Pokémon Oneshots

By Owlwood97

Pokémon x reader stories with various characters from the games! This will be focusing primarily on character... More

Calem - New Girl
Serena - Rivals
Professor Sycamore - The Professor's Assistant
Grant - Unspoken Feelings
N - Cherished
Zoey - First Date
Piers - Coffee House
Silver - Arranged Marriage
Goh - First Love
Lance - Next Time
Goh - I Want To Hold Your Hand
Brock - Flirting
Ash - Contest Star
Arven - Daddy Issues
Goh - 1,2,3,4
Sakura - Tea Time
Arven - Space
Leon - Three Chances
Brawly - Savior
Grusha - The Ice Prince
N - Three Years Later
Atticus - Wedding Date
Morty - Past Mistakes
Leon - Hospital Pt. 1
Giacomo - Enemies to Lovers
Red - Mermaids
Goh - Summer Lovin'
Ortega - Princess
Ash - The Tournament
Leon - Sickness
Jacq - Sticky Notes
Leon - Sacrifice
Barry - Sweet as Honey
Leon - Confessions
Goh - Halloween Party
Leon - Hospital Pt. 2
Cilan - Phantom
Leon - Insecurities
Giacomo - Regret
Zoey - Driving
Piers - Trustfall
Silver - Scary Movie
Leon - Rings
Tabitha - Protected
Brock - The Soft Side
Dawn - Tag Team
Hugh - Crashed the Wedding
Marnie - Blind Date
Zoey - Secret Santa
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 1
Milo - Rescue
Gary - Love Actually
NSFW Alphabet [Grusha]
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 2
N - Stable Boy
Bede - Yearning
Goh - My Melody
NSFW Alphabet [Cilan]
Carmine - Tease
NSFW Alphabet [Giacomo]
Marnie - Dance
Kieran - Friends? Pt. 3
NSFW Alphabet [Allister]
Grusha - Frostbite
Gladion - Wouldn't It Be Nice?
Shauntal - Coworkers
Drayton - Pen Pals
NSFW Alphabet [Buggsy]
Sir Aaron - Trapped
Allister - Ghost Stories
NSFW Alphabet [N]
Request Page

N - Beach Comber

485 7 3
By Owlwood97

Requested by iip1plupp

N x GN Reader

You walked to the beat of the song, playing through your headphones. Your bag swinging with every step, the empty jars inside clanging around noisily, disturbing the peaceful night. Your Herdier panting happily beside you to keep up.

It was close to midnight in Undella Town. For months, you had been making a habit of going out to the beach every night when the rest of your hometown was fast asleep in their beds, and you combed the beaches. For what exactly? Anything you and Herdier could find. You had acquired a massive collection of shells, sea glass, the old discarded teeth of various pokémon, and a few fossils. You also, of course, collect trash that you found along the beach.

Honestly, the amount of trash you found every night was disgusting. You would leave the beaches with at least two bags of assorted trash which you would properly dispose of upon arriving home. You firmly believed in the concept of leaving things cleaner than how you found them.

Before stepping into the sand, you removed your sandals and slipped them into your bag. As soon as your toes hit the sand, you took a deep calming breath. You had always loved the ocean. The scent of the salty sea air soothed you instantly and carried all your worries away on the wind.

You looked down at Herdier, "Ready?" It yipped before putting its nose to the ground, snuffling, and taking off down the beach. You followed after it, taking your time, knowing your partner wouldn't go far without you.

The night went on like normal. Herdier would either bark to alert you to something he had found or bring over an item he had found. The bag at your side got heavier with each new addition to your collection. Suddenly, Herdier's ears perked up. You removed a part of your headphone from your ear and stared at your pokémon quizzically. "What is it?" You asked. Herdier barked and took off down the beach and past a sand dune. "Wait!" You dropped your headphones, so they hung around your neck, the music still blasting as you ran. Herdier had never run from your sight before, and the fact that he was now was setting your nerves on fire.

The sand slowed you down significantly, but you were able to eventually run past the dune, stopping short. You were breathing hard from the exertion of running through sand, and your heart was pounding, but it pounced harder at the sight in front of you.

A young man about your age sat on a large piece of driftwood on the beach. He had long spring green hair tied back into a ponytail with a black and white baseball hat on top. He wore a white dress shirt over a black t-shirt, and beige jeans rolled up to about the middle of his shins. His feet were bare, and you could see a pair of sneakers on the driftwood next to him.

Your Hedier had its front paws on his knee as the man petted him softly. You shook your head, trying to shake away the nervousness you suddenly felt. "Herdier!" You called out and walked quickly towards them. The man looked up and focused his gaze on you. "Is this your friend Herdier?" He asked. Herdier yipped and ran back over to you. You kneeled and held your hand out to him. "You scared me... don't run off like that without me, ok?" Herdier responded by licking your hand.

