursers rushed by and stood up.  She was making no progress here.  Anita decided to go back to Peter and Cora to see if there was an update.

However, when she got back the two weren't there.  "Hello?"  She questioned.

Weird.

Anita thought they were transferred to another room due to the mess.  Anita immediately spun around and exit only to be met with a person.  Anita gasped but relaxed seeing it was Derek.  Her eyes then went to his hand that was gripping Ms. Blake's forearm and then to Scott and then Stiles who was holding a bat.

"Two questions.  What's she doing here and why do you have a bat?"  She directed the last question to Stiles.

"She's the Darach".  Stiles pointed to Ms. Blake.

Anita looked to her English teacher with wide eyes.  "I knew I didn't like you for another reason.  You also sucked at your job".  Anita crossed her arms over her chest.

Ms. Blake rolled her eyes.  "You were always a terrible student, Anita". 

Anita took a step forward but Derek stopped her with his other hand.  "Where's Cora and Peter?"

"I don't know".  Her shoulders went up and she gestured with her hands.  "I was gone for-maybe 30 minutes?  Came back and-". She gestured to the room behind her.

"Derek".  Scott called, looking at the trail of black blood.

Derek let go of Jennifer's forearm and followed Scott's gaze.  They looked towards the double door that was closed and heard muffled grunting and soon came out Peter, sliding on the ground.

"We got a problem".  Peter said, looking up to Derek and then to the door.  "Big problem"

Ethan and Aiden's conjoined werewolf form entered the room, roaring.  Anita took a few steps back, going over to Stiles.  "You know how to swing that thing?"  She asked.

"I-I think so".

Ethan and Aiden's conjoined werewolf form soon started to charge and then Derek as well.  Scott then went to help him.  Stiles looked in the distance seeing Cora on the ground.  He leaned down to Peter.

"Help me".  And then Stiles ran.

"Stiles!"  Anita shouted at him.

"Stay here".  Peter turned to Anita, following after Stiles. Anita watched as the two hurried past the twins who were holding Scott by the wall.

Her eyes widened however when the twins and Scott turned to her. She then looked back seeing Jennifer make her way towards the elevator.

"Ohhh, I don't think so". Anita ran and slid into the elevator with her before the doors closed.

"Where you go. I go". Anita pointed to her.

"I'm just trying to stay alive". Jennifer gave her former student a look.

The elevator chimed, opening the doors. Jennifer took a few steps out then stopped when she saw Deucalion and Kali round the corner.

Deucalion took the tip of his cane off and threw it at Jennifer, missing her head as it launched itself into the wall.

"You don't have great luck". Anita leaned over, hitting the close button on the elevator rapidly in hopes to leave Jennifer to get shredded by the two. "Close". Anita gritted her teeth as she saw Kali charge.

The door finally started to close but Jennifer made her way back into the elevator. Right before the doors closed Kali grabbed either side and started to pull it apart.

Anita backed into the corner, as she looked between the two and then saw Jennifer's eyes turn white before she slammed her hands on the door, sending Kali flying back, the doors finally closing.

Jennifer moved to the back of the elevator, breathing out heavily while Anita looked at her, not saying anything.

"You're welcome". Jennifer breathed out.

Anita scoffed. "From the looks of that, they wanted to kill you, not me".

Anita crossed her arms over her chest. "We're going back to the others and you're going to save my friend". Anita looked at her.

Jennifer now scoffed.

"You choose. Be running around here playing cat and mouse with Deucalion and the others or have bodyguards with my group". Anita saw the wheels turn in Jennifer's head. She leaned back in the elevator some more. "You choose".

Anita waited and soon enough Jennifer leaned forward, pressing the number that would lead them to the floor where they were first at.

"Good choice". Anita smiled widely.

The door chimed open and Anita made a gesture. "After you". Anita followed after Jennifer. It was quiet and she was just glaring daggers in the back of her stupid head. Oh, she wasn't one for starting violence but how she wanted to smack her.

Jennifer opened up the door, Anita following in as she saw the four boys around Cora. Anita felt the tension instantly.

