Party Plans

“Hey, Pops, let me ask you something," Willow said as they walked through the forest. “Which song do you think would be better to put in a first date scene? Zara Trollsson's ‘Symphony' or Christina Hairri's ‘Be My Forever?'"

“Why don't you use a song by BroZone?" Poppy suggested. “They have the best love songs! Like, Girl Baby Girl, or Baby Baby Girl, or–"

“Okay, I'm gonna stop you right there," Willow interrupted. “Judging by the titles, those sound way too much. Besides, I'm not really into BroZone or its members. Hmm... Maybe Floyd."

“Not even Spruce?!" Poppy exclaimed, pulling an old copy of Trolls Beat magazine out from her hair. “He's, like, the ultimate hunk! He's got the bod, the eyes, the hair, the voice... How could you not...?!"

“Two things: One, I'm a lesbian," Willow reminded her for the ninty-seventh time. “Two, the band broke up over twenty years ago. Now, he'd be, like, sixty-something years old."

“Forty-something," Poppy corrected, Willow just glared at her. Poppy decided to just attempt to change the subject. “So... Barb told me you're a licensed cosmetologist."

“Yeah, it was wild ride getting that license," Willow admitted. “Only problem is, now that I have it, I'm not sure what to do with it."

“Maybe you can style Bridget's hair for her wedding," Poppy replied. “I'm sure she'd appreciate that."

“Oh, Gristle finally proposed?" Willow asked. Poppy nodded eagerly. “Good for them."

“And all of Pop Village has been invited to the royal wedding!" Poppy added.

“All of us?" Willow repeated questioningly. “Then again, we did teach them how to be happy without having to eat us, so I suppose it makes sense."

Poppy gasped. “We have to do something!"

“Okay," Willow sighed, “but let me at least shower first."

“We're gonna throw Bridget and Gristle the best engagement party ever!" Poppy declared. “And I know the perfect place to throw it!"

“Don't tell me," Willow said. “Um... the Fortissimo Botanical Gardens in Symphonyville?"

“Nope!"

“Vibe City Hall of Fame?" Willow guessed.

“Try again!" Poppy teased.

“Oh! Oh! Lonesome Flats Folk Village!"

“Better than that!" Poppy admitted. “We're throwing it at Shadow Springs!"

Willow gulped. “Uh, sorry, Pops. I thought you said Shadow Springs."

“I did!" Poppy confirmed. “We could clean up where the water park used to be, put up pastel colored decorations, make Bergen-sized cupcakes, swim in the river... It'd be so much fun!"

“That sounds great, Pops," Willow said nervously, “but I'd rather we threw a party where we all dress like Trolls from Hair-ilton... away from... that place. Besides, doesn't Synth live there?"

“That's another thing," Poppy said. “You need to work on your friendship skills with him. He thinks you don't like him, but that's not true! Is it?"

“It's not about that," Willow insisted. “I just... don't know how he'd feel if we threw a party in his living space. I mean... you could at least ask him first."

“Oh, yeah," Poppy realized, then darted off towards Shadow Springs. “Let's go ask him, then!"

“Wait, now?!" Willow called out, flying after her pink friend.

“You have some Bubbledrop on you?" Poppy asked.

“Well, yeah," Willow answered. “But–"

“Then, now! Come on!"

💚🩵💜🩵💛🩵🩷🩵💙🩵

Poppy and Willow rushed the whole way to the springs, but Willow slowed herself down once they arrived. She looked around and shuddered as the memories came pooling back into her brain.

“Willow, bubble me," Poppy said, snapping Willow out of it.

“Uh, what?"

“The potion," Poppy confirmed. Willow nodded and handed her a small vial of the blue concoction. Poppy took one quick swig to get the horrible taste out of the way, and the two of them jumped into the water.

“Pops, what makes you so sure Synth will wanna do this?" Willow asked uneasily. She knew Synth wouldn't say no, but still hoped it could be avoided.

Woke up on the right side of the bed

What's up with this Prince D. song inside my head?

Hands up if you're down to get down tonight

'Cause it's always a good time!

“Does that answer your question?" Poppy replied as they heard Synth singing from inside his house. They swam down and through the open doorway and found him cooking in his kitchen while dancing to upbeat music. Feeling down with it, Poppy swam up to him and started singing along.

Good morning and good night

I wake up at twilight

It's gonna be alright

We don't even have to try

It's always a good time!

Willow, on the other hand, didn't bother singing along. She just wanted to get this over with.

“Poppy! Willow!" Synth said ecstatically once they were done singing. “You're both just in time for grilled kelp wraps!"

“How do you grill food underwater?" Willow asked as she was given one.

Synth thought about this for a moment and admitted, “I have no idea."

“Mmm! These are delicious!" Poppy said once she took a bite. “You know who would love these? Bridget and Gristle!"

“Great! Did you bring them?" Synth asked.

“No," Willow answered. “Some other time, maybe. But for now..."

“Will!" Poppy gently scolded. “That's actually why were here, Synth. Willow and I are throwing them an engagement party, and we were wondering if you'd be okay if we threw it here in Shadow Springs."

“Well, I don't see why you can't," Synth replied. “I mean, the area is property of the village. I'm just a squatter, so I shouldn't really have a say. Plus, I would love to meet these Bergens. Even if they're ex-Troll eaters."

“Is that a yes?" Poppy asked eagerly.

“Oh, it's a gazillion yeses!" Synth shouted. “MEH-MEH-MEH-MEH-MEH-MEH-MEEEEHHHHHHHHH"

“Awesome!" Poppy cheered. “This is so exciting! Willow, isn't this exciting?!"

“Crap."