Reunion

I didn't say I wasn't going to write the epilogue. Willow still hasn't called Synth her best friend yet. There are just a couple of things I need to add before we get there, like the rest of those boy band puns (if you can spot all of them, four in chapter thirteen and six in this chapter, you get a cookie).

Enjoy!

"Just a wittle bits more, and... done!" Flower said as she finished her drawing of her family. "What do you thinks, Daddy?"

"I think it's beautiful, sprout," Branch replied as he took a good look at it. In addition to her uncles, Flower added her auntie, grandpa, even Willow and Synth. She even remembered to keep the roots of Floyd's hair white (a minor side effect of Velvet and Veneer's abuse). "I know just where to put it, too."

While everyone else slept inside of Rhonda (who was also tuckered out from the journey), Branch went over to pin the family portrait on the clue board.

"So, what do we do nows?" Flower asked eagerly.

"Well, first, you need to get to bed," Branch pointed out. "Then, tomorrow, we can start working on the ultimate family reunion."

"Wike a comeback concert?" Flower guessed.

"Yeah, exactly," Branch answered. "A BroZone comeback concert. With a little surprise."

"A woud supwise?" Flower muttered, having horrible memories of her first birthday party.

"No, something less overwhelming," Branch assured her.

"Then what kinds is it?"

Branch smiled at his daughter. "You remember Daddy's friends, don't you?"

💚🩵💜🩵💛🩵🩷🩵💙🩵

"Poppy, where are we going?" King Peppy asked his daughter as she guided him backstage with his eyes closed. The group had already returned to Vacay Island and were getting ready for BroZone's reunion concert.

But first, Poppy had another kind of reunion in mind.

"You'll see!" she said, attempting to hold back her excitement. "Okay, you can look now!"

After opening just one eye, both of Peppy's eyes widened as he saw Flower's braided hair get decorated with shells and ribbons by Synth and a yellow-haired Troll he never thought he'd see again.

"I think just a little more sparkle..." she muttered as Flower looked at some of the shells.

"Vivita!" Synth said, pointing to King Peppy. Viva blinked in surprise and she got up to slowly approach her father.

"Viva?" Peppy gasped.

The Putt Putt queen nodded. "Hi, Dad."

Still not quite believing his eyes, Peppy reached out to brush the curly blonde hair away from Viva's face. He'd recognize those pink irises anywhere.

"I... I went back for you..." he stammered. "I kept screaming 'No Troll left behind...' but the tunnels had collapsed. All that was left of you was... was..."

"The Hug Time bracelet you gave Poppy," Viva finished tearfully as Poppy held up the wrist she wore the bracelet on.

"Oh, Viva!" Peppy sobbed, pulling his daughter in for a tender hug. "I'm so sorry I failed you. Not only as a king, but as a father."

"Dad, you could never fail me," Viva assured him. "I should've gone back to look for you and Poppy, but... I was so afraid of what was out there."

Peppy pulled away and looked over at Poppy. "And I'm sorry to you, too, Poppy. I should've told you about Viva, but my heart was broken. I... I..."