Sarang- Life Of A Kpop Soloist

By Slytherin1604

"Choi Sarang I'm in love with you. I've always been and I'll always be." Jungkook whispered to Sarang. Follo... More

Bighit Artists
SARANG PROFILE AND FACTS
The start of it all
My Heart Will Go On
Meeting at Bighit
Finally a trainee?
Sarang's Aesthetic
Officially a Trainee
Boy in Luv
Meeting Yeonjun
A Day In The Life Of A Trainee
화양연화
Album & Hugging Jungkook
Concept photos
Officially A Soloist
Music Shows, MV, and reactions
Behind The Scenes Of MV
First Fan Sign And A Surprise
Fan Sign For The Loved Ones
Nation's Sweetheart
Photos from Fansign
CSAT and Year End Award Shows
2016- Album, Acting and OST
Behind The Scenes From Drama
Soaring Popularity
Running Man and Crushes
Running Man and Crushes Pt. 2
Knetz react to Gong Yoo-Sarang
College Life Of Sarang
Hello My Twenties!
Daesang
Dares, Drinks And Kisses
What Are We?
Reality
Lethal Love
LATE NIGHT SHOWS IN US
Male Friends
WORLD TOUR
Iconic Moments Of World Tour
Billboard Music Awards
Questions
Dinner at Grandma's House
Lead Role and Lee Jongsuk
Vacationing with Girl friends
Pics from the vacation.
Hiphop Album
NATION'S ACE
Magazine Cover
Juniors
Sarang On Knowing Bros
Birthday Night Kiss with Jungkook
Brand Ambassador Sarang
Moving Into New Home
Jungkook's Surprise
Vlive
College Music Festival
Unbeatable
Rude Bitxh and first Heartbreak
Lies
Dating Scandal
Confronting Jungkook,Jamie & More
Eunwoo
Eunwoo x Sarang Kisses
Collab Stage with Jungkook &more
Weekly Idol with Seventeen
Not the greatest New Year eve
Bighit Family and Jungkook
Jungkook is getting bolder?
Shareholder Sarang?
Still With You
Breakdown and Fan Song
HITIBO Reaction and Dynamite
New Album; Vintage
Reactions and Achievements
Mentor Sarang on Iland
Mentor Sarang On I-Land Pt. 2
Yoongi, Plans for 2021-2022
World records & Emmy Nomination
Hybe x Game Caterers
Hybe x Game Caterers pt. 2
Knetz react to Hybe Game Caterers
Run BTS x Sarang x Jungkook
Hiding with Jungkook
Shopping with Jungkook & Jin's Enlistment
At Jungkook's Apartment
Dinner with Jeon Family
Confessions and New Year's Kiss
Officially Dating
Kissing At HYBE & Almost Getting Caught?
First Date With Jungkook
Stepping into Chinese Industry
Youth Periplous, Chen Zheyuan & More Chinese Friends
First Valentine's Day with Jungkook
🎶 New Album 🎶
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE ALBUM
Sarang in USA
Sarang on Suchwita ft. Jungkook
Sarang on Suchwita ft. Jungkook Part. 2
Discussing Seven MV with Sarang
Seven MV making and Behind The Scenes!
97 LINERS REACT TO SEVEN MV WITH JUNGKOOK AND SARANG
KNETZ REACT TO SARANG AND JUNGKOOK IN SEVEN
A Golden Date

Emmys

2.2K 87 15
By Slytherin1604

"Everytime you step foot in America the weather becomes clear." Andrea Kim, one of her stylists commented.

"Do you know she's called as a weather fairy back in Korea?" Minhee, her manager excitedly started telling Andrea about the title much to Sarang's amusement.

"What do you think Sarang, how do you look?" Andrea asked as she stepped back and let Sarang see herself in the mirror.

Sarang stood up and walked closer to the floor length mirror. She slowly turned around and couldn't help but smile as she stared at herself.

"It's beautiful." Sarang whispered in awe.