"You can't". Jennifer said. "Only I can. I can save her, and I can tell you where sheriff Stilinski is. But there is a pack of alphas in this hospital who want me dead. So, I'll help you...but only when I'm out of here and safe". Jennifer looked at all of them. "Only then".

Derek immediately knocked over a table and made his way towards her but Scott stopped him. "Derek, wait!"

"She was trying to get out!" Derek pointed to Jennifer.

"I was trying to keep from getting killed". Jennifer defended herself. "You can't blame me for that".

"If you want to show you're one of the good guys. Then heal her". Stiles pointed to Cora.

"Not until I'm safe".

"How will we know you'll keep up the end on your bargain?" Anita questioned, walking back over to her side of the team.

"You'll just have too".

"I'd like to volunteer a different method of persuasion let's torture her". Peter suggested.

"Works for me". Derek went to shove Scott's hand off him.

"Are we talking about Middle Ages torture?" Anita asked Peter.

The P.A. System squeaked, Melissa's voice coming through. "Um. Can I have your attention? Mr. Deucalion-excuse me, just Deucalion requests you to bring the woman calling herself Jennifer Blake to the E.R. Reception. Do this, and everyone else can leave. You have ten minutes."

"He's not gonna hurt her". Jennifer looked to Scott.

"Shut up". Derek pointed to her.

"He won't! Scott. You know why. Tell them it's true".

"What does she mean?" Derek looked at Scott.  Anita turning to him as well.

"Scott?"  Anita asked quietly.  What the hell was she talking about?

When Scott didn't answer, Jennifer let out a breath of annoyance.  "You're not the only one he wants in the pack".  She looked to Derek.  "Deucalion doesn't just want an alpha pack.  He wants perfection.  That means adding the rarest of alphas to his ranks".

"A true alpha".  Peter spoke.

"What's that?"  Stiles asked from the back.

"The kind that doesn't have to steal his power from another.  One that can rise by the force of his own will".  Peter explained, looking at Scott.  "Our little Scott".

"It doesn't matter".  Scott looked to Derek who was looking at him.  "We still need to get her out of here".  Scott looked to Jennifer.

"Scott, your mom-"  Stiles started to walk to his friend.

"My mom said there's one more ambulance coming in 20 minutes and I don't think we've been here that long.  So if we can get down to the garage, get to the last ambulance, we can get out of here".  Scott explained to the group.

"The Twins aren't just going to let us strode right on through".  Anita said to Scott.

"I'll distract them".  Scott looked to her.

"You mean fight them".  Derek corrected.

"Whatever I have to do".  Scott confirmed.

"I'll help you".  Derek told Scott.

"Um, sorry, but I'm not going anywhere without you.  Derek".  Jennifer said, causing Anita to scoff.

"I'll do it".  Peter looked to the two.  "But I prefer to be out there with an advantage".

"Don't you have claws?  That's one advantage better then me".  Anita raised her eyebrows at Peter.

"Like a weapon?"  Stiles asked.

"Something better than a baseball bat".  Peter mumbled and then everyone scattered in the room to look for something. 

"What did happen to your bat?"  Anita asked Stiles as she past him.

"Broke it on the Twins".  Stiles answered.

"Ah".  Anita pursed her lips, nodding and started to dig through a drawer.  She soon felt a presence beside her but didn't bother to look as she already knew who it was.

"Why did you follow Jennifer back there?"  Derek asked.

"Didn't want her to get away".  Anita answered, opening another drawer.  "Also, was debating to smack her".  She admitted, Derek smiling at that.

"Hey, wait. What about these?"  Stiles grabbed the paddles and held them up.

"Do you know how to use those?"  Derek asked, looking at him.

"Well, no".

"Put 'em down".  Derek instructed.

"Epinephrine?"  Scott questioned.

"Ow".  Anita looked at the long needle Scott was holding up.

"That's only gonna make him stronger".  Derek looked to Scott.

"How strong?"  Peter then asked.  Everyone then looked between one another and Anita's hand slowly rose.

