Waltz The Line

Before you begin reading, this isn't entirely a word-for-word thing. It was on my mind for a couple of years, though. Enjoy.

“So, in this movie, time is literally money," Ash said to Willow as they watched a movie in the Royal Rock family's living room. “The upper class are practically immortal, while everyone else is struggling for just one more day. Does that sound about right?"

“Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous," Willow admitted.

“I don't know," Ash figured. “I think it's an interesting premise that could help address issues in a modern society, so long as its executed properly."

“Huh, I never thought of it like that," Willow muttered, then shook her empty soda can. “I'll be right back, just gonna get another drink. You want something?"

“No, I'm good," Ash replied as Willow headed into the kitchen, where Queen Barb was reading a book next to a wig head at the table. While Willow searched the fridge,  Barb attempted to cut some hair off the wig.

“Too short," she grumbled, and involuntarily tossed the wig onto Willow's head. The rainbow-haired Troll took notice and couldn't help but wonder what the hair was going on.

“Uh, Barb?" Willow asked. “What are you doing?"

“Trying to cut bangs," Barb answered.

“Why?"

“Decided to try beauty school," she explained. “I've lately been trying to step outside of my comfort zone. Thought getting a cosmetology license would do the trick."

“I didn't know Volcano Rock City had cosmetologists," Willow said.

“Who do you think I paid to give me a mohawk?" Barb asked rhetorically as she attempted to cut bangs again, only for them to be misshapen. “Ugh! It's impossible!"

“Lemme see," Willow said, taking the scissors. After some consideration, she made one quick snip and the wig's bangs were cut perfectly! “There you go."

“How'd you do that?!" Barb exclaimed.

“I don't know, I just did," Willow admitted. Barb blinked and desperately handed her two more wigs.

“Think you can also do a bob and a French braid?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

“I never understood why people call it chai tea," Synth explained to Branch as they waiting in line at a coffee shop. “I mean, the word chai already means tea by itself. It's like sayin' tea plus tea. Or tea times tea."

“Tea squared," Branch joked. Synth just blinked.

“I don't get it."

Branch rolled his eyes. “You see, squared means to take a number to the–"

“THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED!" they suddenly heard Poppy shouting, and she jumped down a tree and bounced off a plushroom.

“Poppy, you okay?" Branch asked with concern.

“And who's getting married?" Synth wondered.

“Oh, you probably don't know this, Synth," Poppy began, “but Pop Trolls used to be held captive and eaten by these big grumpy creatures called Bergens. But now, we're all friends with them, and King Gristle finally proposed to Bridget!"

“Yeah," said Synth, “I understand the whole, uh... What now?"

Branch shook his head and said to his girlfriend, “I'm happy for them. Looking forward to the royal wedding."