Pokémon Oneshots

By Owlwood97

Pokémon x reader stories with various characters from the games! This will be focusing primarily on character... More

Calem - New Girl
Serena - Rivals
Professor Sycamore - The Professor's Assistant
Grant - Unspoken Feelings
N - Cherished
Zoey - First Date
Piers - Coffee House
Silver - Arranged Marriage
Goh - First Love
Lance - Next Time
Goh - I Want To Hold Your Hand
Brock - Flirting
Ash - Contest Star
Arven - Daddy Issues
Goh - 1,2,3,4
Sakura - Tea Time
Arven - Space
Leon - Three Chances
Brawly - Savior
Grusha - The Ice Prince
N - Three Years Later
Atticus - Wedding Date
Morty - Past Mistakes
Leon - Hospital Pt. 1
Giacomo - Enemies to Lovers
Red - Mermaids
Goh - Summer Lovin'
Ortega - Princess
Ash - The Tournament
Leon - Sickness
Jacq - Sticky Notes
Leon - Sacrifice
Barry - Sweet as Honey
Leon - Confessions
Goh - Halloween Party
Leon - Hospital Pt. 2
Cilan - Phantom
Leon - Insecurities
Giacomo - Regret
Zoey - Driving
Piers - Trustfall
Silver - Scary Movie
Leon - Rings
Tabitha - Protected
Brock - The Soft Side
Dawn - Tag Team
Hugh - Crashed the Wedding
N - Beach Comber
Marnie - Blind Date
Zoey - Secret Santa
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 1
Milo - Rescue
Gary - Love Actually
NSFW Alphabet [Grusha]
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 2
N - Stable Boy
Bede - Yearning
Goh - My Melody
NSFW Alphabet [Cilan]
Carmine - Tease
NSFW Alphabet [Giacomo]
Marnie - Dance
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 3
NSFW Alphabet [Allister]
Grusha - Frostbite
Gladion - Wouldn't It Be Nice?
Shauntal - Coworkers
NSFW Alphabet [Buggsy]
Sir Aaron - Trapped
Allister - Ghost Stories
NSFW Alphabet [N]
Request Page

Drayton - Pen Pals

682 23 23
By Owlwood97

Requested by Shadowbunx

Drayton x Female Reader

"Alright, class! I've got something fun for us to do today!" Ms. Thyme, your homeroom teacher called out. You were a senior at Uva Academy and Ms. Thyme was your homeroom teacher. Usually, you didn't pay much attention until the lectures actually started, but this new announcement intrigued you. You sat up a little straighter in your chair. Everyone else did as well.

Ms. Thyme smiled at all the students now paying attention to her. "In order to strengthen the bonds between trainers from all over the world. We will be starting a pen pal program. And participation is mandatory for your final grade!" Some students looked excited for the idea, while others groaned in annoyance. You... were on the fence. But it was for a final grade, so you supposed you had no choice. You had a high GPA and top of your class, and you were not going to let it fall.

A student shot up their hand, "Yes, Cecilia?" Ms. Thyme called. "What if we send letters, but the other person doesn't write back?" The student asked. Everyone murmured in agreement over the question. Many clearly hoping this would be a loophole so they could get out of the assignment. Ms. Thyme clapped her hands to get the classes attention. "All letters will be sent and received through the school system, and I will be passing out received letters at the beginning of every class. Myself and the other teachers will be keeping track of all letters. We will know if you send letters and are not receiving them. You will each get three warnings. If you do not send a letter by your third warning, you will fail the assignment, and the person who continued to write will pass."

Well, that was a relief to hear. As long as I stayed on top of writing letters, it didn't matter if the other wrote back. Piece of cake!

Ms. Thyme then walked around handing out pieces of paper, "This is the name of your pen pal, their region, and the school's address you send your letters to. Don't worry about stamps. When you drop off letters at the front desk of the school, they will stamp them for you." Ms. Thyme handed you yours, and you read it while everyone shared theirs with other students.

"Kiawe... from Alola! Cool!" Cecilia exclaimed. You looked down at your own paper. "Drayton, Unova region at Blueberry Academy..." You had never heard of that school. Ms. Thyme stepped back up to the front, "We will spend the remainder of our class writing a letter to our new pen pals! I will give each of you an envelope, and please place the letter on my desk when you are finished.

Everyone set to work immediately, pulling out their papers and pens, praying that the other person doesn't write back so they wouldn't have to keep writing. You did the same.

"Drayton,

Hi, my name is [Name]. I'm in my last year of school at Uva Academy in Paldea. My partner pokémon is Garchomp. He looks scary, but he's as docile as a Fidough if you treat him right.

