Pokémon Oneshots

By Owlwood97

Pokémon x reader stories with various characters from the games! This will be focusing primarily on character... More

Calem - New Girl
Serena - Rivals
Professor Sycamore - The Professor's Assistant
Grant - Unspoken Feelings
N - Cherished
Zoey - First Date
Piers - Coffee House
Silver - Arranged Marriage
Goh - First Love
Lance - Next Time
Goh - I Want To Hold Your Hand
Brock - Flirting
Ash - Contest Star
Arven - Daddy Issues
Goh - 1,2,3,4
Sakura - Tea Time
Arven - Space
Leon - Three Chances
Brawly - Savior
Grusha - The Ice Prince
N - Three Years Later
Atticus - Wedding Date
Morty - Past Mistakes
Leon - Hospital Pt. 1
Giacomo - Enemies to Lovers
Red - Mermaids
Goh - Summer Lovin'
Ortega - Princess
Ash - The Tournament
Leon - Sickness
Jacq - Sticky Notes
Leon - Sacrifice
Barry - Sweet as Honey
Leon - Confessions
Goh - Halloween Party
Leon - Hospital Pt. 2
Cilan - Phantom
Leon - Insecurities
Giacomo - Regret
Zoey - Driving
Piers - Trustfall
Silver - Scary Movie
Leon - Rings
Tabitha - Protected
Brock - The Soft Side
Dawn - Tag Team
Hugh - Crashed the Wedding
N - Beach Comber
Marnie - Blind Date
Zoey - Secret Santa
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 1
Gary - Love Actually
NSFW Alphabet [Grusha]
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 2
N - Stable Boy
Bede - Yearning
Goh - My Melody
NSFW Alphabet [Cilan]
Carmine - Tease
NSFW Alphabet [Giacomo]
Marnie - Dance
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 3
NSFW Alphabet [Allister]
Grusha - Frostbite
Gladion - Wouldn't It Be Nice?
Shauntal - Coworkers
Drayton - Pen Pals
NSFW Alphabet [Buggsy]
Sir Aaron - Trapped
Allister - Ghost Stories
NSFW Alphabet [N]
Request Page

Milo - Rescue

538 5 8
By Owlwood97

Requested by Totodilelover33

Milo X GN Reader

A/N: Have a little preview into a big project I'm working on 😏

Set in an AU

You woke to the sound of Rookidee chirping outside your window and sunbeams casting in right in your face. Your Bounsweet was still fast asleep next to your head.

You took a deep breath and smiled up at the ceiling above you, "Good morning!" You called out to no one before starting your morning routine.

You lived in a small stone and wood cottage out in the woods, far from the local village. Not because you were shunned, exiled, or outcast. You just preferred the peaceful privacy and the simple life you lead here. You lived amongst the forest pokémon and ran a small farm bursting with fruits, vegetables, a honey harvesting spot from all the Combee, and a pen of Wooloo and Miltank.

The farm wasn't too large, just big enough to sustain you and help make you make a little money. Just because you lived in a cottage in the woods, didn't mean you didn't enjoy the occasional indulgence in the village?

Once you returned back inside from harvesting food, taking care of the Combee houses, and feeding your other pokémon, you saw that Bounsweet was finally awake and moving around. "Finally awake are you?" You asked smiling. 'Sweet!'

You set down a bowl of berried for it before preparing your own simple breakfast. You had a lot of produce to bring into the village today to sell, so you needed to get a move on.

"Be back later!" You and Bounsweet waved to the rest of the pokémon on the farm, carrying the produce you were selling in a large basket and heading for the village. The wind rustled the leaves in the tree lightly, the river nearby was gurgling, and the sound of the various forest pokémon buzzed around you. It was so peaceful, until it wasn't.

The sound of an extremely distressed pokémon caught your ears. "Sounds like they're in trouble. Let's go!" You told your Bounsweet before taking off running. Bounsweet struggled to keep up so you scooped it up and put it in the basket of food. The sound was getting louder along with the river. You broke the tree line to see a small group of Excadrill towering over a frightened looking Totodile. But this Totodile looked different. It's skin was a pale green instead of the normal blue.

