The sickly beauty got pregnan...

Oleh Demens88c

Summary too long, read it in the first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING https://shubaowb.com/nove... Lebih Banyak

Summary + Chapter 1
Chapter 2 Detoxified
Chapter 3 Getting married
Chapter 4 Meet
Chapter 5 Apply medicine
Chapter 6 Acting coquettishly
Chapter 7 Allergic
Chapter 8 Guardian
Chapter 9 Received the gift
Chapter 10 Being pampered
Chapter 11 Attention
Chapter 12 Got cold
Chapter 13 My heart beats
Chapter 14 Love you
Chapter 15 Put to sleep
Chapter 16 Going on a trip
Chapter 17 Coming after me
Chapter 18 Gonna cry
Chapter 19 Dreaming
Chapter 20 The murderer
Chapter 21 Case solved
Chapter 22 Feeling distressed
Chapter 23 Exposed
Chapter 24 Run away
Chapter 25 Reconciled
Chapter 26 Sick again
Chapter 27 Feeding each other
Chapter 28 Going south
Chapter 29 Missing
Chapter 30 Drunk
Chapter 31 Drunk again
Chapter 32 Assassinated
Chapter 33 Bandaged
Chapter 34 Swearing
Chapter 35 Let's talk
Chapter 36 Have a headache
Chapter 37 It's time to leave the house
Chapter 38 It's blowing
Chapter 39 Liar
Chapter 40 Falling into the water
Chapter 41 Feeding
Chapter 42 It hurts again
Chapter 43 Got punished
Chapter 44 It's on fire
Autumn hunting
Chapter 46 Help
Chapter 47 Escape
Chapter 48 Seek medical treatment
Chapter 49 Confess your love
Chapter 50 Help each other
Chapter 51 It's the bridal chamber
Chapter 52 Being stared at
Chapter 53 Support me
Chapter 54 Feeling dizzy
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 Fainted
Chapter 57 Pregnant
Chapter 58 Announced
Chapter 59 Confess
Chapter 60 Enjoy the plum blossoms
Chapter 61 Vomiting again
Chapter 62 Announced
Suffocated to death
Chapter 64 teasing back
Chapter 65 The situation is broken
Chapter 67 Fetal movement
Chapter 68 The palace has changed
Chapter 69 Patricide
Chapter 70 Reunion
Chapter 71 Come to worship
Chapter 72 Jealous
Chapter 73 Giving birth
Chapter 74 Daily life of raising cubs (1)
Chapter 75 Daily life of raising cubs (2)
Chapter 76 Daily life of raising cubs (3)
Chapter 77 Daily life of raising cubs (End)
Chapter 78 Ancient Bamboo Horse Chapter (1)
Chapter 79 Ancient Bamboo Horse Chapter (2)
Chapter 80 Ancient Bamboo Horse Chapter (3)
Chapter 81 Ancient Bamboo Horse Chapter (4)
Chapter 82 Ancient Bamboo Horse Chapter (5)
Chapter 83 Ancient Bamboo Horse Chapter (6)
Chapter 84 Ancient Bamboo Horse Chapter (7)
Chapter 85 Ancient Bamboo Horse Chapter (End)
Chapter 86 Modern Campus (1)
Chapter 87 Modern Campus (2)
Chapter 88 Modern Campus (3)
Chapter 89 Modern Campus (End)
Chapter 90 Modern time travel (1)
Chapter 91 Modern Time Travel (End)

Chapter 66 It's time to raise a baby

285 6 0
Oleh Demens88c

On the carriage back to the Prince's Mansion, An Lianxi started to ask as soon as he sat down: "What does the father mean?"

Ask him if he wants to be a queen...

But Emperor Mingkang didn't wait for An Lianxi's answer, and then waved to the two of them, "I'm tired. Thank you for your hard work. Come back."

An Lianxi felt a little uneasy.

"I will bring Doctor Duan into the palace tomorrow." Xue Shiye patted his back comfortingly and said calmly.

Meanwhile, on the other side.

Emperor Mingkang wiped away the blood stains on his lips, and his expression suddenly changed, becoming cold and dignified, "Go and call the queen in."

Xue Shiye and An Lianxi left, but the concubines were still kneeling. After all, the queen had not moved first, and no one dared to make a move first.

