Never Let Go - Danisnotonfire...

By phangirlingweirdo

- won first place in the summer 2015 x reader fanfiction awards - You feel like your life is one big existent... More

a/n: disclaimer
Introducing You...
Landlord Peasant
And So It Begins...
Don't Stalk Me!
Hello Internet!
Too Many Innuendos...
Twenty Questions
"My Rambling is... Cucumber?"
The Interview
"What is my life?!"
Abused... Bruised... Alone?
The Aftermath
Diagnosis and a Tour
Pizza and a Close Call
Annoying Cashier
Advice with Dan
Skyping Feels
Youtube...?
Spaghetti and Damp Clothes
Stay with me...
Soggy Cereal
Artistic Attempts
Heart-to-Hearts in a Cupboard
Hangover
Awkward... >.<
Llamaaaa :3
Guitar Hero
Danosaurs be craaazzzyyy
"A winky friendship is a good friendship."
Pancakes
Sherlock is Bae
Movie Marathon
Advice with Phil *cue jingle*
Shiz happens.
"You're ruining my liveshow!"
Waffles and Horror Movies
Awkward Experiences
Cooking and Arguments
Friends Again...?
Phan... Sorta.
The Inner Badass
Twister and Ice Cream
The Deep, Dark World of Tumblr
Visitors
GULLIBLE.
The Fairground
Looking for the Lion
The Postman ruins Everything.
Announcements and Turnips
Gertrude...
Third Video!
Mario Kart and Liveshows
a/n: omg!
Shopping and Cereal
Stirfry and Complete Failures
Zoe's Party - Part One
Zoe's Party - Part Two
The Worst Party Ever?!
Twitter Troubles
CACTUS ASSAULT
Making Up and Strange Dreams
Treeee!
Minty
Phil's Date
Piggy Backs
Salted Caramel Brownies
a/n: 2k?!
Phangirls and Embarrassing Phil
Anxious Thoughts...
Nostalgia and Vegetable Pie
Coincidence? I think not...
Alpacalypse.
a/n: 3k! omw 0-0
Search and Find
Sudden Realisations
Morning Breath Kisses
Hiccups and Phone Conversations
Midnight Magic
Nightmares and Lucky Charms
a/n: 5k! :D
Cards Against Humanity and Codes
Decoding and Panicking
Sickness and Cuddling
Noodles and Theories!
The Big Reveal...
Cookies and Queries
Teasing ^v^
Decorating and Christmas!
Brighton Beach
Never Let Me Go
Bonus Chapter - Minty's Real Name
Answers to the Character Ask

The London Eye and Games

13.7K 519 638
By phangirlingweirdo

Phil's POV:

I grab my phone and go to find Dan and Y/n. I find them in the kitchen, along with an amazing chocolatey smell.

"Have you guys been baking?" I ask them.

I see a camera facing them. Oh, they were filming.

Dan nods. "We made salted caramel brownies!"

"It smells so good," I comment. "Can I have one?"

Y/n nods. "Go ahead."

"Take one for Minty, too," Dan adds.

I give them both a suspicious look. "How do you-"

"Phil," Dan interrupts. "You hardly ever leave the house, and yesterday you said you had met a pretty girl. Now take a brownie and go see her!"

I roll my eyes, smiling, and take two brownies. "Thanks, and bye!"

They both wave as I leave the kitchen.

My phone bings.

Hey, Phil! Can't wait to see you :)

Likewise :3

I smile to myself and get a taxi to the park.

*le time skip*

I walk through the gates and navigate my way to where Minty and I came with our drinks yesterday.

She's sitting there, her short brown hair being blown back gently by the wind. I shout her name and she turns around, locking eyes with me.

I sit down beside her. She hugs me tightly, making electric tingles run through my body.

"Hello!" she says, flashing me a warm smile, her eyes crinkling up.

I return the gesture. "Hey. How are you?"

"Great, thanks. How are you?" she replies.

"Wonderful," I say, grinning.

There's a pause.

"The weather is really nice today," I point out.

She laughs, and I give her a confused look.

"Typical British person, talking about the weather," she explains, shooting me a playful glance.

I widen my eyes in mock horror. "That is extremely stereotypical of you. And you can't talk, you're British too... aren't you?"

Minty shakes her head and grins. "I'm Irish."

I furrow my eyebrows. "But you don't have an-"

"An accent? I pick up accents very easily, I guess. My family moved here when I was fifteen," she says.

"Ohhh. Does your family have an Irish accent, then? If they've lived in Ireland for most of their lives?"

"Yeah, they're pretty hardcore Irish," she laughs.

I laugh along with her.

"Where are you from, then?" she asks me.

"I was born in Rawtenstall, Lancashire," I reply, giving her a small smile. "So you might hear some Northern coming through my voice sometimes."

She smiles. "Yeah, I thought I heard some Northern in your accent."

"I'm not very good at hiding it," I say, shrugging. "So how was yesterday with your mum?"

She rolls her eyes. "She's such a nag sometimes."

