Pokémon Oneshots

By Owlwood97

Pokémon x reader stories with various characters from the games! This will be focusing primarily on character... More

Calem - New Girl
Serena - Rivals
Professor Sycamore - The Professor's Assistant
Grant - Unspoken Feelings
N - Cherished
Zoey - First Date
Piers - Coffee House
Silver - Arranged Marriage
Goh - First Love
Lance - Next Time
Goh - I Want To Hold Your Hand
Brock - Flirting
Ash - Contest Star
Arven - Daddy Issues
Goh - 1,2,3,4
Sakura - Tea Time
Arven - Space
Leon - Three Chances
Brawly - Savior
Grusha - The Ice Prince
N - Three Years Later
Atticus - Wedding Date
Morty - Past Mistakes
Leon - Hospital Pt. 1
Giacomo - Enemies to Lovers
Red - Mermaids
Goh - Summer Lovin'
Ortega - Princess
Ash - The Tournament
Leon - Sickness
Jacq - Sticky Notes
Leon - Sacrifice
Barry - Sweet as Honey
Leon - Confessions
Goh - Halloween Party
Leon - Hospital Pt. 2
Cilan - Phantom
Leon - Insecurities
Giacomo - Regret
Zoey - Driving
Piers - Trustfall
Silver - Scary Movie
Leon - Rings
Tabitha - Protected
Brock - The Soft Side
Dawn - Tag Team
Hugh - Crashed the Wedding
N - Beach Comber
Marnie - Blind Date
Zoey - Secret Santa
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 1
Milo - Rescue
Gary - Love Actually
NSFW Alphabet [Grusha]
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 2
Bede - Yearning
Goh - My Melody
NSFW Alphabet [Cilan]
Carmine - Tease
NSFW Alphabet [Giacomo]
Marnie - Dance
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 3
NSFW Alphabet [Allister]
Grusha - Frostbite
Gladion - Wouldn't It Be Nice?
Shauntal - Coworkers
Drayton - Pen Pals
NSFW Alphabet [Buggsy]
Sir Aaron - Trapped
Allister - Ghost Stories
NSFW Alphabet [N]
Request Page

N - Stable Boy

692 15 16
By Owlwood97

Requested by Captain-America-girl

N x Female Reader

Fairytale AU

Once upon a time, in a far off land. A king ruled with his beloved queen at his side. The kingdom was a happy place, full of pokémon and wonders that would never cease. But what made this kingdom all the more desirable? The king and queen had a beautiful daughter, the young Princess [Name].

The princess was sweet and kind, fond of all people in her kingdom, no matter their status. And she had her own garden on the castle grounds that was open to any pokémon that may wander inside. [Name] would care for them all, especially if they were hurt or in need. Though there was no pokémon more important to her than her beloved Blitzle.

She had saved that Blitzle from a hoard of Seismitoad in garden, and it had stuck to her ever since. And even better? Blitzle stayed in the stables, giving [Name] the perfect opportunities to see him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now [Name], this is Bryce of the Icirrus Kingdom." Your mother gestured to man with long, light blue hair, and wearing a traditional blue and white formal kimono. The man bowed, but [Name] couldn't be less interested if she tried. This was the fifth suitor your parents had set up for you to meet. First was the triplet princes: Cress, Cilan, and Chili from the Striation Kingdom, then Marlon of the Humilau Kingdom, now Bryce. All these boys were very nice, and [Name] was polite, but they were not who she wanted.

It was [Name]'s mother who was pressuring her to marry a man worthy of her. [Name] has come of age and her mother deemed it high time for her to find a husband to take over the kingdom and begin producing heirs. On the flipside, her father, the king, wanted only happiness for his daughter. He believed she would find a love of her own, the same way he found her mother. If it happened to be with one of these prince's? All the better.

[Name] was of course always polite to these men, and would always find a way to politely turn them all down. But as she turned Bruce away, her mother was getting frustrated with her. "[Name]..." her mother chided, pinching at the bridge of her nose. "Mother." [Name] responded, walking past her to change out of the ballgown she was in, in lieu of something much more comfortable. "You will find a husband or so help me [Name]!" She began to lecture, but [Name] was quick to turn on her heel. "Yes mother, I will find a husband, one that I love. Now if you'll excuse me, Blitzle needs me." She slammed shut the door to her room quickly.