You stepped forward, "Hey! Leave that Totodile alone!" You yelled out. The group of pokémon turned to look at you. The Totodile took the chance to run past them, hiding behind your legs. The Excadrill growled and stalked toward you. You were working on adrenaline, not thinking this far ahead. You were a farmer, not fighter or trainer. You took a step back, keeping Totodile behind you, "Ok let's not be hasty ok..?" You laughed nervously.

One of the Excadrill lunged for you, you closed your eyes and braced for the pain. But instead of pain, you heard something slam into something else. You opened an eye to see a Flapple had rammed into the charging Excadrill. You gasped, watching the Flapple shoot bullet seeds at another. The Flapple looked strong, but you still would've felt bad leaving it on its own. 

That is until the Flapple looked directly at you. It was strange. Almost as if, it was just telling you to go. You grabbed Totodile, holding it close and ran off toward the village.

As soon as you entered the town square you inspected the Totodile for injuries. It seemed shaken up, but otherwise ok. "I have to sell some stuff, then I'll take you back ok?" You asked it. It didn't answer, just nuzzled deeper into your arms. "Bounsweet, why don't you keep it company?" Bounsweet came to attention and sidled up to the Totodile while you sold your produce in town.

While you walked, your mind wandered back to the Flapple. It looked strong, but you were still worried about it. It could still be hurt, Excadrill could be pretty strong. "Maybe I should buy some potions before I leave...you mumbled." You looked up, seeing that you've walked over to a large statue in town. It was of one of your countries gods, specifically the god of grass pokémon.

No one actually knew his name or what he supposedly looked like, but he was a big deal in this village. Not only did he oversee all grass type pokémon, but he was a patron of farmers like yourself and oversaw nature, fertility, and harvests. The statue was of a large muscular man surrounded by various grass type pokémon: Gourgeist, Toedscruel, Lilligant, Bellossom, Bulbasaur, Flapple, and Decidueye.

You stared at the statue for a moment, focusing primarily on the Flapple statuette. Something felt...different. Almost like you had seen this exact Flapple before...but a real one? You shook the thought out and continued on your way. As soon as you took care of your errands, you used some of the money to buy potions, hoping the Flapple was still ok. 

Spending time with your Bounsweet seemed to calm the Totodile down and already seemed close. But it was time to take it back home and check on that Flapple, so you headed back toward the river, hoping the Excadrill would be gone.

As you approached the river bank, you set the Totodile down. "Feel free to visit whenever you want ok? I hope you find your family?" You smiled and waved at it, but Bounsweet didn't follow. You turned and looked at it, "What's wrong?" You asked it. It started following again, and so did the Totodile. "What about your family?" You asked it, it just stared at you with big eyes. "Do you...want to stay with us?" It jumped up happily. "Alright then!" You laughed, "Let's go check on that Flapple."

But when you got to the spot where the Excadrill attack happened, you gasped and dropped your basket. A man was lying on the riverbend, covered in gashes and bruises, completely passed out. You ran over and kneeled beside him, "Are you ok!?" You asked. The man was tall and broad chested, wearing a green work shirt, jeans, boots, and a straw hat hanging around his neck. His hair was a soft peach color and freckles adorned his face.

You shook your head. You didn't have time to admire the stranger's handsomeness. You turned to Bounsweet, "Head back to the cottage and come back with Mudsdale!" Bounsweet immediately bounded off with Totodile in tow. Meanwhile you looked around for any herbs you could use to treat the man. Up ahead you saw some bearded lichen. You laid your head down on the man's chest. You let out a sigh of relief when you heard a steady heart beat. "I'll be right back!" You told him, knowing he probably couldn't hear you.

You quickly grabbed as much lichen as you could and ran back over. You ripped off strips of your clothes and started dunking the lichen in the river water. You got to work quickly applying the wet lichen to the man's wounds and wrapping them. Something was off though...there were far fewer wounds on him than there was a moment ago. "Strange..."

Not long after you heard the whinnying of a Mudsdale and stood up. It galloped over to the two of you and kneeled down, allowing you to move the large man onto its back and carry him to your cottage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You managed to get the man into your bed to rest. You would check in every once in a while to change his bandages. After the third check-up, his wounds were completely gone, and you had no idea how. But the important part was that he was doing better, and that was good enough for you.

For now you were putting together lunch in your kitchen. It had been almost a week since you found the handsome stranger and had been caring for him, he hadn't woken up yet. And since your cottage currently only had one bedroom, you had been sleeping on your couch while he occupied the bed.