Eunuch Gao walked out of the dormitory, his eyes swept over the kneeling people, and finally looked at Queen Xiao, "Queen, Your Majesty wants to see you, come with us."

As soon as these words came out, the others all looked at each other, thinking that Eunuch Gao's attitude was different and his tone was much colder than usual.

Old men like Eunuch Gao know very well the principle of keeping a tightrope when doing things. Even if a nobleman is in decline, he will not add insult to injury. Even if his attitude is not too respectful, he will still take care of his face.

But this is rare today.

Could it be...

Your Majesty has disliked the Queen?

Queen Xiao's heart skipped a beat when she was called, but she quickly calmed down and her gait remained dignified and elegant.

Everything is going according to plan.

When he entered the palace and saw the slightly haggard Emperor Mingkang, he became more and more at ease.

"I have met your Majesty."

Empress Xiao took good care of herself, looked at Emperor Mingkang and asked with concern: "How is your Majesty's health...?"

Emperor Kangxi of the Ming Dynasty looked at him intently, his expression was indifferent, and he could not tell whether he was happy or angry.

Queen Xiao couldn't help but feel uneasy.

Just as Empress Xiao was getting more and more uneasy, Emperor Mingkang slowly said: "You have always taught Jin'er. I have great expectations for him. This time, I let him stay in the house to reflect." Toughen him up, you know?"

Hearing this, Queen Xiao's expression was startled, and she responded with a smile, "Of course, I know your majesty's good intentions."

Emperor Mingkang nodded and said a few more words, "Send away the people outside, I am tired. As the mother of the country, you should act more calmly in the future."

The last sentence was considered a blow, but Empress Xiao finally felt relieved, showed a gentle smile, and said: "I know."

Eunuch Gao sent her out. When he walked in, he saw that the emperor's expression was a little unpredictable. He closed his eyes for a moment and did not dare to speculate on the holy will.

Emperor Mingkang was the first to speak up: "Just ask whatever you want."

Eunuch Gao looked serious and bowed his head respectfully, "I'm sorry for my stupidity. I don't know why Your Majesty..."

Your Majesty clearly knew that Empress Xiao had tampered with His Majesty's food this time, but why she didn't reveal it.

Emperor Mingkang smiled softly, and he stood up from the bed. The figure of Emperor Ming was not as tall and majestic as he was back then, but he still had a strong pressure accumulated over the years, showing his imperial style.

Eunuch Gao was in a trance, as if he had seen Emperor Mingkang when he first ascended the throne that year, overlapping with his current figure.

Emperor Mingkang stood up, walked to the royal table in the palace, and said, "In your eyes, how does the Xiao family compare to the Shen family back then?"

Eunuch Gao's figure suddenly trembled.

Shen...

For so many years, Shen's words have always been taboo among Emperor Ming Kang, and even he did not dare to mention it.

At that time, Duke Dingguo's mansion was truly powerful, and Duke Shen was worthy of the saying that one person is inferior to ten thousand people.

Not to mention comparison, the Xiao family could not even compare with the Shen family branch at that time.

Seeing that he was silent for a long time, Emperor Mingkang said again, his tone sounding quite calm, "Can't you answer?"

Eunuch Gao lowered his head and answered truthfully: "No comparison."

Emperor Mingkang was silent for a moment, then raised his head and laughed. Eunuch Gao was shocked to hear a hint of self-deprecation in the emperor's laughter.

"Yeah, it's incomparable..." Emperor Mingkang muttered to himself.

But it was this lack of comparison that led him to be too negligent.

Eunuch Gao was such a fine person, and he seemed to understand something in an instant.

If it cannot be compared, it will be inconspicuous.

The Duke Dingguo's mansion was famous for a while, but in the end... the Duke Dingguo's family was either convicted or died, and even Queen Shen was implicated.

On the other hand, the Xiao family is still stable now. Even if a queen is born, her reputation is not obvious. It is still a famous family for hundreds of years and remains stable even after the changes in the imperial court.

The more Eunuch Gao thought about it, the more frightened he became, and the more he thought about it, the faster his heart beat.

Emperor Mingkang thought of what the prince handed over and sneered in his heart. He laughed at those people for not knowing how high the sky was and even laughed at himself for being too arrogant.

