Just a Pucking Kiss [COMPLETE...

By SofiaMKay

After a slump in her love life, Morgan is ready to get back out there. As a favor to a friend she signs up fo... More

Chapter 1 - Here we go again...
Chapter 2 - What name?
Chapter 3 - Unexpected request
Chapter 4 - Dinner dates
Chapter 5 - A new friend?
Chapter 6 - Distractions
Chapter 7 - Making plans
Chapter 8 - Break the circle
Chapter 9 - Meeting at the hockey house
Chapter 10 - Blind date
Chapter 11 - Oops...
Chapter 12 - He's just her friend's brother
Chapter 14 - Dinner
Chapter 15 - Therapy hour
Chapter 16 - Mint coffee
Chapter 17 - Where Kat isn't
Chapter 18 - Future plans
Chapter 19 - Birthday drunk
Chapter 20 - Bluebird
Chapter 21 - Aftermath
Chapter 22 - Late at night
Chapter 23 - Kicked out
Chapter 24 - Is this... happening?
Chapter 25 - Perfect praise ❤️
Chapter 26 - The morning after
Chapter 27 - Just studying...
Chapter 28 - Confessions ❤️
Chapter 29 - Jumble
Chapter 30 - Dog trouble
Chapter 31 - Still sick
Chapter 32 - Just a Sunday
Chapter 33 - The desk ❤️
Chapter 34 - Again ❤️
Chapter 35 - The morning after
Chapter 36 - Should have...
Chapter 37 - Stood up
Chapter 38 - Concussion
Chapter 39 - Anger
Chapter 40 - Back at campus
Chapter 41 - Without her
Chapter 42 - Getting back out there
Chapter 43 - Watching
Chapter 44 - With friends like these... (Kat's POV)
Chapter 45 - Stranded
Chapter 46 - The B&B
Chapter 47 - The night ❤️
Chapter 48 - Snowball fight
Chapter 49 - Finally, the truth
Chapter 50 - When it makes sense
Chapter 51 - Flowers
Chapter 52 - No more miscommunication
Chapter 53 - More flowers
Chapter 54 - Worshiped ❤️
Chapter 55 - Boyfriend-girlfriend

Chapter 13 - Telling Kat

19K 643 87
By SofiaMKay

Morgan

After a long day of classes, I meet up with Kat at the dorm and we get ready. I have to admit that it's a lot of fun to have someone to go to the games with.

Even if I kissed her brother.

I really should tell her. But what if she takes it the wrong way? Would she get mad? Upset? Disappointed? What if she thinks I'm betraying her?

It was just one kiss. And there was alcohol involved. It's not like it'll ever happen again. It was a one-time thing.

I grab my jersey off the hanger.

"Are you ever going to tell him?" Kat asks.

"What?" Deep in thought, I wonder if I said something out loud or if she's reading my mind. "Who?"

"JD." She looks at me expectantly.

I can feel myself blushing. "What do you mean?" Does she know? She can't.

She sighs. "Are you ever going to tell my brother that you're wearing his jersey?"

I blink at her as I try to sort out her words.

My eyes focus on the jersey I'm holding. I straighten the fabric, only to reveal Hartford and the number eleven.

Confused, I stare at it. I've had this jersey all year. It was a gift from my parents. They said something about getting it at an auction and how they wanted to support my new school.

I didn't pay much attention at the time, just thanked them for it. I must have read the name on the back and forgotten about it.

I never thought it mattered. I was excited to go to UNI and sure; I liked the gift. They know I love hockey and I appreciated that they got me something I wanted. But I never cared whose name was on it.

"Fuck," I say, still staring at JD's name and number.

"You didn't know?" Kat asks.

I shake my head. "No. My parents got it for me. They wanted me to have something to wear to games. They also gave me some other UNI merch, t-shirts and stuff. I guess it slipped my mind."

I immediately wonder if I've ever worn it without the jacket. I don't think so, but what if people have seen me with it? Fuck, that's embarrassing.

"I thought it was odd, seeing as you don't get along. But I thought maybe you did it for me?"

I shake my head, wondering if I can still wear it. Suddenly, I spin on Kat.

"You can never tell him."

"What?"

"Don't breathe a word to JD about the jersey. If he ever finds out, he's going to be insufferable."

"What's the big deal? It's just a jersey."

"Promise me, Kat. Or I'm telling Brick you have a balloon fetish."

Her eyes go wide before she smiles and shakes her head. "Fine, I won't tell him. But what's the big deal? I wear Brick's jersey."

She does, and she looks like she's drowning in it.

"He's your boyfriend."

I pull on the jersey, that doesn't quite feel the same this time. Hiding JD's name with my jacket, I try to imprint into my brain to never take it off, no matter how hot I get. Not until I can change out of it. I grab a jumper and shove it in my bag.

"I just think it's hilarious," Kat says as we head out the door. "Considering you basically hate him and all."

"Yes, very funny."

We head over to the Den and join the crowd of people that arrive as early as we do.

"Oh, there's Lydia," Kat says as we get to our seats. She waves and I look at the slightly uncomfortable looking woman. "You've met her, right? She's Wes' girlfriend."

We sit down next to her.

"Lydia, do you know Morgan?"

"I think we've met," Lydia says. She's wearing Wes' jersey and I feel even more ridiculous. Kat sparks up a conversation with Lydia about how they keep running into each other at the hockey house while I try to figure things out.