"Can I be the one that stabs him?" 

All eyes went to her.

"If you're offering". Scott shrugged and slowly handed her the needle.

Peter prepared himself, cracking his neck as he stood in front of Anita. "Go gentle". Peter told her as she was getting ready to stab him with it.

"Aim for the heart". Derek then said.

"Is this a good idea?" Stiles asked.

"Make sure to inject the liquid-"

"Everyone please stop talking!" Anita said loudly. "You're making me nervous". Anita breathed out.

"If you want you can-"

Peter didn't finish as Anita shoved the needle in him, injecting the liquid as well.  Peter groaned from the pain.

"That was not gentle".  Peter breathed out in pain.

"I wasn't going to tap it in."  Anita defended herself.

"Go, go!"  Derek shoved Peter towards the door, the needle still hanging out of Peters chest. Once Peter was out the door he grabbed the needle and ripped it out, Scott following behind him.

"All right boys. Let's roll". Peter went to attack, Scott following suit.

Stiles was the first to exit and then the other three, rounding the corner to get away from the fight. Derek carried Cora as Stiles led the way.

"It's still here". Stiles said as he opened the door, looking at the ambulance. Stiles and Anita ran to the ambulance, opening the back doors. Stiles hoped inside, helping set Cora on the stretcher.

"Derek, over here". Jennifer called past the ambulance.

Anita looked past the ambulance, seeing a dead body. Derek and Jennifer stepped closer to the body then stopped.

"Julia". Kalis voice said in a song song and then the sound of her awful feet came in view. Kali stepped in front, waving the keys in her hand.

"It is you". Kali looked at Jennifer.

"You can't beat her on your own". Jennifer told Derek. Derek took a few steps back, pushing Anita slightly with his hand.

"That's why we're going to run".

That was Anita's cue. She took off, heading back inside the hospital.

"Wait, wait. The elevator". Jennifer told Derek and Anita once they got inside. Kali soon coming back in. Anita followed Jennifer inside the elevator while Derek shoved a stretcher towards Kali, running towards the closing elevator.

"Ohhh. That was close". Anita breathed out once the door shut.

The lights started to flicker on the elevator and then it came to a stop and then it went black. The three looked around as the emergency light came on.  Derek went over to the closed door and pried it open, revealing a cement wall.

"We're trapped between floors.  We're going to need to climb".  Anita told the two.  Derek came back over and looked at the ceiling.

"If you're thinking service hatch.  They bolt from the outside so you'd have to break it".  Jennifer informed Derek.

"All your end up doing is creating a lot of noise telling them exactly where we are".

Anita gave her a look.  "Kali already knows we're in here".

"Not necessarily.  She saw that we got in".  Jennifer looked at Anita.  "But she might not know that we didn't get out".

Derek looked back to the ceiling.  "Yeah, well.  If I get through then we can go to another floor".  Derek explained. 

"Or you'd end up fighting them alone in an elevator shaft.  They'll rip my head off before you even have a chance to land a punch".  Jennifer watched Derek go back to the open door.

Anita shook her head, leaning against the elevator wall.

"Then someone needs to get the backup generator running again".  Derek grabbed his phone from his back pocket.

"I was Kali's emissary".  Jennifer explained to Anita and Derek.  "And I was the one she couldn't kill.  For years, the nemeton's power was virtually gone.  Like the dying ember of a burned out fire.  But a few months earlier.  Something happened that caused that ember to flow a little brighter.  Something that gave it a spark of power again.  The sacrifice of a virgin.  You didn't know what you were doing back then, killing Paige in the root cellar".

Anita looked to Derek for a moment and then back to Jennifer.

"Sacrificing her there, gave power to the nemeton.  You gave it power again.  You gave me power.  Just enough to hold onto life a little longer.  Long enough to be found".

Anita's eyes looked at the ground, flickering back and forth between tiles as the words sunk in.  It was all starting to make sense.

"You know mistletoe is important to druids but do you know the myth of why people kiss under the mistletoe?"

"No".

