Trolls Band Together (feat. F...

By IluvOlaf3

Ever written a love story about your favorite celebrity falling in love with you? Queen Poppy doesn't know it... More

Moving In
Poppy's Advice
Welcoming Synth
Waltz The Line
Party Plans
Engagement Party
Willow's Secret
Just Friends
Ex-Uncles
Let's Get Married!
John Dory
What's Wrong With Floyd?
The Breakup Explained
Looking For Spruce
Vacay Island
Bringin' Back BroZone
Tracking Down Clay
Viva
Sisters!
Walking Out
Captured!
Rescuing Floyd
Crashing The Red Carpet
The Chase
Perfect Family Harmony
Reunion
Family

Torn

1.5K 31 57
By IluvOlaf3

Okay, another new rule. No spamming the comment section about your own/someone else's works. Only talk about what's going on here.

Enjoy!

Poppy and Viva spent the rest of the night bonding and making up for lost sister time. Of course, Viva remembered to be gentle as she got to know her little niece. And Flower was pretty happy to discover she had an auntie, even if she was a little too grabby every now and then.

“So, I was thinking about getting more into, like, reading short stories and essays instead of full novels," Poppy explained as the three of them sat on the couch in Viva's house, which was actually the ice cream cone obstacle.

“Ooh! I love that for you!" Viva said supportively.

“Yeah," Poppy laughed as Viva climbed up a ladder to a shelf filled with candy. “But, um, just to circle back real quick, I still have a million questions about what happened."

“Yeah!" Flower agreed. “So spill, Auntie Veev!"

“Flower, don't be rude," Poppy whispered to her daughter.

“I used to live at the Troll Tree, I was there when you were born, and you were so cute!" Viva said. “Kinda like you are now, only teensier and weensier and... Oh! Do you want to make candy necklaces that we never finish because we eat all the candy?!"

“Obviously!" Poppy replied eagerly. However, she was still curious. “But Veev, um... just gonna need you to focus here and-and tell me everything. Why am I only learning about you now? What... happened?"

“We got accidentally separated, and I've lived here ever since. The end!" Viva answered, holding a candy dispenser. “Wanna do candy toe rings next?"

“Uh, accidentally separated?" Poppy repeated.

“When did that happens?" Flower wondered.

“I think I know," Poppy said to her daughter, leaving her on the couch while she approached Viva, who was more focused on making a candy necklace. “Viva, are you talking about the night the Trolls escaped Bergen Town?"

“Oh, yeah," she stammered. “Yeah, I-I-I guess it was that night."

“Auntie Veev, you can talks about it to us," Flower tried to reassure her. “It could helps yous."

“Oh, I don't want to scare you, Flower Power," Viva said.

“I'm not afwaid," Flower insisted. “How come you didn't twy to find us?"

“Flower does have a point," Poppy said in agreement. “I'm sure you would've loved to be there when she was born, and maybe become her godmother."

“I thought so many times about leaving, y'know?" Viva admitted. “To look for you and Dad, but... it's not safe out there."

“How do you know if you never weave?" Flower pointed out.

“You-you wouldn't understand, you're just a little kid," Viva muttered, turning away from her niece. Poppy could tell this hurt Flower's feelings.

“Okay," she said, trying to keep things calm. “Obviously, this is a lot, and you should be able to open up about this on your own time. But we'll have plenty of time to work through this on the way to Mount Rageous!"

Viva laughed. “Whoa, I am not going to Mount Rageous. And neither are you, silly! You're never gonna leave again!"

Before Poppy or Flower could say anything else, Viva grabbed her cape and headed out the door.

“Wait, what was the... What was that last thing?"

💚🩵💜🩵💛🩵🩷🩵💙🩵

“So, we off to save Floyd?" Clay asked Willow and the guys.

“Not yet," Willow replied. “I wanna know what Viva's deal is. I literally said Floyd is dying, but she doesn't want us to help him anyway. What gives?"

“I'm sure she doesn't want Floyd to die, Willow," Synth said in Viva's defense. “She's probably just happy to have her sister back. Must be nice. I never had a family."

“It's actually a little more complicated than that," Clay admitted. “Follow me, and I'll explain everything."

The six Trolls looked at each curiously before following Clay to a dark, secluded area. Willow created another light orb and placed it on the ground so Synth wouldn't freak out.

“Clay, what's going on?" John Dory asked curiously.

“Viva doesn't like to talk about it," he explained in a quiet voice. “It's too painful for her, but she's been here ever since the night of the Great Bergen Attack."

“Great Bergen Attack?" Synth wondered.

“Yeah, we're gonna need some context," Willow said. “Branch is probably the only one of us who would know what you're talking about, since he was actually there."

Clay nodded in understanding. “Not everyone made it out of that tree. Some of them got trapped by Bergens. They were this close to getting eaten, until Viva and some of the other Trolls fought them off. But by then, the tunnels had collapsed and they were cut off from the rest."

“And Viva never found Poppy or their dad," Willow finished.

“Exactly," Clay confirmed. “Instead, I came across them, wandering through the forest. Poor Viva was so scared, so I helped her get back on her feet and we agreed to work together to keep the others safe. Viva found this old abandoned Bergen golf course and transformed it into this Troll utopia. We formed this little sanctuary of survivors. I added fire exits, she added her heart and soul."

“Sounds just like her," Synth sighed dreamily.

