Just a Pucking Kiss [COMPLETE...

By SofiaMKay

After a slump in her love life, Morgan is ready to get back out there. As a favor to a friend she signs up fo... More

Chapter 1 - Here we go again...
Chapter 2 - What name?
Chapter 3 - Unexpected request
Chapter 4 - Dinner dates
Chapter 5 - A new friend?
Chapter 6 - Distractions
Chapter 7 - Making plans
Chapter 8 - Break the circle
Chapter 9 - Meeting at the hockey house
Chapter 11 - Oops...
Chapter 12 - He's just her friend's brother
Chapter 13 - Telling Kat
Chapter 14 - Dinner
Chapter 15 - Therapy hour
Chapter 16 - Mint coffee
Chapter 17 - Where Kat isn't
Chapter 18 - Future plans
Chapter 19 - Birthday drunk
Chapter 20 - Bluebird
Chapter 21 - Aftermath
Chapter 22 - Late at night
Chapter 23 - Kicked out
Chapter 24 - Is this... happening?
Chapter 25 - Perfect praise ❤️
Chapter 26 - The morning after
Chapter 27 - Just studying...
Chapter 28 - Confessions ❤️
Chapter 29 - Jumble
Chapter 30 - Dog trouble
Chapter 31 - Still sick
Chapter 32 - Just a Sunday
Chapter 33 - The desk ❤️
Chapter 34 - Again ❤️
Chapter 35 - The morning after
Chapter 36 - Should have...
Chapter 37 - Stood up
Chapter 38 - Concussion
Chapter 39 - Anger
Chapter 40 - Back at campus
Chapter 41 - Without her
Chapter 42 - Getting back out there
Chapter 43 - Watching
Chapter 44 - With friends like these... (Kat's POV)
Chapter 45 - Stranded
Chapter 46 - The B&B
Chapter 47 - The night ❤️
Chapter 48 - Snowball fight
Chapter 49 - Finally, the truth
Chapter 50 - When it makes sense
Chapter 51 - Flowers
Chapter 52 - No more miscommunication
Chapter 53 - More flowers
Chapter 54 - Worshiped ❤️
Chapter 55 - Boyfriend-girlfriend

Chapter 10 - Blind date

19.9K 656 97
By SofiaMKay

Chapter 10

Morgan

After my classes on Thursday, I head back to the dorm to get ready. On Tuesday, I had another text conversation with breakawayking and we found out we like the same type of music.

As we talked, we figured out we're both obsessed with a local band. When he asked if I wanted to go see them, I immediately said yes.

It's not until I'm getting ready that I realize it's extended the date from a simple coffee to an all night hang out. But I had hoped to see the band anyway, so even if we don't get along, I'll get to listen to some good music.

As I'm picking out my outfit, I get a text.

I know we said no names yet, but just so we have any chance of finding each other, I think you should know I'm in a black hoodie and jeans.

We reiterated that we'd share names when we met and not before. So I have no idea who I'm meeting. I grab an outfit and lay it on the bed.

I'll be in all black. With a gray scarf.

Sounds very goth of you.

Would that be a problem?

No. It might not be what I typically go for, but I guess that's the point of the app.

Well, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not goth, I just like black.

Not even a little goth?

Well, maybe a little. ;)

This is hard, since I have no idea what to expect.

But fun.

So much fun.

I continue getting ready, taking my time with my makeup. When Kat comes home, I'm putting the finishing touches to my hair.

"How do I look?" I spin around and she takes me in.

"Oh, right, it's time for your mystery date. You look good."

"I have a good feeling about this."

"It's just coffee, right?" She puts away her bag and smooths down a strand of my hair.

"Coffee at Dirty first, and then we're going to a bar to see a band."

"Really? I thought it was just a quick first date."

"It was supposed to be." I cram some stuff into my bag. "But we were talking and found out this band is playing and one thing led to another."

"You still have your location share on, right?" Kat grabs her phone to check.

"Yes, it's on, and I'll text you to let you know if he's a creep."

"Let me know if you want me to call you with a fake emergency."

I grab my bag and take one last look in the mirror. "Will do. Don't wait up."

I leave the dorm, and with an eye on the time, I walk over to Dirty. I don't like being late, but I also don't want to be too early today.

As I step into the familiar coffee shop, my heart is beating fast and I'm excited and nervous. I run my eyes over the people there, wondering who I'm meeting.

My eyes narrow as I see JD. He just had to be here for this. I ignore him and keep looking. Maybe he's not here yet.