"Hua Xin Powder..." At this point, Emperor Mingkang slammed the table.

Eunuch Gao lowered his head.

That day, the ministers of the DPRK read a book about the six princes. The night before yesterday, the prince entered the imperial study and handed something to his majesty.

Emperor Mingkang was surprised at first, and then furious. He looked at Xue Shiye, who looked indifferent, and suddenly became bitter, "When did you find out?"

Xue Shiye looked at him and said a date lightly.

Emperor Mingkang paused and felt his heart tightening.

"If it hadn't been for this time, wouldn't you...have you not planned to tell me?" Emperor Mingkang stared at his son blankly.

The imperial study room was quiet for a long time, and finally he heard, "Yes."

Thinking of the scene that day, Emperor Mingkang looked at the table, his eyes a little unfocused, "Did I do something wrong?"

It's not that his son doesn't understand him, the root of all mistakes actually lies with him...

Eunuch Gao held his breath and concentrated, not daring to answer.

Emperor Mingkang didn't need his answer. The answer he wanted had already appeared in his heart.

If it weren't for the change in the relationship between father and son, it wouldn't be what it is now.

Tokino would not hand things over to him directly.

Thinking of this, Emperor Mingkang shook his head, "I will do this last thing for Tokino."

In the Queen's Palace.

Queen Xiao sat on the throne, and there was not a single servant in the palace. After a while, she suddenly looked behind a screen and asked, "Are you all ready?"

"As long as my sister gives the order, my brother can do it at any time."

Queen Xiao's brows moved, but she finally calmed down and said, "Jin'er, please comfort me."

"This... I'm afraid it won't work."

"What's the meaning?"

"The child is old and doesn't listen to me."

Queen Xiao fell silent. There was nothing she could do about her son.

In the Sixth Prince's Mansion, Xue Yunqin suddenly overthrew Xiao Ji, "What? She actually plans to force her into the palace?"

are you crazy?

It was rare for the master to show his emotions like this. The secret guard lowered his head and did not dare to say anything, "Now that General Zhengbei has led his army to the northern region, the number of troops in the capital has been reduced, so..."

Xue Yunqin sneered, "So you want to take this opportunity to force the palace?"

Even if he initially thought that Xue Shiye was a brainless and reckless man. But now, he has become a prisoner, and Xue Shiye is already the prince.

Xue Yunqin was not arrogant. Xue Shiye was able to securely hold the position of prince, presumably not only because of Emperor Mingkang's favor, but also because of this man's scheming methods.

Thinking of what An Lianhua had mentioned before, Xue Shiye was the biggest threat to him ascending to the throne, Xue Yunqin knew that this man was not simple.

"It's just stupid," he said quietly.

Xue Yunqin looked at the night.

Forced into the palace, it means that the reputation is not right and the words are not smooth.

Once you take action, you can only succeed and not fail. This is the worst policy.

Empress Xiao was also driven to panic. Her son's loss of favor made her lose her sense of proportion.

Not only that, but also because Xue Yunqin was out of control, his thoughts were even more taboo in the eyes of Empress Xiao.

She would rather take action for him than suffer the infamy of taking away his brother's wife. She would not have to burden her son with the crime of patricide, but could also ensure that he would become a great treasure early. Even if some people say that he was not right in his position in the end, it doesn't matter. There is always no shortage of people's opinions on heroes in this world.

As long as the result is satisfactory, Queen Xiao is willing to pay any price for it.

"Since Jin'er disagrees, then you should be optimistic about him and the plan remains unchanged." Queen Xiao said in a deep voice.

The man's weird laughter sounded in the hall, "Then I'll listen to my sister."

Queen Xiao frowned, "Go down, be careful."

A black figure flashed out of the hall.

In the distance, the royal secret guards had a panoramic view of this scene. Not long after, a stack of documents appeared in front of Emperor Mingkang's case.

At the same time, Xue Shiye returned to Xiyuan with the sleeping An Lianxi in his arms. After settling the person, he got up and walked towards the study.

Xue Shiye looked at the people who were already waiting and said in a calm tone, "Let's talk."

Ying Feng: "Back to the Crown Prince, His Majesty seems to have his own arrangements. Queen Xiao's side..."

