Viva

This chapter was gonna be longer, but I got tired. Enjoy!

Willow got into a defensive position while the rest of the group screamed as a giant clown head shouted at them, his eyes glowing as smoke erupted from the sides of his long tongue that stuck out like a slide. Flower hid behind Poppy's legs while Tiny just crawled out of his carrier and up into Bruce's big purple hair.

“WHO DARES TRESPASS ON THESE SACRED GROUNDS?!"

“Oh, I'm about to have me some giant clown for breakfast!" Willow growled, but just before she could unleash her magic on him...

“Willow, stand down," Branch told her. “I'll handle this."

“Ugh, fine," she huffed. “But I'm not promising anything."

Taking a deep breath, Branch took a few steps towards the clown head.

“Branch, what are you doing?!" John Dory called out, attempting to stop him. But Branch wouldn't stop. This was something he had to do.

I am a man! he thought, and was face to face with the giant clown head. “Listen! We don't want any... clown-related trouble, okay? We're just here looking for our brother, Clay."

After a few seconds of silence, the clown head said in a booming voice, “WAIT A SECOND... YOU'RE... TROLLS?"

“So what?" Branch asked. “You're a clown."

At that moment, the clown's toothy mouth opened wide, and something soft and yellow popped out and rolled down the tongue. Branch backed away nervously.

“Is that a blonde golf ball?" Willow wondered, lowering her arms.

Then, the soft part of the ball unraveled itself. Turned out, the blonde golf ball was a blonde Troll. Some of her wild yellow hair fell over the side of her rosy pink face, her glittery cheeks adorned with pink and yellow blush. She wore a white leotard with a pink and gold star on her belly, a cape made of green artificial grass, and red and pink leg warmers.

At the mere sight of her, Synth was suddenly breathless.

“Oh, my gosh! HELLOOOOOOO!" she squealed in delight. “My name is Viva! It is so fantastamazing to see other Trolls!"

“Yo, you're the prettiest golf ball I've ever see-EEEN!" Synth said, straining as Viva squeezed him tight before doing the same to Willow.

“And the strongest!" Willow groaned, catching her breath while Viva hugged the others one by one. Luckily, Flower managed to go unnoticed.

“Hi!" Viva said to Poppy before hugging her. “So, fantastamazing is my own personal word. It means, um, ‘fantastic' and ‘amazing!' I used to say ‘amastic,' but then, I was like, ‘Mmm, that's not as good.'"

Unsure what else to say, Poppy just blurted out, “Fantast... um... awesome!"

“That's different, but that works, too!" Viva said in approval. “Way to make it your own!"

“Is this how people feel when they meet me?" Poppy quietly asked Branch.

“Yes!"

“She even wooks wike you, Mommy," Flower said.

“Oh, and who's this little cutie?!" Viva asked eagerly.

“Um, this is my daughter, Flower," Poppy introduced. “Flower, this is Viva, apparently."

“Um, hewwo?" Flower greeted nervously.

“Aw, you're so adorable!" Viva said sweetly, pinching Flower's blue glittery cheeks. Unfortunately, this made her very uncomfortable and she started crying.

“She doesn't like it when people do that," Branch pointed out, picking the toddler up.

“Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know!" Viva exclaimed, letting go of Flower's cheeks.

“You can pinch my cheeks, I won't cry," Synth promised. Willow noticed his green heart beating more rapidly than usual.

“Am I being a lot?" Viva asked. “Sometimes, I can be a lot."

“I-I-I'm not sure we're in the right place," Branch stammered.

“Of course, you're in the right place!" Viva insisted. “Any Troll is welcome here with us!"

“Uh, what do you mean, ‘us?'" Willow asked nervously.

“Okay, Putt Putt Trolls!" Viva announced, and more Trolls disguised as golf balls rolled up to them. “Lights on for our new friends!"

Suddenly, many colorful lights went on and the place came to life! A neon sign read “Hole N Fun Mini Golf," and there were giant obstacles of fake plants, animals, and a giant pink ice cream cone.

“Tiny, you gots to sees this!" Flower said in amazement.

“See what?" Tiny asked, peeking his head out from Bruce's hair. Once he saw what was going on he slid back down into the baby carrier. “Ooh! Pretty lights!"

“Very nice thing you got going on, Viva," Willow admitted. The others were in awe, as well.

“Oh, my gosh! Are you guys hungry?" Viva asked. “Are you thirsty?"

“Yes!" Tiny shouted, jumping up from his carrier.

“Fries. Fries! You guys want fries! I am seeing fries! Bring out the works!" Viva said excitedly. “Milkshakes to celebrate!"

The Putt Putt Trolls rushed off and returned with giant snacks. Hot dogs, soft drinks, French fries, banana splits, milkshakes...

“You wasn't kiddings when you says the works," Flower mumbled. The eight Trolls watched as Viva drank a strawberry milkshake whole.

“Wow," Willow and Synth said simultaneously. Except Willow was more in shock while Synth was very much smitten.

“Whoo! That's better!" Viva said, stretching her muscles. “Now, I finally have some ENERGY!"

Suddenly, Viva ran up to Poppy and in a flash, Poppy's hair was woven into a long, sparkly, colorful, braided ponytail.

“Did you just braid my hair?!" Poppy exclaimed.

“You're welcome! You look so good!" Viva complimented.

“I love it!" Poppy said, hugging her ponytail like a stuffed animal.

“Ooh! Do my locs next!" Synth begged. “Please?! Please?! Please?!"

“Oh, ho, you have fallen hard, boy!" Willow laughed, and popped a bit of French fry into her mouth before muttering, “I feel sorry for you."

“Wow! These fries are amazing," Bruce said as Tiny gnawed on a fry like a hamster. “They'd really go great with a burger."

Suddenly, the Putt Putt Trolls screamed and ran off to hide, some of them camouflaged with the golf course.

“What is happening?"

“Yeah, we try not to use that word around here," Viva explained to Bruce, keeping her voice down. “It's just that ‘burger' sounds a little too much like, uh... ‘Bergens.'"

“‘Bergens?'" Synth blurted out, causing the Putt Putt Trolls to scream again. Willow glared at him. “Sorry."

“We call burgers..." a voice said, and out from the shadows emerged a light blue Putt Putt Troll with lime green hair, wearing yellow arm bands and a green knit jumper, “... meat circles."