I glance back at JD. I'm not going to let him ruin this for me. I'll pretend he's not here.

I'm about to get my phone out to text breakawayking and ask if he's here, when I notice two things. One, JD is wearing a black hoodie and jeans. And two, he's staring at me with a strange expression on his face.

And it hits me.

"Oh, fuck," I say to myself and scan the room once more. It has to be a coincidence. That's all. But no matter how many times I glare at the other customers, none of them match the description.

Finally, I sigh and walk over to where JD is sitting. I drag my feet, as if he'll magically transform into someone else if I just wait long enough.

"Hey," he says and clears his throat.

"So, funny thing," I say. "I'm supposed to meet someone wearing a black hoodie and jeans."

"Yeah, and I have a date with someone in a gray scarf."

I nod slowly. "Any chance this is a coincidence?"

He grins. "Probably not."

I groan and sink into the chair opposite him. "So you're breakawayking?"

"Which makes you bluebird."

"Fuck. I was really looking forward to this date."

He laughs. "I should have fucking known it was too good to be true."

"Why didn't you ever mention hockey?" I feel like whacking him with my purse. "You should have said something. Just one word about hockey and I would have been out of there so fast."

"We were told not to. When we signed up, they told us to be as anonymous as possible."

"Why did you even sign up to the app?" I rub my temples. This is not happening.

"One of the guys had a couple of friends drop by practice right before Christmas and they asked the whole team, said it would help them out." He shrugs.

I grimace. "Yeah, I got the same speech."

He pushes over a cup of coffee at me. "You might as well have this. I did get it for you, after all."

The mug sits on the table just in front of me. "Thanks."

"It's the mint coffee. You said you liked it."

"I do."

"It's actually not so bad." He gestures to his own mug.

"At least it's something to make up for this mess." I sip the still warm coffee and wonder how I managed to match with the one guy at UNI that I have no interest in.

"I was really looking forward to seeing the band," he says and stretches his neck to one side and then the other.

"Me too." I drink my coffee and try to not be too disappointed.

Silence settles over the table. The bell on the door jingles as someone comes in and there's gentle conversation around us.

"You know," he says and leans forward, "we could still go."

"What?" I almost laugh at him.

"We could still go see the band. Like on a non-date."

I squint my eyes at him. "I do really want to go."

He raises an eyebrow. "So?"

"Fine, we can still go."

A corner of his mouth rises.

"I guess I should message Kat that she can tell Brick to stand down."

He frowns at me. "What?"

"She was worried I'd be meeting some weird creep. I'll let her know I am, but she doesn't need to worry."

"Really? I'm a weird creep?"

"Mhm." I type out a message for Kat not to worry, that I already know the guy.

I can't bring myself to tell her over text that I'm on a non-date with her brother. That's something I want to do face to face. Just in case she laughs herself into a coma.

"How come you never mentioned you like photography?" I ask when the message is sent. "I never would have pegged you for a photographer."

"That's probably why. Whenever people see me, they see a hockey player."

"Is that why you put it in your profile? So people would see you as something else?"

He shrugs. "Maybe. It was kind of nice to be someone aside from the captain of the hockey team for a bit."

"Yeah, I guess I could see that."

As I drink my coffee, we talk some more, and to my surprise, it's like I'm having coffee with breakawayking. Not JD, Kat's brother.

Before I know it, it's time to head over to the bar. JD gets us an uber and I'm grateful we don't have to walk. It's not far, but it's snowing and windy outside.

The bar is warm and cozy and smells like food and beer. I stop in the door, looking for an open table. JD's hand rests against my lower back.

"Over there." He points to a small booth and keeps his hand on my back as we navigate the room.

The booth is close to the stage that's still empty. I sit down and take my jacket off.

"I didn't think we were that early?" I say and look around. There's not a lot of people here.

"I was expecting more people," JD says. "Do you want to eat?"

I check out the menu that's under the glass on the table.

"Hey guys. I'm Mandy. I'll be your server tonight. Do you know what you want?" She smiles and brings out a notepad and a pen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

832K 23.8K 51
Lydia: Wesley freaking Porter is the last man I want to be stuck with for two months. He's arrogant and selfish. I learned that when he humiliated my...
40.7K 2K 33
Brie Sheridan has had her heart broken way too many times. Rhett Price is usually the culprit, but, this time, he might be the solution. ...
120K 5.7K 43
❝We were quite a cliche, weren't we?❞ he smirked but I ignored the pang it spread in my chest. ❝We were. But this is real life. We can't hang on fan...
11.7M 518K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...