The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me

By Slim_Shady

Reece smirked, "Trust me Chloe, the good girl always falls for the bad boy." Chloe Armel is a good girl. She... More

The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 2 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 3 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 4 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 6 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 7 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 8 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 9 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 10 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 11 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 12 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 13 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 14 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 15 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 16 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 17 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 18 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 19 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 20 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 21 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 22 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 23 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 24 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 25 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 26 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 27 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 28 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 29 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 30 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 31 ]
The Bad Boy Cupid & Me [ 32 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 33 ]
The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ Epilogue ]
Allie & Dennis' Date ♡

The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 5 ]

2.3M 68.3K 53.1K
By Slim_Shady

Every girl remembers their first crush.

The guy who made your day better with just one smile. The guy who had you thinking about him the whole day just because he said 'Hi' to you. The guy who made your heart melt and made your knees feel weak.

For me; that guy was Ashton De Ville.

He was sweet, he was funny, he was cute and nice.

Only, he was nothing but a heartless player. One who liked to play games with your heart.

I watched him use the same tactics to get every girl. The way he'd smooth talk, his body language...the whole lot. One by one, he'd win every girl. One by one, they'd all lose.

And then he saw me.

But I already knew the rules to his game.

It had a basic concept; pull and push. It reminded me of physics.

Pull her in, make her fall for you, use her, then push her away.

He flirted, I flirted. He stopped, I stopped. It was like I was a girl version of him.

And he wanted more.

So he asked me to be his girlfriend; something that no one had ever seen him do.

~*~

"I...have to leave."

I stood up to run, but I never made two steps away. Reece grabbed my arm and turned my body around so our chests were pushed against each other. I felt a sense of déjà vu. 

Along with other pleasant senses.

"I'm sorry," His eyes, God, the intensity was thrilling. They looked so serious, so passionate... "I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories or hurt your feelings."

Right now, I was nothing but a mute. So I nodded. A moment of silence passed by, and yes, it was awkward.

Suddenly, Reece's excitement reappeared, "Do you want to finish watching the movie?"

I smiled, thankful that he broke the ice. Then scowled in disgust.

"Hell no."

~*~

My room was directly opposite his. His window, right in front of mine.

I could see directly inside his room, Hell, I could use the branch to get in his room.

What kind of architect would design something like that? Don't they understand what the word privacy means? And to think that an old couple used this bedroom...now I see why Reece went to all the trouble of getting them to move out.

Poor, traumatized boy.

~*~

I woke up, feeling like going back to sleep.

Today was questioning day and I really, really wasn't looking forward to it.

At school, our Headmaster's assistant was calling up names one by one.

I sat beside Charlie, who was looking a little edgy. I put my hand over his.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Yeah, but, have you seen the look on every person's face as they come out of the room?" I nodded. They all looked pale and sick.

"You've got nothing to worry about Charles, you're innocent."

"Yeah, you're right." He relaxed a little, "Don't call me Charles."

"Chloe Armel." The crowd around me turned to face me. I gave Charlie's hand one last squeeze before I walked up and towards the doors.

Halfway there, Reece came out of the room, looking as casual and carefree as always.

Our eyes locked and he smirked.

"Good luck Armel."

~*~

"Where were you after school on Wednesday afternoon?" One of the officers asked me. I was currently situated in an uncomfortable wooden chair, as three police officers and our Headmaster all sat on soft-looking sofas.

"I went to the library to finish off my homework."

"Do you normally go to the library Miss Armel?" I don't see why this question is relevant but I answered anyway.

"No, but I've just moved houses and I couldn't find my laptop, so I decided to use the library's excellent facilities."

Okay, so I was sucking up a little.

"What time did you leave the library?"

"The same time it closed – around six."

"Did anyone see you leave?" This is where I was beginning to feel sick.

"Yes, the librarian."

The officers exchanged glances.

"Miss Armel is one of our most outstanding academic achievers; I believe that this questioning session won't get us anywhere." My Headmaster remarked. I felt like jumping up and hugging her – only that would be really weird.

"Very well, Miss Armel, you may return to your class."

I didn't need to be told twice – I left the room before they'd suddenly change their minds.

~*~

I had English again.

I caught a glimpse of the same substitute from yesterday and headed straight back.

Instead, I walked into the Detention room.

