Let Me

By unbreakable16_

What happens when dancer Denzel falls for his boss? More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86

Chapter 61

242 18 1
By unbreakable16_

Janet
"Okay, are you guys ready?" Denzel held my hand as the doctor turned on the ultrasound machine.

"Yes." She put the wand on my belly and we heard the baby's heartbeat. Soon we saw the baby and it was moving around.

"Looking like we got an excited one." We laughed. "And it looks like....it's a girl."

"See, I told you." Denzel smiled.

"I can't believe it. A girl."

"She looks very healthy and is developing very well."

"That's great."

"Based on this, we can put your due date in the beginning of December."

"That's so amazing." Denzel couldn't take his eyes off the monitor. "I just...uhh." Tears came to his eyes.

"Baby, why you crying?" I rubbed his face.

"This is just such an amazing experience. Seeing it from the very beginning and knowing what it will grow to be is just...it's....uhh."

"Awww." I sat up and pulled him into a hug.

"You're amazing." He pulled away and held my face. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"I need to do something for you."

"You don't have to..."

"I'll be right back." He ran out of the room with his phone.

"Girl, I've never seen a partner react this way."  said Lori. We both laughed.

"Me either, but he's really sweet like that."

"Okay, so we love good news, but here's some not so good news."

"What?" I got nervous.

"Well, two things; one, your blood pressure is high, so that puts you in a high risk factor. So you need to keep your stress levels down as much as possible."

"Okay, what's the other thing?"

"My office in Atlanta isn't doing so hot and I have to go there to straighten things out. So I won't be here to do your check ups." My heart sank.

"Lori, you have to be my doctor. I don't trust anyone else."

"I know." There was silence.

"What if we came there?"

"You would come to Atlanta to follow your doctor?"

"I don't trust anyone else with this. Plus me getting another doctor increases the risk of my personal business getting out. I can't have that."

"Janet, I want you to be safe."

"And I won't be if you're not here, so I'll go to Atlanta. I have a house there and Denzel's family is there so that's a plus." She sighed.

"Okay, but I'm leaving in two weeks."

"That's fine. We can get there in time."

"Alrighty. Let me know when you'll be flying out and I'll schedule you an appointment so I can make sure everything's okay. Flying can be a lot when you're pregnant."

"Thank you."

Denzel
"Boy! I know you lying!"

"No, ma. I'm serious."

"You've been keeping this a secret this whole time. Oh my god! A daughter in law and grand babies.I'm so excited."

"I know. Sorry for keeping the secret for so long, but Janet's very worried about the public being rude about these things."

"It's okay, baby. I'm just so excited."

"Good. That's great because I want you to come out here and meet her."

"Ohh. Baby I'm sorry. I'd love to, but I can't."

"Why not?"

"Traveling is too much on my body right now since the surgery. My doctor advised me to not leave Atlanta."

"Aww man. I really want you guys to get to know each other."

"I know, baby. God will provide a way." I sighed.

"Alright. I'll see what can be done. How are you doing though?"

"It's been a little hard. Being 65 and having heart surgery is never going to be easy, but I made it through. The new heart is doing great. My body's not rejecting it, so all is well. I just can't risk flying."

"I hear you and I'm so glad you're doing better."

"Thanks, sweetie."

"Babe, are you ready to go?" Janet stood in front of me.

"Yeah, I'm ready."

"I'll talk to you later, Denzel. Love you."

"Love you too, mom." I hung up.

"Aww, that was your mom. How's she doing?"

"She's good." I stood up and took her hand. "Her heart is doing well."

"That's good. We have to remember to visit her."

"Yeah, we should plan to take a trip out there." We got on the elevator.

"Oh no, that's not what I meant."

"What do you mean?"

"Lori has to go to her offices in Atlanta to get it back in order and it's going to practically take the rest of my pregnancy, so I was thinking we could go and stay in the house I have there so that she can continue to be there until the baby comes." God works too fast.

"That's perfect, babe."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's absolutely perfect. My mom is in Atlanta and she wants to be around to help and get to know you better. She can't travel right now and I was thinking of a way she could be involved." She smiled.

"Then everything is perfect."

"Yeah. We can even bring your mom and Rebbie with us."

"You want them to come too?"

"Yeah, I know how much they mean to you and I was reading this paper on pregnancy when it relates to black women and it said that they have an unknown emotional and mental need to be around their mothers before they give birth as a version of nesting."

"Wow." She stared at me for a little while. "Okay, I'll ask them." We stepped off the elevator and went into the private waiting area.

"And then Superman flew down and caught Lois Lane right before she fell. Isn't that cool?"

"Yeah!" Saleh and Eissa were sitting and looking at a comic book. Eissa was on his lap.

Over the last couple of weeks, he has been very active with Eissa. Once Wissam's mom found out that he had sided with Janet, they had this huge argument and he hasn't gone back to London. He had been staying at a hotel ever since.

"Now, let's see what happened with.." he sat that comic book down and picked up another one.

"BaMa!" Eissa cheered and grabbed the book.

"Be careful. You don't want to break it."

"Hey, guys." They looked up. Saleh stood up with Eissa in his arms.

"Hey, is everything good?" He asked.

"Everything's great."

"So did you guys find out what the baby was?" asked Joey.

"A girl."

"Awesome. You hear that Eissa?" Saleh tried to talk to him but he was distracted by the Batman comic book.

"We'll tell him later." We all headed out the private entrance to the truck.

"There's actually something I have to tell you, Saleh." Janet spoke to him as he strapped Eissa into the car seat and got in.

"What's up?"

"My doctor has to go to Atlanta for some time and we're going to go there so she can continue her care of me."

"Okay."

"Okay good?"

"Yeah. I mean, an LA hotel is no different than an Atlanta hotel."

"You'll go tk Atlanta?"

"Yeah, if that's okay with you guys. I don't want to overstep." I looked at Denzel.

"No, it's cool, man. We just didn't know if you'd want to go back to...."

"I'm not." He looked down at Eissa. "She has the same evidence and information I have and she's choosing to follow and stick beside Wissam. My other children and I agree that if she wants to support him, then that's what she'll do." He looked back at Janet. "We want what's best for Eissa and that's obviously you. So whatever you need, we're here for."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. So when are you guys leaving?"

"Next week."

"Do you need help packing anything? You don't need to be lifting stuff."

"We're not going to pack too much because we may still come back. Plus my house in Atlanta is furnished, so we mostly need clothes and Eissa's toys. We can put his room together when we get down there."

"Cool." We rode the rest of the way home in silence. It was nice to see everything going so perfectly in Janet's life. If anyone deserved it, it's was her.

————————————————————————————

Awww.....the happy family

Thoughts??

Follow Me!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 256 8
Joe didn't date. Ever. But what happens when Rami sets him up with someone and it's more than he bargained for?
2K 47 24
Aneessa 26 year old business woman who seems to have her life in order with a little bit of chaos on the side. She doesn't tolerate Being played with...
11.2K 464 12
A vampire queen, that's exactly what I am. I rule over every vampire and they happily bow down to me. Some try to take my place, but you still see me...
3.7K 151 19
One is a Cold Mafia Boss, and another is his Shield. What will happen if the Mafia Boss falls in love at first sight with his Shield without knowing...