Poppy's Advice

Once Willow was far away from Shadow Springs, she let out a huge sigh in relief. However, she quickly found herself facing a new dilemma.

“I don't wanna go back to Shadow Springs, but I don't wanna hurt Synth's feelings by not visiting him," she said to herself. “He's annoying, but a sweetheart. Being half Pop Troll, I can't turn down a potential friendship, but the fourth worst thing that ever happened to me happened there!"

Willow sighed in exasperation. There was only one Troll she could turn to to help her with this sort of problem.

💚🩵💜🩵💛🩵🩷🩵💙🩵

I love you always, forever

Near and far, closer together

Everywhere I will be with you

Every sin, I will do for you

I love you always, forever

Near and far, closer together

Everywhere I will be with you

Every sin, I will do for you

Willow flew all the way to the home of Queen Poppy, leader of the Pop Trolls, and quietly peeked through the entrance to find her singing a sweet lullaby to her young daughter, Princess Flower. Not wanting to cause trouble, Willow decided to wait until Poppy had gotten her child to fall asleep. Once she did, Willow quietly snuck in and gently tapped on the Pop queen's shoulder.

“Hi, Pops," Willow whispered nervously. “I'm sorry to bother you."

“Oh, Willow, there's no trouble," Poppy insisted. “So, what's going on?"

“Well, um... How do I explain this?" Willow asked herself before telling Poppy, “You remember Shadow Springs?"

“Of course!" Poppy answered. “I loved going to their water park as a kid! I was so upset when they closed down because of all those health code violations."

“Yeah, total shame," Willow replied sarcastically. “Anyways, I just met this Techno Troll. He built himself an underwater house and is moving in. I told him I'd think about visiting him tomorrow. I don't wanna hurt his feelings, but I really don't like being anywhere near those springs."

“Too overwhelmed with melancholic nostalgia?" Poppy asked. Willow shyly looked away.

“You could say that," she mumbled. “What am I supposed to do? He gave me the same snuggly puppy eyes I make when I want something!"

“Okay, let's just take a step back and figure this out," Poppy said calmly. Then, she asked her friend, “What was your first impression of this Troll?"

Apart from being a nosybody? Willow thought before answering, “Well, he's loud... like a Troll. Positive, upbeat... Doesn't have a full name. He's just Synth. Kinda gullible, too."

“Sounds like you're still not sure," Poppy said. “I think you should go back and get to know him a little more. You might just make a new friend for life. And maybe it'll bring life back to Shadow Springs, too!"

“Maybe," Willow replied, feeling uneasy. She was afraid Poppy would say that. “Still, I don't know."

“How about I go with you?" Poppy offered. “I'd like to meet this guy. And I'll bring Branch and Flower, too. Would that help?"

“It might, except for one tiny thing," Willow pointed out. “You guys can't breathe underwater."

“Yeah, that's true," Poppy realized. “But you do have magic... Well, magic different from the rest of us. I'm sure you can figure something out."

Willow thought about this for a moment and said, “I'll get back to you on that."

And so, Willow flew out of the pod, nearly knocked over Branch as he stepped inside, and was gone just like that.

“What's going on with her?" Branch asked.

“Branch, you're not gonna believe this," Poppy began. “Willow's making a friend on her own!"

Branch blinked. “What does that mean?"

“A Techno Troll named Synth just moved into Shadow Springs," Poppy explained. “He and Willow just met, but I think it could be the start of a beautiful friendship that'll last for years to come."

“I don't know, Poppy," Branch said. “Willow always seems uneasy when Shadow Springs is mentioned. Even if she does like Synth, she shouldn't go if she doesn't want to."

“Oh, she just misses all the fun times she's probably had there," Poppy figured. “I said we can all go with her to visit him if she can help us find a way to breathe underwater. That's okay, right? I don't wanna put you on the spot. Especially since you've never been to the park."

“Honey, I'll be fine," Branch insisted. “For now, though, I'm just worried about Willow."