"You can't rush love, my darling." The king said, wrapping his arms around his wife. The queen sighed and leaned back into her husband's embrace. "She will not be this young forever darling, just as we are not getting any younger. She needs to find a husband you can pass the crown down to." She turned in his arms to face him. But there was a knowing glint in the king's eyes. "Oh she will darling, just you wait."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Name] quickly changed out of her formal dress, into a much more simple one of her favorite color, and pulled on more rugged boots. She looked into her reflection one more time before setting off to the stables, as quickly as the beat of her heart.

As soon as she set foot in front of the stables, [Name] stopped and straightened her hair and clothes. She took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

[Name] zeroed in immediately on him immediately. The boy with long green hair pulled back into a ponytail, partially hidden under a black and white poor boy cap, casting a shadow over his lovely green eyes. N worked in the stables, taking care of her parents Rapidash's and her Blitzle. Once he heard the crunch of [Name]'s boots on the straw littering the floor, he turned his gaze away from Rapidash he was brushing to her eyes.

"Princess." He bowed, "Here to see Blitzle again? He's been missing you..." He smiled softly. [Name] smiled back and walked over to where her beloved Blitzle was waiting for her. "Is he the only one?" She asked innocently, staring lovingly at Blitzle. N's cheeks reddened and he smiled, "Of course not Princess." "I thought I told you just to call me [Name] when it's just us N?" She finally looked at him. "My mistake [Name]."

N had been working for [Name]'s parents for a few years now, and she fell for him almost immediately. He was so sweet and handsome, all the pokémon loved him, as if they all could understand one another. N was the only other person whom she trusted to care for Blitzle.

Everyday, [Name] would come out to be with Blitzle and spend time with N. N would focus his efforts on the two Rapidash while [Name] took care of Blitzle. They would talk for hours before [Name] had to take Blitzle out for a bit of exercise. [Name] told N everything about her life, though it still seemed so dull. Not to N though, she was as interesting to him as anything.

"How was the suitor this time?" N asked, picking up a bucket of food. [Name] shrugged, "Fine I suppose, handsome, but I didn't feel anything. Seems I might need to to the theatre with him at some point." "Sounds fun." He replied, a little curtly. The corner of [Name]'s lips twitched a bit into a smile. "Perhaps if you spend time with him, you'll feel that connection you're searching for." [Name] shook her head, "I doubt that."

She already felt that special connection with someone. Since the first day [Name] saw N in the stable and Blitzle warmed to him immediately. She had felt that connection with him, and it grew stronger with every moment she spent with him.

"Something I've always wanted to see?" [Name] asked, wondering why N would ask a question like that. N just smiled and nodded. [Name] thought about it for a moment, momentarily pausing Blitzle's treat giving. "Mother used to tell me stories about Sawsbuck. Beautiful pokémon that would change with the season. I've always wanted to see one, but they never seem to want to be in my garden..." N thought about her response for a moment, then nodded.

She just wish she knew more about the boy.

"What about you? Any special girls in your life?" She asked, brushing at Blitzle's fur absentmindedly. "One." N looked at her, and [Name] felt her stomach do a flip. "Is it that maid, Hilda?" She asked, dreading the possibility, but kept her face neutral. N let out a chuckle, "Not her." She couldn't help the sigh of relief that escaped her, and she just hoped N wouldn't notice. He did, and smiled to himself.

[Name] had to leave, but she waved one more time to him before stepping out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, [Name] had come back to N refilling the water tubs. "[Name]" N greeted her with a smile, "Hello N, how are you today?" "I'm well, thank you." [Name] went to Blitzle quickly to take care of him before taking him out for a walk. "N?" "Yes?" "It seems you know quite a lot about me..." She started, and N looked over at her expectantly. "I like to think so" "Can I ask about you then?" N froze.

[Name] was about to walk over, ask what was wrong, but N turned away from her abruptly. "There's nothing to tell Princess, excuse me." N guided one of the Rapidash out quickly, leaving [Name] wondering what had just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since that day, N seemed to be avoiding [Name]. Whenever she entered the stables, he wouldn't be there. But the pokémon inside still looked well taken care of, so N still had to be around. [Name] even started coming in at sporadic times in hopes of seeing him, but she always seemed to miss him. And at some point, she had given up on trying to catch him.