You looked up from your partner to thank the man for keeping an eye on Herdier, but he was gone. You eyed the footsteps in the sand he must've left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week later, you were back on the beach, headphones on, and scoping out the sand for any treasures. It was like any other night. You and Herdier walked down the coast collecting anything you could find and picking up discarded trash left by previous beachgoers.

Your face scrunched in disgust as you picked up yet another candy wrapper that was about to be washed out into the water. "How could people be so cruel..." You mumbled, shoving the trash into your first trash bag of the night. It was already almost full.

Your Herdier perked up and stood at attention behind you. You removed your headphones and looked at him, "What is it?" Your eyes followed the direction Herdier was looking in and gasped softly. It was the same man from a week ago. You'd recognize that green hair anywhere. "Hello again." He did softly, smiling. You nodded your head, "Hi there."

Herdier yipped as the man came closer. He reached into his pocket and pulled out an oran berry. "You don't mind if I give your friend a snack, do you?" He asked, staring at you. You waved your hand, "By all means." He kneeled down and held out the berry, letting Herdier eat it right out of his hand.

"What are you doing out here so late?" You asked suddenly. You were so used to the privacy out here so late at night that this man's presence was jarring. He looked up at you again and shrugged. "I could ask the same to you."

You fiddled with your bag a bit, "Adding to my collection, a little beach clean up at the same time." "You collect things?" He asked, tilting his head slightly. You nodded and walked a little closer, showing him the inside of your bag. "Shells, sea glass, sometimes I find things like heart scales or pearls that I might sell for a little extra money."

The man stood up and wiped his hands, "Mind if I join you for a bit?" He asked. You were taken aback. "Don't think I'll murder or attack you?" You asked with a smirk. The man laughed, and you felt your cheeks color. "Herdier says you're a good person, I think I can trust you." You wanted clarification on what he just said, but he started walking before you could ask.

Herdier looked between the two of you, wanting to follow his new friend, but wanting to stay with you too. "You trust him?" You asked your pokemon. Herdier barked and started wagging his tail. "Good enough for me, let's go." Yoh and Herdier quickly caught up, and you held your hand out to him as you walked side by side, "I'm [Name], by the way." The man looked at you before taking your hand, "N."

You thought this would just be a one-off thing. Things would go back to normal with just you and Herdier on the beach together. But you were wrong. Every night N would meet you at the entrance of the beach, and together, you would go beach combing.

You thought you'd be annoyed with his constant presence during your usual private time. But it was comfortable. You genuinely enjoyed N's presence during these late hours. Your small talk wasn't awkward or cringey in the slightest, though he didn't talk about himself much. Whenever you tried to find out more about him, he would always find a way to deflect the subject. Eventually, you just stopped asking. But that didn't stop him from asking about you.

N had been staring at you for a while, looking you up and down and into your bag. His gaze made your face hot. "Can you tell me why you're staring?" You asked finally. N blinked, "Aren't you a pokémon trainer?" He asked suddenly. "Huh?" "You don't carry any pokéballs on you?" He asked, curiosity clear in his eyes.

You stopped walking to pick up a small shell and examine it. "Mmm, I guess Herdier is all I ever needed. I haven't felt the need to catch other pokémon y'know?" N nodded, "How come I never see Herdier in one then?" He asked. You looked over at your partner, digging in the sand a few feet ahead of you. "He has one, but I never use it." "Why?" N's eyes brightened. You looked back at him, "I don't like to put him in it if I can avoid it. It's back at home right now in my bedroom. I keep it around in case something happens and I have no choice but to get him in there to keep him safe." You thought for a moment, "I guess having pokéballs on me wouldn't be a bad idea..just in case I see a hurt pokemon..I could catch it, get it to the pokemon center then release it when they're better." You mentally added pokéballs to your shopping list.

N didn't respond for a while, lapsing you both into a comfortable silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You continued to meet N at the beach for over a month. He still had not opened up more about himself, but you didn't mind. You liked the man as you knew him, and Herdier loved him as well.

So when you got to the beach at your usual time, you were very disappointed to see he wasn't there. "Guess he's not here yet..." You mused, deciding to wait for him.

But an hour passed, and he was nowhere to be seen. You felt a pang in your chest and looked down at your Herdier sadly. Herdier also looked pretty down. "Guess he's not coming..." You mumbled. You looked over at the water and sand, but you didn't feel the joy you once felt looking out. The salty sea air didn't fill you with energy.

You walked back home.

The next night, you power-walked to the beach, excited to see N, especially since he was absent the previous night. But he never showed up. You forced yourself to comb the beach anyway, picking up trash and sea glass, but you didn't stay out as late as normal.