"No you're beautiful. The dress and makeup is just enhancing your beauty." Andrea's remark made Sarang blush a lovely shade of red as she thanked her stylists for their work.

"Unnie when do we need to head out?" Sarang asked while taking a selfie to post on her SNS later.

"In about twenty minutes." Her manager answered.

Thirty minutes later as Sarang sat in the back of the car while waiting for her turn to step out she nervously looked at her phone. It'd take about ten minutes before she was called in for the red carpet.

"I can't believe I'm finally here. Who'd have even thought I'd be at Emmys?" Sarang wondered to herself.

She looked down at her phone when she saw a notification. She clicked on it and instantly started smiling. Her nerves easing faster than lightning.

"Sarang-ah, I'm so proud of you. Don't be nervous, show them how amazing you are 💗 I'll always be rooting for you. I'll be watching the show, hwaiting ❤❤"

It was a message from Jungkook. She had recieved atleast hundred messages from a lot of her friends and family members. Some had even sent her whole paragraphs worth of messages. And while she was really thankful to all of them, no message was able to calm her nerves.

No message except for the one by Jungkook.

It was short but it gave her more courage and comfort than any other message. She took a deep breath before squaring her shoulders and getting ready to step out of car.

"Jungkook-ah I'll make you proud."

As soon as the door to Sarang's car was opened she was met with thousands of camera flashes. Used to flashes she smiled at them and walked onto the red carpet. She waved at all the paparazzi and made sure to make eye contact with as many cameras as possible.

Her other cast members joined her onto the red carpet and Sarang made sure to pose with both Ahn Bohyun and Lee Junho. Since both My Name and The Red Sleeve were nominated the cast and directors of both dramas were present.

Once the red carpet photos were done she walked closer to the barricade where there were hundreds of Sarangdan and other kpop fans who were calling her name and asking for a pic. She shook hands with some and took selfies with some others before giving them all a big smile and making her way towards the interview section.

"Hi!" The interviewer waved her over smiling.

"Hello!" Sarang replied with a big smile making the interviewer smile even more.

"Well first off I need to start by complimenting you. You look absolutely gorgeous love." The lady gushed making Sarang blush slightly.

"Oh thank you very much. You look really beautiful too." Sarang returned the compliment while giving the lady a sincere smile.

"Ah you're too kind sweetheart." The interviewer laughed good naturedly.

"So how are you feeling today? Excited or nervous?"

"I feel like a bit of both?" Sarang replied with a nervous laughter. "It's definitely a great feeling. It's my first time at Emmys so I'm a tad bit nervous but I'm really looking forward to it as well."

"Who are you most excited to see today?"

"There are lot of people I'm excited to meet tonight but I'd say Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Macfadyen and Zendaya are the ones I'm especially eager to meet."

"Do you think you'll win tonight?"

"It's an honor in itself to be nominated alongside so many great actors who I've admired for a long time so whether I win or not I'd still be really happy. Of course if I do win that'd be really great but for now I'm just planning on enjoying the night and not thinking about all that. Yeah."

"You've been nominated for two of your dramas how does that feel?"

"I'm really thankful that people enjoyed the drama and my acting. As an actor I'm really grateful and promise to show you guys an even better side of me in the future."

"I saw you were taking pics with your costars and noticed y'all seemed to be really close. Your chemistry on screen was greatly praised especially with Junho."

Sarang could sense where this was going and tried her best to keep her face as neutral as possible.

"Are you perhaps dating any of the two handsome gentlemen over there?"

Sarang couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her at the absurd question.

"No we're just good friends and that's all."

"That's a shame you'd have made a beautiful couple. Moving on, what's your next project?" Thankfully the interviewer didn't press any further.

"I'm reviewing some scripts right now so nothing has been finalized as of now."

"And when can we expect your music comeback? I for one, absolutely loved your latest album and am eagerly waiting for the next one."

Sarang laughed slightly and the interviewer seemed to have caught on the fact that Sarang didn't wish to answer that question cause she moved on.