I guess that's all I've got to say? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Signed,

[Name]"

You also drew a little picture of your Garchomp at the bottom of the page waving. You smiled at it and sealed it in the envelope, and addressing it before dropping it off at Ms. Thyme's desk. You honestly wondered if this guy would actually write you back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been almost two weeks, and you still hadn't received a letter from your pen pal. And you were feeling a mix of disappointment and calmness. He didn't write you back? Whatever. You did the assignment as told so you wouldn't be failing the assignment at least. But you were kind of looking forward to talking to a new person in another region. "Anything yet?" Cecilia walked over to me. You lifted your head from where you were laying on your desk and shook your head, "Have you heard from Kiawe?" She smiled and nodded, "I guess he really likes fire types and is into this traditional Alolan dance?" You smiled back, "That's great..."

Cecilia went to re-join her friends and Ms. Thyme approached you next. "Miss [Name]. I just wanted to ensure you that your pen pal has received his first warning, and hopefully, you will hear from him soon." You just nodded and pulled out a textbook to study while everyone else talked about their pen pal letters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More time passed, and Ms. Thyme alerted you that your pen pal received his second warming. And at this point, you weren't counting on any letter coming your way.

Another week went by, and you were entering your homeroom when you saw Ms. Thyme speed walk to you immediately. "[Name] here you are!" She held out an envelope to you. You blinked in surprise and took it. It was definitely addressed to you... from Drayton!? Your heart beat sped up. You didn't even get to your seat before you were ripping the envelope open, weirdly excited.

"[Name],

Heh, sorry for the late response, bud. Assignments just aren't really my thing, ya know? But teach told Hassel, who told my gramps, who wasn't exactly thrilled with me. So here I am, writing, I guess.

Your Garchomp sounds cool. I like dragon types, too.

Uh, I guess I'm also in my last year of school at Blueberry Academy, kind of have been for the past couple years. Told ya work wasn't really my thing. Uh, I guess I'm also part of the elite four for the Blueberry Academy League club. Used to be champ, but got knocked down recently.

Guess I'll be waiting to hear back from ya bud!

Drayton

P.S. Cute drawing ;)"

You felt your face heat up a bit at the end of the letter. "So... he's an idiot?" You mumbled to yourself. But that didn't stop you from reaching for another new piece of paper and your pen.

"Drayton,

Well, I guess you foiled my plans for getting out of this assignment. Oh well.

You must be strong then? I'd love to see you in action sometime. I battle, too, but it's nothing special. I actually prefer drawing more than anything . What pokémon do you have?

[Name]"

At the bottom, you drew a cartoon version of yourself and sent it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next week, you received another letter from Drayton, but when you opened it, a USB drive fell out.

"[Name],

See me in action. You'll get the answer you're looking for. But you better return the favor. I'd love to see you too.

Drayton"

You couldn't believe he responded so quickly. That night, you plugged the USB into your laptop and watched the video. It was a double battle of his. Guess he used a Flygon, Kingdra, Dragonite, Sceptile, Haxorus, and Arachaludon. He was strong too...and handsome. He was really cute...

You bit your lip. This must have meant he wanted to see you battle, too. You gulped and picke dup your rotom phone. It always recorded all of your battles in case you needed something for school. After searching through, you saw one you were satisfied with and started uploading it to a USB.

"Drayton,

You're amazing! I'm better at art than battle, but hope this satiates you for now. I'd like to know more about your Archaludon. We don't have those here in Paldea.

You're also not at all what I expected. And you said you know Hassel? He's my favorite teacher here at Uva, but he's never mentioned you before?

Your bud,

[Name]"

You then drew a picture of him with his team...mostly focusing on him. You just couldn't get those golden eyes out of your head...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"[Name],

Wow, you're pretty amazing, bud! And pretty too. Man, now I wish I was goin to your school, I bet I'd have way more fun there.

Hassel and my gramps are close, I guess. I get lectures from Hassel every once in a while when he visits. But I wish he told me about you. You must be a star pupil in his little art class.

I'm keeping that picture you drew with me, too.

Maybe next time I see him, I can try and convince him to let me come visit your school.

Keep sending art, bud!

Drayton"

Letters between you two became much more frequent. Neither having to worry about any warning from the teachers. With each letter, you learned more and more about your slacker boy. And he became more and more flirty with his artsy girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Art Girl,

You painted all over your brother? And you got away with it? Man, that's lucky. If I tried that, my gramps definitely would've punished me.

Not fair. You were probably too cute to punish.

You know that kid I told you about Kieran? He finally got knocked off his high horse. Some kid from your school took him down. Pretty sure he has a crush on her.

Why do all the pretty girls have to be in Paldea?

