Pokémon Oneshots

By Owlwood97

Pokémon x reader stories with various characters from the games! This will be focusing primarily on character... More

Calem - New Girl
Serena - Rivals
Professor Sycamore - The Professor's Assistant
Grant - Unspoken Feelings
N - Cherished
Zoey - First Date
Piers - Coffee House
Silver - Arranged Marriage
Goh - First Love
Lance - Next Time
Goh - I Want To Hold Your Hand
Brock - Flirting
Ash - Contest Star
Arven - Daddy Issues
Goh - 1,2,3,4
Sakura - Tea Time
Arven - Space
Leon - Three Chances
Brawly - Savior
Grusha - The Ice Prince
N - Three Years Later
Atticus - Wedding Date
Morty - Past Mistakes
Leon - Hospital Pt. 1
Giacomo - Enemies to Lovers
Red - Mermaids
Goh - Summer Lovin'
Ortega - Princess
Ash - The Tournament
Leon - Sickness
Jacq - Sticky Notes
Leon - Sacrifice
Barry - Sweet as Honey
Leon - Confessions
Goh - Halloween Party
Leon - Hospital Pt. 2
Cilan - Phantom
Leon - Insecurities
Giacomo - Regret
Zoey - Driving
Piers - Trustfall
Silver - Scary Movie
Leon - Rings
Tabitha - Protected
Brock - The Soft Side
Dawn - Tag Team
Hugh - Crashed the Wedding
N - Beach Comber
Marnie - Blind Date
Zoey - Secret Santa
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 1
Milo - Rescue
Gary - Love Actually
NSFW Alphabet [Grusha]
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 2
N - Stable Boy
Bede - Yearning
NSFW Alphabet [Cilan]
Carmine - Tease
NSFW Alphabet [Giacomo]
Marnie - Dance
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 3
NSFW Alphabet [Allister]
Grusha - Frostbite
Gladion - Wouldn't It Be Nice?
Shauntal - Coworkers
Drayton - Pen Pals
NSFW Alphabet [Buggsy]
Sir Aaron - Trapped
Allister - Ghost Stories
NSFW Alphabet [N]
Request Page

Goh - My Melody

342 5 9
By Owlwood97

Requested by Shadowbunx

Goh x Female Reader

A/N: Goh and reader are both 18+!

TW: Talk of periods

"This cannot be happening...." You mumbled to yourself. Your in a bathroom stall, staring at your now ruined underwear. A large, red, wet spot glared at you, and you were thankful that your concert dress was black. Even if it had soaked through your underwear and dress, the color should be enough to mask any stain...but just in case.

You pulled your ruined underwear back up and quickly pulled your dress off over your head to inspect it. You breathed a sigh of relief at the lack of a stain. You slipped the dress back over your head: a black dress that reached all the way to just below your ankles, with cap sleeves, and a high neck that reached about the lower middle of your neck. 

You carefully slipped off your underwear, "I can't wear these anymore...they're totally ruined..." At least you had three people nearby that you know you could depend on in a situation like this: Your twin brother Barry, your father Palmer, and your long-term boyfriend Goh.

Your dad was a no-go. He would probably rush in and blather on about what he needed to do for you, and this was not the time for that. Barry would be much more discreet, because he knew how important this was to you. And Goh...he's done it before. This was not the first time your period had snuck up on you.

But your nerves were shot enough as it was. Goh always gave you butterfree in your stomach, a mixture of giddiness and nervousness always wracked your body when he was around. But right now, you needed him, you wanted to depend on him. You reached for your bag hanging on the bathroom door and pulled out your rotom phone, dialing your boyfriend.

The phone rang....and rang...and rang....until finally his voicemail sounded. "Hi! You've reached Goh! I'm busy at the moment, so leave a message and I'll get back to you!" The beep sounded, but you hung up. "Barry it is..."

Barry picked up right away and you told him what was happening, "Just hang tight! The bathroom backstage right?" your brother asked. "Yes! Hurry!" The door to the bathroom opened, and you really hoped it was Goh, that somehow he knew that you needed him. "Miss [Name]? Are you in here?" You were disappointed, it was just the stage manager of the concert hall. "Y-yes, I'm here!" You called out. "You're on in ten!" She called out, before leaving the bathroom again.

"Barry I only have 10 minutes!" You yelled in the phone. "I'll be there! You'll make it on stage in time!" Then he hung up. Could this day get any worse?

