What's Wrong With Floyd?

Branch immediately stopped in his tracks when he heard his brother's name. “What do you mean?"

“He's in danger, man," John Dory answered desperately. “I hadn't heard from him since the band broke up. Until... I got a letter from him."

To further explain, John Dory took a folded up piece of paper out from his jacket and held it out to the group. Curious, Synth took the note and read it out loud for everyone to hear.

Dear John Dory,

I am being held against my will by Superstars Velvet & Veneer, come to Mount Rageous at once and bring our brothers!

Love, Floyd
The Sensitive One

“Synth, didn't you say your former boss's kids were fans of pop stars based in Mount Rageous?" Willow asked.

“Yeah, I just didn't remember their names," Synth answered. “In my defense, when I lost my job, they were very, very new to the limelight. But if Velvet and Veneer are so big now, what would they want Floyd for?"

“I'm getting to that, fish boy," John Dory assured him, then turned back to Branch. “I didn't know where any of you were, so I went to Mount Rageous alone. Soon enough, I found where this Velvet and Veneer were performing that night, at this hip club called the Boom Box. While the Rageons were chained to the rhythm, I snuck through the air ducts until I found a dressing room, and there was Floyd."

“Was he hurts?" Flower asked with concern.

“I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, kid," John Dory said to the princess. “He was very weak and trapped in a purple bottle. And that wasn't even the worse part."

“What was the worst part?" Ash wondered.

“When I got down to Floyd," he continued, “he told me that Velvet and Veneer are giant, pop-obsessed succubi with no talent, and they've been stealing his."

“What?! That's even worse than lip syncing!" Synth exclaimed as Willow's eyes widened in realization.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait!" she interrupted. “Was this bottle carved from an enchanted diamond?"

“I don't know know about enchanted, but it was definitely diamond," John Dory answered. “I tried to break him free with every weapon I had, but Velvet and Veneer were already on their way back for more, and I had to escape before they found me. Besides, we all know there's only one thing powerful enough to shatter a diamond..."

“Yeah! A diamond-shattering diamond hammer!" Synth answered. “I think I know a guy who sells them..."

“Okay," Willow said. “First of all, how do you know so many people? Second, Synth, I already told you. It's the Perfect Family Harmony."

“Oh, yeah. That works, too," Synth admitted. “Or, at least, I hope so."

“I hope so, too," Willow agreed. “Otherwise, this could kill the poor guy."

“Floyd..." Branch muttered. Willow was right. If what John Dory said was true, then, their brother's life was on the line.

“So, you came here to get the band back together and sing the Perfect Family Harmony," Poppy summarized.

“Yeah," John Dory confirmed.

“Oh, yeah!" Branch said with fake enthusiasm. “So we can attempt to sing something we've only tried once and failed so miserably at, that we broke up and never talked to each other again."

“We are so in!" Poppy agreed with excitement.

“What?!" Branch exclaimed, then turned to John Dory. “Uh... Could you give us a second?"