The game starts and I do my best to follow along and cheer at the appropriate times, but not telling Kat is killing me. I hate keeping secrets from my friend.

We join the rest of the UNI students in a chant about how crappy the other teams' goalie is, and I realize I have to tell her. JD is her brother. And it's not fair to keep it from her.

I don't understand their relationship, but she seems to have some weird sibling loyalty for him, even after how he treated her.

Besides, what if he says something? She'd be hurt hearing it from someone else.

JD breaks away from the other players and the crowd starts cheering. He shoots and scores and the crowd gets loud around me. Kat is on her feet and I stand as she excitedly jumps up and down.

On the ice, JD takes his victory lap and raises a hand as he scans the audience. For half a heartbeat, our eyes meet and I hold my breath.

What if Kat isn't mad at all? What if she gets her hopes up?

Intermission comes around and I turn to her. She's still chatting with Lydia.

"Kat?"

"Yeah?" She turns to me and leans back so as not to exclude Lydia.

"There's something I have to tell you."

"Sounds serious."

"You know the guy I was talking to on the app?"

Kat turns to Lydia. "Morgan's friend's sister made a dating app and is trying it out on UNI students."

Lydia nods. "I've heard about it. Did you meet someone?"

"Well," I hesitate. "In a way. I was chatting with this guy, and we set up a date. It turns out I already knew him."

"Who was it?" Kat asks. "Do I know him?"

"It was JD." I wait for the words to sink in.

"Wait. JD was on a dating app?" She furrows her brow. "Why?"

"I guess someone asked the hockey team to join. That's not the point."

Kat blinks at me. "So last night, was it JD you met up with?"

"Yes. And we went to the bar after, to listen to the band."

"Really?" Kat looks about as shocked as I feel. "And you didn't punch him or anything?"

I shake my head.

"Why didn't you just leave?" Lydia asks. "Everyone knows you two don't get along."

"Trust me, I'm asking myself the very same question. But I was so disappointed to see him there and I really wanted to see the band." I shrug. "And JD had also been looking forward to it."

"Let me get this straight." Kat holds up a hand. "You went on a date with my brother. And not just for a coffee. You had dinner with him."

I nod.

"And it wasn't horrible?"

I raise one shoulder and give her an embarrassed grimace. "No, it wasn't horrible. We ended up having a pretty good time."

A terrifying smile spreads on Kat's face. "Are you going to see him again?"

"No. Of course not. He's your brother. And he's an asshole."

The smile doesn't leave her face. "It would be kind of awesome if you started dating JD."

"No, it wouldn't. What if we broke up? It would get messy."

Kat's face falls. "Right. And you don't do messy. I remember. You never date anyone you can't avoid after a breakup."

"Right," I say. "And there is no avoiding JD, so there will be no dating."

"Does it really matter?" Lydia asks. We look at her. "You already hate each other. So even if you got together and then broke up, how much would it change?"

"That's true," Kat says and turns to me.

"I'm not dating JD," I say with a sigh. "So none of this matters. And I'm not doing anything that will put our friendship at risk."

"Aww, that's so sweet," Lydia says.

"You know we'll be friends no matter what," Kat says and reaches out for a hug.

I embrace her back. "You know what? Just because you're so awesome, I will make a serious effort to get along with him. As friends."

I take a deep breath and try to imprint this in my soul. I've made the promise before, and I always mean it. But this time, I really mean it. I can't keep breaking my promise to her, and I know it would make her happy.

Maybe last night proved that I can get along with JD.

Kat nods. "Thank you. And I hear you. You won't date my brother." I breathe a sigh of relief, but as I pull back, she still has that silly smile on her face.

"Just promise me you won't say anything about the date or kiss to him."

"What?" Both women shriek loud enough for everyone to stare at us.

I feel my cheeks pale as my words hit me.

"Fuck, I didn't mention that, did I?"

"You kissed?" Kat's mouth is hanging open.

"It was... We were dancing, and I was a bit drunk. It was nothing. Fuck, I shouldn't have mentioned that."

"Was it any good?" Lydia asks, leaning in close with a glimmer in her eyes.

"That's not the point," I say. "We already agreed nothing more can happen between us."

"Was it a quick peck? Or was there tongue?" Lydia is relentless.

"You're going to make a great talk show host," I say. "But I'm not a guest and I don't have to answer that."

"I'm not sure I want to know," Kat says. "That's my brother."

"Let's just agree to forget about it and never mention it to anyone."

Kat puts up her hands.

Lydia smirks. "I make no such promise. I'm invested now."

I roll my eyes, but I admire her honest curiosity. Around us, people are returning to their seats and we turn our attention back to the ice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 5.7K 43
❝We were quite a cliche, weren't we?❞ he smirked but I ignored the pang it spread in my chest. ❝We were. But this is real life. We can't hang on fan...
1M 49.4K 43
Eighteen-year-old Nat falls for five different boys during her first month at college, but never openly admits her crushes - until one night she drun...
1.6M 36.6K 49
BOOK 1 of The Getting There Series When a clumsy first encounter leads to Aiden and Natalie unexpectedly spending time together, will sparks fly or w...
529K 11.5K 45
PUBLISHED - Link in bio 💕 The summer after her sophomore year in college, Mia takes time to heal after a failed relationship. In an attempt to move...