Tracking Down Clay

As they continued on their quest, Branch noticed Flower lying on the couch with a purple crayon in her hand. Next to her was a drawing of herself, her parents, John Dory, Bruce, and two empty, light blue circles.

 Next to her was a drawing of herself, her parents, John Dory, Bruce, and two empty, light blue circles

Must be for Clay and Floyd, he figured, smiling at his drowsy daughter.

"Oooh, it wuns in da famiwy..." she quietly sang to herself, trying to stay awake.

"It's all about you and me," Branch sang back, gently pulling the crayon away as she fell asleep. He, then, pulled a mint green blanket from his hair, wrapped it around Flower's body, and held her close to his chest.

While Branch was focused on Flower, Poppy, John Dory, Willow, and Synth focused more on how they were gonna find Clay.

"Do you have anything that can help us find Clay?" Poppy asked John Dory.

"Unfortunately, no," John Dory admitted. "For being the Fun Boy, Clay was always very discreet. It was kinda weird."

"I know you guys don't like it that much, but maybe it's time we used the clue board Dubstep made," Synth suggested.

"Good idea, fish boy!" John Dory agreed. "Let's get to it!"

While Poppy and John Dory began reorganizing Branch's clue board, Synth decided to go see what Willow was up to, and found the rainbow-haired Troll listening to a Velvet and Veneer CD through a pair of headphones.

Never gets old, no matter how much I'm told

I'm amazin' (You're amazin')

Hard to get tired when I'm always on fire

I'm blazin' (Ooh, you're blazin')

"Willow, why are you listening to this?" he wondered, pulling away one of the headphones.

"I believe in getting to know my enemy, Synth," she explained as Branch joined them. "Maybe if I listen to this song enough times, it'll tell me something important. Like all those old rock records Barb showed me."

"What do you got so far?" Synth wondered.

"A really annoying earworm," Willow replied bitterly.

Synth shrugged and then asked, "Do you think it's kinda weird that I'm not as smart as Dubstep, yet Poppy and John Dory listened to me about using the clue board but not him?"

"Well," Willow said, "I'm pretty sure Branch's brothers are jerks, and Poppy's currently in fangirl mode. Though I can't be too mad at her for that. We've all been there. Except, for me, it wasn't a boyband. It was Trollermo del Toro."

"Poor Dubstep," Synth sighed. "Maybe you can use those emotional powers of yours to convince them to take him seriously."

"No, they wouldn't learn anything if I did," Willow pointed out. "Besides, Branch would catch on way too quick."