"It was lovely talking to you. Congratulations on your nominations once again, hope you have a great night."

Sarang thanked the interviewer and posed for one last photo before moving inside. She spotted her cast members and made a bee line towards them.

"Yah where were you?" A slightly distressed Bohyun whispered.

"I had an interview." She replied looking apologetic and took her seat between him and Junho who gave her a small smile.

Sarang greeted the celebrities passing by and took several photos with a lot of them. Surprisingly enough a lot of them told her they were fans of her and really enjoyed her watching her works.

As if that wasn't enough Sarang noticed Zendaya walking towards Sarang and was surprised beyond belief when she hugged Sarang.

"Oh Sarang it's been a while since I last saw you. How have you been?" Zendaya asked enthusiastically.

"I've been great, how about you?" Still in a daze Sarang questioned.

"Just the usual. I loved your works a lot. I've seen all of the dramas you starred in and I must say I've become a fan." Zendaya kept showering her with praises.

"Oh right, when will be your next tour? I enjoyed it a lot the last time I attended your concert, I'd love to attend this time around too."

"Ah I haven't planned anything right now. I'm focussing more on acting right now so I don't think there will be a tour for atleast a year." Zendaya sighed at Sarang's answer.

"Aww that's a bummer. But I totally understand you. Oh how long are you staying here?"

"I'll be going back to Korea three days later."

"Perfect! Do you want to hang out tomorrow or the day after?" Zendaya asked enthusiastically much to Sarang's delight.

"I'd love to, it's been a while since we last met but are you sure? Aren't you busy?"

"Girl I'd love to catch up with you. I'm not busy at all. It's done then, I'll send you the address tomorrow."

And just like that Zendaya walked away with a big smile.

"I didn't know you were so close with Zendaya." A surprised Junho whispered making Sarang realize that a lot of people had probably heard their conversation.

"We met previously through mutual friends. She attended two of my concerts couple years ago and we hit off really well." Sarang answered with a small shrug.

"Wow she's really a big star." An awestruck Bohyun whispered pointing at Sarang.

"Maybe we should start addressing more formally." Junho joked earning a scoff from Sarang.

The ceremony began and Sarang watched starstruck as a lot of celebrities whom she had seen on TV stood on the stage right in front of her. What's even more surprising were the screams and cheers everytime Sarang was shown on the big screen. Sarang smiled and waved at the camera resulting in the screams getting even louder. She could see the way a lot of attendees were shocked to hear it.

The audience was full of Lovelight, Sarang's official lightstick. She spotted plenty of army bombs, moa bongs and caratbongs too along with other artist's lightsticks too.

Sarang's heart warmed at the gesture. It felt like her friends were there too, cheering for her.

The ceremony went on for a while before it was time for the announcement of one of the categories Sarang was nominated in. Sarang sat up straighter when the nominees were shown. She was nominated twice for her roles in My Name and The Red Sleeve.

"And the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a drama series goes to-" Sarang clasped her hands together in a silent prayer "- Choi Sarang for The Red Sleeve. Congratulations!"

Sarang broke into the biggest smile ever as everyone around her stood up to congratulate her. She thanked everyone and shook their hands before making her way towards the stage. As Sarang accepted the award her hands were shaking and yet her smile never once wavered.

"It's such a dream come true for me to be standing here, I'd like to thank the TV academy for this honor. I'd also like to thank Jung Hae-ri jakkanim, Jung Ji-in
Song Yeon-hwa pd nim and all of my costars and the staff involved. I'd sincerely like to extend my thanks to all the fans and the viewers who watched the drama and supported me. I wouldn't be here without you guys. Thank you everyone."

Sarang bowed slightly and took in the scene of everyone standing and clapping for her. It truly felt surreal.

Following her award for best leading actress, Sarang won another award for Outstanding Lead Actress In an Action Series for My Name. This time her walk towards the stage was much more relaxed and confident.