[Name] had been very down. No longer the spirited girl her parents knew so well, and it was worrying them.

"Darling perhaps she is growing lonely, we need to find someone for her." The queen insisted to her husband. He looked sadly at his daughter through the window. [Name] was walking dejectedly with her Blitzle toward the garden. He knew exactly what she needed, but he could not force it. The king sighed and turned to his wife, "Alright. Her birthday is in a few weeks, we shall hold a ball for her and invite all the eligible men we can find."

When [Name]'s mother told her about the plans for her birthday, she nodded numbly. N was avoiding her, apparently not sharing her feelings, so what was stopping her from finding someone else?

Although the thought made her heart ache, [Name] pushed past it, and prepared herself for the ball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks past and nothing had changed. [Name]'s heart still ached for N, but he was nowhere to be seen. The only proof she had that he was still around was the well-maintained stables, and her father's word that he had not hired someone new.

The night of her birthday and this grand ball, her mother had bought [Name] a brand new ball gown, although she had to choke back a sob at the sight of it. It was a spring green ball gown with Butterfree, Beautifly, and flower embellishments. The sleeves were long and sheer, reaching down to the floor, with a slit to let her arms out if needed. It was beautiful, absolutely stunning, but it reminded her so much of N.

Once she had placed a small silver tiara on her head, [Name] made her way down to the ball.

During the party, [Name] danced with multiple eligible men that her parents had invited, but she felt no spark with any of them. No one had danced with [Name] more than once. More often than not, [Name] could be seen sitting on her throne beside her parents in the main hall.

"[Name], come here." Her father beckoned her over, further away from her mother. [Name] stood gracefully and moved to her father's side, where he quickly pulled her head down to whisper in her ear, "Sweetheart, I know you have been down, why not escape to your garden with Blitzle for a bit, I'll distract your mother." He winked at her. [Name] blinked at him before breaking out into a huge smile, "Thank you father!"

Once [Name]'s father gave her the signal, she rushed out of the hall and outside, where she quickly ushered her Blitzle outside, trying not to look for N, resigning herself to the fact that he wouldn't be there.

[Name] led Blitzle directly to the garden. She sat on a stone bench while Blitzle went to go see who was inhabiting her garden tonight. So far they had seen some Petilil, a Duosion, Drilbur, Patrats, and a Munna had made their home there. Luckily it didn't seem like any of them were hurt.

[Name] took a deep breath and closed her eyes, listening to the wind rustling through the trees and the sound of all the pokémon playing. Her father was right, this was exactly what she needed. It gave her a moment to think. If N was going to such lengths to avoid her, they must not have the connection she thought they had. She needed to move on, her parents wouldn't be young forever. So [Name] conjured up all her memories of N, ready to lock them away forever. A tear slid down her cheek and she took one more breath before opening her eyes again.

"Princess [Name]?" A voice softly called out behind her. [Name]'s eyes widened, she recognized that voice. She stood up quickly and turned, seeing N standing at the entrance to her garden in white suit, still wearing his hair up, but without his hat on. [Name] desperately wanted to run to him, ask where he's been, and spend time with him like they used to. But she held herself back, not wanting to have heart break again.

Instead [Name] curtsied. "N, is there something I could do for you?" She tried to keep her voice steady. "May I enter your beautiful garden Princess?" He asked, eyes not leaving her own. She nodded, "You may."

N wasted no time walking toward her. [Name] clasped her hands together in front of her, squeezing tighter with every step closer N got until he was right in front of her. "You look beautiful Princess." N breathed out. [Name] couldn't help, but let a small smile escape, "Thank you N. You look quite handsome tonight." N smiled and bowed his head, "Thank you Princess. I...have come here in hopes of speaking with you?" [Name] nodded and gestured toward the stone bench before taking a seat.

N took a seat beside her, still leaving a bit of space in between. N took a deep breath and spoke again, "I owe you an apology, and an explanation for why you haven't seen me around." "N you do not-" "Please let me explain." Neither of the two looked at each other, keeping their eyes trained forward. When [Name] didn't say anything else, N continued.