Yes. Yes it could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barry had barely made it. He barged into the bathroom with one hand covering his eyes. "[Name]!? You in here!? Is anyone else!?" You slid a hand down your face. "It's just me Bare!" You pushed open the stall door and Barry peeked out between his fingers. "Here." He handed you the sanitary products you requested, and a fresh pair of underwear. "Ugh you're a lifesaver!" You quickly grabbed the items and closed the stall again.

"Why didn't you ask Goh for help?" You heard Barry ask behind the door. You responded while getting yourself ready, "I tried...he didn't pick up....He's out there right?" You asked. "Yea, he's sitting with dad and I, he must've already silenced is phone." You let out a sigh of relief, that was a reasonable excuse. 

You tucked your dress back down after taking care of business and pushed the stall door open.  Barry took in the look on your face and frowned. "Is something else wrong?" You shook your head, "Just having a bad day...I burned breakfast this morning, the heel of the shoes I was originally going to wear broke, the dry cleaner lost my dress so I had to dig for my backup, and now this...and I feel like the bad luck's not over yet..." 

Barry got close and pulled you into a hug, "Hey don't worry about it. I'm sure nothing bad will happen, you just get out there and do what you do best ok?" You pulled back and nodded, "Ok...thanks Bare.." You smiled at each other, then you pinched him. "So is your girlfriend here tonight too?" You teased. Barry's face reddened and pushed you away, "Of course she is! I told her I'd fine her for 1,000,000 if she didn't come!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You waited in the wings of the stage, staring at the grand piano sitting there, waiting to be under a spotlight.

Your nerves hadn't quite died down yet, and the cramps and nausea from your period certainly weren't helping.

You looked down at you pokémon partner, Piplup, who looked back at you. "Everything will be ok..." You muttered. But whether you were saying that to you or Piplup, you weren't really sure.

You had been performing with Piplup for years now. When one day you were mindlessly playing a song on the piano, but when you looked over at your friend, it was performing dances in time to the music. Between your passion for the piano and Piplup's love of dance, your duo became extremely popular, and you started performing in symphony and concert halls all over Sinnoh and a few in Kalos.

That's even how you met Goh. You could remember that day as if it happened yesterday.

You had a free day. No practicing, no concerts, just a day you could enjoy with your Piplup out in Jubilife City. But when someone loved music as much as you did, you couldn't simply go without it. So when you and Piplup stumbled into a group of street performers who recognized your work? Obviously you had jumped at the chance to join them.

The man playing a keyboard stepped aside for you, and you played instantly, letting t he music flow out as Piplup danced. The already large crowd had doubled in numbers as more pokémon and people joined to dance.  That's when two young men joined the circle: one with a Pikachu and one with a Grookey, Goh. Goh would always tell you that when his brilliant blue eyes met yours while he danced was the moment he fell in love with you.

Goh had caught you before taking off with his friend to get your number, and the rest was history. He had taken you out on a date that night, and more and more followed. And as they say, the rest is history. 

You peeked out at the front row and your heart skipped a beat. Goh was sitting there with Grookey in his lap. Beside him were your dad, Barry, and Barry's girlfriend who was holding onto her Cherrim. You felt your stomach lurch, but tried to shake it off. "You ready Miss [Name]?" the stage manager asked. You nodded and took a deep breath, a failed attempt at settling your nerves, then stepped onto the stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You felt so stiff walking over to the piano, with Piplup following close behind. You could see Goh smiling and clapping out of the corner of your eyes, bringing you some relief.

You took a seat at the bench and Piplup took its spot. When the crowd quieted, you began to play the first few notes. Everything was going so well...until a cramp hit you hard and fast, causing you to lose focus and hit a sour note. even you could see the audience cringe at your mistake. You heard your Piplup cry out and averted your gaze to look at it. It stumbled, but it was getting back into the flow with your notes.

You focused back on the piano, determined not to keep messing up. But another wave of nausea hit you, you felt your eyes spin, and you pressed on multiple wrong keys. You listened as Piplup fell again and the audience started murmuring to each other, you even heard a few boo's from the back.

Tears of frustration and humiliation threatened to spill and you could see the stage manager trying to wave you down, asking a silent question. You glanced over and saw Barry and Goh whispering something to each other. You quickly tore your gaze away to nod at the stage manager, who nodded back.

You finished the piece as quickly and as flawlessly as possible, but there were still a few screw ups. The lights dimmed and a voice came over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, we will be taking a brief intermission." As soon as the stage was dark, you called for Piplup and rushed offstage, not even paying attention to Goh rising from his seat. 