On the other hand, Totodile was adjusting to its new life on the farm quiet well. Unlike your Bounsweet, it would wake up with you and help you water the plants. It seemed to take pride in this new job, but as soon as you were back inside, it would sidle up to your partner again.

You heard the floorboards of your home creak, and you whipped your head toward the sound. You gasped and dropped the spoon you were using to cook. "You're awake!" The handsome man walked in, looking around at his surroundings. "How...did I get here?" He had a bit of an accent that you couldn't quite place.

You turned your stove off, "I found you passed out by the river. I brought you to my home until you were all better." You smiled at him, "I gotta say you healed incredibly fast!" You laughed. The man stared at you and laughed nervously. "Ah well, thanks. Sorry for causing you trouble." You waved it off, "I was just happy to help. How are you feeling now?" 

The man stared at you for a moment. "Are...you ok?" You asked again, placing hand on his forehead, "Maybe you developed a fever...?" You mumbled. The man flushed, "Ah well, I am feeling a little off still..." He bounced on his feet nervously. "Well you're welcome to stay as long as you  need until you're feeling better." You held your hand out to him, "I'm [Name]!"  The man took your hand, his hand was so much bigger than yours, and calloused like yours. "Call me Milo."

After lunch you gave Milo a tour of your farm. You were worried it would be a bit boring for him, but he was enraptured. Milo wanted to know everything about your farm: what you grew, how the pokémon are doing, and how you managed it. On top of that? All the pokémon on the farm loved him. Especially the grass type pokémon. Bounsweet was in his arms almost the entire time, and the Oddish, Deerling, Cherubi, and Gossifleurs that frequented your farm surrounded him.

"You really do great work here [Name]." Milo smiled. You blushed a bit at his praise, "Thanks Milo." "Can I ask why you do it?" He asked suddenly, stopping in place. You turned to look at him, "I like the peace and quiet, the life I live out here. With just me and the pokémon. And the farm makes me feel like I have a purpose, and I help out the nearby village." You smiled, remembering how it all started.

Your dad passed away long ago, and man that hurt. Mom wasn't a great person and you wanted out of her home as soon as possible. As soon as you were old enough, you left. You found this old cottage in the woods, refurbished it, and made friends with the pokémon around. Bounsweet was the first one to stay and the rest soon followed.

Milo stared at you as you were lost in your memories. When you finally snapped out of it and looked at him, he had the softest, warmest smile on his face. You cleared your throat, sure your face was red, "A-anyway that's it!" The Totodile ran over to you and raised its arms. You bent down to pick it up and held it close. "[Name]?" Milo asked. "Hm?" "I was thinking, as a thanks for saving me. I could help out on your farm here? I'm pretty good at that kind of stuff." You knitted your brows together, "Aren't you still unwell? I wouldn't want to hinder your amazing recovery?" Milo smiled again and waved his hand, "I'm used to that sort of work, it might even help me recover faster! What do you say?" He smiled again. Your eyes caught on his beautiful freckles. They really shone out in the sunlight shining down. You were mesmerized, how could you say no!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Milo was right, he was made for this kind of work. The plants seemed to perk up around him, the Miltank and Wooloo loved him, everything just seemed to grow better when he tended to them. He was so helpful, always offering to carry things for you and so sweet to you. Always smiling and complimenting you, his words made your heart flutter every time. To you, he was perfect, And you could feel yourself falling for him everyday.

"Milo, I'm going into the village! Do you need anything!?" You called out into the house. Milo appeared in the doorway, "I'm alright, do you want the company? I've heard there's been some trouble with pokémon in the forest lately..."  He looked at you, clearly concerned. It made your stomach do a flip, weirdly excited that he was so worried abut you.  "I'll be ok, I'll bring Totodile or Bounsweet with me." Milo walked closer and placed a hand on your cheek. You let out a small gasp. "I just don't want you to get hurt..." He muttered softly. All you could do was nod.

You walked into the village with Totodile in your arms, but your thoughts kept driving back to that moment with Milo. He had a look in those eyes that made your  legs turn to jelly and your heart beat wildly. Did Milo feel the same way that you did? You could feel your cheeks heating up at the idea. 