"My father...was not a good man. And my mother died when I was young, I don't have much memory of her." N stated, "We were poor growing up. My father watched the royals and nobles with such jealousy. He wanted what they had, he wanted power. He thought if he was the only one with pokémon, he could have all the power....so he started stealing pokémon from their homes..." [Name]'s eyes widened. She knew this story, her father had told her about a man who stole pokémon and bullied nobles in other kingdoms. But he was given the death sentence about three years ago.

[Name] reached out and placed her hand over N's, "Thank you for telling me N...but then why have you been avoiding me?" N glanced at their hands, then back at her. "I didn't want you to find out about my father...I didn't think you'd want to be seen with me." [Name] squeezed his hand, and used her other hand to turn his face toward her. "Your father's mistakes are not your own. What he did not define you. N you are one of the sweetest men I've ever met and connect with pokémon so well...you're nothing like your father."

N smiled gratefully, "I'm sorry I avoided you..." "It's ok N." "Can I give you your birthday present now?" He asked suddenly. [Name] stared at him, and nodded.

N stood and took her hand. [Name] let out a whistle and Blitzle came running up to the both of them, happily nuzzling N. N chuckled, "It's good to see you too, but we need to take Princess [Name] to her gift." [Name] nudged N playfully, "We made up, what are you supposed to call me?" N raised her hand up, and kissed her knuckles gently, "[Name], come with me."

With hands still together, N led her off the castle grounds. With every step farther away from home, [Name] felt herself growing more nervous. Blitzle tried to comfort her by staying extra close. N also seemed to notice and squeezed her hand, "Don't worry, we're almost there. Stay close. I'll protect you."

N guided her out and into a forest hidden behind her home. [Name] moved even closer to N, having never walked into this forest before. But all that fear evaporated as the two of them broke the tree line and entered a clearing. A wide open field ringed with trees stood before them. It was just the beginning of Spring so the flowers hadn't opened quite yet, but the full moon was high and bright in the sky.

"It's beautiful here N..." [Name] breathed out. N moved his hand away from hers, but quickly wrapped it around her shoulders. "Over there [Name]...happy birthday.." N turned her face toward the center of the clearing, where a herd of Sawsbuck and Deerling were resting. Some were grazing while others slept peacefully. The Deerling had soft pink fur while the Sawsbuck had flowers beginning to grow out of their antlers. Some white tuft from their time in Winter still stuck to their legs. "You...remembered?" [Name] asked quietly, not wanting to disturb the pokémon.

N leaned his head against hers, "Of course I remember. I remember everything you tell me. You're important to me." [Name] leaned further against him. "You're important to me too N...I couldn't stand it when you were avoiding me..." N turned her around so the two were face to face. "I will never do that again [Name]."

Then suddenly, N was down on one knee. "I have loved you for so long [Name]. I thought my past with my father would dirty your life, so I stayed away. But I couldn't stand it any longer. I spoke to your father, asking for his blessing to marry you...and he gave it to me." Tears were stinging at [Name]'s eyes. So her father knew, he cared, he would let her fall in love.

"Will you marry me [Name]?" N asked. "I may not be a noble, or wealthy, but I will spend my entire life devoted to making you happy." [Name] nodded her head vigorously. "N...of course!" She threw her arms around him, tackling him down into the grass. N wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. [Name] didn't care that they were far from home, that her new dress was probably getting ruined, what her mother might think.

[Name] pulled back, just for a moment, to kiss N. The couple held each other close as the kiss deepened. They kissed as if they never would again, though they both knew that wasn't true. But right know, under the beautiful sky, with Blitzle, and the family of Sawsbuck and Deerling nearby, it was either of them could have asked for.

And they lived happily ever after.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 4.9K 120
Guess who learned how to write stories for EVERYONE regardless of gender or sexuality! (Because I stopped being in denial and came out as pansexual)...
64K 466 18
Hello! I know I have not played the game yet, but I think I've watched enough to know the whole story. I'll try to take up on requests if I can. I'm...
27K 392 12
Bunch of one-shots about Ash's Greninja and Ash, mostly Ash-Greninja returns because there aren't enough of those. I guess everyone's busy writing th...
181K 1.9K 68
My dearest apologies although this book has been discontinued due to lack of motivation. - Welcome to Pokémon Trainer One-Shots and Scenarios! Here...