“We were just told about an incredibly traumatic experience, and that's all you got from it?!" Willow exclaimed.

“Hey, hey! I feel for her!" Synth argued. “She lost everyone and everything she loved and doesn't want that to happen again."

“And neither do we," Clay agreed, packing up a bag. “Okay, guys. If we're gonna save Floyd, we need to get going."

Branch nodded. “I'll go get Poppy and Flower."

“No, no, no, wait! Hold on!" Clay said, holding his little brother back. “There's no way Viva's gonna let them go."

“What? What are you talking about?"

“Like I said, she's got some stuff going on, man," Clay pointed out. “If we don't wanna get trapped, we should sneak out now!"

“What do you mean by ‘trapped?'" Synth asked. Suddenly, giant spotlights shone on them and the gates slammed down, shutting them in! The Trolls could hear Rhonda crying and scratching her paws against the door. “Oh. That's what you mean."

“Ah! Hey, Viva!" Clay laughed nervously as Viva and the rest of the Putt Putt Trolls surrounded them. “What's up, girl?!"

“Still have the hots for her, fish boy?" John Dory asked bitterly. Synth just lowered his head in shame.

“Viva!" Poppy called out, making her way through the crowd with Flower in her arms. “What are you doing?!"

“You're not leaving here, no matter what because... because it's just not safe out there!" Viva claimed. “You're welcome!"

“Wait, is this about the Bergens?" Poppy asked. “Because they stopped trying to eat us. That's all in the past!"

“Yeah, right," Viva said sarcastically. “That's hilarious, Poppy. I'm laughing really hard."

“I'm serious, Viva," she tried to reassure her. “Bridget... my best friend I was telling you about... she's a Bergen!"

“It's twue," Flower confirmed as Poppy put her down so she could pull out a scrapbook.

“Look!" Poppy said, handing the scrapbook to her sister. “Bridget and I do a million fun things together! We talk and we play games and we sing songs and make up these really bad dances... It's a lot like... Well, actually, it's a lot like what you and I have been doing! The world's a lot different than it used to be."

“Not only, that," Synth added. “But my fellow Techno Trolls hid underwater away from the rest of the world until we realized it wasn't as scary as we thought. Except for when the Queen of Rock kidnapped us and tried to destroy who we were, but she apologized for that."

“Viva, look, I used to be just like you," Branch explained. “I built a bunker, and I lived in it for years because I knew it was safe. And sure, it-it kept me alive! And I never had to wear pants!"

“Oh, no," Willow groaned as John Dory and Bruce shared a look of concern.

“But I was living... without pants," Branch pointed out. “Does that make sense?"

“Well, I feel judged," Tiny said to himself. Being a glitter Troll, he never wore pants or any kind of clothing.

“You don't understand," Viva said, still not listening to them. “I just got my sister back. I'm not gonna lose you, for anything."

“Even if it means someone else has to die?" Willow asked, approaching the Putt Putt queen. “Viva, let me tell you something. Poppy is the bravest, most stubborn Troll I know. I promise, you're not going to lose her. Not even now."

At that moment, the gates opened back up. While the rest of the Putt Putt Trolls ran off, Viva looked up to see who opened them and felt the bitter sting of betrayal.

“Clay?"

“I'm sorry, Viva, but we have to leave," he insisted painfully. “I don't want to lose my brother, either. Let's move!"

Without hesitation, John Dory picked Flower up and the group quickly made a run for it.

“Call me!" Synth whispered to Viva before Willow grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him away, following the others.

“No, no! Poppy, wait!" Viva called out, and attempted to run after her... only to freeze once she stepped into the light and backed away, filled with dread. “Poppy! Please! I want you to stay!"

While the rest of the group boarded Rhonda, Poppy stopped in her tracks and turned back to face her sister.

“Viva, I can't do that," Poppy said. “But you can come with us! I-I-I know you think it's risky, and maybe it is, but it'll be worth it! Family's always worth it."

Holding Flower with one arm, Branch looked back to see Poppy approaching Viva and held her hand out, hoping she would agree.

But Viva was just too frightened.

“No, no, no. I... I can't."

With tears in her eyes, Viva handed the scrapbook back to her little sister and stepped back just before the gates closed once again. Feeling heartbroken, Poppy just put the scrapbook down against the door.

Branch was right, she thought. Family is complicated.

Speaking of Branch, she felt him place a hand on her back and gave her a small reassuring smile. Poppy smiled back at him, still uncertain, and looked back up at the gate. Despite her pain, Poppy knew there was no time to dwell. They had to get to Mount Rageous.

Even if it meant losing her own sister.

Next couple of chapters might be a little difficult to figure out. Basically, Willow gets really angry. Well, angrier.

Until next time. 🌈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 109 12
With Branch and Poppy needing a break from their overwhelming duties, Branch's brothers all volunteer to babysit the latest edition to the royal fami...
40.8K 715 27
This is for all Trolls lovers and those who have are into the BroZone brothers too!! I hope you guys will enjoy my very first BroZone story! (Novembe...
45.9K 778 12
Princess Poppy of Troll Village couldn't be happier with how things were going. It had been almost nineteen years since the Trolls escaped the Bergen...
84.6K 2.2K 28
Val and Poppy discover that Branch has more family out in the world and was once part of the famous boy band, BroZone. When one of his siblings, Floy...