But really you should've been paying more attention. You had wandered off accidentally to a different part of the forest and ended up in a dead end. "Oh...guess I should-" There was a rustle in the bush. You turned to see an Electabuzz  coming out, and it looked angry. Your face paled and you hugged the frightened Totodile closer. "How does this keep happening?" Your voice was soft and shaky. 

Electricity started emanating from its body menacingly. You ducked down and squeezed Totodile close. "[NAME]!" You heard Milo call out. You glanced at him, terrified. The small glimpse you saw of his face was a mixture of fright and anger. "GET AWAY FROM THEM!" Milo yelled, and in an instant a Toedscruel stood towering over the Electabuzz. It stomped its tentacle down, causing cracks in the earth heading straight for the Electabuzz and blowing it far into the forest.

As soon as everything calmed, the Toedscruel turned back into Milo who was breathing hard. He stared at you, wearing a complexion you couldn't quite comprehend. It was too much for you, and everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were awoken by a bright light in your eyes. You slowly opened your eyes and looked around, to see you in your bed at home. "You're awake..." A voice breathed out next to you. You looked beside you to see Milo sitting next you, holding your hand closely. "What..?" You started to ask and Milo's face flushed, "You uh, passed out after the Electabuzz attack..." He looked away, unable to meet your eyes.

The wheels started turning in your head. The Flapple. Finding Milo by the river. The statue in town. His farming expertise. How the grass pokémon around the farm treated him. Then everything you saw earlier that day. You sat up, "You...you..." "I was going to tell you..." Milo said, still not looking your way.

"You're...the god of the grass pokémon?" "I really have to talk to Volkner and Rika about those pokémon that attacked you..." "W-who?" "They're gods too...electric and ground specifically." Milo explained. Your head was spinning, so you took a deep breath. "Ok...so you are a god...that does explain a lot...like how fast you healed, but why did it take you so long to wake up?" "Well healing myself takes quite a bit of energy so..." He scratched his cheek nervously.

You nodded and pulled your knees close to your chest, "And...why'd you save us that day?" Milo finally looked at you and smiled, "Because you're amazing. You run this farm all on your own, all the pokémon love you. When I saw you in danger for protecting pokémon, I knew I had to step in and protect the one I loved." 

Your jaw dropped, "L-loved...?" You asked, feeling your heart rate speed up. Milo nodded, a faint blush on his cheeks. "I haven't...fallen in love with a mortal before...and to be honest, I've been here, on this farm before..." You tilted your head in confusion, "You...have?" Milo nodded. "I took on different forms...Nuzleaf, Paras, Budew..."  Your eyes widen in recognition. You remembered seeing all those pokémon on the farm, and how they followed you around. "You are...unlike any mortal I've met. You're attractive, kind, hardworking. How could I not fall for you?" Milo smiled, that handsome smile again with all his cute freckles.

You thought about all the moments you've had with Milo lately, how fast you had fallen for him. But he was there the whole time, you just hadn't known it. And then you got to really see him and spend time with him. "I know this is weird with what we are but-" Milo had rambled, so you cut him off by pulling him by the collar of his shirt closer, kissing him.

His eyes widened at first, but closed quickly as he wrapped an arm around your waist, pulling him up against you. The kiss was dynamic, everything you could've asked for in a kiss. You were both reluctant to pull away, and when you did, you were panting slightly. "Can you stay...here on the farm...with me?" You asked softly. Milo smiled and cupped your cheek, pecking you on the lips again. "For as long as you want me to.." "But..." You bit your lip. "What does this mean for us...? A mortal and a god...?" You asked nervously. "We'll figure it out later...for now we'll just be together...ok?" You smiled, nuzzling your face into the palm of his hand, "Ok."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 174 22
Requests closed these will just be short stories...... possibly very short.... Or possibly long... enjoy~ Best ratings ~ ~1 magikarp ~2 swsh ~2 Bede...
55.6K 667 14
UwU here I go again with more oneshots. God it'll be hard keeping up with all my books at once but I also, really do not care. This is for the sake o...
27K 392 12
Bunch of one-shots about Ash's Greninja and Ash, mostly Ash-Greninja returns because there aren't enough of those. I guess everyone's busy writing th...
2.3K 13 9
I'm already simping for way too many characters and thought I mind as well make this sense the rest of my other ones are getting ignored- so uh ye- h...