"It's truly a surreal feeling to receive two awards on the same night. I feel like no words can express the happiness I'm feeling right now. I want to dedicate this award to my parents, grandparents and friends watching from home. Thank you guys for always believing in me and supporting me throughout all of my ordeals. And of course my Sarangdan, you guys are the best."

Sarang once again thanked her staff, co stars, directors and writers for the drama. The Red Sleeve won the award for Best Drama Series while My Name won the award for Best Action Series.

Sarang was having the time of her life as she made her way to change her dress and attend the after party. A lot of people congratulated her. Some of the directors and producers even handed her their business cards and told her that they were interested in helping her make her hollywood debut.

Now that was something Sarang could've never imagined when she had decided on attending the after party. She had thought that it was just a regular party. But it was brimming with people building connections, congratulating each other and scouting a potential actor for their next project.

To think that no less than eighteen people handed Sarang a business card was astounding.

"Yah at this rate you'll become a global actress." Junho joked as he nudged her shoulder.

Bohyun apprached them and handed them a wine glass each before raising his own. "To Sarang and us."

"To Sarang and us." Both Junho and Sarang clinked their wine glasses with Bohyun's as they congratulated each other.

CHOI SARANG CREATES HISTORY AT EMMYS

By Park Yumi

Choi Sarang has been making waves in the idol industry ever since she debuted seven years ago. Her prowess isn't limited to singing and performing as the soloist has proven herself as one of the top actress at the moment. She has been making and breaking records since she debuted and this time is no different.

Sarang has become the first native Korean actress to win the Emmy for the best actress in a leading role. And she won it in two different categories creating history.

Sarang who has been on a hiatus for almost two years now has shown her excellent acting skills through various dramas and movies. Initially people were skeptical as she is an idol-actress however Sarang proved them all wrong as she impressed everyone by her phenomenal acting skills.

Sarang was nominated for two of her works; My Name an action packed intense drama and The Red Sleeve, a heartbreaking romcom. She showcased two completely different characters with such sincerity that even the haters turned into her fans.

Last night Sarang along with her My Name costar Ahn Bohyun and The Red Sleeve costar Lee Junho attended the 74th Emmy Awards. The directors, writers and supporting actors also joined the trio.

After a rather eventful interview where Sarang denied yet again that she was dating Lee Junho and spilled beans on her upcoming projects, fans were delighted to see Sarang absolutely slaying on the red carpet.

According to a report #Sarang was the most tweeted hashtag yesterday and Sarang was the most talked about celebrity in the world last night with various artist related keywords and hashtags trending on social media worldwide.

A lot of fans and non fans alike were pleasantly surprised when the popular star Zendaya approached Sarang and the two engaged in a conversation. The two seemed to be close to each other which sparked curiosity among netizens as to how the two got to know each other and how close they were. Some even wondered what the two were talking about.

For the unversed Zendaya attended Sarang's concerts in the past and has often confessed that she's a fan of the Golden Blues singer. Zendaya had once even sang Sarang's golden blues briefly on a live.

My Name and The Red Sleeve had eight nominations combined among which they won four. Two of which were won by Sarang herself. This is a big milestone in her career.

Sarang's speech is also going viral as netizens praise her for thanking everyone and making sure to speak in both Korean and english.

Several moments of Sarang from the show have gone viral including a photo of Sarang stepping out of the car. Her white outfit and ethereal visuals have earned her the nickname of "the angel fairy"

Another viral clip is when Sarang was shown in the big screen and the audience erupted into loud cheers as everyone looked surprised at Sarang's fame.

The netizens are also laughing at the adorable height difference between Sarang, Lee Junho and Bohyun.

Post Sarang's wins, many of her friends posted congratulatory messages for her on social media, including her best friend Jungkook of BTS, the rest of the BTS members, Cha Eunwoo, Mingyu, DK, The8, rest of the Seventeen Members, TXT, Joy, Kim Sejong, Jihyo, Kim Taehee, Song Hyekyo, Nam Joohyuk, Kang Haneul, Lee Jongsuk and many more.