This pattern continued for another month. You would've stopped, but the thought of seeing N spurred you to go to the beach anyway.

Your headphones blared with music as you and Herdier slowly walked the beach. Even Herdier moved sluggishly thanks to the sad mood it was in due to N's absence. "Hey, let's take a break?" You offered and went to sit on a large piece of driftwood, realizing it was the same driftwood you first saw N sitting on. You removed your headphones and stared off at the ocean, listening to the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. Herdier curled up at your feet.

You leaned over and picked him up, letting him curl up on your lap instead. "It's not the same without him anymore, huh?" You asked your pokémon, knowing it wouldn't respond. "I kinda hate coming here without him... especially without knowing what happened....I hope he's ok." Herdier huffed.

"He's pretty great, huh? And handsome... I think you running to find him was the best thing that ever happened to us... that's how I feel, at least." You closed your eyes and smiled. Reminiscing on your time with N. You had only known him for a little over a month, but it was like you had known him your whole life.

"I think....I like him Herdier, as more than just a friend. I don't honestly know for sure, but I feel something that goes deeper than friendship. But maybe I'll never get a chance to find out..." You kept your eyes closed and tried to picture N's face in your mind. You took a mental picture, stashing the image away on your heart, keeping it safely tucked away so you could always remember him.

Herdier suddenly shifted in your lap. Your eyes snapped open, and your heart started beating erratically. "What is it?" Your voice shook as you asked. Herdier's ears perked, and you could hear the sound of footsteps in the sand, like someone was running toward you. Herdier jumped from your lap, and you stood, looking in the direction it was coming from.

You saw spring green hair and N huffing and puffing as he ran toward you. "[Name]!" He yelled out. And your feet started moving. You ran to meet N in the middle. You knew now. You knew how you felt about this handsome man.

N met you in the middle and threw his arms around you, holding you close. You clung to his shirt and buried your face in his shoulder. "I'm sorry [Name]..." He mumbled into your hair. You shook your head and tightened your grasp on his shirt, "I'm just glad you're ok..."

N pulled away and cupped your face in his hands. You looked into his eyes. They looked so conflicted. He wanted to tell you something but was worried about your reaction. "What happened?" You asked. N's gaze wavered. You grabbed his hand and took him back to the driftwood you were sitting on. He sat beside you and told you everything.

His past with the group known as Team Plasma. His blinded rage towards trainers, thinking all of them enslaved pokemon for their own selfish desires. The trainer's he met that made him realize that many trainers considered pokémon their dear friends. His father who manipulated him as he grew, and how his absence was due to him trying to stop his father from destroying the region.

N's hand gripped yours tighter and tighter as he spoke. You just sat there, listening. Herdier had curled himself up on N's lap, proving a comforting pressure that the man appreciated greatly. When he was done, he couldn't meet your eyes. "I'm sorry you had to go through all that N...is everything ok now?" You asked gently. N nodded. "I believe so. The plasma followers who believed more in me than Ghetsis are trying to do damage control along with their usual charity work. But I needed to see you." His eyes finally met yours. "Do you hate me?"

You stared at him with wide eyes. "What? Of course not! N you were manipulated, and then you set things right! I could never hate you...I..." You stopped and looked down at your bare feet half buried in the sand. You didn't think now was the best time to tell him your newly realized feelings. N reached out and placed a hand on your cheek.

"You what...?" He asked softly. Herdier had jumped off his lap, allowing him to move closer. You sucked in a breath. "I don't think.. now is the time..." You whispered. N moved his face closer. Your noses were touching. "Please?" He asked again. You gulped. "I...I could never hate you N...I realized that...that I like you... really like you...as more than just a friend..." You felt your cheeks turn red and hoped the darkness was enough to cover them.

The corners of N's lips ticked up into a small smile. "I feel the same... I couldn't get back fast enough..." N leaned forward, pressing his lips against yours. It was a soft and sweet kiss, all you could've asked for in your first kiss with N. His other hand came up and cupped your other cheek. He pulled away and pecked your nose once more. "I will always come back, [Name]..." He leaned his forehead against yours. "I'll always be waiting for you, N..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 4.9K 120
Guess who learned how to write stories for EVERYONE regardless of gender or sexuality! (Because I stopped being in denial and came out as pansexual)...
1.7K 64 14
Y/n left her home with Riolu long ago, to relieve her poor family of having to feed too many people. While in floods of tears, she met the spirits of...
2.3K 13 9
I'm already simping for way too many characters and thought I mind as well make this sense the rest of my other ones are getting ignored- so uh ye- h...
676K 8K 23
Thirsty for some Sword and Shield guys? You've come to the right place! A place where I now deliver lenghty stories about our favourite pokémon men o...