Looking For Spruce

"Okay, guys, where was I?" Branch said as Rhonda picked up the pace. "We gotta find our brothers, and fast. But don't worry. Old Branch's got it handled. All we have to do is follow the clues."

At that moment, Branch showed off his clue board to the rest of the group. It was covered in photos from old teen Troll magazines.

"Wowie!" Flower cooed, mesmerized by her father's way of thinking.

"I think my dad took private dance lessons from that woman," Willow said, pointing at a picture of a young Troll named Doreen, who had won a date with Spruce as part of a contest. Poppy, on the other hand, was more focused on the band themselves.

"Wow! Check out your old outfits!" she giggled. "Puffy jackets? Puka shell necklaces? Denim tuxedos?! Branch... did you have frosted tips?!"

"Yeah, it was an era," he sighed.

"You wooked pwetty!" Flower said sweetly.

Holding a cup of coffee, John Dory couldn't help but say, "Uh, don't forget his perm."

"No way!" Poppy exclaimed, grabbing his face. "Pictures, or it didn't happen!"

With a flick of his wrist, John Dory revealed a photo of Branch wearing his signature Bitty B glasses and his hair permed up like a blue bush on his head. Poppy screamed at the sight of it.

"Look at you! You were so cute! I love it!" she said, sobbing and laughing. Branch, however, never felt more humiliated.

"And I thought having giant purple eyes looked weird," Willow muttered.

"Uh, but we had to pull the plug when he tried to frost his perm," John Dory added.

Synth laughed. "That must've been wack, yo!"

"It was an era!" Branch shouted defensively.

"Tragic," John Dory said while Poppy and Synth kept laughing. Flower and Willow just gave each other confused looks.

"While you guys are strolling down memory lane, I'll work on finding Spruce," Branch huffed, and returned his gaze to the clue board.

"I'm gonna need copies of that pic," Poppy whispered to John Dory. "Wallet size!"

"Listen, baby brother," John Dory said, "we don't need your little board to find Spruce..."

"It's not little!"

"... because I got this!" he finished, holding up a postcard with a picture of a tropical island on it. "Ha! Booyah!"

"A postcard that says, 'Wish you were here?'" Branch said in skepticism. "That's it? It's not even signed."

"It's definitely Spruce," John Dory replied with certainty. "I mean, he's the only one I know who talks that way."

"There's no return address. It's blank!" Branch pointed out. "This could be from anywhere! We can't find Spruce with this!"

"Yeah, we can!" Poppy said with confidence. "All we have to do is find this sunset!"

"Liking that optimism, Poppy seed!" John Dory said as Branch stormed off with the postcard. "Branch, one word: keeper!"

"Hey, man, I know about being treated like a baby," Tiny said to Branch, holding up a piece of candy in the shape of a pacifier. "But while it's just the two of us, you want some of this?"

"Nah," Branch replied. "Thanks, man. I-I can't get back on that train."

"Suit yourself," Tiny shrugged, putting the binky in his mouth and sucking away on it.