~*~

"Little C! We missed you!" Valentino greeted me in the moment I shut the door. I passed the unconscious 'teacher in charge' and sat in one of the seats in front of them.

"So, what happened in questioning?" Dennis asked me. I still don't think he trusts me, some part of him keeps doubting that I wouldn't tell. So I kept a solemn expression.

"They figured out I was lying and I got scared so I told them it was the five of you. They're coming in any minute now to arrest you for vandalism against school property."

Again, this was another snapshot moment.

Reece did not look the least persuaded.

Valentino was taken back, like he actually believed he was going to be arrested.

The twins looked...happy? Did they want to be expelled? I'm guessing their lives aren't too stimulating as it is.

And Dennis, poor Dennis, looked like he was about to cry.

Reece hit him across the back of his head, making him wince in pain.

"She's shitting you Den, honestly man, grow a pair."

I couldn't help it – I laughed. Like, non-stop–hold-your-tummy-cant-breathe-not- making-any-sound kind of laugh.

"That wasn't funny Chloe." Valentino stated. The disappointed-looking Jayden and Jake also nodded. It just made me laugh harder.

"Yes, yes it was."

~*~

I took a little bite out of my sandwich and listened to my friends going on about the questionings.

"Dude, they asked me twenty-three questions! Twenty-three!" Charlie stated.

"I felt like I was going to faint." Gabby, who was sitting beside him commented.

Allie played with her chips and sauce, "It felt like freaking Law & Order."

"Meh, it was alright."

The whole table looked at me like I was crazy.

"I mean...it was...um...bad."

Reece Carter entered the cafeteria and headed towards the back corner where the rest of his group of delinquents sat. On the way, he did one of those cute boyish head nods to me.

And yeah, I kind of forgot how to breathe.

"Oh my God," Gabby spoke in astonishment, "That was to you wasn't it! Reece Carter just gave you the 'what's up' nod to you didn't he?!"

"Maybe."

"Is there something going on between you two?" Gabby questioned. Beside me, Charlie tensed.

"What? No! Are you kidding me? He's just my neighbour."

"Oh my God! Reece is your freaking neighbor?! You lucky little bi- "

"You have a boyfriend," Allie interrupted. "But I'll definitely be coming over to your place more often." she winked at me.

~*~

Chloe,
Should I go with the nice, best friend type of guy who I know will never break my heart or the guy who's a daredevil but makes me feel like I'm actually living my life – except, it's never safe with him, he's just so confusing.
Tasha.

It took me longer than usual to come up with an answer. It was around twelve thirty at night and I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking wow, white is such a boring colour.

I sat up on my covers and noticed the room across from mine. Reece was asleep, he looked so peaceful and innocent - it was like his bad boy character never existed.

Suddenly, if felt like I knew the answer.

Tasshhh,
You only live once, so live your life.
It's all about taking risks and doing what your heart wants, not what your brain tells you.
Much love,
CA.

I pressed the send button and let out a sigh. Right before I decided to sleep, I noticed something in Reece's room shining as the moonlight hit its surface.

It was my diary.

My heart began to drum against my chest, my breathing – not so regular. My diary was situated right beside his bed, right next to his head.

If it were anything else, like a notepad or a text book, I really, really wouldn't have cared.

Except, this was different. Way, way different.

This had to do with my past, the things that made me Cupid's Assistant. This had to do with Ashton De Ville.

Because everything I know... Everything I've discovered.... They're all written on a page, hidden in my diary.

And I was going to get it back.

As I carefully slid open my bedroom window and felt the cool midnight air across my bare skin, I shivered.

I guess it's my turn to break in, Reece Carter.

~*~

Banner made by TessaGems! :) <3

COTE ME LIKE WOW OH WOW!

P.S - I think it's finally time to confess...I let the dogs out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66K 1.8K 15
Emma Reese's main worries used to be homework, feeding her cat and being able to find her Friends reruns in the DVR. That was until she decides to do...
1.4M 52.8K 112
I anticipated every breath, and every word. Each day, you could only take an uneducated guess at what he would say. What he would do. My heart tremor...
15K 219 14
"I'm falling for you fast!" He yelled in my face. "Then fucking kiss me Eric,kiss me!" With that sentence his lips smashed against mine and his eyes...
2.8K 160 22
TRIGGER WARNING! Read the first story, "His Name Is Lucifer," or don't, it doesn't matter. This story Break My Heart can be read as a stand-alone. I...