The Breakup Explained

As Rhonda ran down the streets beyond Bergen Town, everyone took their time to change out of their formal wear and into their normal clothes. Except, technically, Synth didn't wear clothes, so he just ripped off his light-up bowtie.

"Say, Dubstep, what are you up to?" he asked Branch, who had already changed into his leafy vest and patchy brown shorts.

"Setting up a clue board to find Spruce and Clay," Branch answered while Flower, wearing her pink dress and hair ribbon, held up a magazine photo of Spruce squirting moisturizer all over his muscular body. "Thank you, sprout."

"You're welcome, Daddy," Flower replied as he pinned it to the board. "Say, Daddy, if you don't mind me asking... what exactly happened when you last see-d your bwothers?"

"It's a little hard to explain, Flower," he admitted. "For one thing, I was about your age. Maybe younger. I don't know."

"Can you at weast twy to expwain it?" Flower asked, giving her father puppy dog eyes. Branch took a moment to look around the van. John Dory was brewing himself a cup of coffee while singing to himself, Synth was staring at the photos of Spruce on the clue board, Poppy was still in the bathroom, changing her clothes, and Willow, wearing a denim jacket, black pants, a white button up shirt with a red neck tie, and a beret with three colorful buttons on it (a frowny face, a sparkly butterfly, and the lesbian pride flag), was simply meditating.

"I think it's safe enough..." he said to himself before turning back to his baby girl. "Back in the day, before we were discovered by the Bergens, Daddy and your uncles were the hottest boyband in the Troll Tree. But Daddy didn't make his live debut until the first show of the Perfect Family Harmony Tour... which ended up being the band's last show ever."

"What happened?"

"We tried to achieve the Perfect Family Harmony, which can only be achieved when a family of Trolls is in sync with one another," Branch explained. "It's powerful enough to shatter diamonds. Or, at least, that's what I hear. But one thing led to another, and..."

Flashback

"See what happens when you don't follow my lead?!" John Dory scolded Spruce and Clay as all five brothers made it back home.

"Dude! That is exactly what happens when we follow your lead!" Spruce shouted.

"Oh, so it's my fault?" John Dory angrily said to his brother. "Is that what you're saying? I know we can reach the Perfect Family Harmony!"

"What if we don't want to?" Spruce asked.

"Yeah, dude!" Clay butted in. "This used to be fun! Now, it's all about being perfect!"

Putting on a vest made of leaves, Floyd quickly noticed Baby Branch getting upset at the sight of his brothers fighting. But just before he could say anything to comfort their littlest member...

"You know what? I'm done playing the Heartthrob!" Spruce declared, ripping off his puffy, purple vest. "My exquisitely chiseled, rock-hard abs and I quit!"

"I quit, too! And you can keep these!" Clay said, tossing a pair of Funderdrawers into John Dory's face. "I'm more than just the fun one! I'm in a sad book club! Did you know that? A sad book club! I'm gonna find Trolls who take me seriously!"

Having enough, John Dory grabbed a backpack and grappling hook and said, "Fine! I don't need this! I'm out! I'm done, I'm sorry! I'm gonna go hike the Neverglade trail by myself, bro-lone! Yeah, that's right! Bro-bro going solo! YOLO! Goodbye, forever!"