Drayton"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Slacker Boy,

I was three! And the paint washed right off! It had nothing to do with me being cute!

Is that good? I know you said he's been a tyrant lately. Maybe this girl can help him?

I mean, obviously, girls from Paldea are beautiful! We have Iono, and Tulip, and Rika! They're all gorgeous..

[Name]"

[INSERT PICTURE OF THE THREE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS OF PALDEA]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Beautiful Girl,

Hey, I think you're way prettier than those three! Heck, I bet if we were dating, I'd have to guys off with a stick!

Smart, beautiful, talented. What's not to love?

I'm dying to see ya.

Yours,

Drayton"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was not a single week where you and Drayton were not sending each other letters for the assignment. And ever so slowly, through his letters and writing, you could feel yourself falling for him. But the rational part of your brain figured if he was really a slacker, then he would stop sending letters as soon as he didn't have to. The semester was almost over, so the assignment was wrapping up.

"Beautiful Girl,

If I came to Paldea, would you let me take you out? I'd take you on a date you'd never believe.

I'm a pretty good kisser too, want to find out why?

Yours,

Drayton"

Your cheeks hurt from smiling and blushing so hard. But this may be the last letter you ever sent him. it was short and sweet, and at the bottom, you drew a picture of the two of you together, smiling and laughing. On the back, in a bold move for you, you drew a self-portrait. Hopefully, he at least wouldn't forget you this way. Because you could never forget him.

"Dray,

Yes.

Yours,

Your Beautiful Girl"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The end of the semester came, and you passed all your classes with flying colors. But as expected, Drayton's letters stopped coming. "It's just like you thought [Name]...now you can move on..." You mumbled to yourself as you made your way through school towards Professor Hassel's classroom. You had a question that you wanted to ask him about one of your pieces.

You could hear voices inside the classroom. Must be some other students who wanted to talk to him, too. You pushed open the door. "Professor Hassel, I wanted to talk to you -" You froze in the doorway. You were right, Hassel wasn't alone. You saw grey swooped up hair and golden eyes that you had really only seen once in a video.

"Ah, Miss [Name]! Good timing, this is my young friend Drayton, visiting us from Unova!" Hassel gestured to the boy beside him. Drayton stared at you with wide eyes, mouth slightly agape. His gaze on you made you blush. "Um... nice to meet you..." You mumbled, averting your gaze. "I've heard you're the reason Drayton was become more serious about his studies!" Hassel beamed. You quickly looked at the professor, "Huh?" Hassel nodded, "You've had quite an influence on him! It...it makes so..." He started to sob. "H-HABY!!" He threw a hand over his eyes, a bad attempt at stopping the flow of tears.

Drayton darted his eyes between you and Hassel before he walked over, grabbed your hand, and pulled you out of the classroom.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you looked disappointed to see me, beautiful girl." Drayton looked back at you and smiled. You were at a loss for words as he pulled you into a quiet corner of the school. You pulled your hand away, "You... you stopped writing to me!" You exclaimed. Drayton turned to you again, an easygoing smile on his face. "Well yea, the assignment was over, and I knew I was coming to see you." He pulled out his Rotom phone and handed it to you. "Now we can trade numbers instead." He grinned.

You blushed but put your number in. His smile seemed to widen as he took the device back and stuffed it in his pocket. "Now I believe a certain beautiful girl also said she would let me take her out?" He mused. You looked down at your shoes, happiness welling up inside you, threatening to spill over.

"Well?" He asked again. You finally looked up at him and nodded quietly. "Great!" He grabbed your hand again and took a few steps forward. "Oh wait, I forgot something."

Drayton quickly turned, pushing you against the wall and pinning you there. His lips suddenly crashed into yours in a heated kiss. You wasted no time in wrapping your arms around his neck, holding Drayton even closer while his hands slid down to your waist.

You're not sure how much time had passed, but too soon did Drayton pull away. Shining that cocky little grin at you. "Told you I'd show ya how good a kisser I am, beautiful girl." You grinned and kissed him again. "You'll have to show me again after our date slacker boy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.7K 827 34
Title is self explanatory. This book is a collection of random one-shots involving the Pokémon game and anime characters. Hopefully this will satisfy...
67.9K 835 33
Hello my fellow Smashers! Nintendo has a knack for making super cute/hot fictional characters that you just can't help but fall for, am I right? So...
371K 5K 34
Want to read fanfics on your favorite character from Pokémon sword and shield!! Come and read here!! Request are close Photos don't belong to me Req...
1.7K 64 14
Y/n left her home with Riolu long ago, to relieve her poor family of having to feed too many people. While in floods of tears, she met the spirits of...