There was a turbulent undercurrent in the imperial city. For several days, Emperor Mingkang went out of court, and everyone in the court was speculating about His Majesty's physical condition.

Duan Xuzheng was sitting lazily on the stone bench in the Xiyuan courtyard, "Your Majesty is in poor health and has been suffering from hidden illnesses for many years. I'm afraid..."

He told Emperor Mingkang that he had diagnosed his pulse, then stopped and finally said: "By the way, Your Majesty also asked me to make a drug to fake death for him."

Xue Shiye stroked the water glass and stroked An Lianxi's hair with his fingers. Hearing this, before he could speak, the people in front of him were surprised.

An Lianxi didn't hear the follow-up meaning of Duan Xu's words, and his attention was completely attracted by his last sentence, "What? The fake death drug?"

Duan Xu nodded, "Would the Crown Princess help me make medicine together?"

What he meant was that when dispensing the medicine, let the other party learn from it.

Xue Shiye said: "No."

An Lianxi opened his mouth, "Then, you'd better do the miracle doctor yourself."

Duan Xu, who was about to explain something, suddenly paused and glanced at the prince, whose eyes were dark and possessive, and had no choice but to shut up angrily, "Just pretend I didn't say that."

An Lianxi curled his lips towards him, smiled cutely, and asked curiously: "Why does your father want the fake death medicine?"

Duan Xu: "I don't know about this, but it's not really a fake death drug. It just makes the body temporarily lose all physical signs, but the consciousness is still awake."

"Awesome!" An Lianxi clapped his hands.

But he still didn't know what Emperor Mingkang wanted to do with the fake death medicine.

As soon as Duan Xu left, he looked at the person sitting behind him, "What do you want to do, father?"

Xue Shiye pondered, "Probably he wants to catch them all."

An Lianxi was silent.

Xue Shiye looked down at him and touched his lips with his fingertips, "What's wrong?"

An Lianxi raised his eyes, his eyes were clear and he stared at him with clear eyes. Xue Shiye's thoughts moved slightly, and he just heard him say: "I don't understand."

He knew the word "catch them all".

But he still didn't know what Emperor Mingkang was going to do, let alone the use of the fake death medicine.

Xue Shine paused his fingers, chuckled, picked him up and walked to the room. It was too cold outside.

He said: "Little boy, you don't need to understand."

An Lian scoffed, "Oh," and stopped talking, "I think my reaction is too slow now." He was so lazy that he didn't bother to continue asking.

Xue Shiye said: "Xiao Guai's reaction is not slow."

An Lianxi: "What's wrong?" He thought it might be because of pregnancy.

Isn't there a saying that once you're pregnant, you'll be stupid for three years?

Thinking of this, An Lianxi was a little unhappy. He didn't want to become stupid.

Xue Shiye: "Want to know, little darling?"

Hearing his question, An Lianxi didn't want to know anymore and answered decisively: "No."

He felt that Xue Shiye definitely had nothing nice to say.

Xue Shiye paused for a moment before he spoke, and laughed in his heart. It's hard to lie...

An Lianxi pinched his face, "What bad idea are you planning?"

Xue Shinye stared at his bright smiling face with slightly lowered eyelashes, "I didn't have a bad idea."

An Lian snorted twice.

Xue Shiye continued: "I'm just playing tricks on Xiaoguai."

After finishing speaking, An Lianxi paused for a moment, then put a little more force on his hand, "Let you talk nonsense."

He felt that he had mastered it now and could stay calm when Xue Shiye was talking nonsense like he was now.

Xue Shizhi became more and more emotional, but the corners of his lips were raised high.

The two of them entered the house together.

An Lianxi then let go of his hand, "It's almost the New Year."

No matter how disturbed the outside world was, the Prince's Mansion was still peaceful, and An Lianxi didn't have to worry about other things at all.

An Shouyi came several times during the trip but was sent away by Manager Zhang.

An Shouyi's life is very bad now and he is no longer the Minister of Household Affairs. He was dismissed from his post some time ago, and half his life's hard work finally came to nothing. An Shouyi was filled with injustice, but had nowhere to vent it.

He thought he could soar to the sky with his son.

As a result, his favorite second son died in the moat. An Shouyi went to see the sixth prince several times afterwards, hoping to use his son's friendship with him to get him to say good things to him in front of His Majesty.