I laugh softly. "Yeah, same with my dad. What did she say?"

She puts on a high pitched, annoying voice. "Minty, Minty, why don't you have a boyfriend yet? You're getting old, your life is slipping away! Go outside and find someone to love! Oh, while you're at it, clean the house too, and put the food in the oven. I've noticed that the fireplace is a bit dusty, the duster is in the cupboard under the sink. Thanks honey, and be back in time for tea!"

I clutch my stomach as I laugh. "Is that what she's like?"

She shrugs and grimaces. "Basically. She's so annoying! And I don't even live with her anymore."

She groans and rolls her eyes. Suddenly, she perks up, grinning at me. "Do you want to go on the London Eye?"

I smile at her eagerness. "How could I refuse, when you're so eager?"

She blushes and looks away, smiling. "Sorry, I can't help it..."

I chuckle. "You don't need to apologise; it's cute."

Her face turns a darker shade of pink. I jump up from the bench and hold my hand out to her, to help her up. She grasps it and stands up.

"Let's go!" I exclaim, gently taking my hand away from hers and walking in the direction of the park gates. I don't want to be spotted holding hands - that could be disastrous.

We arrive at the London Eye a few minutes later. Surprisingly, the queue isn't overly long, so we get on a pod in about five or ten minutes.

Minty presses her hands to the window like a excited five year old. I chuckle at her, and she steps away from it. It's all steamed up, and she wipes the moisture away with her sleeve.

"Oops..." she mumbles, looking warily at all the other people in the pod. They haven't noticed, luckily.

The security guard stares at us as if we're mental. Which is true, to be honest. But in a good way.

I smile happily and look out the curved windows at the beautiful view of London. From up here, you can see almost everything. The big glass walls of The Shard, the massive clock tower, Big Ben, and Trafalgar Square, with the lions in the middle. Along with a lot more things.

I sigh contentedly and close my eyes briefly. I always find it relaxing up here. It makes me feel like I'm flying.

My thoughts are interrupted by a timid tap on my shoulder. I turn around to face Minty. "Hm?"

"Could we take a selfie?" she asks.

I smile widely. "Sure."

Dan's POV:

I stuff another brownie into my mouth and savour the taste, moaning again. Y/n shoots me a glance. She's obviously trying not to laugh.

"What?" I ask, my mouth full.

"And you said I was disgusting!" she laughs. "You hypocrite."

I punch her lightly on the shoulder, making an indignant noise.

"I was going to say that you shouldn't make those noises, Dan. What will the neighbours think?" she says, raising her eyebrows and acting shocked.

I swallow the brownie. "Psh, they won't care. They make those noises all the time anyway."

As if on cue, a moan sounds from the flat below.

"See?" I say, half amused by Y/n's reaction and half disgusted by the noise.

She scrunches up her nose. "They're so loud..."

I laugh. "You haven't heard the half of it, believe me!"

She laughs along with me and helps herself to another brownie. "These are so good!"

"I know," I agree. An idea pops into my head. "Do you wanna play Mario Kart?"

She nods enthusiastically. I chuckle.

"Okay, you get the Wii remotes and I'll set it up," I say to her.

She gets up from the sofa and walks over to the TV, reaching her hand behind all the DVDs we have and searching around. I do the same, trying to find the Mario Kart disc.

Our hands meet, and she looks up at me and blushes. I chuckle.

"You act like you're a seven year old girl with a crush, Y/n," I tell her, not meaning to be hurtful.

"Maybe I am a seven year old girl with a crush, Daniel," she replies, winking at me.

I act oblivious to her wink. "And who might that 'crush' be?"

"Oh, just the most handsome twenty four year old I know," she says. "He has beautiful brown eyes, the shade of chestnuts, and flecks of honey gold scattered through them. He has quite pale skin; he used to look like a freaking Mexican, but now, not so much. He has adorable dimples, just here," she continues, poking my cheeks. "And soft brown hair, which is naturally curly. He hates it, and straightens it nearly every day, but doesn't seem to realise that his girlfriend and basically all of the Phandom loves it."

I feel myself flush. "You're so cheesy."

She flicks her hair. "You love it."

I lean in and kiss her, forgetting completely about the Mario Kart game.

A/N: HELLLOOOOOO

I enjoyed writing this ^-^ I hope you enjoy reading it too!

Bye bye xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 927 22
This is (obviously) a Dan Howell, or danisnotonfire fanfiction. This was completed as of January 4, 2015 :) please vote and comment thank you for rea...
75.3K 2.3K 33
i am almost 18 i wrote this in 5th grade please stop reading this it is awful 😭 you grew up in london. it was time that you moved to a different fla...
458K 13.4K 32
"I'm sorry," he began, stepping forward "I couldn't say this over the phone. I couldn't. I just... I was so happy!" Your face fell, you were sitting...
184K 4.2K 88
Your neighbors with Dan and Phil, and from the first minute of meeting you Dan has been acting strange. Your a fan girl of the both of them but keep...