Rescuing Floyd

Fortunately, no one noticed Poppy, Branch, and the kids as they rode the tricycle through Mount Rageous. Everything in the city was so bright and colorful, ruby red roads bended and twisted high in the sky, and many of the buildings were so tall, they towered over the clouds. It didn't take long before Poppy spotted the Rage Dome, the tallest building, at the heart of the bustling city through a pair of binoculars.

“Alright, look," Branch explained to the group. “Security is really tight, so we're not going to be able to just walk right in."

“You know what that means: We're scaling the walls!" Poppy replied with confidence.

Tiny Diamond blinked. “We're huh? Doing what? When?"

“We should plan to make our ascent about two hundred meters east of the entrance," Branch continued once they arrived at the Rage Dome.

“Good thing I brought extra gummy gloves," Poppy said as the four of them climbed up the dome with help from the sticky gummy gloves.

“Hey, this is fun!" Flower giggled, climbing up with ease. Tiny, on the other hand...

“I'm tired!" he groaned, struggling to keep up. “Carry me!"

“You have to walk on your own, Tiny!" Poppy told him as she, Branch, and Flower continued on. “You have to be a big boy!"

“But my feet hurt!" he whined. “I don't wanna!"

“Come on, Tiny!" Flower insisted. “You can do it!"

“The quickest way in will be at the roof," Branch said once they reached the top.

“The HVAC system!" Poppy added, determined.

“Oof, I love how you say HVAC."

“Thank you!"

“But," Branch resumed, “we'll have to bypass the fan blades so that our... cupcakes... don't get sliced in two."

Tiny gasped. “Ooh! We brought cupcakes?!"

“Well, no..." Poppy admitted, unsure how to explain it to the kids.

“No," Branch answered. “Not what I meant. It-it-it doesn't matter."

“Aw, I wanted a cupcake," Flower sighed with disappointment.

Without another word, Branch jumped in, threw a pink wad of sugar into the fan blades, causing them to get clogged by cotton candy just before he fell right through. Poppy, Flower and Tiny immediately followed.

“After that, we have to cut the power so we can move freely through the interior air ducts," Branch said, and Poppy began severing multiple wires with a laser torch.

“Nice works, Mommy!" Flower praised, keeping her eyes covered.

“How do you know which wires to cut?" Branch asked his girlfriend.

“I don't! I'm just blasting everything until something turns off!" Poppy admitted. And just like that, something turned off. The Trolls had no time to figure out what it was, so they carried on.

“From there," Branch said, “we'll have to do some exploring, but we'll find Floyd in one of those rooms."

After a few minutes of searching, Poppy peered through a vent to find a dressing room. On the makeup table was a pale Troll trapped in a diamond perfume bottle.

“Look! There he is!" she said, catching the attention of the others.

Branch took a good long look at his brother. His pinkish red hair was now mostly white, his entire body from the waist down was translucent, as well as his hands, and he looked so fatigued, so hopeless. Velvet and Veneer were really doing a number on him.