You ran past the worried face of the stage manager and found a hidden chair in an alcove, out of the sight from everyone backstage. You held Piplup close and sobbed. This day, did in fact, get worse. It had been so long since you messed up a routine, and now you couldn't seem to stop. "I'm such a failure..." You mumbled into Piplup's feathers. It looked at you worried and tried to pat your head.

"[Name]?" Someone whispered. You peeked out from your Piplup's feathers, but sobbed again when you saw Goh. "I-I'm so embarrassed..." You hiccupped, hiding your face again.

You felt Goh come closer and kneel down in front of you, placing both hands on your knees. "Hey...can you look at me?" Goh urged, and you reluctantly lifted your head to meet his eyes. "I heard what you said...you're not a failure [Name]..." Goh rubbed small circles on your knees with his thumbs.

You shook your head furiously, "You saw how I did out there! The wrong notes, I threw Piplup off and made it stumble...this is the worst day ever..." Goh frowned, then moved one hand to carefully cup your chin and lift your face again. "I've heard a little from Barry, why don't you tell me what else has happened, ok my melody?" Your face pinkened. His melody was Goh's nickname for you, and it never failed to bring a small smile and ray of joy to your face.

You told Goh everything about your day. All the mishaps, misfortunes, and everything leading up to know. Goh didn't interrupt, just nodded, clearly listening to you. By the time you had finished, it was like a rhyperior sized weight had been lifted from your shoulder's. Your tears had stopped and you felt you could breathe freely again. And at some point Goh had gotten you off the chair and into his lap, holding you close, like you were the most important thing in the world.

Goh pet your hair softly, "I'm sorry you went through all that my melody...and I'm sorry I missed your call. I knew I would be here tonight and didn't want to miss a moment of your performance, so I silence it as soon as I stepped foot in the building." You nodded, a little mad that Barry was right, but relieved that Goh didn't blow you off.

"My melody, bad days happen, but I will always be here to do whatever I can to see your beautiful smile again." Goh smiled, rubbing his nose against yours. "When I felt like I was falling behind Ash in our journeys, I always thought  about the people who cared about me. I wish I could've known you back then, I bet I would've gotten a lot farther a lot quicker knowing you were with me." You sniffled, "But Goh...the show has been-" Goh cut you off with a kiss, slow and gentle. You leaned into it eagerly.

When he pulled away, Goh whispered, "You could have played every wrong note, and I still would have given you a standing ovation at the end. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you [Name]. I will always be standing at your side to support you. I love you, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."

You sniffled again, and held Goh close to you, trying not to squish Piplup between you two. "You're so good to me Goh...I love you so much too..."

And for a moment, it felt like it was just you and Goh, alone backstage as the rest of the world melted away.

But you could hear the stage manager calling out for you, breaking the spell you and Goh had been placed under. Goh cupped your cheek and stared at you with determination, "You ready to go out there and show everyone how amazing you are my melody?" You grinned, but shook your head. "No, but I'm ready to go out there and be the best I can be." Goh kissed you again, "That's my girl."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Piplup walked onto that stage with renewed confidence. And it showed in your performance.

Not a note was out of place, Piplup landed every step, and by the time you were finished you and Piplup had received a standing ovation and flowers were thrown onstage.

Now normally, you would curtsy with Piplup and gracefully exit off stage. But when you looked down and saw everyone you loved standing and cheering for you, you focused in on the brilliant blue eyes, and rushed to the edge of stage, and Goh did as well. 

You climbed down and Goh pulled you into his arms, holding you close as he spun you around. And just like that, the spell was back. Everyone in the concert hall melted away until it was just you and Goh. You pulled his face in for a deep kiss, not caring if anyone, even your dad saw. It was just Goh and his melody.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 174 22
Requests closed these will just be short stories...... possibly very short.... Or possibly long... enjoy~ Best ratings ~ ~1 magikarp ~2 swsh ~2 Bede...
55.6K 667 14
UwU here I go again with more oneshots. God it'll be hard keeping up with all my books at once but I also, really do not care. This is for the sake o...
15.2K 140 6
A series of short stories featuring mainly on Ash and Chloe/BloomBoltShipping. Requests are open. Started: 9/31/21
676K 8K 23
Thirsty for some Sword and Shield guys? You've come to the right place! A place where I now deliver lenghty stories about our favourite pokémon men o...