But the latter's attitude caught him off guard, because the sixth prince actually avoided seeing him.

An Shouyi was panicking. At this moment, the news that the sixth prince was banned in disguise came out.

What An Shouyi thought was his last life-saving straw was gone. Finally, he thought of his eldest son again. He knew that the prince was not happy with him, but he was still considering whether to continue to go to the prince's house with a face full of shame.

However, he had just met the Sixth Prince, so he should wait a little longer and completely cut off the relationship with the Sixth Prince.

But this didn't seem to help. He couldn't even enter the gate of the Prince's Mansion. He only saw the concierge of the Prince's Mansion several times. If he hadn't acted shamelessly a few times, he might not have even been able to see Mr. Zhang in person. arrive.

Even though he finally met, An Shouyi could only receive a cold look from Manager Zhang.

This Minister An, no, he is no longer Minister An. This man really couldn't figure it out, and his brain was so stupid that Manager Zhang couldn't stand it.

An Shouyi thought that as long as he lowered his profile and looked for it, he might be able to get a chance. Little did he know that if he continued to be so messy, he might not even be able to save his life in the end.

If Xiaoguai hadn't had a child now, Xue Shiye would really not be able to tolerate An Shouyi.

This man is not Xiaoguai's biological father and has nothing to do with Xiaoguai. Xue Shiye has enough means to kill him.

An Lianxi's name has been crossed out from Anfu's genealogy. Xue Shiye personally found the patriarch of Anfu and had someone stamp it with his official seal. Now An Lianxi has nothing to do with An Shouyi.

It didn't happen before, and it doesn't happen now.

An Lianxi didn't know that An Shouyi was still messing around, so he was very happy to draw a clear line with An Shouyi.

A man like An Shouyi is unfit to be a father.

And he was even less worthy of An Lianxi's attention. He was now focused on Bao Bao and Xue Shiye.

This is the first year he and Xue Shine have spent together, and it is also the first year their family of three has spent together.

Although the little dumpling was still in his stomach, they were still together.

Xue Shinye said: "Well, what do you want?"

An Lianxi said: "I want to..."

Xue Shiye listened intently, but was suddenly kissed on the cheek.

He paused.

An Lianxi looked at him and smiled, "I have everything I want."

Xue Shiye narrowed his eyes and looked back, "My dear..."

An Lianxi blinked, "Yeah."

Xue Shiye whispered: "Kiss me again."

An Lianxi lowered his eyes in embarrassment, but he obediently raised his upper body and kissed Xue Shiye's side face again.

The next moment, Xue Shiye held the back of his head and kissed him deeply.

The tip of his tongue hooked somewhere, and An Lianxi trembled suddenly.

Then, he heard Xue Shiye's low laughter.

An Lianxi opened his eyes, raised his eyelids and looked over.

Xue Shiye also stared at him, "Little boy The response was quick. "

With one sentence, An Lianxi instantly recalled what he had said before and immediately pushed the person away, "You bastard."

Xue Shinye smiled and said, "Yeah."

An Lianxi stared at him for a few seconds, "You will sleep in the study today."

Xue Shiye: "I was wrong."

An Lianxi turned his head and didn't look at him.

He has plenty of ways to treat Xue Shiye.

Xue Shiye said something more, and was about to lean down and kiss the man softly. The next moment, he heard An Lian Xi quietly say: "If you want to continue, you are not allowed... to come again in the next few days."

After saying that, An Lianxi's own ears were a little red.

He didn't say anything else, but he knew that Xue Shiye would understand.

Xue Shiye understood, and then he remained still. His eyes were full of desire, but he quietly and obediently followed what An Lianxi said and stopped continuing.

Seeing this, An Lian raised the corners of his mouth in a smile.

Xue Shine's eyes flashed and he said softly: "I won't continue."

An Lian nodded mockingly, his eyes sparkling, hiding cunning.

Xue Shiye said again: "Then, can I be a good boy tonight?"

An Lianxi paused, glanced at him, his ears and cheeks felt warm, and finally he responded vaguely, "Well...it depends on your performance."

Xue Shiye looked at him deeply and said, "Well, I must perform well."

Throughout the afternoon, Xue Shiye acted honestly, doing whatever An Lianxi said without touching anything.

