Torn

Okay, another new rule. No spamming the comment section about your own/someone else's works. Only talk about what's going on here.

Enjoy!

Poppy and Viva spent the rest of the night bonding and making up for lost sister time. Of course, Viva remembered to be gentle as she got to know her little niece. And Flower was pretty happy to discover she had an auntie, even if she was a little too grabby every now and then.

“So, I was thinking about getting more into, like, reading short stories and essays instead of full novels," Poppy explained as the three of them sat on the couch in Viva's house, which was actually the ice cream cone obstacle.

“Ooh! I love that for you!" Viva said supportively.

“Yeah," Poppy laughed as Viva climbed up a ladder to a shelf filled with candy. “But, um, just to circle back real quick, I still have a million questions about what happened."

“Yeah!" Flower agreed. “So spill, Auntie Veev!"

“Flower, don't be rude," Poppy whispered to her daughter.

“I used to live at the Troll Tree, I was there when you were born, and you were so cute!" Viva said. “Kinda like you are now, only teensier and weensier and... Oh! Do you want to make candy necklaces that we never finish because we eat all the candy?!"

“Obviously!" Poppy replied eagerly. However, she was still curious. “But Veev, um... just gonna need you to focus here and-and tell me everything. Why am I only learning about you now? What... happened?"

“We got accidentally separated, and I've lived here ever since. The end!" Viva answered, holding a candy dispenser. “Wanna do candy toe rings next?"

“Uh, accidentally separated?" Poppy repeated.

“When did that happens?" Flower wondered.

“I think I know," Poppy said to her daughter, leaving her on the couch while she approached Viva, who was more focused on making a candy necklace. “Viva, are you talking about the night the Trolls escaped Bergen Town?"

“Oh, yeah," she stammered. “Yeah, I-I-I guess it was that night."

“Auntie Veev, you can talks about it to us," Flower tried to reassure her. “It could helps yous."

“Oh, I don't want to scare you, Flower Power," Viva said.

“I'm not afwaid," Flower insisted. “How come you didn't twy to find us?"

“Flower does have a point," Poppy said in agreement. “I'm sure you would've loved to be there when she was born, and maybe become her godmother."

“I thought so many times about leaving, y'know?" Viva admitted. “To look for you and Dad, but... it's not safe out there."

“How do you know if you never weave?" Flower pointed out.

“You-you wouldn't understand, you're just a little kid," Viva muttered, turning away from her niece. Poppy could tell this hurt Flower's feelings.

“Okay," she said, trying to keep things calm. “Obviously, this is a lot, and you should be able to open up about this on your own time. But we'll have plenty of time to work through this on the way to Mount Rageous!"

Viva laughed. “Whoa, I am not going to Mount Rageous. And neither are you, silly! You're never gonna leave again!"

Before Poppy or Flower could say anything else, Viva grabbed her cape and headed out the door.

“Wait, what was the... What was that last thing?"

💚🩵💜🩵💛🩵🩷🩵💙🩵

“So, we off to save Floyd?" Clay asked Willow and the guys.