Moving In

Just a word of warning. As of this original publishing date (near the end of September 2023), I still had not seen Trolls Band Together (because it wasn't out yet). So until I do, I'm just going to write what happens during the three weeks and two days between Holiday In Harmony and Trolls Band Together (it was confirmed that both Holiday In Harmony takes place a week after World Tour and Tiny Diamond is a month old in Band Together).

Plus, I'm not entirely sure if TrollsTopia was canon given various circumstances, but I really loved Synth and I want him to be a part of this, so I'm gonna rewrite his arrival to Pop Village, if no one's bothered by it.

Enjoy!

"Oh, Guin! How could you say that about me?!"

"Frank! All I said was that you were filling out your tuxedo nice!"

"I can't help that I'm big-boned! Besides, I just love sno-cones!"

"And Bomb Pops. And push pops..."

"You can't just body-shame your husband, Guin," Willow said as she watched a nature film on her futon. "I do it to Branch, but we have a love-hate relationship. I wouldn't marry someone I hate. My mother did, but not me."

Suddenly, Willow felt small vibrations and heard the distant sound of water splashing. Curious, she slipped on a jacket, opened up her retractable wings, flew out her bedroom window, and followed the sounds to the river. Under the surface of the water, she saw a giant, glowing whale-like critter swimming upstream.

"If you were a manatee, I'd assume this was baby season," Willow said to the strange creature. "But what's a great beast such as yourself doing in a confining environment?"

The critter didn't answer. It didn't even look back. With nothing else planned for the day, Willow followed the whale until she found herself in Shadow Springs, a secluded area away from Pop Village where no one would ever go anymore. Most Trolls had simply forgotten about it, but Willow remembered it all too well.

How she wished she could've forgotten.

Suddenly, Willow saw the creature spit out glowing boxes from its mouth and then, from its blowhole, spouted a gush of water and some purple and pink thing.

"WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!" the mystery creature shouted, and dove into the water. Once the whale was gone, Willow took a few deep breaths to steady her nerves the best she could, and jumped into the spring.

After magically converting her lungs into gills, she swam deeper into the water until she found an underwater luxury pod made of refurbished parts of an old waterslide. Willow could hear the faint sounds of children laughing as she closed her eyes and sang softly.

I don't care if it hurts

I wanna have control

I want a perfect body

I want a perfect soul...

Before Willow could sing the bridge, she heard the sound of someone groaning, as if they were struggling to...

"Oh, here! Let me help you with that!" Willow said to the stranger, helping them carry a big box into the pod.

"Oh, thank you so much, yo!" the stranger replied. Once the box was placed inside, Willow finally saw who was moving in. A dark purple, bioluminescent somebody with giant pink eyes, a neon green pixelated heartbeat flashing from inside his chest, blue markings on his gill-like ears, arm bands in different shades of pink and green, a cobalt blue unibrow, pink and violet dreadlocks tied up in a cerulean topknot, lavender pixelated freckles on his cheeks and similar, multi-colored markings on his tailfins.

"Oh, you're a Techno Troll," Willow said in realization.

"Tech yes, I am!" he said exuberantly. "We work hard and we party harder! Meh-meh-meh-meh-meh-meh-meh!"

Willow blinked nervously at the Techno Troll and said, "Right. So... What are you doing all the way out here?"

"Some cloud told me there was an abandoned water park near Pop Village, and I thought I could fix up a small part of it and make it into my new home," he explained as they carried in the rest of his stuff. "I found this old plastic shelling, hired a crew to reconstruct it into a house, and now, I'm moving my stuff in!"

"Well, you did pick a... nice spot..." Willow said, then quietly muttered, "... if you don't have too many memories of it."

"What kind of memories?"

"I don't want to talk about it," Willow denied, upset that he heard her.

"Then why'd you bring it up?" he asked.

"Critical error," Willow answered.

"Maybe we can correct it," the Techno Troll suggested. "If you just tell me about it."

"No hablo Ingles," Willow said, hoping that would shut him up.

"Esta bien. Tambien hablo español. Ahora bien, ¿qué recuerdos se esconden bajo ese cabello colorido?"

"I don't speak Spanish, either," Willow groaned. The Techno Troll laughed.

"I like you!" he said cheerfully.

"Charmed," Willow replied flatly. "So, uh... what's your name?"

"Synth!" he answered. "And you areeeeee...?"

"Duckweed. Willow Duckweed."

"Must be nice having a last name," Synth figured as he hung neon signs on the walls. "I don't even have a middle name."

"Neither does my girlfriend," Willow replied, placing brightly colored pillows on a couch with tiny lights in the armrests' cupholders. "Of course, she's a princess, so she probably doesn't need a full name."

"Oh, yeah?" Synth asked. "What's she like?"

"You'll never find another Troll as trusting or kind as her," Willow explained. "She helped me break my curse, and I helped her discover who she really is."

"She must be very special," Synth assumed.

"In every way possible," Willow agreed. "Well, I better get going."

"Okay," Synth said, then added, "Hey! Maybe you can come by tomorrow after I finish unpacking!"

"Oh, I don't know..."

"Please?" Synth pleaded, staring at her with big puppy eyes. Willow sighed in discomfort.

"I'll think about it."

Like I said, until I actually see Band Together, this is what you're getting for now. Remember to tap on the 🌟 and leave your thoughts in the 🗨️.

Until next time. 🌈