"It's a Norse myth.  Baldur.  The son of Odin was the most beloved by the other gods so much that they wanted to protect him from all of the dangers of the world.  His mother, Frigg took an oath, from Fire and Water, metal, stone, and every living thing that they would never hurt Baldur.  At a gathering they tested him.  Stones, arrows, and flame were all hurled at him.  Nothing worked.  But there was one God who wasn't so enamored of Baldur".

"Loki."  Anita answered right away.  Jennifer nodded.

"The God of Mischief.  Loki discovered that Frigg had forgotten to ask mistletoe.  A tinted seemingly harmless plant and completely overlooked. Loki fashioned a dart out of mistletoe and it killed Baldur.  Frigg was heartbroken. She decreed that mistletoe would never again be used as a weapon and that she would place a kiss on anyone who passed under it. So now we hang mistletoe underneath our door during holidays so that we will never overlook it again.  We were the overlooked.  The emissaries.  It was a mistake Deucalion and the alphas should never have made, because I made an oath of my own.  From virgins and warriors, from healers, philosophers, and guardians to loan me their power so that I could teach these monsters that their monstrous actions would never be overlooked".  Jennifer went on.

"You killed innocent people".  Derek said.

"So have you".  Jennifer shot right back at him.

"He didn't do it for revenge".  Anita defended Derek.

"I know the real color of your eyes, Derek and I know what it means".  Blake looked at him.  "I'm not asking you to save just my life.  Im asking you to save everyone they'll ever hurt again". 

Derek shook his head.  "You can't beat 'em". 

"Are you sure about that?"  Jennifer asked.

"Look at you."  Anita swung her arm by her side.  "You're running away from them.  Hiding in an elevator". 

"You didn't let me finish".  Jennifer looked at Anita with annoyance and then back to Derek.

"Tell me again what Boyd asked you what happens to a werewolf during a lunar eclipse?  You don't get the chance to tell him but you know, don't you?  What happens Derek?  During the risk lunar eclipse".

"We lose all our power".  Derek answered.

The lights started to flicker once more.  Anita looked at the ceiling then was quick to click a button.

"Derek, Anita.  Please look at me".  Jennifer's voice sounded from behind them.

Anita looked to Derek and shook her head before adjusting her eyes to the ground.  Jennifer was another type of Medusa.

Derek was sent flying to the elevator door and then pulled back before being dropped to the ground.

"Anita".  Jennifer taunted.

"Think.  Think.  Think".  Anita muttered to herself and then went to swing back to Jennifer but she easily caught her arm.  Anita had no choice to look at her true appearance and used her other hand to punch Jennifer in the face.

"I've been wanting to do that for awhile".  Anita confessed and went to throw another punch but Jennifer grabbed the side of her neck, putting pressure on her bandage.  Anita squeaked from the pain and then was shoved against the wall of the elevator.

"If Derek wasn't so obsessed with you. I would've made you a sacrifice first chance I got".  Jennifer hissed at Anita.  "Even when I found him almost dead, he made me leave because all he thought about was you".  Jennifer cocked her head to the side and then banged Anita's head against the wall. 

Lights out for her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 354 22
๐ŸŽต๐‘ฐ ๐’•๐’๐’๐’… ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’๐’๐’„๐’† ๐‘ฐ ๐’„๐’๐’–๐’๐’…๐’๐’• ๐’…๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’‚๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’Š๐’๐ŸŽต 15 years. Thats how long she was gone, Alex left Beacon hills and never lo...
10.7K 345 42
ยซI think I'm better at being a g h o s t of the past than I am a human beingยป โ—ˆโ—ˆโ—ˆ Paige had been gone a long time. It has been years since the May fa...
108K 5K 52
[BOOK 5] "๐™ž ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™š๐™ก๐™จ๐™š, ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™จ๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ข๐™š ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ข๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™› - ๐™ž ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™ ๐™– ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฌ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š๐™ก." F...
12.5K 463 16
ยซThe More You Believe To See, The Easier It Is For Me To Fool Youยป *** Brianna Voyant has been through a lot in her life. From the death of her whole...