As we write this article the congratulatory messages keep pouring in including from the government and minister of Korean culture and tourism who has praised Sarang for helping improve Korea's image and boosting the tourism of the country.

Here's what the netizens have to say about Sarang;

"Congratulations choi sarang!! I'm so proud to be your fan"

"ㅎㅎㅎㅎ the height difference between the three of them is so cuteㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ"

"Sarang was born to create history"

"Two Emmy wins in two different categories in the same night, do y'all understand how insane that is????"

"Sarang looks so beautifulㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ"

"The way her hands were shaking while accepting the award and yet she kept smiling and her voice was so steady🥺🥺 she's a professional for sure"

"Junho, Sarang and Bohyun are a trio I didn't know I needed but now that I have seen them together I want them to act in a drama together."

"The interviewer was doing good until she ruined it all by asking the dating question tsk tsk"

"Sarang never forgets to thank Sarangdan, she's so sweetㅠㅠㅠㅠ"

"Not the celebs getting surprised cause of audience's cheers when Sarang came on screen lmaoooo"

"Sarang is the IT girl fr!!! She was all everyone was talking about last night."

"One of my cousins was a staff at the after party yesterday and they told me that a lot of high profile directors approached Sarang and gave her their business cards"

"At this rate I won't be surprised if Sarang makes her hollywood debut soon"

"WHY DID NO BODY TOLD ME THAT SARANG AND ZENDAYA FUCKING KNOW EACH OTHER AND ARE THIS CLOSE?

"Oh ik Zendaya and Sarang were spilling some tea. Look at them, totally gossiping and my nosy ass wants to know all about it"

"Jungkook posting a message congratulating Sarang as soon as she won oh he was watching the show with us."

"Not the audience gasping in awe when Sarang smiled. They're all down bad for her just like us fr"

"Sarang is an introvert but she's a literal social butterflyㅋㅋㅋㅋ"

"ㄴㅇㄱ i had no idea sarang was this famous overseas, but looking at the crowd and cameras I realized her popularity is no joke"

"Sarang's speech was so beautifulㅠㅠㅠ"

"I love the fact that sarang didn't shy away from speaking in Korean during her speech even though she's fluent in English. She never forgets her roots, as a Korean sarangdan I'm so proud of her <33"

"Emmy's done, Oscar and grammy next let's go"

"Junho and bohyun making sure they stay near sarang and turning to her whenever someone approached them is so cute😭"

"It felt like a cat being surrounded by two golden retrieversㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ"

"So proud of sarang!!!"

"So many celebs wished her congratulations wow, she's truly well loved by everyone"

"I was standing near the barricade and shook hands with sarang. She's absolutely breathtaking irl too. Like photos don't do justice to her beauty at all"

"She's such a great actor, I'm not a fan of her but I can't deny she hundred percent deserved those awards more than anyone"

"sarang winning two out four awards that they won oh talk to her very nicely."

"Sarang was the reason I watched both of those dramas"

"Of course jungkook, mingyu, yeonjun and Jihyo were the first ones to wish her congratulations. I'm telling y'all those four have the fattest crush on sarang but y'all aren't ready for that conversation yet."

"It's so cute how sarang clasped her hands when the nominees were announced."

We congratulate Sarang on her wins and wish her all the best for her future endeavors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 484 42
JK X READER "You're an idol , he's an idol He finally confess that he likes you." Jungkook finally confess his love for you and you just can't bel...
152K 7K 87
"How can the reason you don't want me at Big Hit be that you're afraid the boys will fall in love with me?", she questions the ridiculousness of what...
153K 2.5K 86
Y/n has always dreamed about being a k-pop artist and has been on a lot of auditions. One day she gets accepted to BigHit Entertainment and finds out...
6.4K 215 18
Mi-na knew a job in Bighit Entertainment will be life changing for her lil Jinju, but little did she knew that it will change her life upside down to...