It seems that he is doing well.

An Lianxi was very happy.

He felt that Xue Shiye was too well-behaved.

Is that what you think...

An Lianxi said: "I want to eat mung bean cake."

Xue Shine said: "Buy."

An Lianxi: "Xiaolongbao."

Xue Shiye: "Buy."

An Lian laughed and mentioned a long list of snack names. In fact, he didn't really want to eat it, but he kept thinking about it in his mind, so he asked Xue Shiye to buy it and try some at worst.

If you can't finish it, you can give it to Xue Shine to try. Xue Shine can't eat it either. There are so many servants in Xiyuan, so An Lianxi doesn't worry about wasting it at all.

"There are also candied haws on a stick." An Lianxi added.

Xue Shiye hugged him and shook him, coaxing him like a child, "Buy whatever you want to eat."

An Lianxi nodded, "Yeah."

Things were delivered one by one. The first thing brought by the secret guard was a bunch of red candied haws.

An Lianxi looked at the golden frosting and couldn't help but take a bite.

Xue Shiye watched him eat, waiting for him to spit out the sour taste, but An Lianxi finished the candied haws in just a few mouthfuls, "Today's doesn't seem sour."

He said and went to see Xue Shiye, "Did you buy a fake one?"

How could the candied haws be fake? Xue Shizhi laughed heartily, "It's because your taste has changed."

It is normal for pregnant women to have changes in taste. Sometimes An Lianxi will vomit out the food he usually likes.

An Lianxi responded, looked into his eyes, and smiled, "You are so understanding."

Xue Shinye twisted his lips and said, "Don't eat too much."

When he asked people to buy it, he also asked Doctor Duan. After all, the book didn't have everything, so he still had to listen to the doctor.

Even Duan Xu, who was always asked, felt that the prince was making too much of a fuss, so he answered seriously. You can eat candied haws, but you shouldn't use it too much.

Xue Shiye was very cautious about this, and An Lianxi also obeyed, "Then you can eat the rest." Anyway, he had a lot of other things to eat.

"Okay." Xue Shiye took the candied haws from him and took a bite.

"Is it sour?" An Lianxi asked him.

Xue Shiye: "It's okay."

An Lianxi stared at him as he ate, "I want to eat another one."

Xue Shiye looked sideways.

When their eyes met, An Lianxi took the initiative to move forward and meet his lips. The sweetness of the layer of icing sugar on the outside of the candied haws filled the air. Xue Shiye bit through the sugar coating.

An Lianxi tasted a hint of sourness, and then retreated with contentment.

He asked: "Is it delicious?"

When he said this, An Lianxi's face turned red.

Xue Shiye looked at him with a smile, "Well, it tastes better than before."

An Lianxi coughed lightly and went to look at other things. At this time, several more snacks were served outside.

He looked at Wen Mu who entered the door and said, "You can take the rest and share them."

Onmu nodded.

An Lianxi looked at the still full small table in front of him and said, "We won't have to have dinner later."

Xue Shine said: "I need to use some more."

An Lian looked at him mockingly, "I know."

After eating the snacks, Xue Shiye took him out for a walk. He didn't forget to wrap him up in a cloak before going out. He wanted to hug him when he came back.

An Lianxi said no.

His belly has really started to grow recently, and it's not impossible to hold him sideways, but he still insists on walking by himself.

Xue Shiye did not continue, and the two held hands and returned to the courtyard together. In the evening, Xue Shiye had dinner brought up.

An Lianxi used some, and when Xue Shiye served him soup, he said, "No, I feel like my stomach is full."

Xue Shiye paused his hand and moved his eyes slightly.

The thick clothes could still cover his belly, and An Lianxi's face felt hot when he saw it.

"You... want to see it?"

After saying that, he said softly, as if trying to make up for himself.

"It's night."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

14.1K 156 14
I am Nyx Chronelus my name was picked by my grandpa, my grandpa loved all mythologys and I too am very interested in them after all my name was picke...
3.5M 150K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
3.1M 199K 90
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
31.5K 1K 7
© May 2016 [4 + 1 Fan-fiction Story] [Part of BSD Duology] • revised • "Just let me die." He gritted out--but he never got the chance to die as he wi...